Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Karan Higdon

Started by Wildhog, July 15, 2014, 12:53:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

We need to be talking about him.  Many of you know who he is, but he could be on our commitment list sooner than later.  Dude runs at ludicrous speed.  Check out his highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1189994/highlights/64526376

And keep in mind, he's doing this against 6A Florida competition.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Boot_stops_here

cool...so I know he's a definite target of ours but what makes you think he could be a commit soon?

Wildhog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 15, 2014, 01:25:40 pm
cool...so I know he's a definite target of ours but what makes you think he could be a commit soon?

Visiting this month with his mother.  Says if he likes it there's a good chance he flips.
1909/1964/1965/1977

MH04

Karan said if the visit goes as planned, theres an 80% chance he flips

Bubba's Bruisers

There's been hint at him flipping to us for a while.  Very nice prospect.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Wildhog on July 15, 2014, 01:31:00 pm
Visiting this month with his mother.  Says if he likes it there's a good chance he flips.

sounds promising....thanks

cosmodrum

If dude do flip, whur he be flippin from?
Go away, batin'

MH04

ARtillahog

What about Nyheim Hines?

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 15, 2014, 01:25:40 pm

Paysite

DLUXHOG

he's got some wheels....  would be a great catch...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

muddhogger

We need him...another Jo Jo Robinson type of player. Big time playmaker.

cosmodrum

Quote from: MH04 on July 15, 2014, 01:47:55 pm
South Flurda

Hard to pass up a chance to play with J'Dinkalage Morgoone, though.

Go away, batin'

ricepig

Quote from: cosmodrum on July 15, 2014, 02:00:36 pm

Loved that skit.

BrassNunchucks

You know, I'm just going to be honest. I know he's a fast guy, but I've looked at the tape several times and I don't really see the explosive speed he's listed as having. By all reports he's a really good student, has a great attitude, and his highlight film shows he's a really, really solid back. Would definitely be a good commitment.

I just wonder if the whole speed thing is being oversold a bit. When I look at highlights of guys like Ronald Jones, Nyheim Hines and to a lesser extent Patrick Carr, the speed jumps off the screen. Not really the case for me here.

Not meant as a negative towards Higdon, just wondering if the reported time matches up with reality.

Wildhog

Quote from: BrassNunchucks on July 15, 2014, 02:04:32 pm
You know, I'm just going to be honest. I know he's a fast guy, but I've looked at the tape several times and I don't really see the explosive speed he's listed as having. By all reports he's a really good student, has a great attitude, and his highlight film shows he's a really, really solid back. Would definitely be a good commitment.

I just wonder if the whole speed thing is being oversold a bit. When I look at highlights of guys like Ronald Jones, Nyheim Hines and to a lesser extent Patrick Carr, the speed jumps off the screen. Not really the case for me here.

Not meant as a negative towards Higdon, just wondering if the reported time matches up with reality.

He's doing it against much faster competition.  I'll take the S Florida prospect over the Tejas prospect 9 times out of 8.
1909/1964/1965/1977

lumphog

Quote from: ARtillahog on July 15, 2014, 01:48:43 pm
What about Nyheim Hines?
Hines is my #1, but I'd take Higdon in a heartbeat....he plays against better comp. & as for the speed, he never got caught by a DB in the vid.....I'd be happy

ifghog

Quote from: Wildhog on July 15, 2014, 02:10:03 pm
He's doing it against much faster competition.  I'll take the S Florida prospect over the Tejas prospect 9 times out of 8.
^^^^This all day^^^^

Country Stylz

I like Carr better. Any chance we take both?

Uncommon

Quote from: Country Stylz on July 15, 2014, 04:48:26 pm
I like Carr better. Any chance we take both?
There probably is.  We're definitely signing one more back in addition to Rawleigh Williams III.

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

tophawg19

I too like Carr better . he sees the field better to me . Higdon seems like he runs into the defensive guys rather that avoiding them. I'll be happy with either one . You can add west in the mix as well . We are in on a ton of great RB's . Any of them can play major college ball and hold their own.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Fort Dweller

Quote from: cosmodrum on July 15, 2014, 02:00:36 pm

Dan Smith...BYU
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Tick Hog

He's fast as hell. You know the Db's from the other schools are going to be quick and look at the separation he's getting on those guys. I want Higdon and Carr both!!!!

hawgsmellgud

South Florida is the sec of high school ball, and if he's doing that against them he will be just fine.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Tick Hog on July 16, 2014, 12:23:21 am
He's fast as hell. You know the Db's from the other schools are going to be quick and look at the separation he's getting on those guys. I want Higdon and Carr both!!!!

Would we take both if we could?  I like Higdon's speed but Carr looks really good on film.

ARtillahog

Quote from: Dominicanhog on July 16, 2014, 08:10:43 am
Would we take both if we could?  I like Higdon's speed but Carr looks really good on film.

I've read from pay sites, the Hogs will take 2 maybe 3 if the right prospect wants to join.  IMO I take Nyheim Hines bc he's so versatile, almost a Percy Harvin type.

Wildhog

Wouldn't surprise me if we take two more RB's. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

ARtillahog

Quote from: Wildhog on July 16, 2014, 08:32:56 am
Wouldn't surprise me if we take two more RB's.

With what the Hogs have offered and who actually has high interest they might be able to take 6 total.

Wildhog

Quote from: ARtillahog on July 16, 2014, 08:49:31 am
With what the Hogs have offered and who actually has high interest they might be able to take 6 total.

It definitely seems like we're going to get some good ones, no matter what.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hawgzinbowlz

He's outrunning angles and leaving the DBs in the dust. Florida DBs are likely fast.
Nice quickness and when it's time to head North/South, he hits the hole.
Here's to hoping Coach Shannon and Thomas can get a commitment.

" GO HOGS "

OneTuskOverTheLine™

He runs over and past guys... His skill set is beastly...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

ArkansasBread3

He reminds me of Michael Smith

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

secneahog

Quote from: ArkansasBread3 on July 16, 2014, 10:14:54 am
He reminds me of Michael Smith

Lil bit yes. MS was 5'6 182 as a senior in college.
Karan is 5'10 190 as a junior in High School.

4.40 40 speed is the same though.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

RyeHogFan

Quote from: Wildhog on July 15, 2014, 12:53:24 pm
We need to be talking about him.  Many of you know who he is, but he could be on our commitment list sooner than later.  Dude runs at ludicrous speed.  Check out his highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1189994/highlights/64526376

And keep in mind, he's doing this against 6A Florida competition.

I'm not adding anything to the discussion, just wanted to say thanks for the Spaceballs reference. I needed a good laugh.

Wildhog

Quote from: RyeHogFan on July 16, 2014, 11:41:47 am
I'm not adding anything to the discussion, just wanted to say thanks for the Spaceballs reference. I needed a good laugh.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

1909/1964/1965/1977

Ball Hawk

That cut at around 3:03......wow.
Quote from: secfan30 on February 16, 2015, 11:01:56 pm

They are a perfect example of what happens with 10-12 generations of inbreeding.

The Boar War

Quote from: Ball Hawk on July 16, 2014, 01:41:54 pm

Yeah, it's not often that you see a middle linebacker contemplate his future in the sport in the middle of a play.

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

secneahog

Ready to see him call those Hogs.

nwahogfan1

Wow,  Sign that Kid up.   Would be a great get.

Oklahawg

Three RBs in this class after 1 last class is a given.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Oklahawg on July 20, 2014, 02:11:22 pm
Three RBs in this class after 1 last class is a given.

Yes, an absolute minimum of 2.  If we end up with Hill, Reed and Gragg, then the headline of this class will be offensive skill players.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Pulled(PP)pork

If someone says theyre not impressed, then they don't know what the hell they are looking for.

PP

Ironhawg

Quote from: Ball Hawk on July 16, 2014, 01:41:54 pm

That LB just completely quit chasing after that cut.  Of course, it's hard to run when your legs have been broken off at the ankles!

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

C'mon man, the only tool this kid lacks is a CAPE.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

scruf

He's going full speed by his 4th step and is always seperating from the defense. He can stop and start at will and has track speed. He's a prototypical change-of-pace back and when you can take one of these guys in a class, you take one 10 out of 10 times. But you already knew that.

pondwater jack

Huge get if we can land him...
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

secneahog