Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

USA Today Article on CBB

Started by EulessHog, July 14, 2014, 06:18:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigaman

Quote from: farhog on July 15, 2014, 02:53:59 pm
Any highly EDUCATED military leader or highly EDUCATED manufacturing safety director will agree, exhaustion = injuries.

His death had nothing to with the hurry-up offense.

PorkRinds

Quote from: bigbadhog on July 15, 2014, 01:52:00 pm
Has to be fun for reporters.  Interviewing BB would be like interviewing a 14 yo boy.  His brain can't seem to stop ridiculous things from coming out of his mouth.  Among many other things, the death certificate quote was unbelievable.  It is way too obvious that he is only trying to get a competitive advantage against the high-flying coaches.  Talking smack about Sabin's Big 10 record is a close second.  It is embarrassing...

You can't even spell Saban, which should embarrass you even more, but it won't.

HawgTide

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 15, 2014, 04:06:26 pm

He's the best tackler I've seen since Joe Montana

GolfnHog

Quote from: MountieDawg on July 14, 2014, 06:59:25 pm
I like how Bret says if you disagree with him, you are uneducated. He was the one who said the 10 second rule leads to death certificates.
I would wager Bret was a bully growing up and still tries the same crap.

Apparently reading comprehension isn't a strong suit of yours, huh? But taking a statement out of context is certainly your forte.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

bigbadhog

Quote from: farhog on July 15, 2014, 02:53:59 pm
Any highly EDUCATED military leader or highly EDUCATED manufacturing safety director will agree, exhaustion = injuries.

And Nolen seemed to find a way to use that to his advantage also.  It would be like changing the rules where a bball team can't press in the second half to avoid injuries to the other team.  BB's argument is absolutely one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

bigbadhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 15, 2014, 04:06:26 pm

Yet you seemed to know what I meant.  So now you are the spelling police?  You sure do wear a lot of hats...

nextlevel

Quote from: bigbadhog on July 15, 2014, 04:45:01 pm
And Nolen seemed to find a way to use that to his advantage also.  It would be like changing the rules where a bball team can't press in the second half to avoid injuries to the other team.  BB's argument is absolutely one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard...

At every stoppage of play, the refs allow both teams to substitute, which is exactly the change for player safety CBB wants to institute, the ability to sub after every stoppage in play.

You analogy is bad, you should feel bad.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

bigbadhog

Quote from: nextlevel on July 15, 2014, 04:50:17 pm
At every stoppage of play, the refs allow both teams to substitute, which is exactly the change for player safety CBB wants to institute, the ability to sub after every stoppage in play.

You analogy is bad, you should feel bad.

Yeah, I feel horrible...  What if the other team has players foul out and has no players to substitute?  Should the refs keep the other team from pressing?  I don't think so.  Do you feel bad???

nextlevel

Quote from: bigbadhog on July 15, 2014, 04:52:25 pm
Yeah, I feel horrible...  What if the other team has players foul out and has no players to substitute?  Should the refs keep the other team from pressing?  I don't think so.  Do you feel bad???

So, basketball is a full contact sport played for 60 minutes?

So basketball is deemed such a strenuous activity it is only played once a week?

The fact you have to resort to comparing apples to oranges should have been your first clue you are uneducated on the subject at hand.
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

bigbadhog

Quote from: nextlevel on July 15, 2014, 04:57:47 pm
So, basketball is a full contact sport played for 60 minutes?

So basketball is deemed such a strenuous activity it is only played once a week?

The fact you have to resort to comparing apples to oranges should have been your first clue you are uneducated on the subject at hand.

I have a very valid opinion that is obviously in the majority or the rule would have already been changed.  BB's take on it is a phony as a $3 bill.  He is embarrassing himself...

GolfnHog

I guess you are having a bit of a difficult time realizing that football and basketball have 2 completely different dynamics when it comes to conditioning. However, I've been never been in a gym where the surface temp was above 100+ degrees for 3 hours and I'm sure in all your world travels of conditioning for all sports, you have.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

GolfnHog

Quote from: bigbadhog on July 15, 2014, 05:01:49 pm
I have a very valid opinion that is obviously in the majority or the rule would have already been changed.  BB's take on it is a phony as a $3 bill.  He is embarrassing himself...
Don't think his take is phony but your distain for BB is beyond reproach.

bigbadhog

Quote from: GolfnHog on July 15, 2014, 05:02:27 pm
I guess you are having a bit of a difficult time realizing that football and basketball have 2 completely different dynamics when it comes to conditioning. However, I've been never been in a gym where the surface temp was above 100+ degrees for 3 hours and I'm sure in all your world travels of conditioning for all sports, you have.

I want a coach who knows when to keep his mouth shut and let the play on the field do his talking.  A coach that does not embarrass my school with such ridiculous arguments.  The rule is the rule - quit crying and start finding something to our advantage other than changing rules. 

870hogfan

Quote from: bigbadhog on July 15, 2014, 05:07:35 pm
I want a coach who knows when to keep his mouth shut and let the play on the field do his talking.  A coach that does not embarrass my school with such ridiculous arguments.  The rule is the rule - quit crying and start finding something to our advantage other than changing rules.

I bet if it was Petrino that wanted the rule change you would be behind it....

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

nextlevel

You mean like lieing about circumstances involving an event when the truth is on a police report that is accessible to the public?

That was pretty damn embarrassing for the University and program.

ell oh ell

bigbadhog

Quote from: 870hogfan on July 15, 2014, 05:13:33 pm

I bet if it was Petrino that wanted the rule change you would be behind it....

He wouldn't want it changed he competed with the HUNH teams just fine...

bigbadhog

Quote from: nextlevel on July 15, 2014, 05:18:13 pm
You mean like lieing about circumstances involving an event when the truth is on a police report that is accessible to the public?

BP was paid to win football games, not to be a nice person.  Barry Switzer's time at OU makes BP look like a virgin choir boy... 

ricepig

Quote from: nextlevel on July 15, 2014, 05:18:13 pm

Boom

bigbadhog

Quote from: ricepig on July 15, 2014, 05:20:55 pm
Boom

It appears the police report was wrong and he wasn't lying.  She was at the scene but not on the motorcycle when it crashed but you keep on believing what you believe and I will do the same...

GolfnHog

To make a point to how inept your argument is: somewhere in the past some coach or committee decided that leather helmets were a health hazard and helmets evolved from that point forward. I'm of the opinion that BB's position on player safety will get further consideration as time goes forward.

I'm a believer that where there is smoke there is fire. As an example, why would a coach that runs the offense that Aubby runs  need to "fake" an injury that would make most soccer players envious when an opponent goes "no huddle" and they couldn't get their defensive alignment in under the rules that they support?

ricepig

Quote from: bigbadhog on July 15, 2014, 05:23:48 pm
It appears the police report was wrong and he wasn't lying.  She was at the scene but not on the motorcycle when it crashed but you keep on believing what you believe and I will do the same...

Appears?? Well now, that will hold up in court.

GolfnHog

Quote from: bigbadhog on July 15, 2014, 05:23:48 pm

Under current statute's police reports can legally be amended as information becomes available, regardless of what was initially reported. But let's not let facts get in the way of a good story.

bigbadhog

Quote from: GolfnHog on July 15, 2014, 05:29:21 pm
To make a point to how inept your argument is: somewhere in the past some coach or committee decided that leather helmets were a health hazard and helmets evolved from that point forward. I'm of the opinion that BB's position on player safety will get further consideration as time goes forward.

I'm a believer that where there is smoke there is fire. As an example, why would a coach that runs the offense that Aubby runs  need to "fake" an injury that would make most soccer players envious when an opponent goes "no huddle" and they couldn't get their defensive alignment in under the rules that they support?

HUNH teams gain an advantage under the current rules.  BB is trying to gain advantage by changing the rules.  It is phony and a very weak position.  It will eventually hurt our recruiting because he is out of touch with the game.  Faking injuries should be a penalty but is obviously difficult to judge...

ricepig

Quote from: bigbadhog on July 15, 2014, 05:41:04 pm
HUNH teams gain an advantage under the current rules.  BB is trying to gain advantage by changing the rules.  It is phony and a very weak position.  It will eventually hurt our recruiting because he is out of touch with the game.  Faking injuries should be a penalty but is obviously difficult to judge...

So, the rule change in 2008 that gave offensive teams an advantage was ok?

bigbadhog

Quote from: ricepig on July 15, 2014, 05:45:14 pm
So, the rule change in 2008 that gave offensive teams an advantage was ok?

Who pushed for it to fit their agenda???  The clock being restarted after an out of bounds play is not an advantage for the offense.  Targeting defenseless players and horse collar tackles directly lead to injuries - HUNH does not.  Apples and oranges... 

WashUhog6

I'm certainly not the biggest believer in Bret Bielema, but I would love nothing more than for him to succeed at Arkansas.

Can you imagine how fun it would be to succeed in this conference with a coach that pisses everyone off? Petrino was hated, but for much different reasons. Bielema, on the other hand, is hated because of his brash personality, and his refusal to act in a submissive manner no matter who seeks to hold him down. Arkansas has had some tough times fitting in the SEC due to our relative newcomer status and for many other reasons I do not fully understand. Bielema is looked upon the same way in SEC circles--a perfect match, both treated as near-outcasts with disrespect that neither deserve, and neither receiving due respect from the masses for their accomplishments both recent and long ago.

For purely off the field reasons, I can think of no better fit as Arkansas' head coach. In time, hopefully the wins follow.

ricepig

Quote from: bigbadhog on July 15, 2014, 05:53:12 pm
Who pushed for it to fit their agenda???  The clock being restarted after an out of bounds play is not an advantage for the offense.  Targeting defenseless players and horse collar tackles directly lead to injuries - HUNH does not.  Apples and oranges... 

The difference in the :25 and :40 clock. Under the :25 clock the refs allowed for substitutions before starting it, now the :40 clock starts after the play is blown dead.

bigbadhog

Quote from: ricepig on July 15, 2014, 06:11:39 pm
The difference in the :25 and :40 clock. Under the :25 clock the refs allowed for substitutions before starting it, now the :40 clock starts after the play is blown dead.

Was someone pushing for that to get a competitive advantage?  Certainly the smart coaches have adapted their games to try to get an advantage and it has worked for them.  That is just smart football...

PorkRinds

Quote from: bigbadhog on July 15, 2014, 04:47:09 pm
Yet you seemed to know what I meant.  So now you are the spelling police?  You sure do wear a lot of hats...

You misspelled Nolan too...

ricepig

Quote from: bigbadhog on July 15, 2014, 06:15:51 pm
Was someone pushing for that to get a competitive advantage?  Certainly the smart coaches have adapted their games to try to get an advantage and it has worked for them.  That is just smart football...

Yep, all the HUNH coaches did, even those that didn't know they were.

bigbadhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 15, 2014, 06:18:36 pm
You misspelled Nolan too...

I DON'T CARE.  I know how to spell National Championship and Innovative Football - two things that BB will never sniff...

870hogfan

Quote from: bigbadhog on July 15, 2014, 07:20:44 pm
I DON'T CARE.  I know how to spell National Championship and Innovative Football - two things that BB will never sniff...

You know this how?

PorkRinds

You're also confused about what words should be capitalized.

bigbadhog

Quote from: 870hogfan on July 15, 2014, 07:22:39 pm

You know this how?

It is my opinion from being a 40+ year fan of the Razorbacks and college football in general.  Frank Broyles was innovative for his time.  So was Lou Holtz.  BP was very innovative.  Hatfield, Crowe, Ford and Nutt were not innovative.  Neither is BB - in fact he is the opposite of innovative - many would argue he is a dinosaur.  I wonder which direction will work best for the Razorbacks??? 

bigbadhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 15, 2014, 07:24:01 pm

You are actually kind of funny, you are Growing on me :)

ricepig

Quote from: bigbadhog on July 15, 2014, 07:27:50 pm
It is my opinion from being a 40+ year fan of the Razorbacks and college football in general.  Frank Broyles was innovative for his time.  So was Lou Holtz.  BP was very innovative.  Hatfield, Crowe, Ford and Nutt were not innovative.  Neither is BB - in fact he is the opposite of innovative - many would argue he is a dinosaur.  I wonder which direction will work best for the Razorbacks??? 

Well, some less than innovative teams have won NC's over the years. Was quick kicking on 3rd down innovative?

GolfnHog

So it's safe to say you've given up any and all tickets you possessed and will only be the armchair QB extraordinaire that you profess to be until CBB is gone?
Speaking of sniffing, how's that rarified air up where your pompous fan hood is perched?

PonderinHog

Quote from: bigbadhog on July 15, 2014, 07:28:52 pm
You are actually kind of funny, you are Growing on me :)
It could be a tumor.

bigbadhog

Quote from: GolfnHog on July 15, 2014, 07:36:49 pm
So it's safe to say you've given up any and all tickets you possessed and will only be the armchair QB extraordinaire that you profess to be until CBB is gone?
Speaking of sniffing, how's that rarified air up where your pompous fan hood is perched?

I will be at all home games rooting for the Razorbacks as I have been most of my life.  I will just be wishing we had a coach who I respected and had confidence could win here... 

Kenny Hawgins

Don't lie; you spell-checked both of those.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

bigbadhog

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on July 15, 2014, 07:48:12 pm
Don't lie; you spell-checked both of those.

Can't sneak anything by you...

buldozer

Being frank and outspoken is accepted a lot more from someone with a winning record..... the critics do not come so quick for some one like Spurrier or Saban

Hawgzinbowlz

Glad we have a straight talking coach.
Now...win.

"He's been known to talk a little trash," Allen says. "It motivates us. The energy he brings really gets us going. He's such a genuine guy. Good or bad, he says what's on his mind.

"That's something we haven't had in a long time here."

Now it's time to win.

" GO HOGS "

HogFanatic

Why in the world would anyone say that Spurrier's "Schtick" has worn itself out?

The man has posted three consecutive 11 win seasons at South Carolina, of all places.
He is easily in the top three on the Best Coaches list.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 15, 2014, 07:24:01 pm

You ARE beginning To annoy Me.
[CENSORED]!

PorkRinds

tusksincolorado

That is a ridiculous comparison.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

bigbadhog

Quote from: tusksincolorado on July 15, 2014, 09:31:00 pm
That is a ridiculous comparison.

The "death certificate" comment was asinine, desperate and embarrassing.  Nobody and I mean nobody with any sense would believe that...

PorkRinds

Quote from: bigbadhog on July 15, 2014, 09:56:27 pm
The "death certificate" comment was asinine, desperate and embarrassing.  Nobody and I mean nobody with any sense would believe that...

Sickle cell related issues are the #1 cause of death among NCAA athletes since 2000. Exhaustion puts them at higher risk. That was his point, which you completely missed. There HAVE been death certificates from sickle cell issues. Undeniable.