Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dominique Reed

Started by GEO-HOG, July 14, 2014, 04:44:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GEO-HOG

We offered the former Camden Fairview standout.  He's now at Coffeyville CC.  WPS

SemperFi

Quote from: GEO-HOG on July 14, 2014, 04:44:51 pm
We offered the former Camden Fairview standout.  He's now at Coffeyville CC.  WPS

Link please. Very interested in this news.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

RNHog

Quote from: GEO-HOG on July 14, 2014, 04:44:51 pm

Speed.

lumphog

Quote from: SemperFi on July 14, 2014, 05:56:35 pm
Link please. Very interested in this news.
No link, but I just saw it on twitter too. Tweet from  @RazorCoverage.."Arkansas has offered @dominiquereed81 . The 6'-4" Reed was a former standout WR at Camden Fairview. #WPS  http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2107946/highlights/115231391

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

PorkRinds

ricepig

What does this say of our other WR offers?

tophawg19

doesn't matter . this kid can flat out play . great hands a good speed to go with his size. very talented player
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

JackJohnson

Where is he at now??  Played his true fr season in 2012 at coffeyville but Isn't on the roster now and apparently didn't play for them last year (2013) in what would have been his sophomore year there as he doesn't show up in their season stats

Roster

http://www.coffeyville.edu/campusuite/modules/rosters.cfm?grp_id=7330

2013 team stats

http://www.kjccc.org/football/13/stats/coffeyville/sindiv_2.html

Music City Hog

Are we his first offer?

Hogeration

His 90+ yards per game ranks him second all time at Coffeyville.

Bacon_Bitz

I wonder who he was catching passes from at Coffeyville CC?

lumphog

Quote from: Hogeration on July 14, 2014, 09:30:13 pm
His 90+ yards per game ranks him second all time at Coffeyville.
We need some of that.....Who saw him play in HS ?

orgkeith

Kid was a stud in high school.  Outstanding track guy.  Had no chance to qualified, so no one wrote anything about him.

lumphog

Quote from: orgkeith on July 15, 2014, 02:21:20 pm
Kid was a stud in high school.  Outstanding track guy.  Had no chance to qualified, so no one wrote anything about him.
Thanks, love this kinda recruit.....I'm all in on Reed

MP24

  Retweeted by Dominique Reed 

Derek Young @DYoungScout       

#Arkansas has offered Coffeyville (KS) CC wideout Dominique Reed. He's a long 6-4, 185 lb. WR and one of fastest players in country.

https://twitter.com/dominiquereed81

Profile  http://247sports.com/Player/Dominique-Reed-17723

January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

31to6

Did he redshirt in JUCO?

hawgwash

Otis and another guy predicted him to Arkansas on 247 this afternoon.

tophawg19

Quote from: lumphog on July 15, 2014, 11:38:30 am
We need some of that.....Who saw him play in HS ?
Lumphog  i've watched him several times . this kid is the real deal. And he can get separation both with speed and physical play at the LOS .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

HogShat

I watched Slim play all through high school. Freakish moves on WR screens at the LOS, amazing ups to make catches in the end zone. Will be a huge get for our WR corps. Had some 'tude problems, but if BB is offering him it would seem that has gone by the wayside.

lumphog

Quote from: tophawg19 on July 15, 2014, 06:13:39 pm
Lumphog  i've watched him several times . this kid is the real deal. And he can get separation both with speed and physical play at the LOS .
This staff is doin a helluva job....I'm excited about the future. Reed is what we need. Thanks for the info, guys like THIS to go with our RB's, is gonna be hard to stop....I really believe that Chaney is going to be a great OC. Can't wait for some football. KICK THE BALL!!!!

NLRHog92

Eligibility? Not sure if he sat out last year or not. Hopefully will be able to hop on board and play right away.

Melorock089

At 6'4, he's pretty light at 185lbs. I think he'll need about 15lbs of muscle or so, hopefully without losing any of his speed.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: NLRHog92 on July 15, 2014, 07:18:16 pm
Eligibility? Not sure if he sat out last year or not. Hopefully will be able to hop on board and play right away.
2 to play 2.

And he will commit soon.
All Gas, No Brakes!

MAL3

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on July 15, 2014, 08:40:31 am
I wonder who he was catching passes from at Coffeyville CC?
It's funny you asked. In 2012, it was AJ Derby

PorkRinds

Quote from: MAL3 on July 15, 2014, 08:13:44 pm
It's funny you asked. In 2012, it was AJ Derby

That's pretty stinking epic actually.

DallasHogFan

What was the reason for him going JC? Did he have any D-1 offers coming out of HS?
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some "Hogville Censored" muscle. -Wooderson

Fort Dweller

Quote from: DallasHogFan on July 15, 2014, 08:42:34 pm
What was the reason for him going JC? Did he have any D-1 offers coming out of HS?

Academics
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

NLRHog92

Quote from: Deep Shoat on July 15, 2014, 07:42:42 pm
2 to play 2.

And he will commit soon.

I was banking on it haha! But hmm. I wonder why he say out last year after having a stellar 1st year?

PygmalionEffect

Quote from: Deep Shoat on July 15, 2014, 07:42:42 pm
2 to play 2.

And he will commit soon.

Is that confirmed?

Just wondering since a couple posts mentioned he might have sat out last year which I assume that means he red shirted.

Normally in that case he would have 3 to play 3 wouldn't he?

Maybe there's a year in there we're missing?
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

NLRHog92

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on July 15, 2014, 10:29:58 pm
Is that confirmed?

Just wondering since a couple posts mentioned he might have sat out last year which I assume that means he red shirted.

Normally in that case he would have 3 to play 3 wouldn't he?

Maybe there's a year in there we're missing?

2 to play 2 would be including this upcoming year to play as well. 2015 JUCO I think.

Tick Hog

He played in 12 and according to Danny West sat out last year because " an incident came up" and I figure he will play this year. So 2 to play 2. Wonder what the incident could have been ???

HogShat

I referenced it in my above post... No need to dig up a bunch of stuff and bash the guy. I tend to believe if we offered him, he has his ish squared away...

JackJohnson

Quote from: HogShat on July 16, 2014, 07:59:42 am
I referenced it in my above post... No need to dig up a bunch of stuff and bash the guy. I tend to believe if we offered him, he has his ish squared away...

If this kid is as big fast and explosive as it appears he is worth the risk. He will be surrounded by a bunch of high character kids who will be good influences to help out if needed.  We NEED and can afford to take a couple chances esp on a game breaking WR

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: HogShat on July 16, 2014, 07:59:42 am
I tend to believe if we offered him, he has his ish squared away...

Sounds very fair. CBB doesn't put up with a bunch of riff-raff so I would say this is the case.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.