Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Two New 2015 BBall Targets

Started by RazorAg, July 14, 2014, 01:45:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mhuff

Quote from: HawgnCorona on July 24, 2014, 04:38:06 pm
And that is good if we get in on them 3-4yrs out...Like an Isaiah Jasey at PF/C 2017. Not sure why you would think anyone is giving up though. Aggressive recruiting I would say is subjective though.

Am i happy so far, lets just say i have no reason to be upset...We haven't signed anyone. Beside im only upset win we lose...We can do that with 5* players as well as 3* players.

We will need Jasey or other talented players. I don't think you are going to be consistently winning with 3* players. We had better than that and we didn't get the job done. I do not want to settle for winning seasons only. I want a national program that players are wanting to come to Arkansas. What we have is a program that has not been successful...... that has not gotten the job done. This year we are playing a harder schedule. We have a chance to get some recognition.

HawgnCorona

Well sure we all want to win Championships...Who doesnt, right? So what program best fits the model you would like to see here?

As for 3* you can win consistently proving you have a good staff, system, support etc...But even winning Championships isnt easy, considering all things. For anyone...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

mhuff

Quote from: HawgnCorona on July 24, 2014, 05:01:17 pm
Well sure we all want to win Championships...Who doesnt, right? So what program best fits the model you would like to see here?

As for 3* you can win consistently proving you have a good staff, system, support etc...But even winning Championships isnt easy, considering all things. For anyone...

I have always admired the program that Nolan and Eddie had at Arkansas. The seats were full. The teams played great defense. I do not expect all 4* and 5* players. I mean really who gets that? I want consistency. A real program where there is seldom a drop to the bottom after a graduating class. Nolan was in the NCAA's year after year. Now do not tell me it can't be done because we have been there. However, we are not there now and settling for less is not going to get us there.

What you said about having the right staff is relevant. Having the right coach is even more relevant.

mhuff

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on July 24, 2014, 04:40:45 pm
Last I saw, as of mid-June, Moore had gotten offers from Wake Forest, LaSalle, & Baylor. Arkansas is said to be showing interest, as is Vandy and Cal.

Moore has recently been quoted as saying he and Coach Watkins text each other quite often, and that MA told him about a year ago that he would not let him leave the state. He'll likely be a Hog if and when he's given the opportunity.

Thanks

I do not quite understand that. Moore is reportedly a standout player.... nationally acclaimed. Is the offer not coming until we get this recruiting class in the barn. We just do not seem to be showing the love. With the instate players we have lost, I would think big time love ought to be shown.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: mhuff on July 24, 2014, 05:55:49 pm
Thanks

I do not quite understand that. Moore is reportedly a standout player.... nationally acclaimed. Is the offer not coming until we get this recruiting class in the barn. We just do not seem to be showing the love. With the instate players we have lost, I would think big time love ought to be shown.

Moore appears he could/should be a top 100 player in his class before he's done, but RazorAg noted earlier this month that he's got to improve his skills to match his frame. (http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=569922.0)

I'm going to assume the staff has spent enough time communicating with him that they feel comfortable enough thinking they have time to recruit other targets before committing to Moore this early.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

poloprince

Quote from: mhuff on July 24, 2014, 05:55:49 pm
Thanks

Danny West had a story a while back that Moore holds an offer from Arkansas.
$PoLoPrInCe$

HawgnCorona

Quote from: mhuff on July 24, 2014, 05:28:10 pm
I have always admired the program that Nolan and Eddie had at Arkansas. The seats were full. The teams played great defense. I do not expect all 4* and 5* players. I mean really who gets that? I want consistency. A real program where there is seldom a drop to the bottom after a graduating class. Nolan was in the NCAA's year after year. Now do not tell me it can't be done because we have been there. However, we are not there now and settling for less is not going to get us there.

What you said about having the right staff is relevant. Having the right coach is even more relevant.

UK has the last few yrs since Calipari...But you have to ask what is going on there that isnt going on at Duke, KU, UCLA?
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

chiefhawg

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on July 24, 2014, 03:03:35 pm
One thing I continually notice is that whenever I see a 'what coaches are at this event' tweet from one of the many recruiting writers I follow, I rarely (if ever) see Arkansas represented.

For example, just a half hour ago, Adam Finkelstein of ESPN tweeted that "Providence, South Carolina, Rutgers, Seton Hall, Syracuse among those schools here at @BattleofBorders."

Honestly, I do not recall the last time I saw Arkansas being represented for being in attendance (aside from Arkansas media) of an AAU or some other prep event. Most often it's the big programs who get mentioned, but there are plenty of times we should/could be mentioned alongside some of these other programs, and we're simply not.

I mention this because, while I'm certain we have coaches at these events scouting and being visible to whatever recruit(s) they are watching, perhaps there is an issue with our assistants not being nearly as recognizable as some of the others who are being noticed much more consistently. Are they sitting where they can't be seen? Are they late to these events? Do they wear Razorback colors? Who knows?
You have a valid point.  I was watching the Peach Jam games this weekend.  During half time of one of the Wings' games the camera panned the coaches. Coach Anderson and TJ were sitting next to each other in Razorback gear.  The camera just moved past them to Roy Williams and stayed on him as he just stood there doing nothing.
It was like something a parent would do with their young child. Waiting for them to do something exciting.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: chiefhawg on July 24, 2014, 07:33:48 pm
You have a valid point.  I was watching the Peach Jam games this weekend.  During half time of one of the Wings' games the camera panned the coaches. Coach Anderson and TJ were sitting next to each other in Razorback gear.  The camera just moved past them to Roy Williams and stayed on him as he just stood there doing nothing.
It was like something a parent would do with their young child. Waiting for them to do something exciting.

Sooo. We're there hiding in plain sight. The media (unbiased of course) just can't seem to see us. Or maybe we aren't relevant enough to mention. Either way, it's driving MHuff crazy.

Quick! Somebody tweet the tweeters who tweet this stuff so that we can tell Huff before he huffs and puffs and blows this recruiting house of straw to the ground.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.