Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wally Hall question.

Started by muddhogger, July 14, 2014, 12:33:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkRinds

Quote from: muddhogger on July 14, 2014, 12:33:19 pm
Not a fan of the little man himself but Wally Hall asked this question on twitter this morning and thought it would make for a good discussion.

@WallyLikeItIs: Will Gus Malzahn suspend Nick Marshall, who was allegedly caught with some marijuana, for the first game, which happens to be Arkansas.

You would think a supposed professional would end a question with correct punctuation.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 14, 2014, 07:45:43 pm
You would think a supposed professional would end a question with correct punctuation.

Again, We are talking about Wally.....
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

BPsTheMan

Quote from: CallMeHog on July 14, 2014, 12:38:20 pm
Well thanks for clearing that up, Gus.

Gus is not hurrying up on his decision

chenalhog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 14, 2014, 02:01:32 pm
Off field issues didnt seem to hurt Johnny Foosball.

And what illegal issues did Johny football have??

ricepig

Quote from: chenalhog on July 14, 2014, 08:10:05 pm

Besides getting paid for autographs, none I guess.

PorkRinds

Quote from: chenalhog on July 14, 2014, 08:10:05 pm
arrested for underage drinking and a fake ID.

bruisemeister

Lets not be holier than thou. The Hogs have had their share of bad behavior in the past. Remember Scotty and Corliss were caught making illegal copies of parking stickers. Kareem Reed was caught with some pot. So was C4. Carlos Hall was involved in a hit and run. Lets not forget about DMAC and the piano bar. So he had a little weed. Big deal. Let him play. The game is probably a loss either way.

kchogfan14

Quote from: RyeHogFan on July 14, 2014, 01:33:51 pm
One of two things will happen: 1) Gus will come out sometime during the fall practice and declare that Marshall has been sufficiently punished, has done everything they asked him to, and has been a model citizen and a team leader. 2) In order to appear that he has been really "tough" in his handling of the situation, Gus will not allow Marshall to start, but he will be coming in after the first drive or two.

Mark it down. Book it. Take it to the bank. It's the SOP of major college athletics. 

Exactly.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: muddhogger on July 14, 2014, 12:40:43 pm
Haha I think there's no way ole Gus suspends him for the game against  us. I would be suprised if he does. Gus wants to win at any cost why else take a guy (nick Marshall) who was kicked off Georgia's team for stealing from his own teammates!
Ha! Well said

Hogtimes

Quote from: muddhogger on July 14, 2014, 12:56:40 pm
Not defending mallet for what he did but getting drunk isn't illegal but smoking pot is. I'm sure mallatt had some type of punishment for his public intox.

I thought  public intoxication was illegal

WorfHog

Quote from: RallyPuppy on July 14, 2014, 07:56:10 pm
Gus is not hurrying up on his decision

It's not safe to rush such a decision.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: WorfHog on July 15, 2014, 03:39:38 pm
It's not safe to rush such a decision.
Right, better fake an injury and think about the best way to defend it first.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

LRHawg

So Marshall got busted with the remains of his 1/2 oz. Big deal. However, he will have to be careful. If he's smart he'll stop till after the football season. He won't miss a down in August for this.

Country Stylz

Quote from: hawgsalot on July 14, 2014, 12:51:03 pm
Nope Petrino's discipline was a lot like Gus's
I heard that. What a couple of losers you guys.

jdr777

Let he who is among you who has not toked cast the first bong.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: bruisemeister on July 15, 2014, 12:53:14 am
Lets not be holier than thou. The Hogs have had their share of bad behavior in the past. Remember Scotty and Corliss were caught making illegal copies of parking stickers. Kareem Reed was caught with some pot. So was C4. Carlos Hall was involved in a hit and run. Lets not forget about DMAC and the piano bar. So he had a little weed. Big deal. Let him play. The game is probably a loss either way.

Hello, the "Dorm Incident",  Courtney Fortson, Marquel Wade, Jason Peacock, Mark Pierce plenty of trouble his junior year, never made it to his senior year, prison, out killed a man, Josh Melton killed a guy for grabbing his weiner, ok it was after his Razorback days were over but still. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.