Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Untapable to Haskell

Started by cbhawg03, July 14, 2014, 09:51:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cbhawg03

kingoftherapids

HogFanInBryant

Hand ride, 3 lengths minimum being geared down.

kingoftherapids

she will be in the winners circle.

kingoftherapids

and i hope the big dogs go try to beat her because i'd like a good return

cbhawg03

Quote from: kingoftherapids on July 15, 2014, 09:54:30 am
and i hope the big dogs go try to beat her because i'd like a good return

I know one of the DRF guys said they thought she would get beat if connections choose Haskell. I can't remember which one said it, but he thought Bayern would be the one to beat. General A Rod has some nice works as well and demolished a weak field at GP by like 10.

She will be favored, but will be better price than usual.

husker71

If I could get 2 to 1 on her I would go in deep

jdelo77

Is there any way she gets beat ? I could see her price going down and Bayerns going up , only reason I ask is I'm thinking about throwing a good amount on her ( $200 ) ...I don't see Bayerns beating her either ...

cbhawg03

I don't think that Bayern will win.

There is one little caveat though, Monmouth has a tendency to be speed favoring, not as bad as GP, but at times it can be just about as bad. Could it be speed favoring tomorrow, which allows Bayern to win? Yes.

If the track plays fair, I think she wins.

jdelo77

A buddy says it's laughable that she's the M/L favorite , he bet me $100 that Bayern finishes ahead of her ... Of course I took it !

cbhawg03

Speed and rail, nobody on outside made up ground and only horse that did was coming from back along the rail, that was the only horse that made up any ground

HogFanInBryant

Not her day, something was up with her health for her to run that bad.  Bayern did kind of freak but she should have been near him at some point.  Will have to wait and see.

ghostzapper

Hard to ever take a race run that way at Monmouth as a true indicator of a horse's ability.   Nonetheless, Bayern appears to have become a formidable three year old.

cbhawg03

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on July 27, 2014, 05:47:40 pm
Not her day, something was up with her health for her to run that bad.  Bayern did kind of freak but she should have been near him at some point.  Will have to wait and see.

Not health, just the track. Monmouth is almost as bad as GP

jdelo77

I did pretty well today at Monmouth and it's a good thing I did because I shelled over that $100 to my buddy ....

mckinneyhog5

Just too difficult for fillies to run against the boys, and I know they do regulary in Europe.  Untappable is no RA.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

ghostzapper

Speed figures don't lie.  She's regressing.

ghostzapper

Bayern gets a 109, and becomes the best 3 year old in training. She wasn't going to beat him with her best race.

cbhawg03

July 28, 2014, 08:32:26 am #18 Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 08:44:57 am by cbhawg03
Quote from: ghostzapper on July 28, 2014, 06:37:21 am
Bayern gets a 109, and becomes the best 3 year old in training. She wasn't going to beat him with her best race.

This. He was out in front and had the rail.

Watch the replay, only really one horse that is making up any ground and I believe it was Albino along the rail. Look at the horses next to and around Untapable, they weren't going anywhere.

Steve Asmussen, trainer of Untapable, said, "She didn't get away well at all, and was never in position to win the race the way the track was playing today."

She might very well be the best 3 year old filly, but she is not what some of you guys are trying to make her, the 2nd coming of Rachel or Zenyatta. I don't think that you can completely discount her because of the track at Monmouth, but she is not even the top dirt filly/mare at the moment.

Europe, Australia and Japan run their females against the boys all the time. Here it is a big deal, it is either the training or the dirt that makes a difference, perhaps both. If it happens here then it is like stop what you are doing to catch this, other countries it is just another day when it happens.

cbhawg03

Quote from: ghostzapper on July 28, 2014, 06:37:21 am

I wouldn't think to go there, at least not yet. Uncontested lead and the rail, rail seemed to be very good yesterday at Monmouth.

Not sure how good, Tonalist, Wicked Strong and some others are, but they have proven more than Bayern. Bayern may finally live up to all the potential and talk, but he has to prove it against some better horses, that was a pretty weak field in the Haskell.

Also, how about the owners of Social Inclusion? They passed up like 8 million for SI, what is he worth now? $200k? If that. I know they didn't know what we knew now, but man that would be a hard pill to sallow.

cbhawg03

BTW, I think it was Watchmaker that called Bayern winning Haskell about a month ago and said that Untapable didn't have a chance

ghostzapper

Quote from: cbhawg03 on July 28, 2014, 08:35:37 am
I wouldn't think to go there, at least not yet. Uncontested lead and the rail, rail seemed to be very good yesterday at Monmouth.

Not sure how good, Tonalist, Wicked Strong and some others are, but they have proven more than Bayern. Bayern may finally live up to all the potential and talk, but he has to prove it against some better horses, that was a pretty weak field in the Haskell.

Also, how about the owners of Social Inclusion? They passed up like 8 million for SI, what is he worth now? $200k? If that. I know they didn't know what we knew now, but man that would be a hard pill to sallow.

The horses in the Haskell had run as good a set of speed figures as any other 3 year old race this year, maybe the best.  Bayern has put together two consecutive good races Beyerwise - as good as any pair of races CC ran.  Wicked Strong got only a 98 winning the Jim Dandy.  I realize the rail was golden, but in this bad crop of three year olds, Bayern is the current standout. 

cbhawg03

Unless there is a speed bias on Travers day at Saratoga, I would give you 10-1 on Bayern in the Travers should he run.

Should he win the Travers, then ok, I will agree with you about how good he has become, but until then, prove it outside of Monmouth.

cbhawg03

Social Inclusion has been sent to Chad Brown

ghostzapper

Quote from: cbhawg03 on July 29, 2014, 08:42:22 am
Unless there is a speed bias on Travers day at Saratoga, I would give you 10-1 on Bayern in the Travers should he run.

Should he win the Travers, then ok, I will agree with you about how good he has become, but until then, prove it outside of Monmouth.

I'd be an idiot not to take that bet.  He didn't win on the lead at Belmont and there was no speed bias that day. 

ghostzapper

Quote from: cbhawg03 on July 29, 2014, 09:08:52 am
Social Inclusion has been sent to Chad Brown

I'm guessing he won't be running in races over a mile in length.

cbhawg03

Quote from: ghostzapper on July 29, 2014, 04:59:29 pm
I'd be an idiot not to take that bet.  He didn't win on the lead at Belmont and there was no speed bias that day.

Yes but there is 3 Furlong difference between the Woody Stephens and the Travers.

I'm not saying that he isn't good, but just prove it outside of Monmouth. You know how you want to see someone win outside of GP on the lead? It is the same way with Monmouth, especially since he had the rail that day.

ghostzapper

I understand what you're saying.  He may fall flat on his face if he goes to Saratoga.  But, he will likely be the favorite in the race.  I would be crazy not to bet him at 10-1.