Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alex Brignoni the Forgotten LB

Started by HogWildBison2011, July 14, 2014, 12:00:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogWildBison2011

I just noticed the other day while reading some assessments/thoughts on the upcoming season that everyone has forgotten Alex! When the Fayetteville 3 committed all at once I remember watching all of their HUDL film and getting more excited about this prospect as much as the other two. Brignoni played safety in HS and red-shirted last season. I am excited to watch him develop in the coming years.

Profiles
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=30724&SPID=2419&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=208701363&Q_SEASON=2014
http://247sports.com/Player/Alex-Brignoni-17169
Highlights
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/519944/highlights/8196386

Steef

acey33

Seems to have a nose for the football and Good luck Alex...WPS

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: Kevin on July 14, 2014, 10:54:00 am
is he healthy?
From what I have heard from coaches interviews during spring ball he had a procedure in the beginning of last season and is healing nicely. I'm not gonna lie to you and pretend to remember what he had done tho. I thought that he would have the opportunity to contribute right away last season but I was excited to hear him red shirt and maintain full eligibility. I'm waiting for a response on his status & will share it asap.

ricepig

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on July 14, 2014, 04:30:37 pm
From what I have heard from coaches interviews during spring ball he had a procedure in the beginning of last season and is healing nicely. I'm not gonna lie to you and pretend to remember what he had done tho. I thought that he would have the opportunity to contribute right away last season but I was excited to hear him red shirt and maintain full eligibility. I'm waiting for a response on his status & will share it asap.

Pretty sure it was a back issue. He's listed at 206lbs and still at DB in the media guide.

jwhite_13

At 6-1 206, he's gonna need to add some beef before
Being an effective LB at this level.

coastalrazorback

I think that he is in prime position to take some people by surprise this coming year. I'm really hoping that we see him blossom.

ricepig

Quote from: coastalrazorback on July 14, 2014, 04:43:59 pm
I think that he is in prime position to take some people by surprise this coming year. I'm really hoping that we see him blossom.

What would lead you to believe that?

coastalrazorback

Quote from: ricepig on July 14, 2014, 04:44:58 pm
What would lead you to believe that?

The weakness of the position. If he has the talent, then he will have an opportunity.

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: ricepig on July 14, 2014, 04:36:54 pm
Pretty sure it was a back issue. He's listed at 206lbs and still at DB in the media guide.
Coaches have said that he is in the LB group & is listed on Arkansasrazorbacks.com as one. And I have little doubt that he can gain the weight.

thebignasty

He was awesome in HS, but the back has been an issue since the beginning of his senior year.  Hopefully he's on the road to clearing that up.

muddhogger

Speaking of linebacker, heard trey biddy on drive time say that brooks Ellis was up to 244lbs. Did I hear that right? If so he is a true SEC linebacker. Trey was also talking about incoming freshman Joshua Liddell and Santos Ramirez and that Santos was up to 190lbs plus and I didn't hear what he said Liddell was up to.

ricepig

Quote from: muddhogger on July 14, 2014, 08:33:24 pm
Speaking of linebacker, heard trey biddy on drive time say that brooks Ellis was up to 244lbs. Did I hear that right? If so he is a true SEC linebacker. Trey was also talking about incoming freshman Joshua Liddell and Santos Ramirez and that Santos was up to 190lbs plus and I didn't hear what he said Liddell was up to.

Media Guide says Ellis weighs 244lbs, we'll see come August.

Hogeration

Quote from: muddhogger on July 14, 2014, 08:33:24 pm

Not that he didn't last year but if we are gonna have any chance defensively, Ellis is gonna have to step up big time.  I know he did as a true freshman but we will need him to take it up a level.  I have high hopes that by his junior or senior year, his name will be mentioned along with top midwest LBs, Bama LBs, and others.

SamBuckhart

I noticed in the Media Guide that there were several players who have gained weight. Go Alex. Go Hogs.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Hogfly

Funnily enough, I think Brignoni's birthday was either yesterday or today. Anyway, he needs to put on some weight, but he has a lot of raw talent 

As for Brooks, he's freaking huge these days. 244 might be a media guide stretch, but not by much. I think Alex will see more time as a LB in specific packages calling for more of a tweener back who drops into coverage than as an every down back, at least until HEbert has some time to get him bigger.

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on July 14, 2014, 08:40:14 pm
Media Guide says Ellis weighs 244lbs, we'll see come August.
I hope he hasn't lost a step.

muddhogger

I think brooks has what it takes to be a dominant SEC LB. He has the mental and physical tuffness and the dude was a beast as a true freshman and I think he played last year with a weight of around 220 or so.

Hogfly

Quote from: muddhogger on July 14, 2014, 10:23:20 pm
I think brooks has what it takes to be a dominant SEC LB. He has the mental and physical tuffness and the dude was a beast as a true freshman and I think he played last year with a weight of around 220 or so.

I agree completely. Best part about him is that he has a crazy work ethic and is extremely intelligent (he could have gone to an Ivy League school (Yale I believe) on a scholarship).

muddhogger

He's a big time football player with an even bigger heart

jkstock04

The LB play is going to have to improve tenfold for us to be able to compete. Last year was literally the worst I have ever seen...and I'm not singling out one guy, it was all of them. The D line can only be asked to do so much.

I'm hopeful that our new scheme via Robb Smith is really gonna change things for the better.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

whippersnapper

I worked with Alex's dad this last school year and he is a pretty big guy himself. Around 6'3 and big broad shoulders. So I think Alex will bulk up.

ricepig

acey33

Quote from: alohawg on July 14, 2014, 09:03:27 pm
Whoa, what's that got to do with anything, there's lots of good white b-ball players out there.....somewhere, right, dawg?

I was wondering the same thing...JQ Poodle may know since he or she brought it up and is it a white or black poodle...lol

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hogeration on July 14, 2014, 08:58:33 pm
Not that he didn't last year but if we are gonna have any chance defensively, Ellis is gonna have to step up big time.  I know he did as a true freshman but we will need him to take it up a level.  I have high hopes that by his junior or senior year, his name will be mentioned along with top midwest LBs, Bama LBs, and others.

As a rule, players generally get better every year...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.