Started by popcornhog, July 13, 2014, 10:09:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Albert Swinestein

Big Nasty 34

popcornhog

WPS

The_Iceman

The_Iceman

Charlotte would be good, but their inside game would struggle (not that they would really need it with that backcourt).

trphog

Washington would be tough. Charlotte's backcourt would be virtually unguardable. The Clippers may have the beat team overall though.

The_Iceman

Quote from: trphog on July 14, 2014, 01:28:43 pm
Washington would be tough. Charlotte's backcourt would be virtually unguardable. The Clippers may have the beat team overall though.

How did they decide which players the Clippers got and which ones the Lakers got?

woo.pig

ICEman

If Pro Football could only field teams consisting of players 'indigenous' to the environs of their namesake, then Dallas, Miami, Houston, Atlanta, New Orleans and possibly Chicago would more than likely be at the top year in year out.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

DCHawg

sickboy

I think Chicago has the most potential. But if Derrick Rose can't stay healthy and D. Wade can't keep pace... I think I'd take Charlotte.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

yraciv

Quote from: DCHawg on July 14, 2014, 03:49:18 pm
He was born in Portland.

True, but that is kind of humorous that is the first thing you see in the article.  He lived in Portland all of 2 years.  We all know where Ronnie considers home.  I assumed they were just going birth places for all, and than you see Marc Gasol on Memphis.  Also like how they somehow brokeup LA and ironically split up the Lopez twins.

Still cool read though.

yraciv

On those starting 5s, I'd take Charlotte because who needs a bench with that backcourt. If we go beyond the paper and depth becomes a factor. Obviously the larger areas such as LA and Chicago start to overwhelm you.  That Bulls list doesn't even list Iguodala, Beverley, Evan Turner, & others.  You combine the LA teams and no city can come close.

And I keep finding flaws in their system.  Steph Curry was born in Akron, but went to high school in Charlotte.  If we were playing by the same rules as Brewer, the Lebron/Curry combo would be deadly.

trphog

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 14, 2014, 01:35:49 pm
How did they decide which players the Clippers got and which ones the Lakers got?

Great question. I thought the Lopez boys were twins but they have them playing on different teams.

downsouthhawg72

Dallas has a very nice squad also. So does the LA Lakers.
DownSouthHawg

popcornhog

Quote from: yraciv on July 15, 2014, 12:40:37 am
True, but that is kind of humorous that is the first thing you see in the article.  He lived in Portland all of 2 years.  We all know where Ronnie considers home.  I assumed they were just going birth places for all, and than you see Marc Gasol on Memphis.  Also like how they somehow brokeup LA and ironically split up the Lopez twins.

Still cool read though.

Yeah, impossible to nail down some folks. I think they went with birth place and maybe put foreign players wherever they had ties.

Didn't Marc Gasaul play prep ball in Memphis? Not sure how they split Lakers/Clips.
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: yraciv on July 15, 2014, 01:07:34 am
On those starting 5s, I'd take Charlotte because who needs a bench with that backcourt. If we go beyond the paper and depth becomes a factor. Obviously the larger areas such as LA and Chicago start to overwhelm you.  That Bulls list doesn't even list Iguodala, Beverley, Evan Turner, & others.  You combine the LA teams and no city can come close.

And I keep finding flaws in their system.  Steph Curry was born in Akron, but went to high school in Charlotte.  If we were playing by the same rules as Brewer, the Lebron/Curry combo would be deadly.

Yeah, in second thought maybe they went with whatever nba city a player had the closest ties to. Obviously Arkansas wouldn't be relevant.
WPS

PurpleBullHog