Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Well, we know Nick Marshall's punishment

Started by ricepig, July 13, 2014, 08:37:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Gus isn't taking him to the SEC Media Days.

Bruce Feldman: #Auburn isn't bringing Nick Marshall to SEC Media Days after his marijuana citation..Would've been biggest name QB at SEC media days this wk

HogFanatic

Gus rules with an iron fist, by god.
Zero tolerance!

PonderinHog

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

ricepig

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on July 13, 2014, 08:42:22 pm
Just open your eyes ponder, plenty to see.....
If you were Gus, would YOU take him to SEC Media Days?

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

forrest city joe

Why are some Razorback fans so worried about Gus and how he runs his program ? Gus is a hell of a good football coach who wins a lot of games.in his first year at AU he beat Nick Saban and played for the national Championship. seems to me there is a lot of  jealousy. let it go people.

Jek Tono Porkins

My personal opinion is that our policy of keeping weed illegal yet keeping alcohol legal is absolutely retarded. But that aside, you would think that if you were an athlete the caliber of Nick Marshall, you would be capable of looking in the mirror and realizing that even though the current drug policy is retarded, you have a golden opportunity that nobody else gets and potentially squandering that opportunity for weed is more retarded. Is it really worth it? Is weed worth more than a multimillion dollar NFL contract? I don't understand these kids.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

King TUSKankahamun

Simple damage control, they don't want him questioned about it and know it will be forgotten by the first game. No punishment here
Self proclaimed dead King of Hogville

Ray Piggers

Quote from: ReddieHawg on July 13, 2014, 08:53:39 pm
My personal opinion is that our policy of keeping weed illegal yet keeping alcohol legal is absolutely retarded. But that aside, you would think that if you were an athlete the caliber of Nick Marshall, you would be capable of looking in the mirror and realizing that even though the current drug policy is retarded, you have a golden opportunity that nobody else gets and potentially squandering that opportunity for weed is more retarded. Is it really worth it? Is weed worth more than a multimillion dollar NFL contract? I don't understand these kids.

This.

+1
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

Hawg Life

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 13, 2014, 08:53:28 pm
Why are some Razorback fans so worried about Gus and how he runs his program ? Gus is a hell of a good football coach who wins a lot of games.in his first year at AU he beat Nick Saban and played for the national Championship. seems to me there is a lot of  jealousy. let it go people.

He's also the biggest hypocrite in the world.

ricepig

Quote from: King TUSKankahamun on July 13, 2014, 08:54:35 pm
Simple damage control, they don't want him questioned about it and know it will be forgotten by the first game. No punishment here

No, it's punishment, Gus is laying down the law.

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on July 13, 2014, 09:05:25 pm
No, it's punishment, Gus is laying down the law.
Now, try saying that with a straight face.

Al Boarland

If it were a Hog player we would be talking about how it's a privilege to represent the University of Arkansas and CBB did the right thing by not allowing said player to attend SEC Media Days.

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on July 13, 2014, 09:07:18 pm
Now, try saying that with a straight face.

That's the law, you get busted with weed, you miss next year's Media Days, I dare you to cross that line........

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hawg Life on July 13, 2014, 09:00:38 pm
He's also the biggest hypocrite in the world.
So what if he is ? he's not our coach so i don't care what he does him his program. a lot of the Gus bashing on here is nothing but  jealousy.

ChitownHawg

Joe, I like Gus, but he is the one who said there would be zero tolerance. He then kicked off a DB for the same crime. He reiterated the zero tolerance.

Well now the person is his starting QB. That smacks of hypocracy.

Now if he does nothing then I know Gus' word doesn't mean much.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

PorkSoda

Quote from: ChitownHawg on July 13, 2014, 09:23:01 pm
Joe, I like Gus, but he is the one who said there would be zero tolerance. He then kicked off a DB for the same crime. He reiterated the zero tolerance.

and if Marshall gets busted for weed again, another third stringer will get kicked off the team.  zero tolerance.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

cosmodrum

I hope the young man can pick up the pieces after this devastating blow.
Go away, batin'

lefty08

Good one joe. I will never be jealous of gus or auburn. I dont care if they win 3 in a row, just quit talkin like this guy is a saint
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

rusvegashog

Because they ARE jealous. Period. Haters gonna hate.

PorkRinds

If Gus thought it would get him more wins he'd personally roll Marshall's blunts for him.

PonderinHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 13, 2014, 09:36:52 pm
If Gus thought it would get him more wins he'd personally roll Marshall's blunts for him.
Post of the year, so far!

root_hawg

Let's see one was not arrested and the other one was for 2nd degree possession.  Little difference there.

lefty08

Quote from: root_hawg on July 13, 2014, 09:40:42 pm
Let's see one was not arrested and the other one was for 2nd degree possession.  Little difference there.

Little difference sure......1 smoked before the car ride, or during. I do hope he plays though so when we win we wont hear excuses
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

idochog

If saint Gus can look away on the scam newton deal, he is capable of anything
I love Jesus!

JansterZ71

When did Auburn implement a zero tolerance policy?  According to ESPN they get a slap on the wrist for the first failed drug test then miss 50% ok second then get the boot after the third.
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

forrest city joe

Quote from: ChitownHawg on July 13, 2014, 09:23:01 pm

But why should you or i care ? he is not our coach, so i don't care what he does. not talking about you. but this hate and  jealousy of Gus needs to end.he is the coach at Auburn.

j-mann

Gus Will do anything to win my Uncle is the bug man for ASU  and has told me several stories about his Odd behavior 

like only caring about the Offence    Calling most players   their number instead of name 
He would always hide in his coaches office   he has his name on his boxer shorts  and his name on towels   

calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

nextlevel

Quote from: JansterZ71 on July 13, 2014, 10:04:21 pm
When did Auburn implement a zero tolerance policy?  According to ESPN they get a slap on the wrist for the first failed drug test then miss 50% ok second then get the boot after the third.

When they wanted to use a first failed test to kick a player off the team, they told him they were under a zero tolerance policy.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

Steef

Quote from: lefty08 on July 13, 2014, 09:31:51 pm
Good one joe. I will never be jealous of gus or auburn. I dont care if they win 3 in a row, just quit talkin like this guy is a saint

I can't stand Gus. And I also don't much care for any Hog fan who  present Gus as a "saint". Or " good man". Etc.

But FCJ didn't do that. All he said was...Gus is a good coach. That much....is true.

Joe...

Its also true that a lot of Hog fans just dislike Gus. Me included. But it isn't jealousy. Frankly, I'm glad he's at a cesspool like Auburn. He fits right in.

Because he's also a conference for....and because he successfully recruits in our State... I always want to see him fail. But that's still not jealousy. Its just wanting what's best for my  Hogs.

RazorWhacker

[/b]

Don't tell me what to do.

I will hate on Gus if I feel like it. He had as much to do with our troubles in '06 as anybody did. In fact, he started the sheetz by being a part of the covert plan to take the HC job when it wasn't open. You guys go ahead and love on Gus all you want.  I won't tell you to hate on him and you don't tell me to love on him.

forrest city joe

Quote from: RazorWhacker on July 13, 2014, 11:05:42 pm
Don't tell me what to do.

I will hate on Gus if I feel like it. He had as much to do with our troubles in '06 as anybody did. In fact, he started the sheetz by being a part of the covert plan to take the HC job when it wasn't open. You guys go ahead and love on Gus all you want.  I won't tell you to hate on him and you don't tell me to love on him.
Do whatever you want, i don't care. but what Gus does with his program is his business. i don't care.

Hogman2

Marshall will be playing in their first SEC game against Arkansas!  Guaranteed!

SPAL

Did you know we play Auburn this year?

RazorWhacker

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 13, 2014, 11:12:40 pm
Do whatever you want, i don't care. but what Gus does with his program is his business. i don't care.

If you really don't care then don't go around telling people to let it go.

Let it go if YOU want.

I want to beat the snot out of his team and it will give me GREAT pleasure when we do.

RazorPiggie

I literally laugh out loud every time you post.

popcornhog

Quote from: ricepig on July 13, 2014, 09:11:13 pm
That's the law, you get busted with weed, you miss next year's Media Days, I dare you to cross that line........
Serious question because I don't know and I'm not finding anything on a quick google search.

Is this his first offense?
WPS

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 13, 2014, 09:16:26 pm
So what if he is ? he's not our coach so i don't care what he does him his program. a lot of the Gus bashing on here is nothing but  jealousy.
So to clarify, Gus bashing is bad but your constant Saban bashing is ok?
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

forrest city joe

forrest city joe

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on July 13, 2014, 11:45:49 pm
So to clarify, Gus bashing is bad but your constant Saban bashing is ok?
Gus is not the one beat the hell out of us 52 to 0, Saban is. so why be so pissed at Gus and not Saban? see we both can play that game.

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: Al Boarland on July 13, 2014, 09:10:19 pm
If it were a Hog player we would be talking about how it's a privilege to represent the University of Arkansas and CBB did the right thing by not allowing said player to attend SEC Media Days.
Funny thing is... Its not a Razorback in trouble. Actually I cannot recall any razorbacks on roster getting in trouble with the law this entire off season. And I think we all know that "IF" it was a hog player they would lose playing time... How else could you punish a football player?

PorkerOinker

Ha Ha Ha! FCJ telling someone else to let it go, WOW. FCJ you say why do we care what Gus does? Well I could care less, but I know the last few years you have cared more about what he has done than any Arkansas coach, the way you make him out to be a darn saint!
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: PorkSoda on July 13, 2014, 09:26:33 pm

and if Marshall gets busted for weed again, another third stringer will get kicked off the team.  zero tolerance.

Lol...yeah.  Old Nick may have half the team kicked off my mid-season....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: j-mann on July 13, 2014, 10:15:16 pm

Gus Will do anything to win my Uncle is the bug man for ASU  and has told me several stories about his Odd behavior 

like only caring about the Offence    Calling most players   their number instead of name 
He would always hide in his coaches office   he has his name on his boxer shorts  and his name on towels

I find it kind of odd...that the ASU... "Bug Man"....knows what is written on Gus's boxer shorts??

Heck, if the ..."Bug Man" has the secret scoop on this stuff....wonder what the ASU janitor knows??

Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

hoglady

I'm confused.
The Auburn DB Mincy that was arrested a few weeks ago for pot possession - I thought his situation had not been addressed by Malzahn yet.
Was he kicked off the team?

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Sivad

Quote from: King TUSKankahamun on July 13, 2014, 08:54:35 pm
Correct.
It's Protection not Punishment.

HogRedTilImDead

Quote from: j-mann on July 13, 2014, 10:15:16 pm

Just where in the heck is your Unc spraying for bugs at? They have a shampoo for that, no need for pesticides...
GO HOGS!!

SemperFi

What the OP does is point out the fact that despite the fact that Gus isn't taking Marshall to the SEC Media Days for obvious reasons, he hasn't publicly punished the multi-offender yet. Marshall, kicked off the UGA team along with two other freshmen for stealing is busted for marijuana, which is still illegal here in Georgia. This is not Marshall's first time doing something illegal while a high profile member of an elite football team in the SEC. May Gus reap what he sows as he was also there during Auburn's recent problems with synthetic marijuana as well (see Michael Dyer and company).
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan