Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pat Riley

Started by -Blu, July 13, 2014, 06:28:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

I like what he's doing with this Heat even though he lost Lebron.  It would have been so easy for him to let Bosh goto Houston and have the mentality of "He's not worth 118 million, we'll try to get someone in next year's free agent class."  But he knew if he let Bosh go they would be in full rebuild mode, and then they would be like a lot of these other teams in hoping to hit big in next year's free agency or get someone in the draft.  Instead, people will say he overpaid Bosh, but in actuality he probably saved the franchise from being bad for the foreseeable future.  And in the East your always one or 2 pieces away from being a contender.

So far their roster for next year is looking like.

Chalmers/Cole/Napier
Wade
Deng/Granger
McRoberts
Bosh

They got Deng for a steal IMO, he had been turning down 10 mil a year contracts with other teams, but took a 2 year/20 mil with Heat, with no Bosh that doesn't happen.  And McRoberts is going to be an upgrade over Rashard Lewis.  I'm pretty sure they'll bring back Birdman as well, if they can get a few more vets to to come in, they'll have a very competitive team in the east next year.

RazorPiggie

Still won't be able to compete with the Cavs, IMO.

Boston RedHogs

IMHO it's not worth tying up almost 1/3 of your salary cap with this guy with LBJ already gone and you now know that D-Wade is going to demand a max contract now that Bosh has received one. 

If and when that happens, the Heat are going to be in very deep with 2 players, which doesn't leave much room for effective role players. 

The Heat are going to be in a better cap situation than they would have been had LBJ returned, but the Heat didn't win it all last season when they had LBJ.

There's nothing wrong with a rebuild when done the right way, and it's not like Miami is an intense sports market like New York or Boston.....it's nothing but fair-weather/pink hat fans where 7/10 probably couldn't even name the starting 5 plus a 6th man.

Riley is one of the greatest, no question.  But I don't understand giving Bosh a max deal.

husker71

Next year is good year again for free agents    that is what surprises me about the Heat signings   Both Bosh and Wade turned down guaranteed money so they almost have to sign them or trade them or both