Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dee Wagner transferring to Angelo St

Started by TomBigBeeHog, July 13, 2014, 09:48:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

Quote from: Swinesong1 on August 05, 2014, 11:40:51 am
There were lots of people on this board who thought Qualls was a gamble.  I spent a lot of the summer preceding his freshman year trying to convince them otherwise.

I guess Qualls was now a highly touted recruit because he had 2 high major offers other than us, and I still haven't even confirmed those, I googled and haven't found confirmation on them yet.  But it really doesn't matter because according to his logic I.J. Ready was some sort of prized recruit as well because Nebraska and Miss State offered him.  Everybody that followed razorback recruiting knows there was big questions about the entire 2012 recruiting class, maybe other than Clarke, who was a top 10 JUCO player.  JaCorey Williams was the highest rated guy we had coming in, he probably was the only guy most of us were not very skeptical about. 

CDBHawg

Quote from: -Blu on August 05, 2014, 11:40:01 am
I wasn't even going to respond to you anymore, because you've lost every single one of your arguments, and you like to leave information out.  But, I'm on my lunch break, so I got some time.

If this was a courtroom and you had to prove without a reasonable doubt Ready is better than Wagner, you've failed to do that on several accounts.

My argument is we don't know who's better because we didn't get to see Wagner play in SEC games, with the same minutes given to Ready.  The verdict is still out on whether I.J. Ready is even an SEC caliber player, and the stats back that up.  Those are VERY VERY subpar numbers given the minutes he played. Miss State was short on players and had no choice but to play him, that's the only reason he got the minutes he did.  If Wagner was in the same situation, there's more evidence that he could have put up similar numbers, than evidence he would not.  And that evidence is the game he actually played significant minutes, he actually put up better numbers than Ready, and he was a freshman as well. 

And we also have evidence that if I.J. Ready was in Wagner's situation at Arkansas he wouldn't have played.  If you break down the numbers of all the guys that played significant minutes at the "PG" or "1" position for us last season, all their numbers on a per minute basis were better than I.J. Ready's, and they did so on a BETTER TEAM.  So, based on numbers if I.J. Ready was at Arkansas he would have been sitting on the bench.

You can try to twist and turn the argument any way you want, but I just presented you with stats and facts, you've provided none.  This case is closed..... *Bang* *Bang* Next case.

LOL

Who's playing D1? Who isn't?

Please answer.

CDBHawg

Quote from: -Blu on August 05, 2014, 11:48:11 am
I guess Qualls was now a highly touted recruit because he had 2 high major offers other than us, and I still haven't even confirmed those, I googled and haven't found confirmation on them yet.  But it really doesn't matter because according to his logic I.J. Ready was some sort of prized recruit as well because Nebraska and Miss State offered him.  Everybody that followed razorback recruiting knows there was big questions about the entire 2012 recruiting class, maybe other than Clarke, who was a top 10 JUCO player.  JaCorey Williams was the highest rated guy we had coming in, he probably was the only guy most of us were not very skeptical about.

Just because you added highly touted and prized doesn't mean that was implied. If that's what you get out of me saying they were not as much a gamble as Wagner, then I don't know what to say.  As you implied they were. 

-Blu

Quote from: CDBHawg on August 05, 2014, 12:48:16 pm
LOL

Who's playing D1? Who isn't?

Please answer.

Wagner transferred lower so he wouldn't have to sit out a year.  Dude is an honor student, I'm sure once he graduates he'll have better opportunities outside the court, why would he spend an extra year in college?  Do you really think if UCA or ASU or any lower D-1 they wouldn't take him in a heartbeat?  He could go to those schools and be the best player on the team. 

I see the problem here, either 1 or all of these things apply to you.

1.  You've never seen Wagner play, you just know he sat the bench, so in your mind that means he's a bad player, and can't play D-1 basketball.  That's great logic there without looking at any other information.

2.  Anything that has to do with facts, statistics, deductive reasoning, and just basic common sense you choose to ignore, if it doesn't support your agenda. 

3. You thought you would try to be cool and take a couple shots at a guy transferring, and you tried to use a 5 PPG player as your basis to try to say how bad he is.... that was a cool plan bruh, but it backfired in so many ways.

Anyways good debating with you man, I think my point has been proven, you gave me a good laugh at the desk here.  But, honestly I would have preferred you let somebody like Hawg Red speak for you or something, at least he made a little sense with his arguments, and had legitimate information to back it up, you just omitted information, ignored facts, and tried to hype up a 5 PPG player.

CDBHawg

Quote from: -Blu on August 05, 2014, 01:23:18 pm
Wagner transferred lower so he wouldn't have to sit out a year.  Dude is an honor student, I'm sure once he graduates he'll have better opportunities outside the court, why would he spend an extra year in college?  Do you really think if UCA or ASU or any lower D-1 they wouldn't take him in a heartbeat?  He could go to those schools and be the best player on the team. 

I see the problem here, either 1 or all of these things apply to you.

1.  You've never seen Wagner play, you just know he sat the bench, so in your mind that means he's a bad player, and can't play D-1 basketball.  That's great logic there without looking at any other information.

2.  Anything that has to do with facts, statistics, deductive reasoning, and just basic common sense you choose to ignore, if it doesn't support your agenda. 

3. You thought you would try to be cool and take a couple shots at a guy transferring, and you tried to use a 5 PPG player as your basis to try to say how bad he is.... that was a cool plan bruh, but it backfired in so many ways.

Anyways good debating with you man, I think my point has been proven, you gave me a good laugh at the desk here.  But, honestly I would have preferred you let somebody like Hawg Red speak for you or something, at least he made a little sense with his arguments, and had legitimate information to back it up, you just omitted information, ignored facts, and tried to hype up a 5 PPG player.

Sigh.....

Your the one that's been hyping. As well as omitting facts. I've omitted none.

There is no debate. You have the unwillingness, or refusal, to be objective concerning your favorite team. It's okay, tons of fans are that way. 

HawgAdvocate

August 05, 2014, 01:37:23 pm #55 Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 02:58:23 pm by HawgAdvocate
This thread serves as a good example of someone who can't make a point, without writing a novel, usually always ends up arguing with themselves over points that no one else cares about.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

-Blu

Quote from: CDBHawg on August 05, 2014, 01:35:04 pm
Sigh.....

Your the one that's been hyping. As well as omitting facts. I've omitted none.

There is no debate. You have the unwillingness, or refusal, to be objective concerning your favorite team. It's okay, tons of fans are that way.

Dude I broke it down for you. I presented the facts of each of our players that played in front of Wagner having better production per minute than I.J. Ready, I presented you with that facts when Wagner was giving the same amount of minutes as Ready he out produced him, and I just gave you the basic stats of I.J. Ready, which were subpar at best on a bad team.  If giving facts, giving stats, and embarrassing in the process is the "inability to be objective" then that's me.

You on the other hand provided 0 facts.  Only thing you provided was  I.J. Ready's offer list, which can't be confirmed or denied if they were committable offers or not. 

CDBHawg

Quote from: -Blu on August 05, 2014, 01:49:19 pm
Dude I broke it down for you. I presented the facts of each of our players that played in front of Wagner having better production per minute than I.J. Ready, I presented you with that facts when Wagner was giving the same amount of minutes as Ready he out produced him, and I just gave you the basic stats of I.J. Ready, which were subpar at best on a bad team.  If giving facts, giving stats, and embarrassing in the process is the "inability to be objective" then that's me.

You on the other hand provided 0 facts.  Only thing you provided was  I.J. Ready's offer list, which can't be confirmed or denied if they were committable offers or not.

Confirmed or denied....you serious?

And when did I say he'd of played over any of them in front of Wagner?

HA says it best.
Quote from: HawgAdvocate on August 05, 2014, 01:37:23 pm
This thread serves as a good example of someone who can't make a point, without writing a novel, usually always end up arguing with themselves over points that no one else cares about.