Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auburn QB Marshall cited for possession of marijuana.

Started by hooks85, July 11, 2014, 05:48:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LZH

Quote from: Porked Tongue on July 12, 2014, 07:36:21 pm
Bull crap.  Maybe a few, but not the majority. 

If in 2010 Auburn was coming off of back-to-back crummy seasons and Ryan Mallett was injured, you don't think everyone would be chirping about how we'd be just fine with TW?  C'mon man.

BPsTheMan

over a day later, still no Twitter activity - except LeBron James stuff - from some notable media Gus lovers 

especially the slash and burn guys from Sporting Life Arkansas, who slam Petrino and Bielema in a second...

...nothing.

Music City Hog

Quote from: RallyPuppy on July 12, 2014, 10:41:02 pm
over a day later, still no Twitter activity - except LeBron James stuff - from some notable media Gus lovers 

especially the slash and burn guys from Sporting Life Arkansas, who slam Petrino and Bielema in a second...

...nothing.

Probably because less than an ounce of weed is nothing.  It's like speeding.  Both are illegal but not a big deal.  Hell, it's a joke it isn't legal anyway.   

This is a non-issue.  I wish he would have had a few pounds.

31to6

Quote from: moses_007 on July 12, 2014, 10:52:09 am
Wow, Tennessee and Texas A&M must be thug-ville.
Tenner has a reputation to uphold. At 10 arrests, they are probably sandbagging a little bit just to keep the rest of the SEC from feeling like the competition is out of reach before the season even starts.

Hogarusa

Quote from: RallyPuppy on July 12, 2014, 10:41:02 pm

...nothing.

What exactly are you wanting to them to say?  Its not a story on a weekend in mid July
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

LZH

Quote from: 31to6 on July 12, 2014, 11:23:45 pm
Tenner has a reputation to uphold. At 10 arrests, they are probably sandbagging a little bit just to keep the rest of the SEC from feeling like the competition is out of reach before the season even starts.

That gave me a laugh......+1

greasy_corner

St Gus needs to inform him that his dad is not going to get Cam Newton money if this keeps happening.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: nextlevel on July 12, 2014, 08:02:58 am
This isn't a question of if a player was tested or not, a school's drug testing policy, etc.

This is Auburn's second player to face misdemeanor charges for Marijuana possession in less than a month.

That means they've slowed down a little................................Gussy Poo must be cracking down........................ ;)
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: moses_007 on July 12, 2014, 10:52:09 am
Wow, Tennessee and Texas A&M must be thug-ville.

Old Misses, LSU and old barn are having an off year.........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 12, 2014, 06:49:00 am
There's a certain well known ex Razorback who never failed a drug test. A couple of his teammates have told me that whenever his name appeared on the testing list the test would mysteriously be cancelled for various reasons. They also say he was a pot smoking fool.

His coach is no longer at Arkansas.

I will pay you 2.00 for the name.

rzrbackramsfan

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on July 12, 2014, 04:52:50 pm
Ok, you seem to know more about Aubbie than the Hogs........

Plus he likes them better........................Based on some of his postings I think he likes all our opponents better.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Sivad on July 12, 2014, 07:12:34 pm
No chance. St. Gus wants to try to rub it in.

Rub it in? I thought you had to smoke it...................................

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 13, 2014, 08:23:52 am
Rub it in? I thought you had to smoke it……………………………..

Nope...I read somewhere it now available in a Trans-Dermal Patch.

He can play now while "medicating".
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: tusksincolorado on July 13, 2014, 10:10:28 am
Nope...I read somewhere it now available in a Trans-Dermal Patch.

He can play now while "medicating".

Considering your username I yield to your expertise.......................

jbcarol

David Ching @ESPNChing  ·  3h

Asked about marijuana use by CFB players, Malzahn said "we have school rules and we have team rules, and we abide by them." Obviously not.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  50m
Gus Malzahn says little about Nick Marshall, but what he does will speak volumes. http://ow.ly/z9eEU

QuoteScarblog: Malzahn also has time to get his thoughts together in finding an additional combination of discipline and punishment for his senior quarterback. He has to balance Marshall's track record at Auburn before the citation as what Malzahn called "a model student, teammate and citizen" with the relatively minor nature of the offense with the major responsibility Marshall holds as a team leader playing for the Tigers on a second chance.

Suspending him for the opener against Arkansas would strike the right balance. It would send a strong message about learning from your mistakes and letting down your teammates, and senior defensive back Jonathon Mincy - who was arrested for misdemeanor pot possession two weeks earlier - should miss that game, too.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  13h

Dashcam video shows Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall's traffic stop, marijuana possession citation http://ow.ly/zcS2p

jbcarol

Joel A. Erickson @JoelAEricksonAU  ·  12h

Nick Marshall's fine has been paid, Auburn quarterback's case closed in marijuana citation http://s.al.com/wCvNnCZ

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: jbcarol on July 24, 2014, 07:26:27 pm
Joel A. Erickson @JoelAEricksonAU  ·  12h

Nick Marshall's fine has been paid, Auburn quarterback's case closed in marijuana citation http://s.al.com/wCvNnCZ

The Bagman lives........ 8)

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: jbcarol on July 16, 2014, 09:36:03 am
AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  13h

Dashcam video shows Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall's traffic stop, marijuana possession citation http://ow.ly/zcS2p

He was handcuffed but wasn't arrested? Isn't that the same thing?

Good thing he had smoked the Doobie to less than an ounce when he was pulled over.

He obviously hasn't had to take a drug test for this incident. Doesn't pot stay in your system for thirty days........? 8)

NoNC4Tubs

So Hypodrive will do the obligatory "Alabama dis so and so".

That isn't the issue here.

How will Gus deal with it?

Why wasn't/will he be tested ASAP?

JansterZ71

Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on July 25, 2014, 07:01:12 pm
So Hypodrive will do the obligatory "Alabama dis so and so".

That isn't the issue here.

How will Gus deal with it?

Why wasn't/will he be tested ASAP?

Stop being so obsessed with AU
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

HyperDrive

Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on July 25, 2014, 06:46:40 pm
The Bagman lives........ 8)

Must be the same one that helped Dareus pay a fine twice that amount a few years back at the Crapstone.  Dude gets around.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HyperDrive on July 26, 2014, 07:20:04 am
Must be the same one that helped Dareus pay a fine twice that amount a few years back at the Crapstone.  Dude gets around.

Good grief man. Why don't you try to spent as much time on your precious old barns message board as you do a Hog message board for a change. I know Hogville is much better than theirs but dang it can't be that bad over there........... 

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 26, 2014, 08:33:10 am
Good grief man. Why don't you try to spent as much time on your precious old barns message board as you do a Hog message board for a change. I know Hogville is much better than theirs but dang it can't be that bad over there...........

He doesn't get paid to be on their boards........ 8)

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: JansterZ71 on July 25, 2014, 07:36:31 pm
Stop being so obsessed with AU

No answers to the questions and this is all you have to say?

Suck it up......... 8)

HyperDrive

Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on July 26, 2014, 09:27:20 pm
No answers to the questions and this is all you have to say?

Suck it up......... 8)

Your questions are silly and don't warrant a response.  But to get you off the public library computer so someone with a future can do something useful with it, I will.

Gus will deal with it and has no obligation to tell you until he's ready to do so.  Why does it matter if he's tested or not? To satisfy some message board bammer nancy that revels in making up tall tales? Possession under AU's drug policy is considered a failed test already so in terms of punishment, it's immaterial.  In terms of it being any of your business, it isn't.

HyperDrive

Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on July 26, 2014, 09:26:54 pm
He doesn't get paid to be on their boards........ 8)

Maybe I am.  How would you know?

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: HyperDrive on July 27, 2014, 08:17:55 am
Your questions are silly and don't warrant a response.  But to get you off the public library computer so someone with a future can do something useful with it, I will.

Gus will deal with it and has no obligation to tell you until he's ready to do so.  Why does it matter if he's tested or not? To satisfy some message board bammer nancy that revels in making up tall tales? Possession under AU's drug policy is considered a failed test already so in terms of punishment, it's immaterial.  In terms of it being any of your business, it isn't.
if you don't like to see us discussing Barner drama, don't log on, your mother would appreciate it

PP

NoNC4Tubs

NoNC4Tubs

July 27, 2014, 10:23:39 am #183 Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 08:35:05 am by NoNC4Tubs
Quote from: HyperDrive on July 27, 2014, 08:19:31 am
Maybe I am.  How would you know?

hyperdrive at work........(NTYF Headquarters)

HyperDrive

HyperDrive

Per Gus's presser after practice today, Nick Marshall and Jonathan Mincy will not start vs Arkansas.  He hasn't decided on the length of their respective punishments.  My guess is if he's saying "won't start" Marshall will be out for a quarter to a half of the game.

jbcarol

Quote from: HyperDrive on August 01, 2014, 06:26:01 pm
Per Gus's presser after practice today, Nick Marshall and Jonathan Mincy will not start vs Arkansas.  He hasn't decided on the length of their respective punishments.  My guess is if he's saying "won't start" Marshall will be out for a quarter to a half of the game.

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  29m
Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall will not start against Arkansas http://s.al.com/e3U0tbM

Big Papa Satan

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: jbcarol on August 01, 2014, 06:27:09 pm
AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  29m
Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall will not start against Arkansas http://s.al.com/e3U0tbM
He'll be in on the second possession.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

jbcarol

Brandon Marcello @bmarcello  ·  8h
Gus Malzahn enters ninth season as college OC or head coach with a ninth different opening-day starter at quarterback.

870hogfan

I think I just saw Fred Talley just score on Auburn again...

HyperDrive

Quote from: 870hogfan on August 02, 2014, 04:46:56 pm
I think I just saw Fred Talley just score on Auburn again...

Too bad he doesn't play defense...and there's not 11 of him.

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  3h
Auburn practice observations: QBs Nick Marshall, Jeremy Johnson rotate with starters on Day 2 http://ow.ly/zSDaz

NoNC4Tubs

One play, that should teach 'em.

Gus really means business with his "zero-tolerance" statement......... 8)

HyperDrive

Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on August 03, 2014, 08:33:04 am
One play, that should teach 'em.

Gus really means business with his "zero-tolerance" statement......... 8)

Don't worry, buttercup...he'll be able to play the full game against you guys and improve on that 300 yes rushing we put on that fat defense.

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: HyperDrive on August 03, 2014, 08:50:35 am
Don't worry, buttercup...he'll be able to play the full game against you guys and improve on that 300 yes rushing we put on that fat defense.

Dodged the issue altogether. We' see how serious Gus is about his Zero Tolerance Policy.

Interesting that nick has yet to be tested, How long does Mary Jane stay in your system?

NTYF Mode of Operandi: Deflect, Defer or Deny........ 8)

HyperDrive

Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on August 03, 2014, 01:48:19 pm
Dodged the issue altogether. We' see how serious Gus is about his Zero Tolerance Policy.

Interesting that nick has yet to be tested, How long does Mary Jane stay in your system?

NTYF Mode of Operandi: Deflect, Defer or Deny........ 8)

Because it's not an issue in the first place.  If he suspends him for even 1 play, he's gone above and beyond university policy for a first time offense.  Gus never used the term "zero tolerance" or put out the idea that one screw up brings Thor's hammer.

Also, according to the same policy, a test isn't necessary.  Possession is considered a failed test already.  Try again.

NoNC4Tubs M.O.:  Make s*** up and repeat it until he believes it himself.

JansterZ71

I see you keep mentioning some mythical "No Tolerance" policy.  Can you please link to where Gus says he has one?  Because I have no idea what you are talking about.
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: JansterZ71 on August 03, 2014, 03:01:03 pm
I see you keep mentioning some mythical "No Tolerance" policy.  Can you please link to where Gus says he has one?  Because I have no idea what you are talking about.

Look within your own ranks.

Barners have been bragging about this policy because of all of the problem children that have been transferring in.

Get your spin stories straight....you guys suck at this.

So three of ya'll are assigned here now?  8)