Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auburn QB Marshall cited for possession of marijuana.

Started by hooks85, July 11, 2014, 05:48:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nextlevel

Quote from: Porked Tongue on July 12, 2014, 01:25:45 pm
While it is a slow time for sports media and many are on sabbatical, their collective quite is noted.

SEC Media days is just around the corner.

Let's see how many ask about Auburn's pot issues instead of trying to get CBB to drop sound bytes about issues he feels strongly about such as player safety in an effort to rile up the masses.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

Killean

http://www.wsfa.com/story/23163433/auburn-football-player-arrested-on-marijuana-charge

Player Dismissed...

http://collegespun.com/sec/auburn-sec/ex-auburn-te-ricky-parks-sarcastically-tweets-about-programs-zero-tolerance-rule-after-nick-marshall-citation

So, Malzahn will once again get to display  his "zero tolerance unless you contribute to the team on the field policy"  Much like when he dismissed Michael Dyer from Arkansas State AFTER the NCAA ruled he would have to sit out a year.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

jbcarol

July 12, 2014, 01:30:58 pm #102 Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 01:43:29 pm by jbcarol
The former Wilcox County star Nick Marshall was cited for marijuana possession less than an ounce on Friday in Taylor County.

He was not arrested.

QuoteAccording to Reynolds police chief Lonnie Holder, Marshall was pulled over at 12:45 p.m. on Friday on Georgia Highway 96 East. Holder said the stop occurred due to a "window tint" violation on a purple Dodge Charger that Marshall was driving.

"Upon approaching the vehicle, the officer detected an odor of marijuana," Holder said, noting Marshall was the only person in the vehicle. "At that time, a consent to search the vehicle was requested and granted."

Asked where the marijuana was located, Marshall informed the officer it was above his visor.

"At that time we located the marijuana, and we detained him for just a little while for his safety and ours," Holder said. "He was given two citations, one for window tint violation and another for possession of marijuana of less than an ounce."

Holder said the amount of marijuana on Marshall came out to "eight or nine grams."

A court date was set for 10 a.m. on Sept. 10, although Holder said Marshall will not have to appear if he pays the fines for the citations beforehand.

Marshall was chosen as one of Auburn's three players representative for the SEC's annual media days event, which begins next week. As the defending conference champions, the Tigers were set to kick off the event Monday.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

GuvHog

Quote from: nextlevel on July 12, 2014, 11:21:37 am
No, but state's rights will prevail.

Even though I'm a big states rights supporter, I'll have to disagree. The Constitution prohibits states from making laws that would be in violation of existing Federal law.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Killean

Quote from: GuvHog on July 12, 2014, 01:31:02 pm
Even though I'm a big states rights supporter, I'll have to disagree. The Constitution prohibits states from making laws that would be in violation of existing Federal law.

You're both slightly wrong tbh but for different reasons.

The state can say that marijuana is legal.  People can sell it and use it all day long without violating the state's law.  It's still illegal on the federal level though so the Feds can prosecute if they so choose.  Where the state's rights argument comes in is when a state or municipality decides that they can declare that the federal government can't enforce federal law.  This is of course guaranteed to fail because of the supremacy clause in the constitution.

Most people tend to forget that the Constitution is more than the 2nd amendment or the 1st amendment.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

OTTER

Quote from: Porked Tongue on July 11, 2014, 09:43:25 pm
They're going to have to have a "Felony or Misd." section in their program so you can tell these felons apart.
Their game programs will use mug shots of the team instead of pictures in uniforms so Aubbie fans won't be confused. The fans can more easily recognize their players in a more natural setting.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Killean on July 12, 2014, 01:44:41 pm
You're both slightly wrong tbh but for different reasons.

The state can say that marijuana is legal.  People can sell it and use it all day long without violating the state's law.  It's still illegal on the federal level though so the Feds can prosecute if they so choose.  Where the state's rights argument comes in is when a state or municipality decides that they can declare that the federal government can't enforce federal law.  This is of course guaranteed to fail because of the supremacy clause in the constitution.

Most people tend to forget that the Constitution is more than the 2nd amendment or the 1st amendment.

We had a war to answer this question, some jerk built Old Main with a taller tower on the North side just to rub it in and we still have to get schooled on it ?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Poker_hog on July 12, 2014, 10:11:15 am
I know this but the current president has no intention of enforcing that law.  I'm guessing u know this.
Hell, at this point I strongly suspect this president has no intention of enforcing ANY laws.

Killean

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on July 12, 2014, 02:08:31 pm
Hell, at this point I strongly suspect this president has no intention of enforcing ANY laws.

Never let facts get in the way of your argument :)

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: nextlevel on July 12, 2014, 10:30:01 am

Obviously this data is a little inaccurate as its a couple weeks old (which is a problem upon itself that it would need updated weekly), but interesting none the less.
We are going to have one on that list if he doesn't straighten his act up.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Country Stylz

Auburn fans on another board are saying they are glad they just play Arky in the first game in case Marshall is out. They say their backup should be able to handle us.

sowmonella

It's a Malzahn thang!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

BornaHog

Quote from: Hawg_Thai'd on July 12, 2014, 09:15:58 am
Not sure. I just think it should be equal on all parts-scholastically and athletically.

It is not equal!  My son went on a full academic ride and had to maintain a 3.25 GPA or he would lose his scholly, so rather than play baseball, he chose to focus on grades and keep his scholly.  This made Dad really happy in one way but really sad to see a 90MPH arm not ever be used for baseball again.    WPS    :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:   GHG
Born a HOG and will die a HOG, but that's not the only way to become a HOG

870hogfan

Quote from: Country Stylz on July 12, 2014, 02:28:01 pm
Auburn fans on another board are saying they are glad they just play Arky in the first game in case Marshall is out. They say their backup should be able to handle us.

This is why I hope we beat Auburn and crush their national title hope early.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 12, 2014, 06:49:00 am
There's a certain well known ex Razorback who never failed a drug test. A couple of his teammates have told me that whenever his name appeared on the testing list the test would mysteriously be cancelled for various reasons. They also say he was a pot smoking fool.

His coach is no longer at Arkansas.

That sounds like a great survey poll for Hogville!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: lefty08 on July 12, 2014, 08:34:35 am
And u know the difference.....

So there are different shades of gray in our legal System? Oh, the HORROR!

Porked Tongue

Music City Hog

Quote from: Country Stylz on July 12, 2014, 02:28:01 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AH9KQIasxHo

They aren't alone

Al Boarland

ricepig

Quote from: Al Boarland on July 12, 2014, 04:50:32 pm
That have a 6'5" 230 lb QB that would start for us today.

Ok, you seem to know more about Aubbie than the Hogs........

lefty08

Quote from: ricepig on July 12, 2014, 04:52:50 pm

There is a logical explanation to that......
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

tusksincolorado

WINNER, WINNER, Chicken Dinner!

Music City Hog

I'd say the vast majority of SEC fans know who Jeremy Johnson is. 

Al Boarland

If I didn't know about our team I wouldn't know he would start over BA. They are our first opponent. I'll get to the others after Aug. 30.

Killean

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 12, 2014, 04:57:54 pm
I'd say the vast majority of Auburn fans know who Jeremy Johnson is. 

Most won't know who he is until he's mentioned as the QB that filled in for Nick "Smokey" Marshall in Auburn's losing effort against Arkansas :)

ricepig

opineonswine

ricepig

Quote from: Al Boarland on July 12, 2014, 04:59:16 pm
If I didn't know about our team I wouldn't know he would start over BA. They are our first opponent. I'll get to the others after Aug. 30.

Thanks Gus, I can't wait to hear from you who all would start over our QB, surprise you have the time with your upcoming games.

ricepig

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 12, 2014, 04:57:54 pm
I'd say the vast majority of SEC fans know who Jeremy Johnson is. 

Only when he shows up on a future police blotter....An Auburn QB Tradition!

Music City Hog

Quote from: tusksincolorado on July 12, 2014, 05:15:57 pm
Only when he shows up on a future police blotter....An Auburn QB Tradition!

Decent odds that could happen.

Country Stylz

Al Boarland

ricepig

Quote from: Country Stylz on July 12, 2014, 06:10:56 pm
That really chaps my ***. I'm tired of us being a laughing stock around hea!

Well, what goes around comes around. I remember count up clocks on Ole Siss and Aubbie from their last SEC wins when they were sucking. Maybe getting it rubbed in our nose will make the players play a little harder and smarter.

hogcard1964

I just heard Marshall is out the first game.  Any truth to this?

BPsTheMan

Quote from: hogcard1964 on July 12, 2014, 06:57:37 pm

won't happen

Gus knows his harem will explain it all away for him in due time

Sivad

Quote from: hogcard1964 on July 12, 2014, 06:57:37 pm
No chance. St. Gus wants to try to rub it in.

LZH

Quote from: 870hogfan on July 12, 2014, 03:35:33 pm
This is why I hope we beat Auburn and crush their national title hope early.

Yeah but if the situation were flipped, we'd be saying the same thing.  It seems that Auburn's fans are quite hospitable from what I've heard....but their message board heroes are a bunch of @#$%'s.  I'd love to beat the hell out of them with or without their QB just to irritate their internet geniuses.

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on July 12, 2014, 07:13:57 pm
Yeah but if the situation were flipped, we'd be saying the same thing.  It seems that Auburn's fans are quite hospitable from what I've heard....but their message board heroes are a bunch of @#$%'s.  I'd love to beat the hell out of them with or without their QB just to irritate their internet geniuses.

Yeah, what you said! Anyway, everybody knows we have better internet geniuses.

Porked Tongue

Porked Tongue

Quote from: LZH on July 12, 2014, 07:13:57 pm
Yeah but if the situation were flipped, we'd be saying the same thing. 

Bull crap.  Maybe a few, but not the majority. 

Porked Tongue

July 12, 2014, 07:38:17 pm #147 Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 08:32:03 pm by Porked Tongue
Quote from: RallyPuppy on July 12, 2014, 07:07:18 pm

Gus knows his harem will explain it all away for him in due time

Rev Floyd has more power now and should be able to back his boy with a holier than thou excuse.  I mean he did get junior a job down there. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on July 12, 2014, 05:01:49 pm
I'd say not.
He's a mountain man, ain't he?  Well, that's what I get for not reading the whole thread.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 12, 2014, 06:49:00 am
There's a certain well known ex Razorback who never failed a drug test. A couple of his teammates have told me that whenever his name appeared on the testing list the test would mysteriously be cancelled for various reasons. They also say he was a pot smoking fool.

His coach is no longer at Arkansas.
N he was real fast! ;)