Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chris Bosh Re signs with the Heat 5 year $118 million dollars

Started by ThrillaHog, July 11, 2014, 05:17:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Starcs

I'd take Duncan's career over lebrons any day at this point.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 12, 2014, 09:47:11 pm

See below.

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on July 12, 2014, 09:46:30 pm
2nd only behind Lebron

In terms of success, you have to go with Duncan. Although, it has to be noted that he was drafted into a much, much, much more stable organization. In terms of everything else, it's obviously LeBron.

I have a feeling San Antonio confidently feels they have the best lottery pick in the last 20 years. Tim Duncan has a legit argument has the best #1 overall pick since Shaq, and might even be better. He's such a team guy, though, and San Antonio gets this rap as a "system team" that he doesn't get his fair due. That "system," by the way, is basically sharing the ball and playing defense as a team.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 12, 2014, 09:47:11 pm

At the same point in their careers, though, they were remarkably similar in terms of accolades and titles. 
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

onebadrubi

Quote from: root_hawg on July 12, 2014, 08:17:06 pm
Loved how Melo talked about winning championships and went back to NY for the $$$

Melo is a lazy thug that has talent.  He's one small notch above iverson.  He's not intelligent enough to construct a winning team philosophy or idea around him.  In the end he went where the money was, which is what he will always do

Hawg Red

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on July 12, 2014, 08:25:18 pm
I'll be surprised if they commit roughly $15 million/year in cap space to a good, but not great, player like Parsons (15.39 PER) each of the next three seasons. The 2015 NBA FA pool will offer better options.

You called it, HA. Rockets decline to match, will maintain cap flexibility going forward.

They scored big the last two offseasons with Harden and then Howard, but struck out big time this summer. Lose Parsons, Asik and Lin.

ThrillaHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on July 13, 2014, 10:03:34 am
Melo is a lazy thug that has talent.  He's one small notch above iverson.  He's not intelligent enough to construct a winning team philosophy or idea around him.  In the end he went where the money was, which is what he will always do

Just curious, what makes him a thug?

onebadrubi

Quote from: ThrillaHog on July 13, 2014, 05:20:41 pm
Just curious, what makes him a thug?

The guy doesn't work out, doesn't practice the areas he's weak in, doesn't play defense.  It's all about him, thug

-Blu

Quote from: onebadrubi on July 14, 2014, 07:19:27 pm
The guy doesn't work out, doesn't practice the areas he's weak in, doesn't play defense.  It's all about him, thug

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/thug

You must have got the Wikipedia version of thug, I didn't know because you didn't like to play defense that makes you a thug, I guess half the guys I play basketball with are thugs because when we play pickup games hardly anybody plays any good defense.

onebadrubi

Quote from: -Blu on July 14, 2014, 08:57:41 pm
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/thug

You must have got the Wikipedia version of thug, I didn't know because you didn't like to play defense that makes you a thug, I guess half the guys I play basketball with are thugs because when we play pickup games hardly anybody plays any good defense.

Unfortunately a very high percentage doesn't use that dictionary... More so this one...
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=thug

Hawg Red

When I hear or see the word "thug," I think Aaron Hernandez. Not Carmelo Anthony.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 15, 2014, 10:40:27 am
When I hear or see the word "thug," I think Aaron Hernandez. Not Carmelo Anthony.

Ok, well by the definition no carmello is not a thug.  I label the Hernandez type waste of breath and scum.  So by your comparison, I am wrong.  But you will never see carmello do some of the things James and Duncan have for the better of the team and people around them.  They view a big picture, work very hard to better themselves, and are among the best representatives of the league

Hawg Red

Quote from: onebadrubi on July 15, 2014, 01:55:34 pm
Ok, well by the definition no carmello is not a thug.  I label the Hernandez type waste of breath and scum.  So by your comparison, I am wrong.  But you will never see carmello do some of the things James and Duncan have for the better of the team and people around them.  They view a big picture, work very hard to better themselves, and are among the best representatives of the league

Could you maybe have just called him 'lazy' instead of lumping him in with dangerous criminals?

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 15, 2014, 02:02:14 pm
Could you maybe have just called him 'lazy' instead of lumping him in with dangerous criminals?

That's your definition of a thug, not mine.  By your definition I'm wrong, I didn't say that was the way I define it though.