Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PG has updated their post draft HS class rankings

Started by ucahogfan, July 11, 2014, 10:25:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

The Hogs come in at #2!  The bad thing is the #1 team is LSU.  I have said for a couple of years that this 2014 class is one that should put us over the top if they all make it to campus.  When factoring in JUCO players, we could potentially be bringing in the #1 class in the country.  We could also move up to #1 if Aiken takes the 5M from the Astros and they get Mac Marshall to sign for 1.5-2M.

Meanwhile, Vanderbilt fell from the #2 class to outside the top 10 after the draft.

Mr.Swine89

ucahogfan

July 11, 2014, 11:27:33 am #2 Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 11:39:21 am by ucahogfan
Quote from: Mr.Swine89 on July 11, 2014, 11:18:31 am
Could you post a link?
http://www.perfectgame.org/

Bottom of the page where it says college recruiting rankings.

ucahogfan

Luke Bonfield @LukeBonfield     ·   3h   

This is why I came to Arkansas to be apart of something special #WPS #weHogs

The Arkansas Logo ‏@Arkansas_Logo  · 4h 
Arkansas Baseball has the #2 recruiting class in the nation in Perfect Game's updated rankings. #WPS

Nathan Rodriguez
‏@nathanrod9   @Arkansas_Logo @Kyle_Pate @LukeBonfield @Kamckinney11 @Blake_Wiggins6 @Mark_Hammel I'm pissed we aren't #1

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Nathan's got the right attitude. Actually they all seem to have a little TUDE. These guys are coming here to make something happen and happen quick.

And, "the way to early 2015 season rankings" have us ranked where? Hmmmmm

Rocky Mountain Living

This is going to be a great class....perfect timing...this class and the new complex

Can't wait to watch them win a championship!

Go Omahogs!

dotnet

Flatline

I got to watch Bonfield and Pate play this weekend.  Very talented.  Bonfield is scary good.  The kid has an amazing swing, knocks the cover off the ball just about every time he hits it. 

He was burned in center field, we thought, but ran it down and made a beautiful over the head catch.  He acted like it was just another play. 

Pate is so fast on the bases.  He pitched very well but I think he is a guy that could play ever day.  It will be interesting to see how they use him. 

ucahogfan

Quote from: dotnet on July 12, 2014, 06:24:25 pm
The timing isn't by chance...
Not at all.  I think we will see the indoor facility truly starting to pay off with the 2016 class.  Has already been the deciding factor for at least one recruit in Jordan McFarland.

ucahogfan

Quote from: Flatline on July 13, 2014, 02:06:25 pm
The kid has an amazing swing, knocks the cover off the ball just about every time he hits it. 
That seems to be the consistent thing with Bonfield everywhere he has gone since he jumped onto the big scene last summer at the 2013 PG National.  He does an excellent job of consistently squaring up opposing pitching and making loud contact.

He was burned in center field, we thought, but ran it down and made a beautiful over the head catch.  He acted like it was just another play. 
I thought he profiled as a LF when he signed because he was labeled as an OK defender with an average at best arm, but DVH signed him after he had injured his throwing arm and he couldn't really throw.  Since then, he spent a year in Florida working on his game to where he is now at least average defensively if not above average and brings a strong throwing arm and profiles as a RF at Arkansas.  He hit 92 from the OF in a tryout with the Mets.

Pate is so fast on the bases.  He pitched very well but I think he is a guy that could play ever day.  It will be interesting to see how they use him. 
I think we recruited Pate to potentially play both ways at Arkansas, but with the group of hitters we have coming in and a distinct lack of LHPs, I think Pate will see quite a bit of action his freshman year on the mound.

Amityvillehogger

There is no doubt Pate can play both ways. Just if he is allowed to.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

SPAL

Thanks for the update, flatline. Much appreciated.

Flatline