Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nervous

Started by MH04, July 10, 2014, 07:46:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncommon

July 11, 2014, 09:58:25 am #50 Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 11:24:03 pm by Uncommon
a

Pork Twain

Quote from: Uncommon on July 11, 2014, 09:58:25 am
I can feel uneasy or nervous when it is brought up in discussion about SEC recruiting or when I look at Rivals and 24/7 team rankings.  Doesn't mean I'm nervous about it all day, every day.  If that did occur, I couldn't function in every day life which I definitely do.  But thanks for your concern and accusation that I don't have a life or I have a mental disorder.
Sorry to hear about your mental disorder.  They are far too often undiagnosed and untreated.  You were lucky to catch it this early.

When comparing this class to past Hog classes and when taking into account that we are still highly ranked with only 10 commits and that there are still two 4* guys within our boarders uncommitted, there seems to be little reason to worry at all at this point.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Uncommon

Quote from: Pork Twain on July 11, 2014, 10:10:49 am
Sorry to hear about your mental disorder.  They are far too often undiagnosed and untreated.  You were lucky to catch it this early.
Wow.  You either suck at reading comprehension or you're just an a!!hole.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Uncommon on July 11, 2014, 10:14:57 am
Wow.  You either suck at reading comprehension or you're just an a!!hole.
It's called obvious humor and making light of a previous remark, but not everyone gets it.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

TNRazorbacker

Only reason to worry is if you are betting on a significantly better class than we typically get.  People that get worked up over our not dragging top 10 classes might as well be crying over not winning the lottery. We just aren't set up for that due to multiple factors most of which aren't controllable.

The best thing we can do to affect our recruiting positively in the long term is establish stability and consistency. This will require time and patience. We aren't going to "athlete" ourselves out of this hole overnight.

That being said I see us in the 20 - 25 range this year which is very solid nationally and a bit better than average for us actually. If we can string solid classes of this caliber together over time with good coaching and development we will be competitive.

Music City Hog

Quote from: RazorPiggie on July 11, 2014, 07:31:20 am
The current staff is better in the recruiting department than the previous.

Agreed

ricepig

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 11, 2014, 02:23:34 pm
Agreed

Now, if we can pair up the wins with this staff, then I think we could be on to something, jury's still out, though.

Paul

I'm impressed by the character & grades of the recruits we're recruiting & getting committments from.  I trust this staff to go after good kids who won't screw up or flunk out but who will stay & develop over 3-4 yrs.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: Uncommon on July 11, 2014, 09:58:25 am
I can feel uneasy or nervous when it is brought up in discussion about SEC recruiting or when I look at Rivals and 24/7 team rankings.  Doesn't mean I'm nervous about it all day, every day.  If that did occur, I couldn't function in every day life which I definitely do.  But thanks for your concern and accusation that I don't have a life or I have a mental disorder.

You were the one who posted, on a public message board, that you were worried about where 17 and 18 year old young men were going to go to college to play football.  That's all I need to know. 

Uncommon

July 11, 2014, 10:11:46 pm #59 Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 11:22:32 pm by Uncommon
After thinking about it, I agree with Choctaw Hog and Pork Twain.  There is nothing to be nervous about considering our current ranking after the poor season we had last year.  I admit I was wrong and if you want to smite me go ahead.  I deserve it.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: Uncommon on July 11, 2014, 10:11:46 pm
I sometimes get nervous about our ability as a program to sign top prospects that result in top classes.  I don't get worried about where the prospects themselves go.  That's up to them.

I really don't get why I'm getting chastised for how I feel.

I just view recruiting as a 1/3 of the battle in program development.  The other 2/3 is on and off the field development and execution of the game plan every week.  So, when we're not ranked as highly as some of the other SEC teams we're competing with, it makes me a little nervous.

I know the staff is working hard and am just hoping for the best.  I'm pleased with the results thus far.

I'm not chastising you because you are obviously a loyal and dedicated fan.  I just made the comment that people who worry about recruiting, game outcomes, college or pro, really don't have any worries at all. It's just a game and in the total scheme of things it matters not. 

If you are headed into harms way in a war, that's something to worry about.  If you or your children get cancer, that's something to worry about.  Lose your job and can't find another, that's something to worry about.  I could go on and on but I'm sure you get the point.

Be a passionate fan, keep up with the Hogs, cheer loudly during games but don't worry about recruiting or the outcomes of games.  Enjoy the competition between the teams, enjoy the appreciate all hard work the coaches and players put in, and enjoy the process.  At the end of the day it's just a game and matters not when compared to issues that are actually important.

Uncommon

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on July 11, 2014, 11:18:55 pm
I'm not chastising you because you are obviously a loyal and dedicated fan.  I just made the comment that people who worry about recruiting, game outcomes, college or pro, really don't have any worries at all. It's just a game and in the total scheme of things it matters not. 

If you are headed into harms way in a war, that's something to worry about.  If you or your children get cancer, that's something to worry about.  Lose your job and can't find another, that's something to worry about.  I could go on and on but I'm sure you get the point.

Be a passionate fan, keep up with the Hogs, cheer loudly during games but don't worry about recruiting or the outcomes of games.  Enjoy the competition between the teams, enjoy the appreciate all hard work the coaches and players put in, and enjoy the process.  At the end of the day it's just a game and matters not when compared to issues that are actually important.
See above post.

I agree.  However, I think you're blowing my definition of worry or nervousness out of proportion.  Of course, it's a game and there are more things to worry about or use my time with.  I was just talking about when I go on 24/7 and see that we don't have a good chance of getting a guy or one of our divisional foes gets a big time player that I say, "Hamburgers! or Crud!".  I don't get nervous or worried to the point that I can't function or go on with my day.  That would be a real crappy life to have.

ComeonHogs!!!

Quote from: Richard_white on July 10, 2014, 10:27:52 pm

But it doesn't matter if we were short by one or two.  We held two spots for Solomon Thomas and DJack.  Unfortunately we didn't sign them.

To me this is not a bad thing. having 1 or 2 rides left to hand out to walk on's is a great carrot. It can bring in kids that did not go to big schools or had been injured. it means you can evaluate these kids in camp. if a kid proves he can help the team you reward them in front of the whole state. to me this is better than handing out those last couple of rides on kids you HOPE are what they seem.
State Pride!!!

ImHogginIt

Another 10-15 commits like the 10 we already have and our class will be as good as anyone else regardless what the recruiting sites rankings say  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

lumphog

Quote from: Uncommon on July 11, 2014, 10:11:46 pm
After thinking about it, I agree with Choctaw Hog and Pork Twain.  There is nothing to be nervous about considering our current ranking after the poor season we had last year.  I admit I was wrong and if you want to smite me go ahead.  I deserve it.
+1 Hang in there brother.....Things aren't near as bad as most "THINK" How many people on Hogville are usually RIGHT ? Think about THAT!!! We're alot farther along than I expected & this staff is doing a helluva job. They're being selective & taking the commits they need

Uncommon

Quote from: lumphog on July 12, 2014, 01:10:54 pm
+1 Hang in there brother.....Things aren't near as bad as most "THINK" How many people on Hogville are usually RIGHT ? Think about THAT!!! We're alot farther along than I expected & this staff is doing a helluva job. They're being selective & taking the commits they need
Thanks brother.  +1 to you too.