Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sunderland update

Started by The Recruiting Guy, July 10, 2014, 02:14:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ARtillahog

Quote from: Wildhog on July 11, 2014, 01:45:35 pm
AND I LIKE JENNINGS.

You guys have got to stop being so damn defensive about everything.

NEVER!

ZERO

Quote from: Wildhog on July 11, 2014, 01:45:35 pm
AND I LIKE JENNINGS.

You guys have got to stop being so damn defensive about everything.

While one of the great things about Hogville is the fact that so many diverse fans can associate, the worst thing about it by far is that it contains so many people who don't seem to know how people interact on the Internet. Some of the stupid things I've seen people get lambasted for - including painfully obvious jokes because they didn't contain a sarcasm tag... I've honestly never seen it so bad anywhere else. Better to just drop this "discussion" and move on.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Wildhog

Just realized Pork Twain is Beo.

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Pork Twain

Quote from: Wildhog on July 11, 2014, 09:21:42 am
True, thank god for Sam Pittman.  If not for him, we're in trouble.

Quote from: Wildhog on July 11, 2014, 10:06:13 am
I would have added Partridge and Taver, but they gone.

Thank God they were here for a minute.
Sorry to be part of derailing the thread, but from the beginning you have played the passive aggressive role here taking shots at our coaches.  Thank god for Pittman and the two coaches that left because without them, we just can't recruit.  Well other than the fact that this class is starting out to be the best one to date. 

Not being defensive about anything but step back and look at how your string of posts in this thread "appear".

Come on...  I left my real info under the picture
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Wildhog

Quote from: Pork Twain on July 11, 2014, 05:19:02 pm
Sorry to be part of derailing the thread, but from the beginning you have played the passive aggressive role here taking shots at our coaches.  Thank god for Pittman and the two coaches that left because without them, we just can't recruit.  Well other than the fact that this class is starting out to be the best one to date. 

Not being defensive about anything but step back and look at how your string of posts in this thread "appear".

Come on...  I left my real info under the picture

I just now looked at it.  I'm actually a fan of you. 

How's life, mane?
1909/1964/1965/1977

Pork Twain

Quote from: Wildhog on July 11, 2014, 07:39:07 pm
I just now looked at it.  I'm actually a fan of you. 

How's life, mane?
Doing good and getting settled into Virginia.  Charlottesville reminds me a lot of Fayetteville.  How you doing
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

ThatGUY

going to be hard to beat OU out for this one..... nearly $400 million is facility upgrades and always a title contender.

Tradition
Facilities
Coaching

If recruits look at the track record of UA coaching history they cant be comfortable knowing that the coach they sign with now will be here through their career let alone on signing day.

if CBB goes 3-9 again is he safe? are his assistants?

870hogfan

Quote from: ThatGUY on July 12, 2014, 11:58:26 am
going to be hard to beat OU out for this one..... nearly $400 million is facility upgrades and always a title contender.

Tradition
Facilities
Coaching

If recruits look at the track record of UA coaching history they cant be comfortable knowing that the coach they sign with now will be here through their career let alone on signing day.

Great another Oklahoma troll...

ARtillahog

Tradition
Facilities
Coaching

Yes.

Vantage 8 dude

Tradition
Facilities
Coaching

Needn't worry about CBB and crew. They're not going anywhere even should they go 3-9 again (which they won't). BTW don't crow about facilities until you've had a chance to check out the Hill's "digs". As far as the coaching is concerned I wouldn't count too much on any perceived advantage ole lil Bobby might have. Had he not managed to finally pull a rabbit out of the hat against 'Bama he would have been feeling some MAJOR heat after the miserable disappointments year after year in bowls during his tenure. Tradition-depends on who you ask. I dare say that "Boomer Sooner" is no better known around most of the country than "Woo, Pig Sooie".

Oklahawg

Tradition
Facilities
Coaching

Clearly uninformed. UA's OL coach is as good as it gets. He'll have a job at UA as long as he wants. He's the guy that turned down ALABAMA to stay at UA.

OU has fine facilities; so does UA. If you read what recruits say there is no marketable difference in the perception of the facilities.

Tradition is nice. It tends to be more important to alums than recruits. That said, OU has had more recent success and that is undeniable.

Troll away.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Wildhog

If we go 3-9 again, I'm going to want to burn down the campus.  In no universe would that be acceptable. Again.
1909/1964/1965/1977

moto625

6 Wins should make everyone happy after going 0-8 in the SEC. ::hornsdown::
Would love to have Sunderland Call the Hogs :razorback:

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Wildhog on July 12, 2014, 03:00:25 pm
If we go 3-9 again, I'm going to want to burn down the campus.  In no universe would that be acceptable. Again.
You need counseling...
All Gas, No Brakes!

ZERO

Quote from: Wildhog on July 12, 2014, 03:00:25 pm

I laughed pretty hard at this.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

HOGINTENNESSEE

Tradition
Facilities
Coaching

Please, let's not act like we have never beaten OU for a recruit.

opineonswine

Tradition
Facilities
Coaching

Oh Good Lord....not another one of these guys. 

lefty08

Quote from: Wildhog on July 11, 2014, 01:09:06 pm
In no universe could you make a legitimate case for Segrest over Partridge.  Partridge is a monster recruiter, and Segrest is a relative unknown.  I'm all for giving Segrest a chance, as he deserves it.  But to say he's an upgrade at this point is just dishonest.

He was unknown to you........there is a difference
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

ARtillahog

Country Stylz

Quote from: onebadrubi on July 11, 2014, 09:20:38 am
Introduce him to Henry, skipper, Kirkland, Collins, and Ellis.  Ohio st or any other school on his list can introduce him to freshman that played as much and as well as that group. 
Lets these guys explain how they earned a starting spot.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Tradition
Facilities
Coaching

Can we lock the border down over there please? Tired of these sooners crossing over into our land

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jackflash on July 11, 2014, 08:44:59 am

I don't think you can promise playing time. If you do so and he doesn't play. He going to think you lie to him just to get him to come here. Not something I think we would want to start.

Exactly.  This kind of thing (being dishonest) will get you a bad rep with future players & high school coaches.  It will cut off recruiting ties to areas for years, or permanently. If a recruit talks to team members on visits, (which they will) & hears current players saying they were promised the same thing & it didn't happen....it will backfire.  Telling a high profile recruit that they are going to get an opportunity to play immediately....if they show they can....is the best route in the long run.  Parents almost always trust & like coaches they believe are being honest will them.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

ZERO

Quote from: opineonswine on July 12, 2014, 05:04:35 pm
Oh Good Lord....not another one of these guys.

He does kind of have a point. The thing we need most of all right now to help out our recruiting woes is some coaching stability and slow improvement. I fully think BB is the man for the job, and I think he'll improve every year for the first four or five.

This is just a really tough time to be in the SEC - not that there was ever a super ideal time. All of the SEC West schools except for Mississippi State have coaches who have proven themselves to be high quality at some point or another. About half the East schools are in the same position. Our coach has proven himself to be too good elsewhere for me to be a doubter, we're just going to have to wait until he makes what he's trying to make. The good news is he's a young coach and he should outlast a lot of the other guys in the SEC.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on July 13, 2014, 08:54:43 am
Can we lock the border down over there please? Tired of these sooners crossing over into our land
Actually I'd settle for the present for just locking down this site from clowns bearing the "crimson and cream" or whatever god awful combination those idiots just to the west of us what to call their colors. OU my rear!!!

870hogfan