Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kendrick Jackson commits to Arizona

Started by ricepig, July 09, 2014, 08:02:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

247 had it 60/40 us, but it was only 5 picks and the last 2 were to Arizona. He was a 3* LB from Louisiana.

http://247sports.com/Player/Kendrick-Jackson-36103

ADavisTheGOAT

That's kind of a shock. He either lost interest or we backed off.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

onebadrubi

That's weird that a enroll able good LB from Louisana escapes the SEC, state of Texas, or Oklohoma.  I'm not one to usually say this, but seems to be more than meets the eye here.

hoglady

Maybe he liked the staff at Arizona, liked the city and liked the school.
It's not like Arizona is a nobody.
They are in the PAC / Rodriguez is doing a good job at Arizona after the debacle at Michigan.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

daBoar

The University of Arizona is simply a beautiful place.  Tucsan is a nice city; the weather is wonderful and a couple degrees shy of Phoenix'.  I wish he found Fayetteville equally interesting.

Music City Hog

ImHogginIt

Quote from: onebadrubi on July 09, 2014, 08:25:57 pm
That's weird that a enroll able good LB from Louisana escapes the SEC, state of Texas, or Oklohoma.  I'm not one to usually say this, but seems to be more than meets the eye here.

He only had two BCS conference offers. Ark and AZ. Perhaps ours was not a commitable offer.

Paul

Quote from: daBoar on July 09, 2014, 08:45:42 pm
The University of Arizona is simply a beautiful place.  Tucsan is a nice city; the weather is wonderful and a couple degrees shy of Phoenix'.  I wish he found Fayetteville equally interesting.
Some beautiful women in Tucson

Ball Hawk

This kid is a stud. Doesn't help he goes to a tiny school. If he went to Evangel, WM, or Ouachita, he would have a lot more offers and been able to get his name out.
Quote from: secfan30 on February 16, 2015, 11:01:56 pm

They are a perfect example of what happens with 10-12 generations of inbreeding.

redeye

Chase Johnston committed to KSU, so that takes 2 ILB prospects off the board.  Johnston didn't have an offer, though.

NLRHog92

Quote from: redeye on July 09, 2014, 11:35:48 pm
Chase Johnston committed to KSU, so that takes 2 ILB prospects off the board.  Johnston didn't have an offer, though.
Womp, womp :/

Hou-Hog

Quote from: daBoar on July 09, 2014, 08:45:42 pm
I have been there and I would not give the same glowing review and a couple degrees shy of Phoenix is still hot as sh*t (even if it is dry heat).

Hogberry Snortcake

yraciv

Quote from: ImHogginIt on July 09, 2014, 09:08:40 pm
He only had two BCS conference offers. Ark and AZ. Perhaps ours was not a commitable offer.

Oh you know it wasn't! If we offer a kid and he goes elsewhere, it's ALWAYS because we backed off!

Wildhog

Well, at least we're loaded at the LB position.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Temprees

If certain things happen, we can still get this kid to be a Hog. All is not lost.

PygmalionEffect

So far I don't get the same warm and fuzzy feeling about our LB recruiting under Shannon as I do our offensive line recruiting under Pittman.

One or two of those 3 star guys from Florida or Louisiana busting through as an underrated recruit would change my tune.

None committed so far this year and we're not just eat up with big name LB prospects on the verge of committing either as I understand it.

Shannon has playing time to sell but no one's buying his sales pitch for some reason.
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

The Recruiting Guy

PygmalionEffect

Quote from: Richard Davenport on July 10, 2014, 10:21:01 pm
Don't give up.

If I was going to give up, I would have done it long before now.

Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.