Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC's Top 25 Players: No. 7 Arkansas DE Trey Flowers

Started by jbcarol, July 09, 2014, 04:28:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway @gatorhoops  ·  Jul 8

SEC's Top 25 Players: No. 7 Arkansas DE Trey Flowers - http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20140708/articles/140709753 ... - via @Gator_sports

QuoteWhy he's No. 7: Flowers is one of those players who just seems to get better with every season. And when he decided to return for his senior season and pass on the NFL draft, it was a big boost for Arkansas.

Flowers is one of the best speed rushers in the league and would be a much better-known commodity if Arkansas hadn't gone through back-to-back poor seasons.

He played as a freshman in 2011 and was good enough to be named to the league's All-Freshman team. As a sophomore, Flowers blossomed into a pass-rushing beast terrorizing opposing quarterbacks.

Pat Dooley is a Gainesville Columnist
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hogwild

Quote from: jbcarol on July 09, 2014, 04:28:28 pm
Kevin Brockway @gatorhoops  ·  Jul 8

SEC's Top 25 Players: No. 7 Arkansas DE Trey Flowers - http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20140708/articles/140709753 ... - via @Gator_sports

Pat Dooley is a Gainesville Columnist

Look at #6 WTH?
"Ole Miss wide receiver Laquon Treadwell was named the SEC Freshman of the Year after amassing 72 catches for 608 yards and five touchdowns to lead the Rebels last season."  Looks like Collins will be in the top 5

jbcarol

Arkansas defensive end Trey Flowers, a Huntsville, Alabama native, stood behind his coach after discussing both sides of the hurry-up, no-huddle argument at SEC Media Days.

Quote"That's not really for me to dictate because football is football. There's going to be injuries here and there, but that could be an argument. I think that's coach Bielema's argument and I'm playing for coach Bielema, so I'm going to stand behind him," Flowers said, eliciting chuckles from reporters."

Brandon Marcello @bmarcello  ·  25m
One Arkansas player [Turner] doesn't necessarily believe hurry-up offenses lead to more injuries http://ow.ly/zhtuG
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Uncommon

I wish they wouldn't ask pace of play questions to players.  They don't think or care about it.  They just play.  Only coaches should be asked those questions.

chitwnhog

Quote from: Hogwild on July 09, 2014, 04:33:04 pm
Look at #6 WTH?
"Ole Miss wide receiver Laquon Treadwell was named the SEC Freshman of the Year after amassing 72 catches for 608 yards and five touchdowns to lead the Rebels last season."  Looks like Collins will be in the top 5

Collins was the AP SEC Freshman of the Year. Treadwell was the Coaches SEC Freshman of the Year.

ss1000

Flowers could have a really good year but he may see a double team much of the time.
Its not much of a crime to whack a surly bartender.

I hope your wrong, yes sir captain, me too, but I aint.

cosmodrum

Quote from: ss1000 on July 17, 2014, 02:11:33 pm
Flowers could have a really good year but he may see a double team much of the time.

Then hello Philon and Hodge.
Go away, batin'

HogInFlorida

Quote from: ss1000 on July 17, 2014, 02:11:33 pm

Then Philon and Wise will eat QBs alive
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

How did a kid that hasn't even played a down of SEC football yet get on this list? What a joke.....
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

jbcarol

Ron Higgins @RonHigg  ·  Jul 5
Let's all slow our roll on incoming LSU freshman running back Leonard Fournette  http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2014/07/post_112.html ...