Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bits from The Opening

Started by The Recruiting Guy, July 09, 2014, 12:36:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RyeHogFan

muddhogger

Oh, you know it jerry! You can stuff your NM's in a sack mister!

Music City Hog

@jeremycrabtree: TE Will Gragg is having a heck of a first game. He and Kyler Murray have really built a good bond. #TheOpening

gibby

Is the Phillips kid just not SEC-sized?  Seems he's freakishly athletic.

tophawg19

i'm thinking you take Tyler as a gunner if nothing else . but i believe he can play at a high level , he just needs coaching
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ricepig

Quote from: tophawg19 on July 09, 2014, 03:34:46 pm
i'm thinking you take Tyler as a gunner if nothing else . but i believe he can play at a high level , he just needs coaching

Bolding can't coach?

tophawg19

is he coaching at a college level ? is he the position coach? There is a reason a kid with this ability isn't receiving offers . At least from UCA , ASU ETC. He still needs further work and development
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: tophawg19 on July 09, 2014, 03:34:46 pm

Im thinking there is a reason the kid doesn't have a single FBS offer and the only thing we should be considering taking him as is a walk-on at this point

ricepig

Quote from: tophawg19 on July 09, 2014, 03:53:42 pm
is he coaching at a college level ? is he the position coach? There is a reason a kid with this ability isn't receiving offers . At least from UCA , ASU ETC. He still needs further work and development

You do know there is more to running and jumping to football? They stress the SPARQ at NLR, I don't know how good a football player he is.

Huds_HawgTide

he hasnt always played his natural position due to growing and or team needs...i think he will grow into an OLB, or maybe a tall safety...he is still learning cause he has played a different position almost every yr...i think if we miss on some kids we offer late or if we hit a cpl home runs on defense and have a spot open we take a chance and redshirt him
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

ThrillaHog

K.J. Hill just ran a 4.7 40 time in his first attempt!

Richard is KJ injured that you know of? He was holding his leg and visibly limping. I know he can do much better than a 4.7...

ThrillaHog

Will Gragg just gave a shout out to Arkansas!

ImHogginIt

Quote from: tophawg19 on July 09, 2014, 03:53:42 pm

So if Tenpenny, Day and Hill had better coaching at NLR they would have received better offers too right ?  :-*

azhog10

Quote from: ThrillaHog on July 09, 2014, 06:25:54 pm

Richard is KJ injured that you know of? He was holding his leg and visibly limping. I know he can do much better than a 4.7...
You must be watching the replay. These were ran yesterday.

MP24

#1 K. J. Hill makes a leaping grab at The Opening Top 10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRlEl5jplDg

January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

Piggfoot

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Hoggy

Quote from: gibby on July 09, 2014, 03:21:26 pm
Is the Phillips kid just not SEC-sized?  Seems he's freakishly athletic.
Freakishly athletic?  He ran a 4.8 and a 4.63 at 200 pounds.  He just doesnt look the part to me. 

Hoggy

Quote from: ThrillaHog on July 09, 2014, 06:25:54 pm

He is quicker than fast

Hoggy

Why does Phillips play LB for NLR?  He seems to also be quicker than fast which is great for a DB.  He doesnt look like he has the frame to play SEC LB. 

MP24

Phillips, 6-2, 208, 4.63 seconds in the 40 yard dash, recorded a SPARQ rating of 143.00 after being electronically timed at 4.63 seconds in the 40 yard dash, 3.97 in the shuttle and having a 42.3 vertical and a 43 foot power toss.

He received an offer from Campbell University in North Carolina and Ouachita Baptist. He's receiving strong interest from Air Force and California.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/jul/10/phililps-gets-sparq-recruiting-opening/
January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

Huds_HawgTide

I think his recruitment is bout blow wide open....not sure on power conference teams but LA Tech A state north Texas teams like that should start pouring out the offers
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

NLRHog92

Quote from: Hoggy on July 10, 2014, 11:20:19 am
Why does Phillips play LB for NLR?  He seems to also be quicker than fast which is great for a DB.  He doesnt look like he has the frame to play SEC LB.

That was last year. Just got moved to Safety. Don't think he's fast enough for S, but we'll see. And I see your point about the frame for LB. Nevertheless, he could develop and be a solid OLB.

DoggtownHog

Phillip's should jump on that Air Force offer. I believe I read that his parents are military officers too.
How stupid a man is depends on where he's standing.

Hoggy

Quote from: NLRHog92 on July 10, 2014, 12:07:40 pm

That was last year. Just got moved to Safety. Don't think he's fast enough for S, but we'll see. And I see your point about the frame for LB. Nevertheless, he could develop and be a solid OLB.
Yea somehow with the 42 inch vertical and 4.0 shuttle he doesnt look fast.  Got to think he is just out tecniqueing those events.  No clue if thats a word