Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN projects 4.9 wins

Started by hoggusamoungus, July 09, 2014, 11:00:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hoggusamoungus

July 09, 2014, 11:00:09 am Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 07:32:03 pm by hoggusamoungus
against the toughest schedule in the SEC, fourth toughest nationally.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/85014/espn-projections-favor-alabama-to-win-sec

LZH

I think you've got the wrong link.  It's something about a Texas League ball player.

Add:   Ah, good eye.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: LZH on July 09, 2014, 11:01:59 am
I think you've got the wrong link.  It's something about a Texas League ball player.

Fixed that.

All Bleed Red

Ouch.  Man that list is nasty.  Growing/Rebuilding pains suck

SolarHog

4.9..... Is that 4 wins and a moral victory?

jbcarol

Quote from: SolarHog on July 09, 2014, 12:29:56 pm
4.9..... Is that 4 wins and a moral victory?

1-in-10 shot of drawing Curles or Wagers on one they could've had.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Poker_hog

Chance of winning the sec-0.00. Chance of winning the west 0.01

Wish I could bet on those odds.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Uncommon

HAHAHA.  According to the projections, Texas A&M will be the 4th best team in the SEC West over LSU and Ole Miss!?  LSU clobbered them last year and they squeaked by Ole Miss in Oxford.  Plus, they only have 5 or so starters returning on their defense that was just plain abysmal, only have two scholarship quarterbacks on their roster (both unproven), and have very young receivers.  Their only known strengths will be their offensive line and their running game.  I think people in the ESPN offices have Aggie Aid in their water cooler.

hogcard1964

Anyone else think Kentucky will be substantially better than a lot of people are projecting?

Hogwild

Quote from: Uncommon on July 09, 2014, 02:04:06 pm
HAHAHA.  According to the projections, Texas A&M will be the 4th best team in the SEC West over LSU and Ole Miss!?  LSU clobbered them last year and they squeaked by Ole Miss in Oxford.  Plus, they only have 5 or so starters returning on their defense that was just plain abysmal, only have two scholarship quarterbacks on their roster (both unproven), and have very young receivers.  Their only known strengths will be their offensive line and their running game.  I think people in the ESPN offices have Aggie Aid in their water cooler.

It could be that the have them all tied or even LSU ahead and are factoring that Miss State and A&M play no one outside the SEC worth a damn and LSY plays Wisconsin.  I think Miss State is going to win a good number of games this year, because they have one of the easiest schedules in the conference.

MrThunderhog

Quote from: Poker_hog on July 09, 2014, 12:33:39 pm
Chance of winning the sec-0.00. Chance of winning the west 0.01

Wish I could bet on those odds.

why?
What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' *******, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass.

root_hawg

Yeah I would bet against winning the west

Poker_hog

Quote from: MrThunderhog on July 09, 2014, 08:07:53 pm
why?

1/10000 that we'll win the west. That's ridiculous.   Bet $100 to win $1,000,000.  Would gladly make that bet. 

root_hawg

Just give me the $100 and I'll give you a ten back that way you would only lose $90

MrThunderhog

Quote from: Poker_hog on July 09, 2014, 08:20:22 pm
1/10000 that we'll win the west. That's ridiculous.   Bet $100 to win $1,000,000.  Would gladly make that bet.

that is ridiculous, prolly closer to 1/1,000,000,000
What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' *******, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass.

Steef

Jek Tono Porkins

All I want is a bowl game. I don't care if it's the Porti-Potty Diarrhea-Infested Piss-All-Over-The-Seat bowl. Just gimme a bowl.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: ReddieHawg on July 09, 2014, 08:39:54 pm
All I want is a bowl game. I don't care if it's the Porti-Potty Diarrhea-Infested Piss-All-Over-The-Seat bowl. Just gimme a bowl.

With a name like that, assume it is played at WMS?

Ramtough

If aTm isn't Bret's first SEC win its going to be a really tough season for him.

Uncommon

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on July 09, 2014, 08:43:07 pm
With a name like that, assume it is played at WMS?
Shots fired.  I like it though.

Music City Hog

Quote from: ReddieHawg on July 09, 2014, 08:39:54 pm

You're gonna be disappointed

Uncommon

Quote from: Ramtough on July 09, 2014, 08:52:36 pm
If aTm isn't Bret's first SEC win its going to be a really tough season for him.
Agree.  I hope we're playing Alabama at home with a 4-1 record.  Early part of the season is crucial to success this year.

Ramtough

Quote from: Uncommon on July 09, 2014, 08:56:28 pm
Agree.  I hope we're playing Alabama at home with a 4-1 record.  Early part of the season is crucial to success this year.
I see us at 2-2 going into the aTm game and if we beat them then we might end up in a bowl. I don't think we match up well against Tech and their hurry up so I have that as a loss.

TNRazorbacker

Its probably better that we are dealing with this bruising schedule now while we suck than later when we might have a shot at doing something.  However one could also argue that the years of soft schedules, at least as we've previously known them, are pretty much over in today's SEC.

Al Boarland

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on July 09, 2014, 09:10:23 pm
Its probably better that we are dealing with this bruising schedule now while we suck than later when we might have a shot at doing something.  However one could also argue that the years of soft schedules, at least as we've previously known them, are pretty much over in today's SEC.

Yep, we are in the worst position right now as strong as the West is. Hell, look how long U Tenn has been down in the weak East.

root_hawg

I agree Al, there are alot of things going against us...mainly recruiting base but I am willing to give BB his 5 years.  Remember not only do we play in the toughest league in the country but the toughest division in the toughest league.

LZH

Quote from: Poker_hog on July 09, 2014, 08:20:22 pm

I wonder what the Vegas odds were on Auburn winning the SEC last year.

Al Boarland

Quote from: root_hawg on July 09, 2014, 10:16:34 pm
I agree Al, there are alot of things going against us...mainly recruiting base but I am willing to give BB his 5 years.  Remember not only do we play in the toughest league in the country but the toughest division in the toughest league.

As long as we bring in high character guys and stays out of trouble he can stay as long as he wants. We can go to low level bowls and occasional cause some trouble in the West.

Or, we can recruit the hell out of the JUCO ranks and try to find a niche.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on July 09, 2014, 11:00:09 am
against the toughest schedule in the SEC, fourth toughest nationally.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/85014/espn-projections-favor-alabama-to-win-sec

ESPN really going out on a limb with that Alabama pick.

As for their projection of 4.9 wins for us, I think it is 4.965. ;)
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

Quote from: Al Boarland on July 09, 2014, 10:30:38 pm
As long as we bring in high character guys and stays out of trouble he can stay as long as he wants. We can go to low level bowls and occasional cause some trouble in the West.

Or, we can recruit the hell out of the JUCO ranks and try to find a niche.

Yeah, pretty sure there isn't any middle ground......

870hogfan

Quote from: Ramtough on July 09, 2014, 09:07:32 pm
I see us at 2-2 going into the aTm game and if we beat them then we might end up in a bowl. I don't think we match up well against Tech and their hurry up so I have that as a loss.

How do we not match up well against Tech but do against the Aggies?  Both are very terrible on defenses...

870hogfan

Quote from: ricepig on July 10, 2014, 07:28:20 am
Yeah, pretty sure there isn't any middle ground......

We don't have Gus which means according to him we will never compete for anything..

Poker_hog

Quote from: LZH on July 09, 2014, 10:27:37 pm
I wonder what the Vegas odds were on Auburn winning the SEC last year.

Exactly.  Every year a team or 2 come out of nowhere.  Last year it was au and Missouri.  Year before was Texas am.  Not saying we're gonna do that but it's not impossible.  All we need is great qb play and a few other guys to step up.