Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Preseason Rags

Started by Dwight_K_Shrute, July 09, 2014, 10:44:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwight_K_Shrute

I will be summering on the Redneck Riviera for the next week and am thinking about picking up some preseason mags to pass the time on the beach in between beers and laughing at people.

I've never gotten a Hooten's mainly because I'm not big into HS football.  Is it worth it if all you really care about is the Razorbacks & College Football?

I have picked up Athlon's and Lindy's on occasion any good this year?

I plan on downloading Phil Steele's to my Kindle, I know that it's considered the bible by many.

Any others out there worth picking up?

Anyone going to be on the Gulf from the 11th to 16th?  We will have a tent flying the Arkansas and MSU flag.  Find me and win a free beer.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

WILL CLINTON

I've never read a single story about High School football in Hooten's, but I get it every year. Just get all 4 and you'll be covered. They are all going to say pretty much the same thing.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Mike Irwin

Most of them aren't worth reading. If you've got Phil Steele you're good to go. That guy works hard and knows what he's doing. He's also a huge college football fan who enjoys his work.

RyeHogFan

I'll be honest. I wasn't exactly sure what to expect from this thread when I read the title. But I was intrigued.  8) Btw, I always like to read Athlon and Phil Steele every year. Hooten's is great if you care about HS football. They also do pretty nice with all of the colleges in the state. If you're interest is in either if those, you'll love Hooten's. If you want more of a national or regional look at college football, look elsewhere.