Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cox to carry SEC Network.

Started by rhog1, July 09, 2014, 10:32:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rhog1

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=209573077

ESPN and Cox Communications have reached an agreement for carriage of the SEC Network on Cox when the multiplatform network launches on August 14, 2014.

rhog1

Barrett Sallee ?@BarrettSallee ·22m
The addition of Cox brings the @SECNetwork to around 26 million homes. The Big Ten Network had 16 million the day it launched.

I don't see any way in the world Directv can afford not to add it. Especially if it is true Comcast is close to a deal. 

Mike Irwin

Now to the real question. What's it going to cost me? I doubt I'll be able to pay specifically for the SEC network. They'll probably mix it in with a tier of channels that will raise the price even more.

I probably spend 80% of my time watching six or seven channels. I'd like to be able to keep them and dump the rest only paying for the ones I watch.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

All Bleed Red

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 09, 2014, 10:45:42 am
Now to the real question. What's it going to cost me? I doubt I'll be able to pay specifically for the SEC network. They'll probably mix it in with a tier of channels that will raise the price even more.

I probably spend 80% of my time watching six or seven channels. I'd like to be able to keep them and dump the rest only paying for the ones I watch.

Good point Mike.  These deals and contracts seem to make these "tier packages" mandatory.  I pay for 200+ channels and watch 10.  I'd love the ability to pay for a handful of channels I actually watch, but certainly don't see that being realistic.  I expect Directv to get the SEC Network as well and put it in a package that requires customers to make a decision on paying more in order to get it.

Professor Psychosis

I'm guessing that the SEC Network being in the expanded cable lineup (or whatever they're calling it these days) is probably not going to happen.  That's the one that's channels 2-70ish, or 2002-2070ish HD channels.  ESPN, ESPN2, Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports Southwest, NBC Sports are in this lineup.

Probably gonna be on the packages that get ESPNU, Pac 12 & Big Ten Networks & such.

HeismanHawg

didnt see orginal thread. mods feel free to delete.

Hogusta National

I've always hated Cox or maybe it was just the idea that they had no other competition with the exception of the satellite networks.  ATT U-verse is now in my neighborhood and will be changing over this coming Friday.  $60 savings per month along with more channels, better internet, better landline equals 'kiss off' Cox.

BigSexyHog

Anyone know what the status is with Verizon Fios????
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Lanny

I have directv and will pay whatever the cost to have the SEC network, not changing and a very happy directv customer.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

McKdaddy

Quote from: Lanny on July 09, 2014, 02:20:13 pm
I have directv and will pay whatever the cost to have the SEC network, not changing and a very happy directv customer.

I too would pay whatever. I too am very happy w/ DTV. But in the highly unlikely scenario DTV does not get the SECN, the Ag wife and I are switching.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Reesedogg000

I love my Direct TV too but no way am I staying if they can't reach a deal. I refuse to not be able to watch the season opener Arkansas vs Auburn because Direct TV is dumb and doesn't know how to negotiate. I will be switching. I encourage other Direct TV customers to call in and complain as well as do the suggestion letter thing on their website. Enough of us doing this and they will listen eventually....

root_hawg

I sent in a request and got a letter from coach.  Suddenlink needs to pick it up.

popcornhog

Quote from: rhog1 on July 09, 2014, 10:32:56 am
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=209573077

ESPN and Cox Communications have reached an agreement for carriage of the SEC Network on Cox when the multiplatform network launches on August 14, 2014.

This is excellent news.  Cox isn't even in my area, but I know a lot of people in Arkansas and Louisiana who are pretty much stuck with Cox -- glad they'll be able to watch all of the games.

WPS
WPS

termite

Was in Destin Fl. 2 years ago, cox cable was their provider. I never thought they would not pick up SEC network. Also, isn't Cox cable big in Louisiana ?

BigSexyHog

Guessing no one knows what is going on with fios???? Or just ignoring the question. ....
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

intoxhog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 09, 2014, 10:45:42 am

What's the chance that we will ever get to the point where we could ever pay per channel? You would have a better answer than most on here.

I wish i could buy it online and stream it. Like you I only watch 7 or 8 channels.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

popcornhog

Quote from: BigSexyHog on July 09, 2014, 02:18:58 pm
Anyone know what the status is with Verizon Fios????

Honestly, never heard of it. What state is it in?
WPS

PorcineSublime

Quote from: Hogusta National on July 09, 2014, 01:59:41 pm
I've always hated Cox or maybe it was just the idea that they had no other competition with the exception of the satellite networks.  ATT U-verse is now in my neighborhood and will be changing over this coming Friday.  $60 savings per month along with more channels, better internet, better landline equals 'kiss off' Cox.
May just be isolated experiences, but most folks I know who have switched to U-verse for the "better internet" are very disappointed. Hoping your experience is better. Cox cable internet seems to work pretty well for me most of the time. Still prefer DTV for my TV though. Hopefully they will come through.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

redandwhitefan

Quote from: PorcineSublime on July 09, 2014, 07:29:26 pm
May just be isolated experiences, but most folks I know who have switched to U-verse for the "better internet" are very disappointed. Hoping your experience is better. Cox cable internet seems to work pretty well for me most of the time. Still prefer DTV for my TV though. Hopefully they will come through.

Exactly.  The last thing you want to do is switch from Cox to AT&T DSL.  If you want an independent view go to ookla.com.  Cox is listed as a much faster provider than AT&T.

And Cox just announced they are doubling their internet speeds in Arkansas a week from today!  My Preferred service is jumping to over 50 Mbps.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

RazorFlix

I work from home and internet download and upload speed is critical.  Cox blows Uverse away for internet speed...I don't even have the best package and I get 65 mbps download and 10 upload.

PorkerOinker

I am here in the River Valley and have Suddenlink, have yet to hear on whether they will carry it or not, I know they carry the Cox Sports (CST) hoping to hear something before long on them.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

ricepig

Quote from: PorkerOinker on July 12, 2014, 05:32:24 pm
I am here in the River Valley and have Suddenlink, have yet to hear on whether they will carry it or not, I know they carry the Cox Sports (CST) hoping to hear something before long on them.

Up in NEA with Suddenlink, I hope the Ags or someone else has some pull as who knows if they would add it on the Arkansas TV's alone.

PorkerOinker

Quote from: ricepig on July 12, 2014, 05:38:47 pm
Up in NEA with Suddenlink, I hope the Ags or someone else has some pull as who knows if they would add it on the Arkansas TV's alone.

Is Suddenlink a Texas company? If they are then I don't see how they would not end up carrying it, to many AG tv's all over the state of Texas not to carry if they are a Texas company.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

termite

Suddenlink is also in Branson Mo.