Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LeBron Free Agency

Started by 60 Minutes of Hell, July 08, 2014, 07:23:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

1highhog

Quote from: hvsupastar on July 08, 2014, 11:00:13 pm
Basically everything you said about Kobe. Kobe never forced a coaching change. Kobe didn't give the ultimatum over Shaq, Shaq did that. Kobe has not often threatened to leave, he only tested free agency one time.

You said MJ took less money for a better team when in fact Jordan actually had what was at the time record breaking money. Actually he made 8m more than Kobe will next year.

And with LeBron, it's not that he left for Miami that was wrong. It's how he went about it, that needs no explanation

All I had to do is stop reading with the first sentence where you said, Kobe never forced a Coaching change.

onebadrubi

Well the CavS are trying...

1highhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on July 09, 2014, 01:01:47 pm
Well the CavS are trying...

Man, I for one hope they don't get him.  He needs to run from that place.  Gilbert is a sorry owner, I'm not particularly a Lebron fan, but I don't hold anything against him either.

Hawg Red

I'd like to see LeBron go back to Cleveland. Mainly because I want Bosh on the Rockets, but still.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 09, 2014, 02:23:13 pm
I'd like to see LeBron go back to Cleveland. Mainly because I want Bosh on the Rockets, but still.

You might get your wish. The pic below is making waves online. That's supposed to be outside LeBron's Miami home. Moving trucks, car(s) loaded up for travel, etc. It's been a fun ride, regardless.

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

TrueBlue

jbell96

It would be hilarious if the moving trucks are just moving Lebron's stuff to a different house in the local area.

Beaverfever

Lebron going back to Cleveland would be interesting insight into his psyche.  If it wasn't already clear that he was nothing like Jordan or Kobe, it would be as soon as he went back to Cleveland. 

root_hawg

Explain what u mean Beaver

husker71

thank goodness  he is nothing like Kobe.  You never hear anything bad about him, he has never been the highest paid player on his own team and he never blames teammates for losses.  Kobe has wrecked the Lakers now with that giant contract even though he cannot play anymore near the level he used to.  I still think Jordan is the greatest of all time and Kobe is in the top 6.  Its just that Kobe has handcuffed the Lakers for the next 2 years when he could have taken less (like Lebron and others)  and made the Lakers at least in the free agent market for this and next year.  I think the Lakers and Kobe could have won at least 2 more if Kobe was not committed to getting rid of Shaq. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: husker71 on July 09, 2014, 05:30:55 pm
thank goodness  he is nothing like Kobe.  You never hear anything bad about him, he has never been the highest paid player on his own team and he never blames teammates for losses.  Kobe has wrecked the Lakers now with that giant contract even though he cannot play anymore near the level he used to.  I still think Jordan is the greatest of all time and Kobe is in the top 6.  Its just that Kobe has handcuffed the Lakers for the next 2 years when he could have taken less (like Lebron and others)  and made the Lakers at least in the free agent market for this and next year.  I think the Lakers and Kobe could have won at least 2 more if Kobe was not committed to getting rid of Shaq.

The lakers deserve it after taking the nicks leftovers and passing on Jackson a couple years ago.  There is two jobs in Nba Jackson couldn't have at any moment, that's the lakers obviously and the spurs.  He could go anywhere else (maybe doc at clippers after how well he handled everything) and kick the head coach out.  I hope the lakers don't win 40 games till Kobe is gone

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

Pork Twain

Bosh is an idiot if he does not take the Houston deal.  I used to like Miami before the Big-3, not any more.

Not sure why this is Jumpball though
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: 1highhog on July 09, 2014, 12:44:47 pm
You my friend just said you "thought" that I always remembered Jordan being upset about how much he was being paid. How he wasn't the highest paid yada, yada.  Okay, since You have heard of this thing called the internet, and you do know that you can look up stuff that happened as late as yesterday. Well, you can't just say I thought without facts, look this stuff up where MJ you always remembered Jordan being upset over how much he was being paid, how he wasn't always the highest paid yada, yada.

I have never cared enough to argue with someone over it, but If I did I would then use these internets you speak of to find the facts. I certainly wouldn't act shocked when they used it to look up facts to argue their side.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

hvsupastar

Quote from: 1highhog on July 09, 2014, 12:53:15 pm
All I had to do is stop reading with the first sentence where you said, Kobe never forced a Coaching change.

Okay, explain one to me? Phil the first time?  If Kobe forced that then why would he come back the second time? Kobe didn't force Rudy Tomjonovich to have health problems. Kobe didn't make Phil retire from coaching. Kobe didn't fire Mike Brown six games into the seasknn. Kobe didn't make D'Antoni resign.... I'm going it over and over in my head and I can't even remember Kobe being accused of running a coach out of town, except Phil the first time. They was nipped in the bud when Phil returned
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

hardtimes79

Quote from: 1highhog on July 09, 2014, 12:50:27 pm
I know their are some Laker lovers on this Board, now whether they back this up or not remains to be seen.  Kobe has more than once said he'd go, you are right that one of the times was The Gasol trade, another was getting him some great talent post Howard.

He did not say he would go after Howard?  Where are you getting your info from?  Hes at the end of his career and it makes absolutely no sense for him to leave and no team would pay him what the lakers are paying him.
The easiest way to save face is to keep the lower half shut.

1highhog

Quote from: hvsupastar on July 09, 2014, 10:31:14 pm
Okay, explain one to me? Phil the first time?  If Kobe forced that then why would he come back the second time? Kobe didn't force Rudy Tomjonovich to have health problems. Kobe didn't make Phil retire from coaching. Kobe didn't fire Mike Brown six games into the seasknn. Kobe didn't make D'Antoni resign.... I'm going it over and over in my head and I can't even remember Kobe being accused of running a coach out of town, except Phil the first time. They was nipped in the bud when Phil returned

Kobe loved Phil, why would he want him fired?  I'm talking about Mike Brown and Mike D'Antoni.  If you didn't think he did then others at Sportscenter did, I'm sure they assume just about as much as you do though.

1highhog

Quote from: hardtimes79 on July 10, 2014, 12:09:11 am
He did not say he would go after Howard?  Where are you getting your info from?  Hes at the end of his career and it makes absolutely no sense for him to leave and no team would pay him what the lakers are paying him.

Where are you getting yours?

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: 1highhog on July 10, 2014, 01:00:21 am
If you didn't think he did then others at Sportscenter did, I'm sure they assume just about as much as you do though.

Pot, meet kettle.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

jbell96

Houston is going to be a big winner or a giant loser. Dallas signing Parsons to that 3 year/45 million dollar offer sheet puts Houston in a tight spot. If LeBron takes his time deciding & goes back to Miami, and Bosh follows, they'll lose Parsons too as they only have a few days to match Dallas' offer.

azhog10

Who would have thought that the person to really start the Dominoe effect would be Chandler Parsons. Chandler signing with the Mavs is forcing the Rockets to make a decision quick, which will in turn force the hand of Bosh, that will then decide things for Lebron, who will then get Melo to sign somewhere.

jbell96

Quote from: azhog10 on July 10, 2014, 09:29:11 am
Who would have thought that the person to really start the Dominoe effect would be Chandler Parsons. Chandler signing with the Mavs is forcing the Rockets to make a decision quick, which will in turn force the hand of Bosh, that will then decide things for Lebron, who will then get Melo to sign somewhere.

What LeBron does has no bearing on where Melo is going. Melo is either going to the Lakers or staying with the Knicks.

Dr. Starcs

jbell96

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 10, 2014, 09:41:17 am
Link?

I am just giving my opinion based on what I've heard/read from the top NBA sources.

Even if Bosh goes to Houston, there is no way they can end up in Miami together, especially if LeBron wants max money. Melo would have to take a massive pay cut & I don't see him doing it. The only place they could end up together is LA & I don't see that happening.

HawgAdvocate

Frank Isola, the NY writer who broke the 'Anthony back to NY' story yesterday afternoon, took the LeBron rumors to a whole new level:

https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/status/487292169011474432

@FisolaNYDN - World Wide Windhorst of ESPN is reportedly house hunting in Cleveland. So there's that.

1highhog

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on July 10, 2014, 02:02:55 pm
Frank Isola, the NY writer who broke the 'Anthony back to NY' story yesterday afternoon, took the LeBron rumors to a whole new level:

https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/status/487292169011474432

@FisolaNYDN - World Wide Windhorst of ESPN is reportedly house hunting in Cleveland. So there's that.

I know I'm wrong on this to, but doesn't Lebron still own a home there?

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: 1highhog on July 10, 2014, 03:27:01 pm
I know I'm wrong on this to, but doesn't Lebron still own a home there?

He does. Who knows if Fisola is joking, but Windhorst worked for newspapers practically following LeBron's path from Akron to Cleveland, and eventually to Miami (for ESPN). He's essentially ESPN's hired gun that focuses on LeBron.

So if Windhorst is picking up and moving back to Cleveland as well....again though, it's all hearsay and (fun) rumor.

Dr. Starcs

1highhog

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on July 10, 2014, 03:31:59 pm
He does. Who knows if Fisola is joking, but Windhorst worked for newspapers practically following LeBron's path from Akron to Cleveland, and eventually to Miami (for ESPN). He's essentially ESPN's hired gun that focuses on LeBron.

So if Windhorst is picking up and moving back to Cleveland as well....again though, it's all hearsay and (fun) rumor.

I still see Lebron staying in Miami after all is said and done, but if Bosh and DWade stay and all Miami has done is add Granger and McRoberts I don't think that's good enough to get past the Spurs or maybe even the Pacers this time around.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 10, 2014, 03:46:06 pm
Drama Queen James

Drama queen? How the heck has he been a drama queen? He hasn't said a frickin word about it to the public. It's the media that's blowing it up.

Dr. Starcs

Oh I agree the media is in on it.

But you have to consider his past and acknowledge that he likes to draw things out.

Never seen such a hype for someone with a losing record in the finals. Lol

Tejas_Pete

LeBron to Cleveland. Incarcerated Bob has spoken:

https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob

When the big news channels try and sell this as breaking news, remember that IBN was the real source that broke the story.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: 1highhog on July 10, 2014, 03:49:44 pm
I still see Lebron staying in Miami after all is said and done, but if Bosh and DWade stay and all Miami has done is add Granger and McRoberts I don't think that's good enough to get past the Spurs or maybe even the Pacers this time around.

If wade and bosh stay there probably isn't enough money to make mr james happy.

hardtimes79

Quote from: 1highhog on July 10, 2014, 01:01:36 am
Where are you getting yours?

Im not the one saying kobe threatened to leave the lakers multiple times.  He did it once and they got him pau.  He didn't run the coaches off, im pretty sure they did that to themselves with their records.
The easiest way to save face is to keep the lower half shut.

HawgAdvocate

Cleveland it is. Props to Chris Sheridan.

Though LeBron waited long enough to let SI (pay to) get the exclusive.

Hawg Red

Wow. He really did it. I can respect him going back home.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: poloprince on July 08, 2014, 10:06:58 am
Cleveland won 33 games last year and the best player has been injured every year since highschool. Doesn't sound like a bright future.

LeBron is bringing that bright Miami sunshine back with him.

Dr. Starcs

I called that play brotha!

dhornjr1

So, a deal involving Andrew Wiggins and other pieces for Kevin Love can't be far behind, right?

jjdlc

Doesnt surprise me, Lebron didnt expect the level of backlash he got when he left Cleveland.  You could tell it affected him.  By going back, he gets to be the hometown hero again, and mend some of the bridges. 

PonderinHog

He got his rings.  Now, he wants his legacy.  Hope it works out.  The rust belt needs a ray of hope.

Hawg Red

Bringing championships to CLEVELAND would be huge for his legacy.

Dr. Starcs

Dude is a head case. You knew this was bound to happen because lbj is too concerned about being liked rather than becoming the best player of all time (which he has the physical talent to do). Just another reason why I don't believe he'll ever reach that potential.

I lost respect for him when he left Cleveland the way he did and can't say I've gained any back for him as a man by doing this.

What kind of superstar lets an owner downright trash him, question his character and called him a quitter and then turn around 4 years later and agree to work for said owner. Lol.

Good thing Dan Gilbert isn't Donald sterling I guess.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 11, 2014, 11:50:31 am
Dude is a head case.

I lost respect for him when he left Cleveland the way he did and can't say I've gained any back for him as a man by doing this.

What kind of superstar lets an owner downright trash him, question his character and called him a quitter and then turn around 4 years later and agree to work for said owner. Lol.

That may cost him a few million...

jbell96

The only way I see Cleveland landing Love from Minnesota is if Wiggins is involved, but it is Minnesota, so who knows what it will take.

Tejas_Pete

Quote from: Tejas_Pete on July 10, 2014, 05:18:07 pm
LeBron to Cleveland. Incarcerated Bob has spoken:

https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob

When the big news channels try and sell this as breaking news, remember that IBN was the real source that broke the story.

Incarcerated Bob remains the most trusted source in the sports world.

jbell96

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 11, 2014, 11:50:31 am
Dude is a head case. You knew this was bound to happen because lbj is too concerned about being liked rather than becoming the best player of all time (which he has the physical talent to do). Just another reason why I don't believe he'll ever reach that potential.

If this decision was just about his pride, then he would have stayed in Miami.

In Cleveland, he will have a lot more pull and power as to how the team is shaped, where in Miami, Pat Riley rules with an iron fist.

And like some have said, Jordan hated Reinsdorff & Krause, but he still managed to leave his legacy of best player ever.

I hope the Cavs can work a deal for Kevin Love because I'd love to see him & LeBron play together and win a title.

LRrazorback

ThrillaHog

I wonder if the Miami fans will burn his jerseys and riot in the street?

Dr. Starcs

I just can't pull for love to win one. Even the nba insiders have said he's done minny wrong. Erie may have som thoughts.