LSU
Arkansas
Ole Miss
Bama
Texas
Louisville

In no particular order

ricepig

So according to Will earlier, everyone but Arkansas will get an official visit......

secneahog

Pretty much the top 6 I predicted.

He can visit everywhere he wants, just be a  :razorback:
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

COCHISE

BP? That one worries me a bit, obviously an offense he's familiar with and someone Chris probably gives a lot of credit too.

ADavisTheGOAT

Our only threats are Bama, Old Pi$$, and maybe Louisville.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

The Boar War

Quote from: COCHISE on July 07, 2014, 06:54:34 pm
BP? That one worries me a bit, obviously an offense he's familiar with and someone Chris probably gives a lot of credit too.

Wonder how much higher he would have gone in the draft if Petrino would have coached Chris' final year?

muddhogger

Wasn't that the same list he put out the first time?

opineonswine

Quote from: COCHISE on July 07, 2014, 06:54:34 pm
I would guess Louisville is 6th. Why would you pass up those other to go to Louisville? 

JansterZ71

Quote from: opineonswine on July 07, 2014, 09:50:14 pm
I would guess Louisville is 6th. Why would you pass up those other to go to Louisville?
Dunno but I doubt the Bama/LSU Offers are committable
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

PorkRinds

Quote from: JansterZ71 on July 07, 2014, 10:00:01 pm

I bet they are.

MissippHog

Quote from: muddhogger on July 07, 2014, 09:13:55 pm
Wasn't that the same list he put out the first time?
Not sure LSwho was in the first list. 

secneahog

Hahahahaha.    Your a joke. 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

870hogfan

You mad cause your Auburn didn't make the cut? 

mckinneyhog5

I doubt he even visits Louisville.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

JansterZ71

Bama is for sure not committable. I just got off the phone with an assistant head coach who I played college ball with and he just told me.  Say what you want but I do know a little about this guy.
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

JansterZ71

Quote from: 870hogfan on July 07, 2014, 10:08:19 pm

You mad cause your Auburn didn't make the cut?
??
I'm not worried about Auburn's recruiting, are you?  Why do you always talk about Auburn?  This is an Arkansas recruiting board?

PorkRinds

Quote from: JansterZ71 on July 07, 2014, 11:23:13 pm
Bama is for sure not committable. I just got off the phone with an assistant head coach who I played college ball with and he just told me.  Say what you want but I do know a little about this guy.

Oh. Careful guys. He's got a source! One that's willing to give him the down low on any player he asks about!!!

hogville38

Don't care about all this attention grabbing these kids do now days. Would be nice to have him but not a big deal either way. To me the fact that he is a Arkansas boy and even lists bama and LSU is a slap in the face. Don't have a good feeling about him but hell what do I know.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 07, 2014, 11:45:54 pm
Oh. Careful guys. He's got a source! One that's willing to give him the down low on any player he asks about!!!

Yep, place is full of Sooner and Barners full of unnamed sources.

MP24

Former Hog and Minnesota receiver Jarius Wright arrives in Oregon later tonight to support Gragg.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/jul/07/gragg-reveals-top-six/
January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

RazorPiggie

Dwight_K_Shrute

July 08, 2014, 09:20:13 am #21 Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 02:31:25 pm by Dwight_K_Shrute
I get that some small town kids may want to leave their home state and go see the bright big world or experience something different.

But if you are from SEA NWA is going to offer you more than Tuscaloosa, Oxford, or Baton Rouge.  Ask Thrifty Nickel how his time in Tuscaloosa is working out, or how did Dyer and Mosely do on the plains.

It's also interesting that 1/2 his list are SEC-W schools other than Arkansas.  You are not only playing for another school you are playing against Arkansas every year.

Then there is Texas, and Louisville.  Really any of the other 5 is sort of an FU to Arkansas or will give fans more reason to complain and not like him than just about any other school.

Say his top 6 was Miami, Oregon, FSU, Clemson, UCLA then as a fan all you can say is well sorry we didn't get him but can't blame him for going to XYZ.  And his going to that team does nothing to hurt Arkansas except that loss in recruiting.

Delusional fan in me thinks in the end he is coming to Arkansas.  He has an agreement in place with Bielema to string these other schools along.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on July 08, 2014, 09:20:13 am
I get that some small town kids may want to leave their home state and go see the bright big world or experience something different.

But if you are from SEA NWA is going to offer you more than Tuscaloosa, Oxford, or Baton Rouge.  Ask Thrifty Nickel how his time in Tuscaloosa is working out, or how did Dyer and Mosely do on the plains.

It's also interesting that 1/2 his list are SEC-W schools other than Arkansas.  You are not only playing for another school you are playing against Arkansas every year.

Then there is Texas, and Louisville.  Really any of the other 5 is sort of an FU to Arkansas or will give fans more reason to complain and not like him than just about any other school.

Say hit top 6 was Miami, Oregon, FSU, Clemson, UCLA then as a fan all you can say is well sorry we didn't get him but can't blame him for going to XYZ.  And his going to that team does nothing to hurt Arkansas except that loss in recruiting.

Delusional fan in me thinks in the end he is coming to Arkansas.  He has an agreement in place with Bielema to string these other schools along.

Good post and I pretty much agree with the analysis. They only thing that I hope you are wrong about is CBB having a plan to string other schools along. I would hope that he would not do something like that. Ish comes back around to bite. We are not in the position to play those games.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

hawgsmellgud

"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

PeabodyHawg

I call Bullcrap!

DoggtownHog

Is Gragg actually good at football, or does he just have the measurable? I've been led to believe that he is kinda soft. I'd much rather have KJ.
How stupid a man is depends on where he's standing.

Hogpkins

Good observations. I hope he's a Hog but it is ironic that his list is filled with our most hated enemies. Only Auburn is missing.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: DoggtownHog on July 08, 2014, 12:01:01 pm
Is Gragg actually good at football, or does he just have the measurable? I've been led to believe that he is kinda soft. I'd much rather have KJ.

you, and everyone else, would much rather have BOTH.  there is no other way you should look at it

muddhogger

Quote from: DoggtownHog on July 08, 2014, 12:01:01 pm

I've asked my brother n law, who is the defensive coordinator at el dorado about will and why everyone wants him. He told me it's based off of his potential. Hes got the size and speed he needs to be a great tight end. His numbers haven't been spectacular but has the potential to be great. I honestly thing that Austin Cantrell is a steal and will be a great football player for the hogs

MP24

July 08, 2014, 04:19:41 pm #29 Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 04:30:50 pm by MP24
Just passing it on.

Justin Wells ‏@justinwells2424  · 8m 
2015 TE Will Gragg @W_Gragg7 will take an official visit to Texas on 9/6 vs BYU. #HookEm #TheOpening

Spit!

RNHog

Say his top 6 was Miami, Oregon, FSU, Clemson, UCLA then as a fan all you can say is well sorry we didn't get him but can't blame him for going to XYZ.  And his going to that team does nothing to hurt Arkansas except that loss in recruiting.

Haha. Ok. What does it offer more than Baton Rouge, bama, or oxford? Fayettechill shirts, jack johnson playing over and over?

The one thing that is agreeable is that he has the hog pipeline in his blood with his brother. But that meant nothing with the manning boys.

hogwild210

Guys...I'm all about homegrown kids staying home. I am. But when you use examples like Dyer (won a national championship/MVP of championship game) and Tenpenny (got on the field as a freshman, Saban has spoken pretty highly of him)...you're not helping.
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

WILL CLINTON

There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: RNHog on July 08, 2014, 04:59:45 pm
Haha. Ok. What does it offer more than Baton Rouge, bama, or oxford? Fayettechill shirts, jack johnson playing over and over?

That's like having to explain to someone why it's better to take a vacation in Hawaii as opposed to Detroit.  Why even bother. 

Although Archie went there the boys were raised and went to school in New Orleans.  It's not like they were Mississippi born and bred, but don't let the facts get in the way.  Also 2 out of the 3 Manning Boys did go to Ole Miss but should probably ignore that too. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

31to6

Quote from: Shoatysmalls on July 08, 2014, 12:43:07 pm
Good observations. I hope he's a Hog but it is ironic that his list is filled with our most hated enemies. Only Auburn is missing.
I bet it has more to do with proximity to home than any weird desire to stick it to Arkansas. LSU, Ole Miss & Bama are all < 6 hours and TX and Louisville are quasi-drivable at 8 hours each. As it so happens all of our divisional and historical rivals are all pretty much inside that circle.

If his list was UCLA, Notre Dame, Michigan and Miami, then it would not be an enemies list, but it would also not be a list of places his family can get to without flying.

RNHog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on July 08, 2014, 08:00:37 pm
That's like having to explain to someone why it's better to take a vacation in Hawaii as opposed to Detroit.  Why even bother. 

Although Archie went there the boys were raised and went to school in New Orleans.  It's not like they were Mississippi born and bred, but don't let the facts get in the way.  Also 2 out of the 3 Manning Boys did go to Ole Miss but should probably ignore that too.

Explain why the hogs recruiting in the 29 years of my lifetime has been mediocre?

Explain why we have never landed too blue chips on a consistent basis?

Explain why we have never won an sec title or a modern real national championship?

FANONTHEHILL

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have Gragg, but with Cantrell and O'Grady committed the TE position is solid either way. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

MP24

In Richard's article, Newsome said "I know Will likes Arkansas and K.J. but I don't know.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/jul/09/hogs-still-going-hard-after-newsome/

BigD94

Quote from: MP24 on July 09, 2014, 08:10:21 am
In Richard's article, Newsome said "I know Will likes Arkansas and K.J. but I don't know.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/jul/09/hogs-still-going-hard-after-newsome/

Got to respect his answer there, would be a great get.
WOO PIG!

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: MP24 on July 09, 2014, 08:10:21 am

Program Changing Huge Get.

woo pig.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

ifghog

hawgsmellgud

Yup. Don't get mad at me, I don't rank them. Just passing the info from a pay service.

ldfergu

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on July 09, 2014, 11:36:28 am
Yup. Don't get mad at me, I don't rank them. Just passing the info from a pay service.

people will eventually catch on...maybe

hawgsmellgud

Most reliable source I've ran across.

tbhogfan

Quote from: ricepig on July 07, 2014, 06:11:11 pm
So according to Will earlier, everyone but Arkansas will get an official visit......
If I am counting right, we have gotten 12 unofficials and 2 camps in the last 2 years.
Go Hogs!

ricepig

Quote from: tbhogfan on July 09, 2014, 12:25:06 pm
If I am counting right, we have gotten 12 unofficials and 2 camps in the last 2 years.

But no official.

ifghog

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on July 09, 2014, 11:42:09 am
people will eventually catch on...maybe
Oh I have caught on. Just tired of seeing it. I am just irritable today. This too shall pass. Continue on.

ifghog

Quote from: ricepig on July 09, 2014, 12:28:42 pm
But no official.
How many players have committed to us without an official visit? Just think Josh Frazier.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: ifghog on July 09, 2014, 04:58:06 pm
How many players have committed to us without an official visit? Just think Josh Frazier.

Darius Philon

ricepig

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on July 09, 2014, 04:59:35 pm
Darius Philon

Probably a WR or two under Petrino, seems we got 1 or 2 on NSD, but very few.