Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

John Daley said UA threw his golf trophies in a storage room.

Started by DeltaBoy, July 07, 2014, 09:36:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

troyer37

FCJ is always trying to start something in a chat. If nobody agrees with what he says your totally wrong. And considered an idiot. So irrational. I dont know him personally just from reading his past post.

acey33

Quote from: RNHog on July 07, 2014, 10:05:19 am
Good. What the drunk deserves.

Does anyone pays attention to his comments? Most of them seem to be on the negative side of things...

twistitup

Quote from: acey33 on July 07, 2014, 02:13:10 pm
Does anyone pays attention to his comments? Most of them seem to be on the negative side of things...

Nobody pays attention
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Kevin

Sad we don't have people on staff, that doesn't know what is valuable. 
Somebody dropped it, and then hid it, to stay out of trouble.

Daly knows all those people up, make your complaint to them. 

He cannot wait to get on the seniors tour
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Tequilin' Time

Quote from: Kevin on July 07, 2014, 02:36:17 pm

He cannot wait to get on the seniors tour

since Daly and I are the same age, that just hit me like a ton of bricks.   where did the time go? 

Iwastherein1969

Christ bent to one knee beside the adultress, the angry crowd gathering with stone in hand raised ready to stone the adultress to death...the Christ, drawing circle after circle in the sand was silent as the people waited on his word to fulfill the old law and kill the woman caught in adultery. Christ, looked up with knowing eyes and said to the angry mob, "he who is without sin cast the first stone". Stunned and silent, the angry mob dropped the stone they held in their hand and walked off. The Christ then reached down and helped the adultress to her feet and spoke these words to her, "Arise, go forth and sin no more"
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

LJHOG

Quote from: popcornhog on July 07, 2014, 12:49:55 pm
John Daly doesn't even drink unless you're referring to Diet Coke. The guy may be an alcoholic but he doesn't drink anymore. If anything, that's cause for celebration in my book.

And the guy is always cheering on the hogs fwiw.
finally we agree on something!

LZH

twistitup

LZH

Quote from: twistitup on July 07, 2014, 05:13:17 pm
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/04/john-daly-diet-coke-masters

I wasn't being a peckerhead, I just thought that I'd read here recently that he'd knocked off drinking everything but some beer.  Fwiw, you won't find a bigger fan of JD's than I am.

Big Poppa Z

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on July 07, 2014, 10:54:50 am
Well these comments seem to be a bit of a slap at the university.  At what point does Daly's outlandish and embarrassing behavior outweigh his love for the school?

If his stuff really is in a storage closet, what is he saying that is not accurate?

Tusks

Wow we're talking about 'major' championship trophies.....not some trophy at a no where tourney while playing for the hogs.

You gotta take care of those....come on athletic department.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

pigture perfect

If I loan somebody something and it doesn't return in the same condition I would be a little upset even more so if it's something as rare as the Claret Jug and the US open trophy. Doesn't mena JD hate the school, just maybe those responsible.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

root_hawg

First of all..what trophies?  Are we talking his PGA trophies or did he earn some in college?

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 07, 2014, 11:01:10 am

It makes me really mad. some Razorback fans seem to be willing to throw anyone under the bus that don't like some things that's being done right now. Big John loves the Razorbacks. and if this is true. are you shocked that he is mad about it ? yet the attacks on him have already started. this is just sickening.

Wow, Joe!   After that  first sentence.... I thought you were referring to the people that attack Jeff Long all the time......
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: LZH on July 07, 2014, 05:07:49 pm

Is Miller Lite now considered non-alcoholic?

Naw.....you're just suppose to be able to drink more of it..... ;D
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

board

Quote from: chshog on July 07, 2014, 10:52:53 am
I'm with Forrest City Joe.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm with fcj on this one too...

jkstock04

Hate to hear this...Daly is 100% Hog fan...big time open supporter. Of course he's not without past faults...but to me that is way beside the point here. I can understand why he would be upset about this.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

panhandlepig

Quote from: Hoggin in NYC on July 07, 2014, 03:42:11 pm
since Daly and I are the same age, that just hit me like a ton of bricks.   where did the time go?

It went fast...look in your rear view mirror and its all still there. Look forward and keep driving and see what is around the next curve. Or at least, that's how I do it.

GoHogs1091

An argument can be made that John is the most accomplished sports Alumnus from the UofA.  Winning 2 Major Championships on the PGA Tour puts John in very exclusive territory.

John has shown that he can still play high quality golf.  In 2007, he shot a 67 in the 1st Round on the masterpiece over in Tulsa.  Over the next 3 rounds, he shot a +9 (73--73--73), but the masterpiece in Tulsa is probably the finest test of golf in the world.  In 2010, John shot 4 good rounds at Hardscrabble in Fort Smith.  John has stated that Hardscrabble is tougher than some of the courses that is played on the PGA Tour.  Week-before-last in Germany, John had a good tournament.  Golf's current star, Martin Kaymer, missed the cut at that tournament in Germany.

It is a shame the UofA put John's trophies in a storage room.  It is an example of the UofA not being in touch with reality.

PorkRinds

I think it's funny that so many of you think this was some huge administrative decision by the higher ups at UA. Likely one lower level guy made the decision and no one even noticed. But feel free to use it to make reactionary judgements on the entire UA athletic department.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 07, 2014, 11:30:58 pm
I think it's funny that so many of you think this was some huge administrative decision by the higher ups at UA. Likely one lower level guy made the decision and no one even noticed. But feel free to use it to make reactionary judgements on the entire UA athletic department.

Stretching things there aren't you PorkRinds?

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on July 07, 2014, 11:47:31 pm
Stretching things there aren't you PorkRinds?

Not really. Do you think upper level folks n the athletic department take care of the trophies?

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 07, 2014, 11:48:26 pm
Not really. Do you think upper level folks n the athletic department take care of the trophies?

Nope, and I don't know anyone who does.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on July 08, 2014, 12:03:15 am
Nope, and I don't know anyone who does.

Really?

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on July 07, 2014, 11:25:52 pm

It is a shame the UofA put John's trophies in a storage room.  It is an example of the UofA not being in touch with reality.

Sounds like a condemnation of the way the school is being run.

Quote from: DewUar88 on July 07, 2014, 12:48:41 pm

Sure it had something to do with INTEGRITY

Another swipe at the AD for a situation he had zero to do with.

Marshfieldhog

The AD may have had nothing to do with it, however since it's now been brought up lets see how he handles it. Since it's slow for the media these days, sounds like a perfect story to get an official response from the AD. Or could it be our crappy local media can't handle it?

John donated some really cool stuff that I would like to show my kids someday. From the outside it seems pretty low class.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 08, 2014, 12:20:36 am
Really?

Sounds like a condemnation of the way the school is being run.

Another swipe at the AD for a situation he had zero to do with.

I think you are being overly sensitive.  Maybe you are choosing to be for a reason.

Like any organization, the UA has areas that need to be run better.  Wasn't there a problem with fund raising or something similar that had to be dealt with fairly recently?

There are lots of swipes made at people connected with or formerly connected with UA athletics - Jeff Long, Bobby Petrino, Frank Broyles, Chuck Barrett, Nolan Richardson, etc.  That's never going to change either.

The person at the top usually gets the blame when things go sour, and they are the people responsible for cleaning their house up.  The CEO of GMC is spending a ton of time answering questions and apologizing profusely, but I bet she never personally installed even one faulty ignition switch.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on July 08, 2014, 12:57:16 am
I think you are being overly sensitive.  Maybe you are choosing to be for a reason.

Like any organization, the UA has areas that need to be run better.  Wasn't there a problem with fund raising or something similar that had to be dealt with fairly recently?

There are lots of swipes made at people connected with or formerly connected with UA athletics - Jeff Long, Bobby Petrino, Frank Broyles, Chuck Barrett, Nolan Richardson, etc.  That's never going to change either.

The person at the top usually gets the blame when things go sour, and they are the people responsible for cleaning their house up.  The CEO of GMC is spending a ton of time answering questions and apologizing profusely, but I bet she never personally installed even one faulty ignition switch.

Lots of legit swipes to be taken. Sure. Denting a trophy isn't one of them.

twistitup

Inhogswetrust

July 08, 2014, 07:45:00 am #81 Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 10:32:54 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on July 07, 2014, 04:27:08 pm
Christ bent to one knee beside the adultress, the angry crowd gathering with stone in hand raised ready to stone the adultress to death...the Christ, drawing circle after circle in the sand was silent as the people waited on his word to fulfill the old law and kill the woman caught in adultery. Christ, looked up with knowing eyes and said to the angry mob, "he who is without sin cast the first stone". Stunned and silent, the angry mob dropped the stone they held in their hand and walked off. The Christ then reached down and helped the adultress to her feet and spoke these words to her, "Arise, go forth and sin no more"

What did Buddha, Confucius and Muhammad do and say about sports trophy's and how sport organizations are ran? Why do some people always use religion to make their points....................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on July 07, 2014, 06:40:24 pm
Naw.....you're just suppose to be able to drink more of it..... ;D

Maybe that's why Soonerman likes Oklahomo so much..............................low alcohol content beer!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: pigture perfect on July 07, 2014, 06:17:26 pm
If I loan somebody something and it doesn't return in the same condition I would be a little upset even more so if it's something as rare as the Claret Jug and the US open trophy. Doesn't mena JD hate the school, just maybe those responsible.

And if you love the school then it could have been handled quietly without bringing the schools name into the interview which makes the school look bad.

three hog night

Quote from: hawgsalot on July 07, 2014, 12:31:40 pm
I play 3 or 4 rounds a week with one of his former teammates and former PGA pro.  He's got some great stories on the fun they had, sounds a lot like the things I did when I was there.  The conversation has always been that JD, loved his hogs, loved his women, and loved his booze.  I've been around John a fair amount with friends of friends and never once have heard anything but hog love.  He's donated a bunch, traveled all over cheering the hogs on.  Sorry I think you way off base here!

I saw him on campus many times and he was cool and easy to talk to.  He was known for partying back then and actually changed the image of the wimpy golfer.  He loves Arkansas and our University.   Everyone of us has made a mistake that we are not proud of, but it is how you respond to clean up your mess.   JD has tried to get it together in spite of being in the fishbowl.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jkstock04 on July 07, 2014, 07:45:02 pm
Hate to hear this...Daly is 100% Hog fan...big time open supporter. Of course he's not without past faults...but to me that is way beside the point here. I can understand why he would be upset about this.

I agree. It is a shame that happened and is most likely just an oversight on the part of someone. Still, if it hasn't happened already, someone from the school owes the guy an apology and an explanation.
Go Hogs Go!

hoglady

My question is has UA righted the wrong?
If Daly told them about it and they did nothing - then you have to assume they don't give 2 craps about those trophies.
Which is pure ignorance.
Daly is owed an apology, the damaged trophy should be repaired and if the UA doesn't want to highlight them - then they should just give them back to him.
(I bet they took pretty good care of any donation checks he sent in over the years)
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hoglady on July 08, 2014, 08:23:21 am
My question is has UA righted the wrong?
If Daly told them about it and they did nothing - then you have to assume they don't give 2 craps about those trophies.
Which is pure ignorance.
Daly is owed an apology, the damaged trophy should be repaired and if the UA doesn't want to highlight them - then they should just give them back to him.
(I bet they took pretty good care of any donation checks he sent in over the years)

Watch the video posted above. He already has them back and has paid to have them repaired. They now reside in his home, instead of at the U of A.
Go Hogs Go!

hoglady

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 08, 2014, 08:28:17 am
Watch the video posted above. He already has them back and has paid to have them repaired. They now reside in his home, instead of at the U of A.

That's disappointing.
Not handled well by the University at all.
How many folks actually get to see a major PGA Championship trophy?
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 08, 2014, 08:21:30 am
I agree. It is a shame that happened and is most likely just an oversight on the part of someone. Still, if it hasn't happened already, someone from the school owes the guy an apology and an explanation.

I agree with this.

wholehog92

I have no inside knowledge of the situation, but what I do know is relevant to the discussion.

The UA has tons of trophies.  Not all of them are displayed all the time.  There are even national championship trophies in the closet.  They rotate into the limited display space the more prestigious ones.

What I don't know is does each sport have its' own display area or is the display area shared among several sports.  My guess is that it is by seasonal sports and football, baseball, and basketball have their own.  The same way the facilities are laid out.  So golf would share display space with track.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: wholehog92 on July 08, 2014, 10:26:26 am
I have no inside knowledge of the situation, but what I do know is relevant to the discussion.

The UA has tons of trophies.  Not all of them are displayed all the time.  There are even national championship trophies in the closet.  They rotate into the limited display space the more prestigious ones.

What I don't know is does each sport have its' own display area or is the display area shared among several sports.  My guess is that it is by seasonal sports and football, baseball, and basketball have their own.  The same way the facilities are laid out.  So golf would share display space with track.

I'm not sure since I've not been inside it but I suspect the golf trophies are inside the golf practice facility.

LZH

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on July 07, 2014, 06:36:11 pm
Wow, Joe!   After that  first sentence.... I thought you were referring to the people that attack Jeff Long all the time......

Ha!   +1

Delicious~Dreams

I think it's sad.  What has happened to respect??   JD deserves respect.... The same as anyone.  All the finger pointing and blame won't change that now but at least John spoke about it trying to possibly correct it for the University Of Arkansas which he loves, in the future.     The same goes for the jerseys of former players that's been either misplaced or stored away. 

Let's hope the UofA is now aware of the situation and let's see what their response will be.   I'm sure they are upset about it as well.  They take great pride in all their Athletes and I sincerely doubt that they will let the trophies remain in storage or broken.   

twistitup

Quote from: Delicious~Dreams on July 08, 2014, 10:41:00 am
I'm sure they are upset about it as well.  They take great pride in all their Athletes and I sincerely doubt that they will let the trophies remain in storage or broken.   

?

PorkRinds

Quote from: twistitup on July 08, 2014, 10:56:55 am
?

Yeah. Someone didn't read the article or the thread. He has them back already and the trophy has been repaired.

RT1941

Quote from: ArkansasI on July 07, 2014, 12:37:08 pm
Bad stewardship on the part of Arkansas.  Bad form by John talking about it - it doesn't help the university that he supports.
+1

UA should repair the damage & JD should keep it close to the vest and not vent publically.  He loves UA no doubt, but don't tarnish the image of the thing you love by shining a negative light on your loved one.
RazorTusk!!!!

Delicious~Dreams

Quote from: twistitup on July 08, 2014, 10:56:55 am
?

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 08, 2014, 11:00:12 am
Yeah. Someone didn't read the article or the thread. He has them back already and the trophy has been repaired.

The article wouldn't load for me.   I assumed by some of the others post about the trophy being dented etc...it hadn't been repaired yet.   My apologies.   

PorkRinds

Quote from: Delicious~Dreams on July 08, 2014, 12:08:25 pm
The article wouldn't load for me.   I assumed by some of the others post about the trophy being dented etc...it hadn't been repaired yet.   My apologies.
;D

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 08, 2014, 10:34:46 am
I'm not sure since I've not been inside it but I suspect the golf trophies are inside the golf practice facility.

....near the practice tees at The Blessings Golf Course.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber