Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

John Daley said UA threw his golf trophies in a storage room.

Started by DeltaBoy, July 07, 2014, 09:36:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

Per his interview on the Graham Bensinger show. Mind Blowing

This show runs Sunday night after the evening news on NBC 5 DFW.

http://www.locatetv.com/tv/in-depth-with-graham-bensinger/season-4/8625519
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hawgndaaz

he sure knows how to stay in the spotlight for every other reason besides playing good golf

thirrdegreetusker

Could not link the article through work, but I gotta ask. Why didn't Daly have his trophies in his possession all along?

hogsanity

Quote from: thirrdegreetusker on July 07, 2014, 10:18:29 am
Could not link the article through work, but I gotta ask. Why didn't Daly have his trophies in his possession all along?

Lots of college athletes give/loan some of their trophies to their schools for display. Helps fill the trophy cases, which looks impressive.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ICEman

They threw them in the same storage room that Hootie had all of his National Championship Under Construction placards placed.  Oh, wait those things ended up in the Washington County Waste Management landfill.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

forrest city joe

Quote from: RNHog on July 07, 2014, 10:05:19 am
Good. What the drunk deserves.
Yea now let's attack a ex-Razorback who loves the school and does nothing but talk good about the Razorback. good grief, you guys will throw anyone under the bus.

chshog

hawgsmellgud

"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 07, 2014, 10:50:21 am
Yea now let's attack a ex-Razorback who loves the school and does nothing but talk good about the Razorback. good grief, you guys will throw anyone under the bus.

Well these comments seem to be a bit of a slap at the university.  At what point does Daly's outlandish and embarrassing behavior outweigh his love for the school?

forrest city joe

Quote from: chshog on July 07, 2014, 10:52:53 am
I'm with Forrest City Joe.
It makes me really mad. some Razorback fans seem to be willing to throw anyone under the bus that don't like some things that's being done right now. Big John loves the Razorbacks. and if this is true. are you shocked that he is mad about it ? yet the attacks on him have already started. this is just sickening.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on July 07, 2014, 10:54:50 am
Well these comments seem to be a bit of a slap at the university.  At what point does Daly's outlandish and embarrassing behavior outweigh his love for the school?
So what ? do all Hog fans or ex-players have to agree with everything that's done at UA. Daly has a right to be pissed if this happen. and not be told to go away because he's a drunk.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on July 07, 2014, 10:54:50 am

John has done a lot of good things but that outlandish and embarrassing behavior goes back to when he was in school at the UA.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

forrest city joe

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 07, 2014, 11:07:07 am
John has done a lot of good things but that outlandish and embarrassing behavior goes back to when he was in school at the UA.
And?

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

forrest city joe

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 07, 2014, 11:12:30 am
He does love the Hogs yet he does not always act like it and didn't back then either.
What's he done that tell you he does not like the Hogs. tell me because i want to know.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 07, 2014, 11:25:05 am
What's he done that tell you he does not like the Hogs. tell me because i want to know.

Maybe you need to talk to some of his former teammates and coaches.......................perhaps that's all I should say forward on this subject.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 07, 2014, 11:27:01 am
Maybe you need to talk to some of his former teammates and coaches.......................perhaps that's all I should say forward on this subject.
No you said it, and i want to know. when you throw out stuff like this. have some facts to back it up. everything i have seen and heard from this man says he loves the Razorbacks, and is a big fan of the program.

BorderPatrol

good grief, you guys will throw anyone under the bus.

Two things:

1. Ironic, coming from you.
2. Did he not throw the UA under the bus?

bp

Tequilin' Time

You freakin people.

John has turn his life around,   with the help of Anna Cladakis.

Been sober for 6+ years
won custody of  his son
working his but off to get back on tour, even when it means going to low, long way.

He has supported the hogs where ever he goes.

Yeah, I really hate to be associated with someone like that. 

Still in your corner JD,  Grip n Rip!

forrest city joe

Quote from: BorderPatrol on July 07, 2014, 11:32:57 am
Two things:

1. Ironic, coming from you.
2. Did he not throw the UA under the bus?

bp
Stop just stop.so John Daily has to agree with everything TPTB at UA do, or he is throwing the UA under the Bus? you people are unreal.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hoggin in NYC on July 07, 2014, 11:35:23 am
You freakin people.

John has turn his life around,   with the help of Anna Cladakis.

Been sober for 6+ years
won custody of  his son
working his but off to get back on tour, even when it means going to low, long way.

He has supported the hogs where ever he goes.

Yeah, I really hate to be associated with someone like that. 

Still in your corner JD,  Grip n Rip!

+1000. thank you for your post. thank god for fans like you.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 07, 2014, 11:36:57 am
Stop just stop.so John Daily has to agree with everything TPTB at UA do, or he is throwing the UA under the Bus? you people are unreal.

Just answer my question. Did he not throw the UA under the bus?

bp

forrest city joe

Quote from: BorderPatrol on July 07, 2014, 11:38:57 am
Just answer my question. Did he not throw the UA under the bus?

bp
NO! he is pissed at the people who did this. hate to break this to you. but some of us out here(myself, Big John or Marcus Elliot) will never agree with everything the people in charge at UA do.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 07, 2014, 11:43:09 am
NO! he is pissed at the people who did this. hate to break this to you. but some of us out here(myself, Big John or Marcus Elliot) will never agree with everything the people in charge at UA do.

LMAO!!!!! Only when it comes to keeping Mike Anderson around, right?

bp

Wild Bill Hog

Sed76

Some people seem to throw Jeff Long under the bus for every decision they don't like. Does that make them any less of a fan?

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Sed76 on July 07, 2014, 11:50:56 am
Some people seem to throw Jeff Long under the bus for every decision they don't like. Does that make them any less of a fan?

What precisely is your definition of throwing someone under the bus?

forrest city joe

Quote from: BorderPatrol on July 07, 2014, 11:48:14 am
LMAO!!!!! Only when it comes to keeping Mike Anderson around, right?

bp
Mike Anderson is a good man who is building a good basketball program at UA. i support him and coach B 100%. i believe both can get it done here.

Ash

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on July 07, 2014, 11:52:46 am
What precisely is your definition of throwing someone under the bus?

For most of these people if you aren't cupping Long's balls you are throwing the program. Nay the entire state under the bus.

Daly wasn't out of line to say this and it is unfortunate that his trophies aren't on display. Noone was thrown under anything. Stop acting like teenage girls.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Sed76 on July 07, 2014, 11:50:56 am
This thread is about John Daly. everyone knows my opinion on the AD. no sense and me giving it in every thread. so keep it on the Subject of the bogus idea that he's throwing the UA under the Bus.

ricepig

Quote from: ScottFaldon on July 07, 2014, 11:59:04 am
This isn't a new story. Daly has been telling it for a few months now.

https://sports.yahoo.com/video/john-daly-university-arkansas-trashed-110000525.html

I was pretty sure I'd seen this, still no excuse for not taking better care of the trophies.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 07, 2014, 11:58:39 am
This thread is about John Daly. everyone knows my opinion on the AD. no sense and me giving it in every thread. so keep it on the Subject of the bogus idea that he's throwing the UA under the Bus.

That AD you don't like HIRED BOTH coaches you say you support. Logical/rational/nonemotional people would thus support the AD as well.

forrest city joe

I watched the Video. he says that he loves the university of Arkansas and he always will. that's good enough for me. no where in that video is he throwing UA under the Bus. he is mad at whoever decision it was to do that. and he has every right to be mad.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on July 07, 2014, 12:12:36 pm
I was pretty sure I'd seen this, still no excuse for not taking better care of the trophies.

I will agree with that.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 07, 2014, 12:17:51 pm
That AD you don't like HIRED BOTH coaches you say you support. Logical/rational/nonemotional people would thus support the AD as well.
That is not the subject of this thread. i am not going to turn this thread into another i don't like the AD thread. get back on the subject of this thread.

hawgsalot

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 07, 2014, 11:27:01 am

I play 3 or 4 rounds a week with one of his former teammates and former PGA pro.  He's got some great stories on the fun they had, sounds a lot like the things I did when I was there.  The conversation has always been that JD, loved his hogs, loved his women, and loved his booze.  I've been around John a fair amount with friends of friends and never once have heard anything but hog love.  He's donated a bunch, traveled all over cheering the hogs on.  Sorry I think you way off base here!

BigSexyHog

I am still waiting to hear these so called stories from ex players and coaches?   Till someone comes clean with these he said she said stories they are just bitter fans
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 07, 2014, 12:23:32 pm
That is not the subject of this thread. i am not going to turn this thread into another i don't like the AD thread. get back on the subject of this thread.

YOU'RE the one that FIRST mentioned how everyone knows how you feel about the AD so you broached the subject. I simply responded to what you said. IF you recall I also said John has done a lot of good things and loves the Hogs but that doesn't mean he has always behaved that way. The interview is more proof he does love the UA but is not above getting his "dings" in towards them in some respects. 

That being said I now realize you baited me into responding when probably it would have been best for me not too. 

ArkansasI

Pretty lame thread we have going here.  John wanted his beloved university to house his PGA and British Open trophies.  Pretty cool.

When the trophies get transferred from the Broyles Athletic Complex to the new golfing center, some fool puts them in a closet - perhaps because the PGA trophy is damaged.

John doesn't know how the damage occurred, but one may surmise that whoever dented the PGA trophy either didn't know what it was - or perhaps knew exactly what it was but dropped it in the move from BAC or whatever.  Not surprising that whoever is responsible hasn't explained what happened - they'd be out of a job or might be expected to fix the trophy - which they couldn't afford.

John is disappointed that those he entrusted with the trophies didn't take better care of them, and I'm sure that the university is embarassed.  I'm surprised that the university didn't offer to replace the damaged trophy.

Bad stewardship on the part of Arkansas.  Bad form by John talking about it - it doesn't help the university that he supports.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hawgsalot on July 07, 2014, 12:31:40 pm
I play 3 or 4 rounds a week with one of his former teammates and former PGA pro.  He's got some great stories on the fun they had, sounds a lot like the things I did when I was there.  The conversation has always been that JD, loved his hogs, loved his women, and loved his booze.  I've been around John a fair amount with friends of friends and never once have heard anything but hog love.  He's donated a bunch, traveled all over cheering the hogs on.  Sorry I think you way off base here!

I understand your feelings. Remember I HAVE said he loves the Hogs.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ArkansasI on July 07, 2014, 12:37:08 pm
Pretty lame thread we have going here.  John wanted his beloved university to house his PGA and British Open trophies.  Pretty cool.

When the trophies get transferred from the Broyles Athletic Complex to the new golfing center, some fool puts them in a closet - perhaps because the PGA trophy is damaged.

John doesn't know how the damage occurred, but one may surmise that whoever dented the PGA trophy either didn't know what it was - or perhaps knew exactly what it was but dropped it in the move from BAC or whatever.  Not surprising that whoever is responsible hasn't explained what happened - they'd be out of a job or might be expected to fix the trophy - which they couldn't afford.

John is disappointed that those he entrusted with the trophies didn't take better care of them, and I'm sure that the university is embarassed.  I'm surprised that the university didn't offer to replace the damaged trophy.

Bad stewardship on the part of Arkansas.  Bad form by John talking about it - it doesn't help the university that he supports.

Your last two sentences are completely correct imo and basically the point of my postings as well.

HogScoutMaster

Quote from: DeltaBoy on July 07, 2014, 09:36:18 am
Per his interview on the Graham Bensinger show. Mind Blowing

This show runs Sunday night after the evening news on NBC 5 DFW.

http://www.locatetv.com/tv/in-depth-with-graham-bensinger/season-4/8625519

Sure it had something to do with INTEGRITY
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

popcornhog

John Daly doesn't even drink unless you're referring to Diet Coke. The guy may be an alcoholic but he doesn't drink anymore. If anything, that's cause for celebration in my book.

And the guy is always cheering on the hogs fwiw.
WPS

forrest city joe

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 07, 2014, 12:34:34 pm
YOU'RE the one that FIRST mentioned how everyone knows how you feel about the AD so you broached the subject. I simply responded to what you said. IF you recall I also said John has done a lot of good things and loves the Hogs but that doesn't mean he has always behaved that way. The interview is more proof he does love the UA but is not above getting his "dings" in towards them in some respects. 

That being said I now realize you baited me into responding when probably it would have been best for me not too. 
Wrong. i was responding to the guy who brought the AD into this thread. and i was telling him the same thing i told you. do not try and change the subject of this thread. i want the attacks on this man stopped. he loves the Razorbacks.

popcornhog

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 07, 2014, 11:55:29 am
Mike Anderson is a good man who is building a good basketball program at UA. i support him and coach B 100%. i believe both can get it done here.

I have supported Mike 100% and fully expect him to finish in the top 25 and make a sweet 16 run this year. But it is put up or shut up time for Mike.

As for Bielema, I certainly support him and hope that he can get it done. Haven't seen enough to know whether I truly believe yet though. Ask me again in a couple of years.
WPS

CallThemHawgs!

For once, I agree with you.

Hot damn. Stop the press.

hogsanity

John Daly has lived his whole life with his flaws exposed for the world to see. He plays a game where success is fleeting.  Where a guy can go from top 10 in the world to playing mini-tours just to eat in a very short amount of time. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 07, 2014, 12:52:03 pm
Wrong. i was responding to the guy who brought the AD into this thread. and i was telling him the same thing i told you. do not try and change the subject of this thread. i want the attacks on this man stopped. he loves the Razorbacks.

That depends on how you define "TPTB" and "the people in charge" which you first brought out in reply's #20 and #23 respectively and most would extrapolate that to mean Long since you do constantly berate him on here and he is in charge. I will admit that someone else in reply #26 was the first to actually use the name Jeff Long. However that was after you started to attack the administration of which I, and others I bet, from your posts on here believe that you do mean to be Jeff Long. If in this thread you did not intend that to mean Jeff then my apologies. 

ifghog

Quote from: popcornhog on July 07, 2014, 12:53:01 pm
I have supported Mike 100% and fully expect him to finish in the top 25 and make a sweet 16 run this year. But it is put up or shut up time for Mike.

As for Bielema, I certainly support him and hope that he can get it done. Haven't seen enough to know whether I truly believe yet though. Ask me again in a couple of years.
^^This^^ +1