Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Van Horn, Killian Enjoying Team USA Experience

Started by Mike Irwin, July 06, 2014, 06:55:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

Razorback Baseball head coach Dave Van Horn admits he would be lost in his summer job as Team USA's head coach without the previous experience he gained as a Team USA assistant coach. "I needed to see it," Van Horn told the Razorback Nation. "I needed to be around it. Get an idea of the expectations. Watch the other teams. I think just jumping into it from college to someone asking you to be the Team USA manager, that might be a little difficult."

A couple of familiar faces are helping out too. Arkansas junior right-handed pitcher Trey Killian has made the final cut for the team and Texas A&M head coach Rob Childress, a former assistant coach under Van Horn, is the pitching coach for Team USA this summer.

"I already have a good relationship with Trey," Van Horn stressed. "He's been such a leader and a warrior for our own team on the weekends. Here I'm keeping my eye on him a little bit and it's so far so good."
---------------------
To read more and to view the video version of this story click on the link below:
http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/van-horn-killian-enjoying-team-usa-experience/26062/N5UMz1uscUucofjxETtEzw