Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback Recruiting Report (7-6-14)

Started by Aaron Peters, July 06, 2014, 06:37:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Peters

Richard Davenport of the Arkansas Democrat Gazette joins our Aaron Peters to bring you the latest in Razorback recruiting. This week we feature the following prospects: KJ Hill (WR, North Little Rock), Will Gragg (TE, Dumas, Arkansas), Tyler Phillips (LB, North Little Rock), Holton Hill (DB, Houston, TX) Will Sunderland (Safety, Midwest City, OK), Roddrick Bryant (WR, St. Louis Christian Brother, 2016 class) and in Arkansas basketball recruiting we feature Juwan Morgan (Power Forward, Waynesvill, MS). 

http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/razorback-recruiting-report-7-6-14/25487/v2RBr6v-00aJZsYnv8AXmw

Poker_hog

Our rankings are dropping like a rock.  Was top 10, now barely top 30.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

ricepig

Quote from: Poker_hog on July 06, 2014, 07:37:25 pm

You going on average/recruit, or just total? You have to keep everything in perspective.

Poker_hog

Quote from: ricepig on July 06, 2014, 07:42:04 pm
You going on average/recruit, or just total? You have to keep everything in perspective.

Going by rivals/247 rankings.  We started off fast then things slowed down.  Everyone is catching up and passing us.

lefty08

Quote from: Poker_hog on July 06, 2014, 07:44:39 pm
Going by rivals/247 rankings.  We started off fast then things slowed down.  Everyone is catching up and passing us.

We were at 18 a few days ago. Relax, its july....
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

ricepig

The end number is all that matters, we're top 15 if you just take what our recruits average out to. Now, if we get up to 15-20 recruit's and still are in the 30 range, then you can freak out.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on July 06, 2014, 07:50:07 pm
The end number is all that matters, we're top 15 if you just take what our recruits average out to. Now, if we get up to 15-20 recruit's and still are in the 30 range, then you can freak out.

All that matters is how these guys perform 2, 3, 4 years from now.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

(notOM)Rebel123

Overreact much?

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on July 06, 2014, 08:07:17 pm
All that matters is how these guys perform 2, 3, 4 years from now.

True, but there is some correlation with top classes and top performers.

Tripod1

On Hogville numbers don't matter.  The recruiting services are idiots and given time our top 30-40 ranking is going to beat Alabama and their #1 ranking. 

Poker_hog

ricepig

Quote from: Poker_hog on July 06, 2014, 08:14:40 pm
Just stating facts.  React to them how you wish.

The facts show that we rank in the top 15 for our 10 recruit's averaged numbers. Now, we don't fare well against teams with more than 10 recruit's on the total ranking numbers. Why don't you double our numbers and see where it puts us.

Poker_hog

Quote from: ricepig on July 06, 2014, 08:17:49 pm
The facts show that we rank in the top 15 for our 10 recruit's averaged numbers. Now, we don't fare well against teams with more than 10 recruit's on the total ranking numbers. Why don't you double our numbers and see where it puts us.
It doesn't work like that.  I'd love to believe that we'll sign 10 four star players but I'll believe it when I see it.

ricepig

Quote from: Poker_hog on July 06, 2014, 08:24:44 pm
It doesn't work like that.  I'd love to believe that we'll sign 10 four star players but I'll believe it when I see it.

It also doesn't mean anything when a team with 5-7 more recruits is ahead of you. We'll sign around 25, as will others, then you can compare.

ricepig

Quote from: Poker_hog on July 06, 2014, 08:24:44 pm

We don't have to, we can sign 15 more 89 rating guys and our average will go up, that's 15 more 3*.

870hogfan

Quote from: Tripod1 on July 06, 2014, 08:11:04 pm
On Hogville numbers don't matter.  The recruiting services are idiots and given time our top 30-40 ranking is going to beat Alabama and their #1 ranking.

Numbers doesn't matter in JULY...

Bubba's Bruisers

I bet we finish in the low to mid 20's.  A fudge better than usual.  If we finish with Hill, Gragg, and several SEC caliber back 7 recruits, then all's well.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Poker_hog on July 06, 2014, 08:14:40 pm
Just stating facts.  React to them how you wish.

But your "facts" aren't based on "apple to apple" comparisons.

ZERO

There are I think six or seven more 4* recruits we have a legitimate shot at, including two in-state prospects. I don't think we're going to end with ten 4* players either, but six or seven total by February is a pretty good possibility. And, again, it's early July. Players are popping up on our radar every week that we hadn't really had a handle on before.

I'm also betting we end somewhere between 20-25. If we reach 15-19 on one of the services, we'll have taken a serious step forward, especially considering we're coming off of 4-8 and 3-9 seasons, and expected to not make a Bowl for a third consecutive year.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Hoggish1

We are in top 10, still when you take into consideration that we only have 10 commits.  The ranking reward the teams with the most recruits, but it's about the average rating per recruit.  A quick glance shows twenty teams with a lower per player average, but with many more players committed than us, hence a higher total score.

There is no need to panic.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

There's a lot of truth to that, we've only added 3 or 4 commits since we were ranked #6 and it's a numbers game.  We only have 10 commits and we're the 3rd ranked team with 11 or less commits.   I really expected us to have gotten a few more commits coming out of our Elite Sr. camp in June, especially considering we pulled 6 right after camp last year.

Seems like we've missed on a number of Texas recruits we were after and the Florida guys we'll pull will be in season and late in the cycle commits or flips due to not being able to bring them in for official visits yet.   I think we're doing quite a bit of Sr. year evaluations as well, which I prefer.  Kids grow and mature quite a bit in that last year of HS.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

To address the above post, if you rank by average/commit we're sitting at 19th, not the greatest but better than we've seen in a long time at this point of the recruiting season.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Wild Bill Hog

Lots of time left to go at this point.  Probably no reason to be elated or despondent either one.

Vantage 8 dude

Yet ANOTHER reminder: it isn't particularly important where you are in the middle of the summer. It's where you place and finish on NSD that matters.