Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 5 Highest Need Prospect

Started by Prestworthy, July 06, 2014, 01:40:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Prestworthy

Who are the top 5 in 2015 that are considering the hogs?

secneahog

1. Kj hill
2.will Gragg
3. Walker
4. Haughton
5. Ledbetter
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Richard_white

Hill
Haughton
Ledbetter
Walker
Gragg

muddhogger

Quote from: secneahog on July 06, 2014, 01:58:19 pm
1. Kj hill
2.will Gragg
3. Walker
4. Haughton
5. Ledbetter

👆👆 what this guy said!

Steef

Linebackers, safeties and corners.

ricepig

TMc

They need another RB, 2 more OL,  Hill and Gragg, and the rest need to go to the defense.  Like the poster above me said.. LB's, Safeties, and CBs

WBC Hog

Idk how anybody can not include a LB in the top 5. Quarte Sapp, Kendrick Jackson, Roquan Smith... Gotta have a safety as well.

1. Kendrick Jackson
2. Marcus Walker
3. KJ Hill
4. Jeremiah Ledbetter
5. Will Gragg

RazorPiggie

Top 5 will change in the next couple months.

Huds_HawgTide

Jalil barnett
Khalil Haughton
K hill
Gragg
Walker
And two 4 star linebackers
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

King TUSKankahamun

We all want gragg very badly and I hope we get him but I think at this point he's not one of our top 5 needs since we have 2, top want, but not need. We need top talent at LB and RB in our top 5. Defiantly need hill as well
Self proclaimed dead King of Hogville

secneahog

Quote from: King TUSKankahamun on July 07, 2014, 08:28:00 am
We all want gragg very badly and I hope we get him but I think at this point he's not one of our top 5 needs since we have 2, top want, but not need. We need top talent at LB and RB in our top 5. Defiantly need hill as well

Say what you want but gragg is a must get.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

King TUSKankahamun

Quote from: secneahog on July 07, 2014, 08:33:05 am

Like I said I hope we do and losing him would be the biggest disappointment from this recruiting class but from what I'm hearing about Cantrell we will be fine in that area. I can't characterize him as a must get other than the fact that he is home grown with major UofA connections and we can't lose players like that. I don't mean to diminish Gragg at all, he's prolific,  I'm just less worried about TE than other positions because we are becoming very deep there very fast. JMHO
Self proclaimed dead King of Hogville

Prestworthy

Quote from: King TUSKankahamun on July 07, 2014, 08:46:06 am
Like I said I hope we do and losing him would be the biggest disappointment from this recruiting class but from what I'm hearing about Cantrell we will be fine in that area. I can't characterize him as a must get other than the fact that he is home grown with major UofA connections and we can't lose players like that. I don't mean to diminish Gragg at all, he's prolific,  I'm just less worried about TE than other positions because we are becoming very deep there very fast. JMHO
Agreed.  TE should be set for a while.  Wouldn't consider Gragg a top 5 need.

hawgsmellgud

I consider him top 5, but not as a literal need. He is top five because he seems to be held in high regard among the other '15 prospects, and if he were to commit it would be influential to other recruits. I believe that if/when he commits it will get the ball rolling to finish out a strong class. So for that reason I would also put him #2 behind Hill. 
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

MH04

I agree about Gragg. I think that we would be more than okay at TE if gragg leaves the state but I think that Gragg is a must get for program reasons. It would be huge for our coaches to land Gragg and Hill and show that we can keep these guys in Arkansas. It would help us in the future with guys like Agim.

Huds_HawgTide

Gragg is the key for top state prospects next few yrs...being the brother of a great hog and the Warren three and that great ark crop he holds alot of weight of a second turnaround at ark...yes we have two committed already big whop! We don't get gragg then we don't get Kj hill then the trend keeps going on for best players leaving
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

ifghog

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on July 07, 2014, 10:53:03 am
Gragg is the key for top state prospects next few yrs...being the brother of a great hog and the Warren three and that great ark crop he holds alot of weight of a second turnaround at ark...yes we have two committed already big whop! We don't get gragg then we don't get Kj hill then the trend keeps going on for best players leaving
I agree with this...POSITION of need not so much...STATURE of need prob number 1 for Gragg.....2 for Hill.

Huds_HawgTide

Exactly...just like the arguments that we didn't need Frazier or Frazier or tenpenny or brooks...it's the principle...they may be all Americans here or there but we for dang sure don't wanna be in the business of auburn finding the diamonds from the diamond state...if we have guys from arkansas with arkansas ties who grew up loving arkansas like gragg you can't let him go...whether we are good or bad whether we are trying to keep other teams from getting better with our players or we are pitching a turn around gragg and hill are combo if they come to ark don't get one without the other...gotta , I say we gotta land them...fence going up this yr men
tommy boy

Huds_HawgTide

All things being said the highest.ranked recruit we are in on and have a legit shot is jaLin barnett...no.1 offensive guard in nation almost a 5 star...gotta keep the momentum for O linemen going...and I think Pittman is ready to slow down
tommy boy

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on July 07, 2014, 12:29:38 pm
...and I think Pittman is ready to slow down
What exactly do you mean by this?
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Huds_HawgTide

tommy boy

mhuff

Quote from: steefhog on July 06, 2014, 05:31:31 pm
Linebackers, safeties and corners.

Right on time as usual. Same song 15th verse.

Steef

Quote from: mhuff on July 07, 2014, 04:05:26 pm
Right on time as usual. Same song 15th verse.

LOL

My good friend,

I'll stop singing this song, just as soon as someone in the BAC hears me.

There's still hope. It's only been 40 years.

hogville38

Quote from: ricepig on July 06, 2014, 06:51:50 pm

^^^^this. Don't think a TE is a real need at this point. Would rather have some good solid defense players.

hogville38

Quote from: secneahog on July 07, 2014, 08:33:05 am

Say what you want. No he isn't. What we need is a steady supply of lineman on both sides and defensive backs. We will be ok either way with or without Gragg. Yes we want him and would be great but anyone who says a tightend is top priority for this team hasn't been watching the last two years.

hogville38

July 08, 2014, 02:22:01 am #26 Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 02:42:13 am by hogville38
Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on July 07, 2014, 10:53:03 am
So big whoop to the two we have committed already? The best players leaving the state? Oh you mean Tenpenny(hasn't taken a snap) Frazier (terrible qb) Dyer? What about Bijohn Jackson, Ty Storey, Korliss Marshall, Brey Cook, Hunter Henry, etc. Exactly how are we losing the best players in the state? Say what you will but folks we are getting the top players in the state. It also is alarming that only one person mentioned Jalen Barnett. #1 in nation at his position. I would say he is a must get. If we have a good season Gragg going somewhere else to play will not keep players from comming to Arkansas. I think we have came out on the winning end as far as what players have stayed and what players left.

Choctaw Hog

July 08, 2014, 07:17:39 am #27 Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 07:31:36 pm by Choctaw Hog
Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on July 07, 2014, 11:22:01 am
Exactly...just like the arguments that we didn't need Frazier or Frazier or tenpenny or brooks...it's the principle...they may be all Americans here or there but we for dang sure don't wanna be in the business of auburn finding the diamonds from the diamond state...if we have guys from arkansas with arkansas ties who grew up loving arkansas like gragg you can't let him go...whether we are good or bad whether we are trying to keep other teams from getting better with our players or we are pitching a turn around gragg and hill are combo if they come to ark don't get one without the other...gotta , I say we gotta land them...fence going up this yr men

Nobody in the Arkansas program is going to "let him go".  It's a free country, at least for the time being, and players are free to go where they want.  The coaching staff is doing everything they can within the rules to to land Gragg but if he picks another school, he picks another school.  PERIOD!

If that happens I'm fairly sure Arkansas will still field a football team and I won't lose any sleep over one person's decision to play his college football somewhere else besides Arkansas. 

hogwild210

Quote from: hogville38 on July 08, 2014, 02:22:01 am
So big whoop to the two we have committed already? The best players leaving the state? Oh you mean Tenpenny(hasn't taken a snap) Frazier (terrible qb) Dyer? What about Bijohn Jackson, Ty Storey, Korliss Marshall, Brey Cook, Hunter Henry, etc. Exactly how are we losing the best players in the state? Say what you will but folks we are getting the top players in the state. It also is alarming that only one person mentioned Jalen Barnett. #1 in nation at his position. I would say he is a must get. If we have a good season Gragg going somewhere else to play will not keep players from comming to Arkansas. I think we have came out on the winning end as far as what players have stayed and what players left.

He had a TD last season.
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

Huds_HawgTide

July 08, 2014, 10:04:27 am #29 Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 10:18:18 am by Huds_HawgTide
Umm I'm the one that mentioned barnett...and yes moving forward with a new coach and new philosophy that includes heavy emphasis on keeping players in state gragg is a guy that recruiting sites and analysts around the country take notice and are like hmmm arkansas is batting down the hatches...they coming be ready yall

I did list barnett number one my board though and the hard hitting safety from Texas number 2...so I understand we have actual position needs or higher rated players we are pursuing....and yes tenpenny actually got significant playing tI me at Bama as a freshman. And yep he had a score
tommy boy

secneahog

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on July 08, 2014, 10:04:27 am
Umm I'm the one that mentioned barnett...and yes moving forward with a new coach and new philosophy that includes heavy emphasis on keeping players in state gragg is a guy that recruiting sites and analysts around the country take notice and are like hmmm arkansas is batting down the hatches...they coming be ready yall

I did list barnett number one my board though and the hard hitting safety from Texas number 2...so I understand we have actual position needs or higher rated players we are pursuing....and yes tenpenny actually got significant playing tI me at Bama as a freshman. And yep he had a score

Altee played special teams.

Tim Harris

Regardless of who we already have in the class you have to put KJ Hill and Will Gragg at the top of the list.  They are both elite players who have every school in the country after them.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: hogville38 on July 08, 2014, 02:18:16 am
Say what you want. No he isn't. What we need is a steady supply of lineman on both sides and defensive backs. We will be ok either way with or without Gragg. Yes we want him and would be great but anyone who says a tightend is top priority for this team hasn't been watching the last two years.

have you read the reasons why people put him so high?
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Huds_HawgTide

tommy boy

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on July 08, 2014, 11:34:43 am
Exactly Tim harris

Tim's a good player, but not a position of need at this time.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hogberry Snortcake on July 08, 2014, 12:07:51 pm
Tim's a good player, but not a position of need at this time.

Plus his 40 time isn't all that impressive. He's got decent measurables though.

Huds_HawgTide

Mr harris is always in high demand
tommy boy

hogville38

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on July 08, 2014, 10:04:27 am

please explain significant playing time.

Huds_HawgTide

For a freshman rb at Bama he played a lot more then anyone here thought he would...I thought he would be redshirted
tommy boy

Huds_HawgTide

Getting any playing time at Bama as a freshman means alot
tommy boy

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on July 08, 2014, 01:01:10 pm
For a freshman rb at Bama he played a lot more then anyone here thought he would...I thought he would be redshirted

Right.  I'm calling BS on your claim that you thought he would be redshirted. No team or coach recruits a 4-star, healthy, running back with the intent on redshirting him.  It's a rare occasion when an "elite" running back is redshirted unless it's for medical reasons.   

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on July 08, 2014, 01:08:53 pm
Getting any playing time at Bama as a freshman means alot

It means a lot to any player for any team.  Something you probably never experienced. 

Country Stylz

I think Tenpenny sees plenty of carries as a JR and SR. He probably would have only played 3 years here.

Huds_HawgTide

July 08, 2014, 08:14:24 pm #43 Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 11:02:36 pm by Huds_HawgTide
Henry elite...tenpenny good...call bs all u want Collins would of got more carries here too
tommy boy

Prestworthy

Quote from: Tim Harris on July 08, 2014, 10:53:11 am
Regardless of who we already have in the class you have to put KJ Hill and Will Gragg at the top of the list.  They are both elite players who have every school in the country after them.
I disagree.  Petrino recruited lots of good wide receivers, but wide receivers can't play LB, OL, or DL.  That's why we are so thin in certain positions.  With two TEs already committed, I wouldn't be upset about losing Gragg.  He's a great player, but not a significant need.

Huds_HawgTide

Your missing the flipping point...if gragg chooses Ole miss I think hill goes if gragg chooses Bama hill goes there or auburn....if gragg chooses ark hill comes here...with major potential to land other highly sought after kids at the opening or under Armour all American bowl and other such things...gragg isn't just a third tight end guys...gragg is arkansas family arkansas bred and a great pedigree in his family's genes...he has a great personality and is extremely well liked by recruits across the south...Cantrell could possibly play defense...Grady is like a big slot type and gragg can fill out to a dj williams...we don't get kids like this every yr and we are going to land them both anyway so quot your damn  bitching bout what u think we need or don't need...most of us think we r taking 3 tight ends regardless of landing him...end of conversation
tommy boy

Huds_HawgTide

You all love Jarius Wright, Chris Gragg, and Greg Childs but somehow the Lil brother of one of them has moreceived offers then all three combined and is very close to all three isn't a need...yall are damn crazy sometimes
tommy boy

ZERO

No one is necessarily wrong in that argument. We need defensive players more than anything, because that's where we're hurting the most (besides QB, but we have highly ranked players here already and a highly ranked one in the pipes. We've done what we can), but at the same time, we're from a state that historically produces few elite prospects every year. You snag up any one of them you can because, theoretically, they SHOULD be the easiest picking, AND you can't afford to pass up on any high tier player when in our recruiting situation just because their position isn't the one of the most need. Not to mention our system utilizes TE's a crap ton, so we really can't have too much depth at TE. Make no mistake, Gragg is a top priority - as he should be.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Huds_HawgTide

Thank someone that makes sense...ppl arguing with me...I put barnett and Haughton in front of gragg but gragg could be the difference in landing a hill and a barnett and perhaps a top lb outta Texas or Louisiana or Mississippi just from his status and relationships and personality...he could.very well be the biggest get period...he has almost 50 offers...he is going to visit five big time programs that will also have big time recruits there that he will no doubt get along with...he will be in an all American game the opening maybe another hog camp to get work in with ty storey...I mean he can be the magnetic field we lack in capturing a few we normally wouldnt
tommy boy

hogville38

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on July 08, 2014, 11:00:18 pm
Your missing the flipping point...if gragg chooses Ole miss I think hill goes if gragg chooses Bama hill goes there or auburn....if gragg chooses ark hill comes here...with major potential to land other highly sought after kids at the opening or under Armour all American bowl and other such things...gragg isn't just a third tight end guys...gragg is arkansas family arkansas bred and a great pedigree in his family's genes...he has a great personality and is extremely well liked by recruits across the south...Cantrell could possibly play defense...Grady is like a big slot type and gragg can fill out to a dj williams...we don't get kids like this every yr and we are going to land them both anyway so quot your damn  bitching bout what u think we need or don't need...most of us think we r taking 3 tight ends regardless of landing him...end of conversation
only one here whinning is you cause someone doesn't agree with you.DJ Williams? Really?