Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tevin Beanum

Started by WBC Hog, July 05, 2014, 06:13:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WBC Hog

I ran into Tevin yesterday while at work. I didn't recognize him but I definitely noticed him, standing a good 6'5-6'6 and a solid 250+ and all muscle. He was decked out in Razorback apparel and I had the privilege of helping him with some things around the store. We spoke for a solid 15 minutes and the first thing that stood out was how well spoken he was. I'm a young guy and I'm rarely referred to as "sir" so he immediately gained some respect from me. We talked about his new position coach, Segrest, asking him what he thought of him and he was so happy to have him as coach. He literally praised Segrest for how great of a coach he was. ( I like to hear that from a player since I have saw several people on here say they're not too fond of that hire.) We of course talked about the season and how he thought we would be and he said "we will shock some people this year since we're flying under the radar." (I know we have all had our opinions on how the season will go but to hear an opinion like that from a player is a little different.) The last thing we spoke about was Will Gragg. Not to bash Gragg at all, Tevin said Austin Cantrell is the best TE he has seen out of all the guys the coaching staff has had on campus this offseason for camps. I know we have heard this before from RD, just providing y'all with the conversation we had. He likes our odds with both Will and KJ though.

I became a bigger fan of Beanum yesterday because he was such a nice, genuine guy. He's definitely Uncommon! WPS

chitwnhog

Quote from: WBC Hog on July 05, 2014, 06:13:17 pm
I ran into Tevin yesterday while at work. I didn't recognize him but I definitely noticed him, standing a good 6'5-6'6 and a solid 250+ and all muscle. He was decked out in Razorback apparel and I had the privilege of helping him with some things around the store. We spoke for a solid 15 minutes and the first thing that stood out was how well spoken he was. I'm a young guy and I'm rarely referred to as "sir" so he immediately gained some respect from me. We talked about his new position coach, Segrest, asking him what he thought of him and he was so happy to have him as coach. He literally praised Segrest for how great of a coach he was. ( I like to hear that from a player since I have saw several people on here say they're not too fond of that hire.) We of course talked about the season and how he thought we would be and he said "we will shock some people this year since we're flying under the radar." (I know we have all had our opinions on how the season will go but to hear an opinion like that from a player is a little different.) The last thing we spoke about was Will Gragg. Not to bash Gragg at all, Tevin said Austin Cantrell is the best TE he has seen out of all the guys the coaching staff has had on campus this offseason for camps. I know we have heard this before from RD, just providing y'all with the conversation we had. He likes our odds with both Will and KJ though.

I became a bigger fan of Beanum yesterday because he was such a nice, genuine guy. He's definitely Uncommon! WPS

Thanks you for relating your story. Great to hear some first hand good news about the Razorbacks.

jgphillips3

The one thing I can say hands down is it does seem that Bielema and this staff gets high character guys.  The way these young men conduct themselves is impressive.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: WBC Hog on July 05, 2014, 06:13:17 pm
I ran into Tevin yesterday while at work. 

Excellent post... +1

FYI... Due to a "Typo of Legend" the cool kids would title this post "I just Tevin Beanum"  ;)

Ask Steven Hill...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

chitwnhog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on July 06, 2014, 10:14:19 am
Excellent post... +1

FYI... Due to a "Typo of Legend" the cool kids would title this post "I just Tevin Beanum"  ;)

Ask Steven Hill...

I Just...  is a Hogville tradition not employed as much as it should be now days.

MuskogeeHogFan

Sounds like a nice young man and a good representative to the community of the Arkansas football program.

I expect him to have a positive outlook for the season, it shows that the kids are buying in to Bielemas approach to football.

I think we nabbed Cantrell before anyone else was clued in about him and I think he is a "sleeper". I think he will do very well at Arkansas.
Go Hogs Go!

three hog night

The coaches seem to think Tevin is a DE that can fill the void after the glut of DE's leave the program.  We signed entirely too many DE's with Winston, Wise, etc.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

whippersnapper

I like hearing this. A friend of mine has mentioned once that when a coach starts pointing out improved GPA and character type deeds it means we are going to be awful. I think it's the opposite with Bielema.  As for Cantrell, when you watch his video they line him up at running back and hand him the ball. So even if he can't be a tight end maybe fullback

jjdlc

Quote from: whippersnapper on July 06, 2014, 11:44:44 amAs for Cantrell, when you watch his video they line him up at running back and hand him the ball. So even if he can't be a tight end maybe fullback

I talked to several people who know and have watched Cantrell play, and they are surprised he isnt being recruited as a DE.  Apparently he is very good on D as well.  General consensus is he is a freak athlete, could play several positions, and would probably be a 4 star if he played in a higher classification.

Hoggish1

Quote from: whippersnapper on July 06, 2014, 11:44:44 am
I like hearing this. A friend of mine has mentioned once that when a coach starts pointing out improved GPA and character type deeds it means we are going to be awful. I think it's the opposite with Bielema.  As for Cantrell, when you watch his video they line him up at running back and hand him the ball. So even if he can't be a tight end maybe fullback

If he keeps his speed, he could become a great MLB...

BPsTheMan

athletes are recruited to gain weight and move closer to the ball

hawgmasta

Quote from: Hoggish1 on July 06, 2014, 04:50:48 pm
If he keeps his speed, he could become a great MLB...

Ohhh yeah here we go!!

GolfnHog

Say what you want but we've had some great "personal contact" reports filtering in over the past couple of months and each one has the same theme. Well mannered, helpful and humble.

Not to jinx this trend, but it sure is a nice not to see the early morning news report from the WCSO that another Hog was incarcerated for some offense. It's baby steps and they are going in the right direction. I'm willing to bet that this trend also translates to better/greater productivity on the field over the next couple of seasons.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Paul

Quote from: jgphillips3 on July 05, 2014, 10:52:06 pm
The one thing I can say hands down is it does seem that Bielema and this staff gets high character guys.  The way these young men conduct themselves is impressive.
Impressive

nwahogfan1

Love this report.  I heard when we recruited Tevin that he was like a 4.0 GPA student.

I too am glad CBB is signing good people as well as good football players.  It means they will probable stick around 4 or 5 years, get their degree, stay out of trouble plus become smarter and better football players.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: three hog night on July 06, 2014, 10:46:27 am
The coaches seem to think Tevin is a DE that can fill the void after the glut of DE's leave the program.  We signed entirely too many DE's with Winston, Wise, etc.

You can never have too many DE's . . . we could use more Defensive Tackles, but that doesn't mean we have too many DE's.