Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I just KJ Hill

Started by BatesvilleHOG, July 04, 2014, 10:38:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: Hoggy on July 08, 2014, 02:07:53 pm
So you guys think 6-1 200 is huge?  You must have thought Marcus Monk was a giant.  I doubt if K.J. is gonna care if a fan thinks he's not "huge"

Its not, but compared to most kids coming out of high school it is. I was lucky enough to have a friend who was the head trainer for a gym that most of the top players in little rock trained (Joe Adams, dyer, two nickels etc.) I have always been shocked at how small a lot of major recruits were. Honestly was shocked how lazy most we're also. I love Joe Adams, but after watching him work before he got to the hill I thought he would be a bust.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

BigSexyHog

I don't consider 6'1 200 pounds huge either.  That's good size but not huge.  I would kill to be 6'1 200 and in shape.  Currently I am 5'11 265.... I consider huge/big whatever 6'4 or up weighting 250 +.  Now that's some big right there.  6'1 200 is perfect for a WR.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Music City Hog

KJ putting really slow 40 times at the opening.

ricepig

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 08, 2014, 08:42:07 pm

Think everyone will pull their offers.....

4.61 isn't far off his times.

redeye

I thought he pulled up on his first attempt.

Music City Hog

Quote from: ricepig on July 08, 2014, 08:43:31 pm
Think everyone will pull their offers.....

4.61 isn't far off his times.

4.61 on turf earlier today when everyone was running fast times.  He just ran a 4.74 laser timed on grass. That's not good.

PorkRinds

RD suggested a possible injury. But his sparq score is pretty darn good.

ricepig

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 08, 2014, 08:51:48 pm
4.61 on turf earlier today when everyone was running fast times.  He just ran a 4.74 laser timed on grass. That's not good.

4.61 was his time on his second run on grass, lighten up.

Music City Hog

Quote from: ricepig on July 08, 2014, 08:53:43 pm
4.61 was his time on his second run on grass, lighten up.

Lighten up?  I'm just telling you what he ran.   Those times are't great.  I didn't do it. I just said what the facts were.  Don't shoot the messenger

ricepig

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 08, 2014, 08:55:21 pm
Lighten up?  I'm just telling you what he ran.   Those times are't great.  I didn't do it. I just said what the facts were.  Don't shoot the messenger

Yet, you failed to mention his second time, fact.

Music City Hog

Quote from: ricepig on July 08, 2014, 08:57:47 pm
Yet, you failed to mention his second time, fact.

Because it hadn't been posted yet.  His second was a 4.61, which, spoiler alert:  also is very blah for an sec WR.   Go peruse some of the times DEs and LBs were running.

Bubba's Bruisers

40 time notwithstanding, just bring Hill to the hill.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ricepig

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 08, 2014, 09:07:21 pm
Because it hadn't been posted yet.  His second was a 4.61, which, spoiler alert:  also is very blah for an sec WR.   Go peruse some of the times DEs and LBs were running.

Well, if you look on Rivals I believe they have his time as 4.59, he isn't a speed burner, did you think he was? You didn't answer my question, do you think schools will pull their offers over his time??

Music City Hog

Quote from: ricepig on July 08, 2014, 09:11:44 pm
Well, if you look on Rivals I believe they have his time as 4.59, he isn't a speed burner, did you think he was? You didn't answer my question, do you think schools will pull their offers over his time??

No I don't think schools will pull offers unless he waits too long and they get other WRs.

Music City Hog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on July 08, 2014, 09:11:38 pm
40 time notwithstanding, just bring Hill to the hill.

I'd like that as well.  It isn't JUST about speed.  We have recruited some burners that have done nothing. I was just shocked at how poorly his times were.  I didn't expect 4.3 like some guys but I kinda thought he would average better than high 4.6s

hogfan14

He didn't have a great 40 but his shuttle was good, which means he's more agile than fast.

Joe Adams didn't run a great 40 either

Music City Hog

Quote from: hogfan14 on July 08, 2014, 09:36:33 pm
He didn't have a great 40 but his shuttle was good, which means he's more agile than fast.

Joe Adams didn't run a great 40 either

Good point. I agree speed isn't the only thing.

Hogeration

What happened to him at opening. Gragg asking everyone pray for Hill's speedy recovery.

Uncommon

Quote from: Hogeration on July 11, 2014, 10:18:56 am
What happened to him at opening. Gragg asking everyone pray for Hill's speedy recovery.
Think he took a shoulder to the jaw during 7 on 7 play.  Probably an injury to his jaw.  Think he had a bag of ice he was putting on it after he played in the championship game.  Tough kid.

Laughing Hog

Quote from: ricepig on July 05, 2014, 06:49:50 pm
Nah, it's hair on their legs, if they've got hair on their legs in the 7th grade, they're  all but done growing.
LOL, yea I forgot about that one. But then again, the only time I'm looking for hair on legs, is when I checking out some woman. No hairy legs, armpits or fat chicks allowed.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

BrokenArrowHogs

Some you guys are a trip.  4.61 is still FAST - especially for a kid 200ilbs or more.  Gimme a break.  This kid is plenty fast enough to be a playmaker. 

ARtillahog

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 08, 2014, 08:55:21 pm

And K.J. ends up with the top play from the Opening where he out jumps and then jukes one of the top CBs in the nation and then out runs the safety.