Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I just KJ Hill

Started by BatesvilleHOG, July 04, 2014, 10:38:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BatesvilleHOG

KJ stopped by my fireworks tent in Bryant a little while ago. I saw him and Will Gragg at a distance during Riverfest in May and let me tell ya, when you get up close, KJ is huge! I'm about 5'11 and you could tell he was an easy 6'1 200+. No wonder the kid has so many offers from big schools. He would be a HUGE pick up should he pick the Hogs.

After purchasing some Dixie dynamites and black cat bottle rockets I asked him, "you gonna call the Hogs man?" And he replays with a half smile, "I'm thinking about it."

That's all I've got folks. Your monthly subscription will be a $10 gas card sent directly to my PO Box. Hope you all had a great 4th of July

hawgsmellgud

Happy fourth! I, for one, appreciate this update. I+1
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

hawgsmellgud

Uh, listen about that +1 thing. Well I'm drunk and hit -1. Who cares about karma anywAy. Good post.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

The_Hog_Father

July 04, 2014, 11:33:36 pm #3 Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 05:35:41 am by Pigs in Zen
Quote from: hawgsmellgud on July 04, 2014, 11:16:50 pm
Uh, listen about that +1 thing. Well I'm drunk and hit -1. Who cares about karma anywAy. Good post.

If you make a mistake, you can change it quickly and it will register your smite/applaud. Happy 4th of July. :razorback:

prattville pig

Life's too short to last long.

Hawgzinbowlz

We need KJ to create fireworks on the field.

" GO HOGS "

RazorWhacker

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on July 04, 2014, 10:38:39 pm
KJ stopped by my fireworks tent in Bryant a little while ago. I saw him and Will Gragg at a distance during Riverfest in May and let me tell ya, when you get up close, KJ is huge! I'm about 5'11 and you could tell he was an easy 6'1 200+. No wonder the kid has so many offers from big schools. He would be a HUGE pick up should he pick the Hogs.

After purchasing some Dixie dynamites and black cat bottle rockets I asked him, "you gonna call the Hogs man?" And he replays with a half smile, "I'm thinking about it."

That's all I've got folks. Your monthly subscription will be a $10 gas card sent directly to my PO Box. Hope you all had a great 4th of July

This is a good sign for us. One of my neighbor's cousins knows Nick Saban's wife's friend's niece and said he is NOT a black cat man!

I couldn't afford a gas card so I just put $10 worth of gas  in a coffee can and drove off without paying. Just pm me where to send it.

WPS!

snoot hoggy hog

Should have told him that he committed on the spot that he could set your fireworks stand on fire.

muddhogger

I have to think that in the end KJ and Will gragg will both be calling the hogs. I think they are just enjoying the process. I can't blame them, I would do the same thing.

ldfergu

Quote from: muddhogger on July 05, 2014, 10:41:34 am
I have to think that in the end KJ and Will gragg will both be calling the hogs. I think they are just enjoying the process. I can't blame them, I would do the same thing.

I hear ya. But the same was said for the last two whiffs.. I think they are looking for improvement this season. If I were them and the hogs won 3 games again I'd be lookin elsewhere. 6 wins and I think we snag em!

jabohog

I think Gragg likes the Hogs, not to sure on KJ. Sure hope they come here.

muddhogger

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on July 05, 2014, 10:55:46 am
I hear ya. But the same was said for the last two whiffs.. I think they are looking for improvement this season. If I were them and the hogs won 3 games again I'd be lookin elsewhere. 6 wins and I think we snag em!
I agree...I think wins wins be a major factor and also for KJ I think he wants to see how many times we put the ball on the air.

Uncommon

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on July 05, 2014, 10:55:46 am
I hear ya. But the same was said for the last two whiffs.
Which two prospects are you talking about?  Out of the last two recruiting classes, 3 of the 15 in-state players we offered signed elsewhere.

In 2012, only 1 in-state player that was offered signed with another school and that was North Little Rock RB Altee Tenpenny.  He verbally committed to Alabama VERY EARLY in the process (before NSD for the previous year).  I don't think he was enjoying the process.  He had already made up his mind and wasn't going to budge.

In 2013, 2 in-state players out of 7 that we offered signed with other schools.  Those were Springdale Har-Ber DT Josh Frazier and Rogers LB Zach Wary.  Josh was the one that was enjoying the process by looking around.  I don't know how we didn't sign Zach.  Either:
A. Wanted to go out of state
B. Wanted to go to a more prestigious academic institution.
C. Was asked to greyshirt

So the only in-state player that we offered and signed somewhere else that was enjoying the process that I know of was Josh Frazier

Nipsey Mussle

The "no wonder he has so many offers" comment seems odd to me. I'm not sure that his size has been a big factor in getting offers. I'm 6'2 205, why am I not getting more offers? Lol. Maybe I'm wrong, I just don't consider 6'1 200 (if that is indeed it) to be elite size for a major D1 WR.
I'm glad to hear he is growing though b/c when I saw him in December he looked like the 190 he's listed at was actually pretty generous.

ldfergu

Quote from: Uncommon on July 05, 2014, 11:08:41 am
Which two prospects are you talking about?  Out of the last two recruiting classes, 3 of the 15 in-state players we offered signed elsewhere.

In 2012, only 1 in-state player that was offered signed with another school and that was North Little Rock RB Altee Tenpenny.  He verbally committed to Alabama VERY EARLY in the process (before NSD for the previous year).  I don't think he was enjoying the process.  He had already made up his mind and wasn't going to budge.

In 2013, 2 in-state players out of 7 that we offered signed with other schools.  Those were Springdale Har-Ber DT Josh Frazier and Rogers LB Zach Wary.  Josh was the one that was enjoying the process by looking around.  I don't know how we didn't sign Zach.  Either:
A. Wanted to go out of state
B. Wanted to go to a more prestigious academic institution.
C. Was asked to greyshirt

So the only in-state player that we offered and signed somewhere else that was enjoying the process that I know of was Josh Frazier

I was referring to Tenpenney and Frazier

Break & Run

Quote from: BBsTheMan on July 05, 2014, 02:07:05 pm
The "no wonder he has so many offers" comment seems odd to me. I'm not sure that his size has been a big factor in getting offers. I'm 6'2 205, why am I not getting more offers? Lol. Maybe I'm wrong, I just don't consider 6'1 200 (if that is indeed it) to be elite size for a major D1 WR.
I'm glad to hear he is growing though b/c when I saw him in December he looked like the 190 he's listed at was actually pretty generous.

Take that one step further...

This analysis says 6' 1.25" is the AVERAGE height of the Top 25 WRs in the NFL.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

KVG

He will likely grow some more. He is still only 16.

Uncommon

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on July 05, 2014, 02:36:35 pm
I was referring to Tenpenney and Frazier
I agree with you on Frazier in that we whiffed on an in-state player enjoying the process but Tenpenny, I think, did the right thing.  If, in his mind, Alabama was his dream school and he knows he isn't going to go to Arkansas, verbally commit to Alabama early.  That way it doesn't leave us out to dry and we know we'll need to look elsewhere for a player who plays his position.  Also, what do fans remember more, someone who chose a different school very early in the process or in January leading up to NSD.

Although I would've loved Altee to have been a Razorback, I felt like the way he handled committing to another program and the timing of it was beneficial for Arkansas and himself.

BatesvilleHOG

Quote from: BBsTheMan on July 05, 2014, 02:07:05 pm
well I said that in mind that everyone has seen him play or see his tape. He looks a lot smaller on film and has done a lot of bulking since. He looks the part in person that's for sure.

yraciv

Good to hear you sell Black Cats.

I was about to say You're gonna stand there, ownin' a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistlin' bungholes, no spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser?

pondwater jack

Quote from: prattville pig on July 05, 2014, 12:52:16 am
Huge get!
This.  Huge GET!!!  Question:  Prattville Pig do you think that Gragg paired with Hill on the same day would qualify as a program changing GET?

PWJ
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

BatesvilleHOG

Quote from: yraciv on July 05, 2014, 04:48:01 pm
Good to hear you sell Black Cats.

I was about to say You're gonna stand there, ownin' a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistlin' bungholes, no spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser?
hah! Someone actually sent me that a few days ago on Facebook. Gotta love Joe Dirt

ricepig

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on July 05, 2014, 05:14:41 pm
hah! Someone actually sent me that a few days ago on Facebook. Gotta love Joe Dirt

Firecrackers haven't been fun since the banned M-80's....

Laughing Hog

Quote from: KVG on July 05, 2014, 04:11:01 pm
He will likely grow some more. He is still only 16.

At that age, if you knew his shoe size, it would more times than not tell you if he will have any more growth spurts. If he has 9.5, probably done growing, size 12, probably has some more to go.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

ricepig

Quote from: Laughing Hog on July 05, 2014, 06:45:09 pm
At that age, if you knew his shoe size, it would more times than not tell you if he will have any more growth spurts. If he has 9.5, probably done growing, size 12, probably has some more to go.

Nah, it's hair on their legs, if they've got hair on their legs in the 7th grade, they're  all but done growing.

Huds_HawgTide

I'm sorry it may just be me but if the team canned again this yr I'd choose them even more because if I come in and turn it around I'm not just a great player I'm a folk hero and savior
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

RNHog

Funny how he transferred to NLR but still hangs around in Bryant so much. I saw him in the Bryant Walmart around Christmas.

The real Hogules

Now this is the kind of inside info that people on other sites pay $$ for!
Thanks for sharing!

XD
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

hawgsmellgud

He is around Bryant a lot. I'm from Bryant and I saw him. He was huge.

Big Get.

Woo pig.

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on July 05, 2014, 11:01:06 pm
I'm sorry it may just be me but if the team canned again this yr I'd choose them even more because if I come in and turn it around I'm not just a great player I'm a folk hero and savior

I bet dollars to doughnuts that Ty, Will, KJ, Jamario, Deon, and a slew of other in-staters along with 'ol Zach have been discussing just that: Coming together and producing something amazing. They know they have the talent to do it. If they were to come in and follow up our past seasons with a couple of Cotton Bowl or better seasons, they will be remembered as heros.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on July 05, 2014, 09:31:49 am
Should have told him that he committed on the spot that he could set your fireworks stand on fire.

hellz yes..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

prattville pig

Quote from: pondwater jack on July 05, 2014, 05:10:49 pm
This.  Huge GET!!!  Question:  Prattville Pig do you think that Gragg paired with Hill on the same day would qualify as a program changing GET?

PWJ

This would be a very HUGE program changing get!!
Life's too short to last long.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: prattville pig on July 06, 2014, 11:54:37 am

This would be a very HUGE program changing get!!

HPCG!!!

Woo pig.

pillowhog

LMFAO last time I checked 6-1 200 isnt huge unless you are a mexican

BatesvilleHOG

Quote from: pillowhog on July 06, 2014, 05:37:01 pm
that was very racist of you. I'd like to see you walk up to KJ Hill and say he's small compared to everyone except Mexicans.

Boston RedHogs

Is this a serious comment....because if it is you should be ashamed...

hawgsmellgud

July 06, 2014, 09:03:07 pm #37 Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 10:53:31 pm by hawgsmellgud

You haven't been around a lot of D1 skill players. I should say prospects, al lot of them look small in person as an 17-18 year old.

GEO-HOG

6-1 200 is plenty big annnnnnd he runs a 4.4.  I'm not really understanding backlash at those stats

ricepig

Quote from: GEO-HOG on July 07, 2014, 12:01:43 pm
6-1 200 is plenty big annnnnnd he runs a 4.4.  I'm not really understanding backlash at those stats

Or 4.59, depends on the service, but whatever it is, it's good enough.

mhuff

Thanks for showing the love.

pillowhog

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on July 06, 2014, 07:55:00 pm

Is this a serious comment....because if it is you should be ashamed...
Yea its a serious comment.  Have you not seen many mexicans man?  Most are about 5-6

mhuff

Quote from: pillowhog on July 07, 2014, 03:17:30 pm
Yea its a serious comment.  Have you not seen many mexicans man?  Most are about 5-6

Better cut your losses.

BatesvilleHOG

Quote from: pillowhog on July 07, 2014, 03:17:30 pm
hope you've enjoyed your stay on Hogville, I don't believe you'll be here much longer.

secneahog

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on July 07, 2014, 04:22:48 pm
hope you've enjoyed your stay on Hogville, I don't believe you'll be here much longer.

We can only hope.

Pillow taking a jab at a Arkansas recruit. Imagine that. Hope kj doesn't read this crap.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

pillowhog

Quote from: secneahog on July 07, 2014, 05:54:43 pm
We can only hope.

Pillow taking a jab at a Arkansas recruit. Imagine that. Hope kj doesn't read this crap.
How in the world did I take a jab at an Arkansas recruit?  Are you for real?  Me saying that a kid that is 6-1 200 isnt HUGE is taking a jab at a kid?  What a joke

secneahog

Quote from: pillowhog on July 08, 2014, 10:14:52 am
How in the world did I take a jab at an Arkansas recruit?  Are you for real?  Me saying that a kid that is 6-1 200 isnt HUGE is taking a jab at a kid?  What a joke

Comparing him to a Mexican, and laughing because you say he's not huge. Your a joke.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

hawgsmellgud

you are clueless.

BatesvilleHOG

being a genuine smart a doesn't help your cause either. There is no room for that mess here

Hoggy

So you guys think 6-1 200 is huge?  You must have thought Marcus Monk was a giant.  I doubt if K.J. is gonna care if a fan thinks he's not "huge"