Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anything New with Justin Bailey?

Started by scooby21322, July 04, 2014, 10:17:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scooby21322

Right after he was at the Arkansas camp, he was added to ESPN's 300 list.  ESPN and 247 still show no offers, however.  Has anyone heard if CBB has any interest? 

redeye

I believe RD said that he didn't think Bailey would receive an offer, although I don't recall if he said that explicitly or implicitly.  I hope we don't miss on a great one, but I have no reason not to trust our coaches, yet.

Seebs

Time to get information on his grades. That could explain a lot. I wish him and any Arkansan well, just curious about his endorsement from Luckinbill and why it has not parlayed into major recruitment.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Peter Porker

Quote from: scooby21322 on July 04, 2014, 10:17:11 pm
Right after he was at the Arkansas camp, he was added to ESPN's 300 list.  ESPN and 247 still show no offers, however.  Has anyone heard if CBB has any interest?

He was moved up because of his Dallas sparq 40 time which is highly questionable.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Hawkinsas

Quote from: Peter Porker on July 05, 2014, 07:13:20 am

He was moved up because of his Dallas sparq 40 time which is highly questionable.

Don't you wish your sons had that problem?

Hawkinsas

Bailey is my cousin,  his problem right now is grades.  I taken him to all the camps he's been to inclincluding Arkansas. CBS told me personally that Justin reminds him of Korliss Marshall, blazing speed, good RB, very raw, a lil too stiff in the hips for DB. He recommended that he take to correspondence courses over the summer, which he is taking now, to replace/offset a couple of grades that he made his freshman year in high school. He also said if he get his grades in order it will change his life. 

The conversation was unsolicited,  he checked his transcript between the 1st and 2nd session of camp, kinda hinted to the possibility of an offer if he can get his grades on order, but never said for certain.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Hawkinsas on July 05, 2014, 10:50:14 am
Bailey is my cousin,  his problem right now is grades.  I taken him to all the camps he's been to inclincluding Arkansas. CBS told me personally that Justin reminds him of Korliss Marshall, blazing speed, good RB, very raw, a lil too stiff in the hips for DB. He recommended that he take to correspondence courses over the summer, which he is taking now, to replace/offset a couple of grades that he made his freshman year in high school. He also said if he get his grades in order it will change his life. 

The conversation was unsolicited,  he checked his transcript between the 1st and 2nd session of camp, kinda hinted to the possibility of an offer if he can get his grades on order, but never said for certain.

Let your cousin know I'm rooting for him to get his grades in order.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Hawkinsas on July 05, 2014, 10:33:01 am
Don't you wish your sons had that problem?

Lol. You know that's  why he was moved up on espn. That's all espn does is base everything off of combines. It's not like Tom Lugenbil actually watches these guys play.

I hope Justin gets it going in the classroom and has an outstanding year and signs with the school of his choice.

I still think the sparq 40 is questionable.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Hawkinsas

Quote from: Peter Porker on July 05, 2014, 11:06:41 am
Lol. You know that's  why he was moved up on espn. That's all espn does is base everything off of combines. It's not like Tom Lugenbil actually watches these guys play.

I hope Justin gets it going in the classroom and has an outstanding year and signs with the school of his choice.

I still think the sparq 40 is questionable.

If his is sparq numbers are questionable all the other participants numbers are too...he ran the 40 3 times at the sparq combine all 4.4 range or better, 4.35 at ASU, 4.41 at SEMO, 4.41 at Arkansas on what CBB described as a very slow track....I went through the recruiting process with my younger brother several years ago and met a lot of major D1 coaches, all of them that I've talked said they would offer on the spot if he had the grades and to keep them updated on the situation with his grades...so you are one of the few who questions his speed or ability on the football field

redeye

Quote from: Peter Porker on July 05, 2014, 07:13:20 am

Are you thinking of Tyler Phillips of NLR?

I seriously doubt that ESPN automatically puts players in their ESPN 300 just for having good SPARQ ratings.  If that were true, then where is Phillips in the ESPN 300?

Peter Porker

Quote from: redeye on July 05, 2014, 12:29:47 pm
Are you thinking of Tyler Phillips of NLR?

I seriously doubt that ESPN automatically puts players in their ESPN 300 just for having good SPARQ ratings.  If that were true, then where is Phillips in the ESPN 300?

He's another with a suspect 40 time at the sparq combine.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Hawkinsas on July 05, 2014, 11:38:36 am
If his is sparq numbers are questionable all the other participants numbers are too...he ran the 40 3 times at the sparq combine all 4.4 range or better, 4.35 at ASU, 4.41 at SEMO, 4.41 at Arkansas on what CBB described as a very slow track....I went through the recruiting process with my younger brother several years ago and met a lot of major D1 coaches, all of them that I've talked said they would offer on the spot if he had the grades and to keep them updated on the situation with his grades...so you are one of the few who questions his speed or ability on the football field

How many sparq combines has he been to?

Never questioned his ability on the football field.

It's hard for me to believe someone can run a laser 4.3 and not break 11.2 on the track. Just sayin.

Again, I'm not knocking the young man. The sparq is laser with a handheld start. It's  supposed to be slower than a handheld 40, yet his was faster. This is not personal at all. If he gets his grades up and becomes a Hog I will be happy for him and cheer him on. Please understand that. I want Arkansas kids to succeed. I want the ones that havethe ability to play at the SEC level to be Hogs. I hope Justin gets there. My gripe is with the sparq, not Justin.

ckhawgu

Quote from: Hawkinsas on July 05, 2014, 11:38:36 am

Pulling for Justin to get those grades right and get that HOG offer!!!

hawgwash

Thanks for the informative post.  +1.  Good luck to your cousin in getting his grades brought up.

scooby21322

Quote from: ckhawgu on July 05, 2014, 03:24:23 pm
Pulling for Justin to get those grades right and get that HOG offer!!!

As am I. 

orgkeith

Quote from: Peter Porker on July 05, 2014, 01:59:55 pm
How many sparq combines has he been to?

Never questioned his ability on the football field.

It's hard for me to believe someone can run a laser 4.3 and not break 11.2 on the track. Just sayin.

Again, I'm not knocking the young man. The sparq is laser with a handheld start. It's  supposed to be slower than a handheld 40, yet his was faster. This is not personal at all. If he gets his grades up and becomes a Hog I will be happy for him and cheer him on. Please understand that. I want Arkansas kids to succeed. I want the ones that havethe ability to play at the SEC level to be Hogs. I hope Justin gets there. My gripe is with the sparq, not Justin.
Mc Fadden ran in the 11.+ when he was in high school.  Some kids tie up after the first 40 to 50 yards. 

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Good luck to him and you as well. Thanks for the candid information. I hope he has a great career at Arkansas, but beyond that I hope he can get his grades up and make it anywhere. He has the gifts to succeed in football. I hope he can use them to earn the tools to succeed in life beyond his dreams...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Hog on the Hill

Quote from: Peter Porker on July 05, 2014, 01:54:20 pm
He's another with a suspect 40 time at the sparq combine.
Well, Tyler Phillips just beat his Dallas SPARQ 40 time at The Opening.  So is his 40 time still suspect?

1highhog

I hope this young man the best with his grades, he has evidently the speed and also has a nifty little spin move and a quick little juke that would only get better at RB/U.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Seebs on July 05, 2014, 07:11:44 am
Time to get information on his grades. That could explain a lot. I wish him and any Arkansan well, just curious about his endorsement from Luckinbill and why it has not parlayed into major recruitment.

Man naw... Nobody needs to hound this kid or any other kid. The issue could be a hundred bad things, drugs, school, character, bad knees, small ass, or we could simply just have all we are after in his position. Either way I don't want to put a stink on any Arkansas kid or push one away who may be working hard for an offer...

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HogInFlorida

Quote from: orgkeith on July 06, 2014, 11:11:42 am
Mc Fadden ran in the 11.+ when he was in high school.  Some kids tie up after the first 40 to 50 yards.

In fairness, Mcfadden got a lot faster when he got to UA. Seemingly overnight. His high school film never impressed me like Adrian Peterson or Reggie Bush did. He was good, but nowhere NEAR what he looked like in college. His college tape was easily as good or better than both of them but his high school tape is just like a lot of other "good" high school players IMO.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

GEO-HOG

Danny West tweeted something about some big schools showing interest in Justin. I'll have to look to and I'll post it