Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What states do you think Arkansas should recruit harder?

Started by Sweet Feet, July 04, 2014, 01:28:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweet Feet

Quote from: ReddieHawg on July 05, 2014, 02:31:29 pm
The problem is not recruiting arkansas kids, the problem is damn little rock. It seemed like not too long ago, our entire offensive and defensive lines were from little rock...that was the last time we won the SEC west. Little rock is not producing the athletes that it should.
Agree on that. Blame the LRSD. If they would have the organization as NWA, way more athletes would be recruited. Central Arkansas is jackpot for instate athletes.

three hog night

Quote from: Sweet Feet on July 05, 2014, 04:05:31 pm
Agree on that. Blame the LRSD. If they would have the organization as NWA, way more athletes would be recruited. Central Arkansas is jackpot for instate athletes.

The LRSD has ruined high school sports and mostly in Football.    LR provided most of our talent for decades prior to the 90's.   The 90's gangs and LRSD policy changes wrecked sports and extracurricular activities.  It is much easier to get 13 kids that will drive across town to practice basketball, than it is to keep 80 kids active and driving across town for a football team
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

three hog night

We are already showing an increased focus upon Texas again.  Florida is looking quite good for us now.  The state that needs the increased emphasis is LOUISIANA.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 

Sweet Feet

Quote from: three hog night on July 06, 2014, 10:50:07 am
The LRSD has ruined high school sports and mostly in Football.    LR provided most of our talent for decades prior to the 90's.   The 90's gangs and LRSD policy changes wrecked sports and extracurricular activities.  It is much easier to get 13 kids that will drive across town to practice basketball, than it is to keep 80 kids active and driving across town for a football team
Exactly, and it hurts because i see athletes at hall and mcclelan everyday that either have no guidance or coaching. They are way better than 1 win a season. Because of that, all of the athletes who do wanna play end up goin to nlr, pa, cac, mills, or one of the saline county schools. LR is too full of talent to be doing this

carolinahogger

Quote from: 1highhog on July 05, 2014, 02:28:44 am

I feel this staff can can get a couple out of Mizzou, but frankly, I've never been overly excited by recruits from the show me state. 

Gary Anderson called.  He wants you to reconsider.

HogFanatic

I actually agree with those who are suggesting Samoa and Hawaii.

Samoans are the largest people on the planet, racially speaking, and while we here tend to think places in the Pacific Islands are beautiful, and a sort of paradise, a lot of these kids grow up wanting to go see the Mainland. They also love them some football out there. There are certainly good recruits to be pulled from these places.

three hog night

Quote from: Sweet Feet on July 06, 2014, 11:01:04 am
Exactly, and it hurts because i see athletes at hall and mcclelan everyday that either have no guidance or coaching. They are way better than 1 win a season. Because of that, all of the athletes who do wanna play end up goin to nlr, pa, cac, mills, or one of the saline county schools. LR is too full of talent to be doing this

LRSD has to get pressure to improve.  If you live in LR and love LR, then you should start an email campaign to fix the issues.

ChicoHog

New Jersey that high is surprising.  I say we hit California JCs every year.  Lots of kids out here originally from the south that went JC route due to grades or other issues and have improved themselves academically and physically and want to prove they can play in the SEC. 

hawgwild child

rzrbackramsfan

I think we should be less worried about states and more about just identify the top talent and recruiting wherever they may be, which this state has practically done... I agree with what they're doing now. Tx, fl, atl.

MJ2

chitwnhog

Quote from: three hog night on July 06, 2014, 10:46:53 pm
LRSD has to get pressure to improve.  If you live in LR and love LR, then you should start an email campaign to fix the issues.

North Little Rock actually has made huge strides in community and school support of sports. One can hope that the LRSD will follow suit.

rickm1976

Jafo

LZH

Quote from: three hog night on July 06, 2014, 10:50:07 am

After reading that special piece in the ArkDemGaz on the LRSD and athletics a few months ago, I was completely flabbergasted at how bad it has gotten.  I knew it was bad, but had no idea just how bad.

texas tush hog

Quote from: jvanhorn on July 05, 2014, 11:49:11 am
I personally think we could be doing a lot better job in Memphis and Tulsa than we are currently doing.

I agree with Tulsa, but I think this staff is doing a good job there. Over the last forty years Memphis has been a dry hole for the most part other than in basketball during the Nolan years. We are getting about 1% return for our efforts in football in the Memphis Metro area. Too much Tiger High corruption to do much good there,

Sweet Feet

Quote from: LZH on July 08, 2014, 11:59:42 pm
After reading that special piece in the ArkDemGaz on the LRSD and athletics a few months ago, I was completely flabbergasted at how bad it has gotten.  I knew it was bad, but had no idea just how bad.
oh its awful. Rediculous. Hall, mcclelan, and fair average one win a season for nearly the past 10 seasons. Parkview is slowly declining back to how it was. Lrch is the only school thats been ok in recent years.

SquidBilly

We need to be recruiting the California high schools, not just the jucos.  If you took the 300th best player from Cali in 2015 and put him on an Arkansas HS team he'd instantly become a top five Recruit for the state of Arkansas if not top three.  Tons of kids out there ripe for the taking.

RT1941

Quote from: Sweet Feet on July 09, 2014, 08:28:09 am
oh its awful. Rediculous. Hall, mcclelan, and fair average one win a season for nearly the past 10 seasons. Parkview is slowly declining back to how it was. Lrch is the only school thats been ok in recent years.
I'd like to see that article from the ArkDemGaz - I can't seem to find it on their archives.
RazorTusk!!!!

Sweet Feet

Dumb ole famrboy

Eastern Europe. 700 million population of untapped athletic potential.

Tequilin' Time

HiggiePiggy

Iran and Iraq have got to have some talent that's worth dying for.....
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

chitwnhog

Quote from: Hoggin in NYC on July 09, 2014, 12:03:12 pm
New Jersey:   where H'Ville Legends are made.

Heheheheh...for sure. Didn't realize Vinny ended up at TCU.