Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What states do you think Arkansas should recruit harder?

Started by Sweet Feet, July 04, 2014, 01:28:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweet Feet

Athletes are everywhere. However, do you think there is one area/state that could have diamonds but we are attacking hard enough? Area wise, i feel we need to attack the pine bluff area harder. State wise, i say alabama and MAYBE ohio for certain lineman positions

Inhogswetrust

I'm surprised you didn't say go wherever the little doggies go to recruit....................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Deep Shoat

Texas and Florida should both be big emphases.  Obviously, Arkansas needs to be recruited  heavily, but wisely.  Other than that, where ever we can get good players.

All Gas, No Brakes!

ncrebel

Well, y'all need me, I'll be putting pictures of my arse on the internet.

Sweet Feet

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 04, 2014, 01:36:14 pm
I'm surprised you didn't say go wherever the little doggies go to recruit....................................
Whos the little doggies?

tophawg19

we have increased efforts into Louisianna and Georgia , so i say Mississippi . ton of kids , close to us . MIZZOU  would be another as would OKLAHOMA
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Sweet Feet on July 04, 2014, 02:46:10 pm
Whos the little doggies?

Scavengers of the lowest order.........................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Sweet Feet

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 04, 2014, 03:23:46 pm
Scavengers of the lowest order.........................................
....and this relates to the question how?...this isn't a biology topic lol

Torqued pork

Iwastherein1969

The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Torqued pork on July 04, 2014, 03:43:39 pm
Louisiana, Missouri and Mississippi.
Mississippi kids can't do the class work.  Not worth the effort, as a group. 
All Gas, No Brakes!

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

Hogs run wild

We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

Hawghiggs

Louisiana, Missouri, and Texas. Every year we should bring in 6-10 players from Arkansas, 2-4 players from Missouri, and 5-10 players from each of Louisiana, and Texas.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Louisiana and Missouri and we need to develop arkansas football in the south a whole lot better. 

texas tush hog

As of right now I believe this staff could not recruit any harder than they are currently doing. I have been in the hip pocket of several staffs and this one has the best philosophy of any I have ever been around. In state followed by border kids that show interest then branching out to Florida and Texas. You just can't do it any better. Most Bama, Georgia and Louisiana kids stay in state but we are getting our share. Trust this staff, they know how to recruit.

opineonswine

Quote from: Deep Shoat on July 04, 2014, 03:50:32 pm
Mississippi kids can't do the class work.  Not worth the effort, as a group.

AND they have too many options...I would also pass on Miss.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Hawghiggs on July 04, 2014, 04:26:21 pm
  Louisiana, Missouri, and Texas. Every year we should bring in 6-10 players from Arkansas, 2-4 players from Missouri, and 5-10 players from each of Louisiana, and Texas.

If you bring in more than five or six in state kids, it is a banner year in the state but those can be red shirted and developed better.

JIHawg

States we've had success-Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Missouri, Georgia and Florida.  Add Memphis.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

HiggiePiggy

We really should be hitting the northeast corner of Maine and the northwest corner of Alaska......
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

ricepig

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on July 04, 2014, 06:58:09 pm
We really should be hitting the northeast corner of Maine and the northwest corner of Alaska......

And everything in between.

Athog

Jek Tono Porkins

Vermont, Connecticuit, Rhode Island, North Dakota, and Montana.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

redeye

I would say Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri and Kansas, but we already seem to be recruiting them harder.  We need to be having more success in Kansas City, so that may be somewhere we need to concentrate on.

Also like what we're doing in SEC states, but considering how Georgia produces the most SEC players, I wonder if we're spending enough time there.

Razorback_Mack

redeye

Quote from: Gulf_Hog on July 04, 2014, 02:53:28 pm
i haven't seen the stats lately, but a few years back Louisiana was behind only Florida, Texas and California with D-1 talent level. And in fact they produced more D-1 athletes per capita than those states. We border the state and should be able to sign more of these North Lousiana kids anyway it seems to me.

Louisiana produces a lot per capita, but I don't think they put out as many football players as Georgia, Ohio and maybe a couple of others you didn't mention.

Quote from: texas tush hog on July 04, 2014, 05:02:23 pm
As of right now I believe this staff could not recruit any harder than they are currently doing. I have been in the hip pocket of several staffs and this one has the best philosophy of any I have ever been around. In state followed by border kids that show interest then branching out to Florida and Texas. You just can't do it any better. Most Bama, Georgia and Louisiana kids stay in state but we are getting our share. Trust this staff, they know how to recruit.

At first I was a little skeptical of where they were concentrating their efforts, but I think they're picking all the right places now.  But I disagree that most Georgia players stay in state or Georgia would be cleaning up better then they are now.  Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Tennessee and SC all feed on Georgia players, along with most every other SEC and ACC team, which is why I wonder if we should concentrate more there.  Taver Johnson seemed to be hitting Georgia hard when he was here, but who's our main recruiter there, now?

Btw, shouldn't this thread be in the recruiting forum?

ICEman

Not a state but is a US protectorate:  Samoan Islands.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Hogarusa

Doesn't matter where it is, just matters who they are recruiting
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

redeye

Quote from: lowberh on July 05, 2014, 12:08:38 am
Doesn't matter where it is, just matters who they are recruiting

Coaches build relationships that help them recruit, so  it does matter some.

1highhog

This staff is already doing an excellent job of recruiting instate kids and trying to get them better by first, having coaching clinics for all high school coaches yo attend.  They are also trying hard to develop strong relationships with Coaches throughout the state that had been really let go by the last few Coaches we've had.  I was saying at the start of last year that this staff needed to hit the Pine Bluff area harder, it was like they read my rants on here about the previous staffs lack of recruiting Pine Bluff and some south Arkansas kids, and it's not just Gragg either, I'd love to have him, but there are several in Pine Bluff and Warren has another crop coming up again.

This staff has recruited Florida as good as any SEC program could recruit it, and it's showing results.  I believe we'll always be able to get about 4 or so from Texas, I now fully believe we can get the same amount or more from Florida.  We have been able to usually get two from Louisiana, and we seem to be able to get three or so from Oklohoma.  That leaves Mizzou, Mississippi, and the Memphis area.  I feel this staff can can get a couple out of Mizzou, but frankly, I've never been overly excited by recruits from the show me state.  Mississippi, I think this staff knows that there are way to many options for players there to go to, both instate, and surrounding, not worth the hassle.  The Memphis area has never been that good for us, I still feel the same way.  This staff has ties still to where they can pull players out of some of the Northern states where Bielema used to have a strong presence and they have used this well, this may dry up as time moves on, but as we resume the Dallas game with A/M and are now playing a home in home with the Raiders, this staff is showing they're getting ready to open up bigger into Texas again.

So far, this staff has my full support because they've shown the willingness to work their asses off recruiting, encouraging every kid they think even has a slight chance of developing into an SEC caliber player, they're leaving no one behind.  It's also up to our instate Coaches to get better at their job and to alert the Hogs when they have a player that has potential.

LZH

Uncommon

This is our 5 hour circle (edges of circle are approximately 5 hours worth of driving) - http://www.freemaptools.com/radius-around-point.htm?clat=36.0625795&clng=-94.1574263&r=563.27&lc=FFFFFF&lw=1&fc=00FF00&fs=true

There are 13 states that are located within the circle:
Alabama (if you zoom in, you'll see that the circle barely reaches Alabama)
Arkansas
Illinois
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Mississippi
Missouri
Nebraska
Oklahoma
Tennessee
Texas

I'd say if we sign 7 or more players from a state, it qualifies as a pipeline state.  Here is the location breakdown for our Top 85:

2014 Arkansas Razorbacks
Alabama
1.   Trey Flowers
2.   Darius Philon
3.   JaMichael Winston

Arizona
1.   Allan D'Appollonio
2.   Cody Hollister
3.   Demetrius Wilson

Arkansas
1.   Austin Allen
2.   Brandon Allen
3.   Tevin Beanum
4.   Alex Brignoni
5.   Tyler Colquitt
6.   Brey Cook
7.   Marcus Danenhauer
8.   Juan Day
9.   Brooks Ellis
10.   Jake Hall
11.   Hunter Henry
12.   Bijhon Jackson
13.   Chris Jones
14.   Jack Kraus
15.   Josh Liddell
16.   Korliss Marshall
17.   Davyon McKinney
18.   Braylon Mitchell
19.   Drew Morgan
20.   Grady Ollison
21.   Mitch Smothers
22.   Jeremy Sprinkle
23.   Alan Turner
24.   Jeremy Ward

California
1.   Patrick Arinze
2.   Sam Irwin-Hill
3.   Kendrick Payne
4.   Chris Stringer
5.   Carroll Washington

Colorado
1.   Dan Skipper

Florida
1.   Anthony Brown
2.   De'Andre Coley
3.   Alex Collins
4.   Kendrick Edwards
5.   Cornelius Floyd
6.   Denver Kirkland
7.   Ke'Tyrus Marks
8.   Randy Ramsey
9.   JoJo Robinson

Georgia
1.   Daunte Carr
2.   Tiquention Coleman
3.   Rohan Gaines
4.   Khalia Hackett

Hawaii
1.   Reeve Koehler
2.   Mitchell Loewen

Iowa
1.   Sebastian Tretola

Kansas
1.   AJ Derby
2.   Johnathan McClure
3.   Martrell Spaight
4.   Josh Williams

Louisiana
1.   Luke Charpentier
2.   Jared Cornelius
3.   Dwayne Eugene
4.   DeMarcus Hodge
5.   Otha Peters
6.   Santos Ramirez
7.   Henre' Toliver

Minnesota
1.   Frank Ragnow

Missouri
1.   Rafe Peavey
2.   Kody Walker
3.   Brian Wallace
4.   Armon Watts

Nevada
1.   Cameron Jefferson

New Jersey
1.   Damon Mitchell

Oklahoma
1.   Austin Beck
2.   Jared Collins
3.   Keon Hatcher

Tennessee
1.   Cordale Boyd
2.   Brandon Lewis

Texas
1.   DJ Dean
2.   Denzell Evans
3.   Eric Hawkins
4.   Cole Hedlund
5.   Will Hines
6.   Taiwan Johnson
7.   Tevin Mitchel
8.   Alex Voelzke
9.   Jonathan Williams
10.   Deatrich Wise Jr.

24 Arkansas
10 Texas
9 Florida
7 Louisiana
5 California
4 Georgia, Kansas, Missouri
3 Alabama, Arizona, Oklahoma
2 Hawaii, Tennessee
1 Colorado, Iowa, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey

We've signed 7 or more players in only 3 states within our 5 hour circle: Arkansas, Louisiana, and Texas

So, I'd say we need to recruit better in the states of Alabama, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Tennessee.

Here's a location breakdown of the 50 players (on team) Coach Bielema and staff have signed:
Arizona
1. Cody Hollister

Arkansas
1. Austin Allen
2. Tevin Beanum
3. Alex Brignoni
4. Tyler Colquitt
5. Juan Day
6. Brooks Ellis
7. Jake Hall
8. Hunter Henry
9. Bijhon Jackson
10. Chris Jones
11. Jack Kraus
12. Josh Liddell
13. Korliss Marshall
14. Drew Morgan

California
1. Patrick Arinze
2. Sam Irwin-Hill
3. Kendrick Payne
4. Carroll Washington

Colorado
1. Dan Skipper

Florida
1. Anthony Brown
2. De'Andre Coley
3. Alex Collins
4. Kendrick Edwards
5. Cornelius Floyd
6. Denver Kirkland
7. Ke'Tyrus Marks
8. Randy Ramsey
9. JoJo Robinson

Georgia
1. Tiquention Coleman
2. Khalia Hackett

Hawaii
1. Reeve Koehler

Iowa
1. Sebastian Tretola

Kansas
1. AJ Derby
2. Johnathan McClure
3. Martrell Spaight
4. Josh Williams

Louisiana
1. Jared Cornelius
2. Dwayne Eugene
3. Santos Ramirez
4. Henre' Toliver

Minnesota
1. Frank Ragnow

Missouri
1. Rafe Peavey
2. Brian Wallace
3. Armon Watts

Nevada
1. Cameron Jefferson

New Jersey
1. Damon Mitchell

Texas
1. DJ Dean
2. Denzell Evans
3. Cole Hedlund

14 Arkansas
9 Florida
4 California, Kansas, Louisiana
3 Missouri, Texas
2 Georgia
1 Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Iowa, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey

Pipeline states: Arkansas and Florida

Iwastherein1969

now I see the problem based on the above posts and the breakdown of our recruiting...we recruit WAY, WAY, WAY too many players from Arkansas...good God almighty we don't play the type of HS football that every other state in the SEC plays...there's not one state represented in the SEC that plays worse HS football than Arkansas (and that pains me greatly to say)....but if we want to be a top shelf program, the number of instate players must be at the very least cut in half...and I don't want lectures about DMAC, TWILSON, PEYTONH and the few others who excelled at Arkansas because I can give you at least 5 who was a total bust for 1 who may have contributed to the program....we MUST kick butt in Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi( I don't give a dam about those who think they can't do the classroom work because Mississippi produces some great interior linemen on both sides of the ball, all positions where we are lacking)...sorry, I love my home state, but not to the exclusion of winning football games

Uncommon

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on July 05, 2014, 11:03:03 am
now I see the problem based on the above posts and the breakdown of our recruiting...we recruit WAY, WAY, WAY too many players from Arkansas...good God almighty we don't play the type of HS football that every other state in the SEC plays...there's not one state represented in the SEC that plays worse HS football than Arkansas (and that pains me greatly to say)....but if we want to be a top shelf program, the number of instate players must be at the very least cut in half...and I don't want lectures about DMAC, TWILSON, PEYTONH and the few others who excelled at Arkansas because I can give you at least 5 who was a total bust for 1 who may have contributed to the program....we MUST kick butt in Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi( I don't give a dam about those who think they can't do the classroom work because Mississippi produces some great interior linemen on both sides of the ball, all positions where we are lacking)...sorry, I love my home state, but not to the exclusion of winning football games
I don't think so.  I think you sign at least 6 a year from the state of Arkansas (approximately a 1/4 of your class) and with us only having 24 Arkansas players, that means on average (24/5), we're signing approximately 5 a year.  So actually, we've under recruited our own state a little bit.

Braylon Mitchell
Alan Turner

Brandon Allen
Brey Cook
Marcus Danenhauer
Davyon McKinney
Grady Ollison
Mitch Smothers

Jeremy Sprinkle
Jeremy Ward

Austin Allen
Tevin Beanum
Alex Brignoni
Brooks Ellis
Hunter Henry
Chris Jones
Korliss Marshall
Drew Morgan

Tyler Colquitt
Juan Day
Jake Hall
Bijhon Jackson
Jack Kraus
Josh Liddell

I agree with all of your other points.  We have to get better in the surrounding states and that will happen with more wins as neighboring states will begin recognizing Arkansas's successes instead of the Mississippi schools, LSU, and Texas A&M.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Uncommon on July 05, 2014, 11:19:14 am
I don't think so.  I think you sign at least 6 a year from the state of Arkansas (approximately a 1/4 of your class) and with us only having 24 Arkansas players, that means on average (24/5), we're signing approximately 5 a year.  So actually, we've under recruited our own state a little bit.

I agree with all of your other points.  We have to get better in the surrounding states and that will happen with more wins as neighboring states will begin recognizing Arkansas's successes instead of the Mississippi schools, LSU, and Texas A&M.
if we Razorback fans want to compete at the highest levels, well, having the majority of your players coming from my home state is not the ticket by which we can get where we need to be...the numbers 80 and 26 keep ringing in my ears...that was the score to the Euless Trinity (Dallas) when they played Shiloh Christian...at that time, Shiloh was the top ranked program in Arkansas....and if you read about the game, you would realize that Euless started taking out starters midway through the second quarter, not second half, but second quarter.....Euless could have put up triple digits on Shiloh as easily as I can walk into McDonalds and get a medium order of french fries....we either must vastly improve the quality of football in Arkansas (which is basically impossible) or recruit more players from out of state...of course unless we are satisfied with the current state of affairs, which I am not

Hawghiggs

Quote from: Uncommon on July 05, 2014, 09:27:40 am
This is our 5 hour circle (edges of circle are approximately 5 hours worth of driving) - http://www.freemaptools.com/radius-around-point.htm?clat=36.0625795&clng=-94.1574263&r=563.27&lc=FFFFFF&lw=1&fc=00FF00&fs=true

That is a great find. One of the places I'd like to point out is Lee's summit Missouri. That school has been a pipeline for Nebraska for years now. We need to get a recruit from their. 

Sweet Feet

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on July 05, 2014, 11:32:12 am
if we Razorback fans want to compete at the highest levels, well, having the majority of your players coming from my home state is not the ticket by which we can get where we need to be...the numbers 80 and 26 keep ringing in my ears...that was the score to the Euless Trinity (Dallas) when they played Shiloh Christian...at that time, Shiloh was the top ranked program in Arkansas....and if you read about the game, you would realize that Euless started taking out starters midway through the second quarter, not second half, but second quarter.....Euless could have put up triple digits on Shiloh as easily as I can walk into McDonalds and get a medium order of french fries....we either must vastly improve the quality of football in Arkansas (which is basically impossible) or recruit more players from out of state...of course unless we are satisfied with the current state of affairs, which I am not
That euless trinity and shiloh game was tragic. I was almost hoping trinity put up 90-100 pts. Texas football is on a way higher level than arkansas football

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

jvanhorn

I personally think we could be doing a lot better job in Memphis and Tulsa than we are currently doing.

Mike_e

Quote from: 1highhog on July 05, 2014, 02:28:44 am
This staff is already doing an excellent job of recruiting instate kids and trying to get them better by first, having coaching clinics for all high school coaches yo attend.  They are also trying hard to develop strong relationships with Coaches throughout the state that had been really let go by the last few Coaches we've had.  I was saying at the start of last year that this staff needed to hit the Pine Bluff area harder, it was like they read my rants on here about the previous staffs lack of recruiting Pine Bluff and some south Arkansas kids, and it's not just Gragg either, I'd love to have him, but there are several in Pine Bluff and Warren has another crop coming up again.

This staff has recruited Florida as good as any SEC program could recruit it, and it's showing results.  I believe we'll always be able to get about 4 or so from Texas, I now fully believe we can get the same amount or more from Florida.  We have been able to usually get two from Louisiana, and we seem to be able to get three or so from Oklohoma.  That leaves Mizzou, Mississippi, and the Memphis area.  I feel this staff can can get a couple out of Mizzou, but frankly, I've never been overly excited by recruits from the show me state.  Mississippi, I think this staff knows that there are way to many options for players there to go to, both instate, and surrounding, not worth the hassle.  The Memphis area has never been that good for us, I still feel the same way.  This staff has ties still to where they can pull players out of some of the Northern states where Bielema used to have a strong presence and they have used this well, this may dry up as time moves on, but as we resume the Dallas game with A/M and are now playing a home in home with the Raiders, this staff is showing they're getting ready to open up bigger into Texas again.

So far, this staff has my full support because they've shown the willingness to work their asses off recruiting, encouraging every kid they think even has a slight chance of developing into an SEC caliber player, they're leaving no one behind.  It's also up to our instate Coaches to get better at their job and to alert the Hogs when they have a player that has potential.

+1
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: tusked on July 05, 2014, 11:46:10 am
texas texas texas texas texas and some more texas.

Anywhere that the athletes are that we need, but that should include dipping into Texas as well, along with Oklahoma, Louisiana, maybe Mississippi, Tennessee, occasionally to Kansas for JC's and Missouri, who produces on average no more Div I recruits each year than Arkansas, and going wherever we need to go to get recruits across the nation. Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, Alabama, California, Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Ohio...wherever.
Go Hogs Go!

ErieHog

These sorts of threads are no-win ones.

If you don't get 8+ of the Top 10 in Arkansas, you aren't  'building a fence';  if you aren't getting 5+ a year from Texas,  you are letting our traditional recruiting base outside the state down;  if you don't get 3+ a year from Florida, you aren't getting into the best talent in the country;  if you aren't getting 4+ from Louisiana/Mississippi,  you aren't fighting LSU on their own turf for great athletes; if you aren't getting 2+ from Metro Atlanta, you aren't establishing/maintaining a presence in the largest talent base in the South;  if you aren't getting 2 JUCO guys, you are letting our JUCO pipelines dry up;  if you aren't getting 2 or 3 Top 150 recruits in addition to these, you aren't bringing in the difference makers--- and that's before touching our relationships with a few schools in Oklahoma, expanding recruiting in Missouri, making inroads in Alabama or Tennessee.

The scholarship limit in any year is 25.    You've already got 26 players, plus 4 additional states people will piss and moan about not recruiting hard enough. 

You cannot win with a state quota system.    It is even less relevant than stars.   You go where the talent is.
No cause, ever, in the history of all mankind, has produced more cold-blooded tyrants, more slaughtered innocents, and more orphans than socialism with power. It surpassed, exponentially, all other systems of production in turning out the dead. The bodies are all around us. And here is the problem: No one talks about them. No one honors them. No one does penance for them. No one has committed suicide for having been an apologist for those who did this to them. No one pays for them. No one is hunted down to account for them. It is exactly what Solzhenitsyn foresaw in The Gulag Archipelago: "No, no one would have to answer. No one would be looked into." Until that happens, there is no "after socialism."

Uncommon

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on July 05, 2014, 11:32:12 am
if we Razorback fans want to compete at the highest levels, well, having the majority of your players coming from my home state is not the ticket by which we can get where we need to be
I agree that high school football is better in the surrounding states but I believe that keeping the top 6 players in Arkansas every year is crucial as the Top 6 in Arkansas are SEC caliber every year.  Once you get outside that Top 6, there is some drop off.

Hogwild

NFL PLAYER BREAKDOWN BY STATE 2013 season
1. California 225
2. Florida 186
3. Texas 184
4. Georgia 95
5. Ohio 74
6t. Louisiana 63
6t. New Jersey 63
8. Pennsylvania 58
9. South Carolina 54
10. Virginia 50
11. Alabama 48
12. North Carolina 46
13. Michigan 43
14. Illinois 37
15. Tennessee 35
16. Mississippi 32
17. New York 28
18. Maryland 25
19. Missouri 24
20. Wisconsin 22

Jek Tono Porkins

The problem is not recruiting arkansas kids, the problem is damn little rock. It seemed like not too long ago, our entire offensive and defensive lines were from little rock...that was the last time we won the SEC west. Little rock is not producing the athletes that it should.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

chitwnhog

Quote from: ReddieHawg on July 05, 2014, 02:31:29 pm
The problem is not recruiting arkansas kids, the problem is damn little rock. It seemed like not too long ago, our entire offensive and defensive lines were from little rock...that was the last time we won the SEC west. Little rock is not producing the athletes that it should.

This is true and the reasons are many. The fact that many NWA folks put down LR the way they do doesn't help. The truth is that when it comes to Arkansas Football the whole state needs to be behind the program. Broyles understood this, too many now days don't get it.

Deep Shoat

Texas and Florida.

Why is this still being discussed?  This is the only answer.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Hawghiggs

Quote from: Hogwild on July 05, 2014, 12:13:26 pm
NFL PLAYER BREAKDOWN BY STATE 2013 season
1. California 225
2. Florida 186
3. Texas 184
4. Georgia 95
5. Ohio 74
6t. Louisiana 63
6t. New Jersey 63
8. Pennsylvania 58
9. South Carolina 54
10. Virginia 50
11. Alabama 48
12. North Carolina 46
13. Michigan 43
14. Illinois 37
15. Tennessee 35
16. Mississippi 32
17. New York 28
18. Maryland 25
19. Missouri 24
20. Wisconsin 22
So, Louisiana, Missouri, and Texas. With a touch of Arkansas and Florida.