Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ASU # 67 in Orlando Sentinel Countdown

Started by Seminole Indian, July 03, 2014, 08:03:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

always looked forward to over the years:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/blogs/college-gridiron-365/os-arkansas-state-red-wolves-ranked-no-67-20140618,0,882996.post

Any G5 program ranked above 80 in this, or any preseason prediction is doing a good job.

Considering their modest athletic budget I doubt any if any FBS program is getting as good a return on their investment in FBS football a ASU.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Dr. Starcs

I can hear the chants now from the hundreds of people at the red wolves games "we're #67, we're #67."

Seminole Indian

I think most of the 100's of fans that attend ASU games are happy with how their program is trending, as they should be.

Now if they were spending even a third the amount most FBS schools spend in pursuit of football glory, I think they would be much higher. Any G5 program ranked higher than the 80's is doing a good job, especially one with the modest budget ASU has.

If ASU can somehow come out of the first 4 games at 2-2 they could have an outstanding season. Should have another very good season and make a bowl game regardless.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

ricepig

If they had more than 100's of fans they might have more money. They're having to charge their students to build the indoor facility, having to move the Mizzou game to pay bills, yeah they happy, both of them.

pigture perfect

They have definitely improved from those teams of the late 90' and early 2000's.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Seminole Indian

July 04, 2014, 07:25:19 am #5 Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 08:29:30 am by Seminole Indian
Quote from: pigture perfect on July 04, 2014, 12:18:23 am
They have definitely improved from those teams of the late 90' and early 2000's.
Night and day, and the reason of course is talent. 

The majority of ASU recruits under Roberts, ASU would be their only FBS offer, or maybe they would have an offer from a school like ULM.

Not any more, the last three staffs have totally taken ASU's recruiting to another level, and the new staff, based on the most recent signing class  put together on the fly, are as good or better at recruiting. Almost every player signing with them in recent years has had multiple FBS offers, from schools the average fan would think are ahead of ASU on the FBS food chain.

They are one of the top G5 schools in this the most critical area when it comes to winning, and they have low player turnover.

It also helps that the fans come out and support the program and as a result the game day atmosphere at an ASU game is among the best in G5, which attracts fans and recruits, and when they complete their upgrades in facilities, which are game changers, it will be even better.

ricepig

Quote from: Seminole Indian on July 04, 2014, 07:25:19 am
Night and day, and the reason of course is talent. 

The majority of ASU recruits under Roberts, ASU would be their only FBS offer, or maybe they would have an offer from a school like ULM.

Not any more, the last three staffs have totally taken ASU's recruiting to another level, and the new staff, based on the most recent signing class  put together on the fly, are as good or better at recruiting. Almost every player signing with them in recent years has had multiple FBS offers, from schools the average fan would think are ahead of ASU on the FBS food chain.

They are one of the top G5 schools in this the most critical area when it comes to winning, and they have low player turnover.

It also helps that the fans come out and support the program and as a result the game day atmosphere at an ASU game is among the best in G5, which attracts fans and recruits, and when they complete their upgrades in facilities, which are game changers, it will be even better.

Too bad they don't have more "non"-fans like you. Of course, you are probably like the vast majority who do show up, they have "comp" tickets, or those given away by area businesses/factories.

Sweet Feet

Quote from: Seminole Indian on July 04, 2014, 07:25:19 am
Night and day, and the reason of course is talent
Imo , it never really was talent. Its always been there. Its just the coaching. The coaching has been poor in the 90s. Roberts was decent only because he was better recruiter. We saw the flashes of potential vs #4 Texas, Tennessee, texas a&m, and #13 iowa. The talent has been there. Coaching was only the issue. Theyve had 3 diff coaches who all took asu to a conf title, 2 of which orchestrated a 10 win season and 2 who set up bowl wins.