Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tweet from Coach Bielema

Started by WilsonHog, July 03, 2014, 04:46:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jkstock04

Ironically around the same time Bielema was quoted as saying losing was never acceptable. Probably the best thing I have ever heard him say.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Pork Twain

Quote from: Qadi999 on July 06, 2014, 08:27:27 am
Of course you would  were 3-9 ...im not so sure that would be the case if we were winning 10+ games a year and competing for NC. It always easy to be a moral advocator when that's all you have to advocate.
Sad outlook you have.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

lefty08

Quote from: jkstock04 on July 08, 2014, 12:30:32 pm
Depending on the context, yes they have. Most notably Jeff Long.

The nice way of putting it is that this is just where we are right now as a program...and when we start winning again this stuff will go away...essentially kids going to class won't be making headlines if we get back to winning 10 games.

You couldnt be more wrong with this statement, we actually have a coach who gives a rip about the kids he is in charge of. its about time and its refreshing
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

DLUXHOG

Honor & integrity.......  Two of the most valued character traits....  I want the Hogs to be back at NC level again, bad.....  But, if it means taking the shortcut to get there, I don't want it...   These two traits can and should be encouraged & instilled in all Razorback athletes.....regardless of the W-L record....   Winning will come, eventually, if our program values these character traits above all else.....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Chief Mac

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 04, 2014, 10:58:45 am
Bingo. +1000. And all these smoke Screens and excuses won't change the fact that we are losing.

so talking about something positive the players on the team are doing in the OFFSEASON is a smokescreen?  Come on Joe, get a grip.  Bet you wouldn't say this if it were Anderson saying it
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on July 08, 2014, 08:04:00 pm
so talking about something positive the players on the team are doing in the OFFSEASON is a smokescreen?  Come on Joe, get a grip.  Bet you wouldn't say this if it were Anderson saying it

Anderson HAS said it!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 08, 2014, 08:30:31 pm
Anderson HAS said it!

And I bet FCJ didn't say a bad thing about that.......................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi