Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tweet from Coach Bielema

Started by WilsonHog, July 03, 2014, 04:46:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Qadi999 on July 06, 2014, 07:56:41 am
Here is the problem that I have with everything you guys are saying. Had coach B brought in DGB here or any other Top Recruits with behavior problems and we were constantly winning 10 plus games a year For the most part nothing would be said by the fans. Most  fans would probable  say how proud they were that Coach B was giving these players a second chance. Most all collage Football fans are hypocrites ,they will say one thing one min and one thing the next. It's easy to hang your hat on off the field success when you can't do the same for on the field success. Its also easy to label someone not a fan that points out that Hypocrisy the Way that FCJ did.

There isn't only one way to do things.

In my mind, you evaluate each potential transfer on their own merits and situation. Some kids get steered in the wrong direction early in life and continue in that direction. Others realize the error of their ways and honestly want to change their lives and the way they have done things in the past. Believe it or not, some kids are absolutely crying out for a disciplined environment. Others are just so wrong headed and full of themselves that nothing will make them change. That is the dicey part...being able to evaluate who really wants to change and is willing to apply themselves to the work and committment that is involved to do so, and those who are just telling you what you want to hear.

I have no problem bringing in a kid who appears to have had a problem in the past if they truly want to change and will thrive in a disciplined environment. On the other hand, I have a real problem with bringing in a kid (no matter how talented) who isn't honestly willing to change their ways, because that kid can become a cancer in your locker room and on your team.

To me, that is what Bielema is trying to say. You want to have talented kids on your team but not at the cost of losing your locker room. It has to be evaluated on a case by case basis.
Go Hogs Go!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Qadi999 on July 06, 2014, 09:02:08 am
It was not just rumor and innuendo there were solid facts for why people were saying what they were saying but because he was a winning coach we were happy to see them as just  rumor and innuendo .so don't preach to me about how moral and non hypocritical you are ,cause we all are when it comes to this stuff.

What were they saying? They were questioning his truthfulness, flirting with Auburn, and abandoning Atlanta during the season. Most of that, at the time, could be explained away by a highly competitive coach looking to climb the ladder quickly.

Many on here felt if we kept him 5 years we would be lucky. So please advise what "issues" you speak of that we overlooked when he was hired?
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

chitwnhog

Quote from: ChitownHawg on July 06, 2014, 09:09:03 am
What were they saying? They were questioning his truthfulness, flirting with Auburn, and abandoning Atlanta during the season. Most of that, at the time, could be explained away by a highly competitive coach looking to climb the ladder quickly.

Many on here felt if we kept him 5 years we would be lucky. So please advise what "issues" you speak of that we overlooked when he was hired?

Noooo...Come on Locus just admit it. You are not a high character guy and you deep down want to win at all cost.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 06, 2014, 09:06:11 am
There isn't only one way to do things.

In my mind, you evaluate each potential transfer on their own merits and situation. Some kids get steered in the wrong direction early in life and continue in that direction. Others realize the error of their ways and honestly want to change their lives and the way they have done things in the past. Believe it or not, some kids are absolutely crying out for a disciplined environment. Others are just so wrong headed and full of themselves that nothing will make them change. That is the dicey part...being able to evaluate who really wants to change and is willing to apply themselves to the work and committment that is involved to do so, and those who are just telling you what you want to hear.

I have no problem bringing in a kid who appears to have had a problem in the past if they truly want to change and will thrive in a disciplined environment. On the other hand, I have a real problem with bringing in a kid (no matter how talented) who isn't honestly willing to change their ways, because that kid can become a cancer in your locker room and on your team.

To me, that is what Bielema is trying to say. You want to have talented kids on your team but not at the cost of losing your locker room. It has to be evaluated on a case by case basis.

Stated perfectly.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: Kc-Razor on July 06, 2014, 06:50:12 am
"If you are a true hog fan, then you watched all the games last year."

Wow, I dare say a lot of razorback fans did not watch "all the games last year".

It never ceases to amaze me how many people "think" they know whether you are a "TRUE FAN" or not.

You sir, have no clue as to who is a razor back fan and who isn't for the most part.
Without the so-called fan either saying so or exposing obvious behavior or comments that might lead to such determinations there is no way of knowing that.

There are in all likely-hood "many" so-called true fans that did not see all of the razorback games last year.

Work, vacations, being away from home or on the road for any number of reasons could have prevented seeing the games for many!

There are no specific rules for being a razorback fan. Your name does not have to be in the sidewalk, you can be one of the most dedicated razorback fans out there and not even be a "high school" graduate, let alone a graduate of the U of A.

Being a razorback fan is solely determined personally by each individual person, not by some posters on an internet web site.

"I know, you are a realist, and we suck. But, if you are a fan then you know we will win AT LEAST six, and I believe eight. Starting with auburn!!"

::)  Being a fan, (and I do believe you are) you do not know how many wins we will have. You hope we will have, at LEAST six and maybe eight (BIG difference in hoping and knowing).

All I'm saying us why in the hell do you follow something that puts you in such a bad mood? Something you don't believe in. You die are a much truer fan than I, do you feel better? Have some damn faith, my god.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

ChitownHawg

Quote from: DawgTownHog on July 06, 2014, 09:10:39 am
Noooo...Come on Locus just admit it. You are not a high character guy and you deep down want to win at all cost.

I know I am a scumbag at heart. I thought only my wife knew!  ;)

chitwnhog

Quote from: ChitownHawg on July 06, 2014, 09:11:59 am
I know I am a scumbag at heart. I thought only my wife knew!  ;)

My friends in Chicago have been telling me this for years and I wouldn't believe it!!! Why oh why wouldn't I listen to them????

ChitownHawg

Quote from: DawgTownHog on July 06, 2014, 09:13:26 am
My friends in Chicago have been telling me this for years and I wouldn't believe it!!! Why oh why wouldn't I listen to them????

There are several neighborhoods I am not allowed into, so that must be where your friends live. Woe is me... woe is the life of a no good.  ;D

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: nchogg on July 06, 2014, 09:02:58 am
I am a true hog fan. I did watch every game I could to the end. I am proud of the freshmen going to class. There have been so many players that did the right thing in the classroom and off the field. Some are in the NFL. People talk so negative about last season. We played with a hurt QB most of the season. Our backup QB could not handle the pressure. Yes we were so close in some games last year. I do enjoy not reading about off field issues for the first time in a long time. Coach Bret will win more than 3 games this season. I will not put a number on it but as a true fan I have faith in our team. There were coaching changes that will benifit the team this year. Wait and see where the team is at the end of September before you judge them. Coach keep up the good work and get the right players for our program. Winning is important and we will get there the right way. Go Hogs!

No man, we can't be true fans. If we were then we would just know that we will never win more than 3 again. True fans know that we will suck forever. Never going to get better.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

chitwnhog

Quote from: ChitownHawg on July 06, 2014, 09:16:24 am
There are several neighborhoods I am not allowed into, so that must be where your friends live. Woe is me... woe is the life of a no good.  ;D

Heheheheh....feels good to just give yourself over and not pretend anymore huh?

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: ChitownHawg on July 06, 2014, 07:00:06 am
Preach it Brother! +1

This is so dumb. His post did exactly what he was bitching about. All you true hog fans would rather bash other fans that are just having some hope. Loser mentality is strong here.

Qadi999

Quote from: DawgTownHog on July 06, 2014, 09:04:53 am
Ok you are right...ya got me. I am a win at all cost kinda guy and I only give lip service to all this "ethics" and "morals" stuff. You win!!! Good on ya!!! Pat yourself on the back and give yourself a reach around. You deserve it!!!
As a matter of fact I don't think your a win at all cost kind of guy all im saying is that we as fan tend to forgive and overlook thing we don't like or agree with if  were winning . And to blast Oklahoma or any other school for that matter for taking DGB  or for having a kid  get arrested  is Hypocritical.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Qadi999 on July 06, 2014, 09:24:58 am
As a matter of fact I don't think your a win at all cost kind of guy all im saying is that we as fan tend to forgive and overlook thing we don't like or agree with if  were winning . And to blast Oklahoma or any other school for that matter for taking DGB  or for having a kid  get arrested  is Hypocritical.

It all depends, as I said above. That being said, the onus will be on Oklahoma to either turn the kid around or live with the problem. Either way it has zero effect on us.
Go Hogs Go!

lefty08

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 06, 2014, 09:26:56 am
It all depends, as I said above. That being said, the onus will be on Oklahoma to either turn the kid around or live with the problem. Either way it has zero effect on us.

The best part is he will never play a down for them and they get to train him for free. At what cost to their lockerroom is still yet to be seen. Judging by his recent past alone you would have to say he doesnt care about much more than himself
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

chitwnhog

Quote from: Qadi999 on July 06, 2014, 09:24:58 am

Fair enough. Now...here is the problem I have with you. You wandered into this thread on your high horse telling "us" how we see and react to things. When I and some others said we were not of that ilk you responded by telling us we are wrong and chastised us. Now go back in this thread and show me where I posted anything...anything at all that puts Oklahoma down for giving DGB another chance. I'll wait...

nchogg

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on July 06, 2014, 09:18:05 am

No man, we can't be true fans. If we were then we would just know that we will never win more than 3 again. True fans know that we will suck forever. Never going to get better.

That reply put a tear in my beer and I don't drink. You are right. We will never win more than 3 games a year and as a true fan I know we wil suck forever and never going to get better. Now I feel better. What do I know. Just always wanting the best for the team.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: lefty08 on July 06, 2014, 09:35:26 am
The best part is he will never play a down for them and they get to train him for free. At what cost to their lockerroom is still yet to be seen. Judging by his recent past alone you would have to say he doesnt care about much more than himself

The thing is, none of us know for certain how he will turn out or what his intentions may be. Maybe he turns things around for himself at OU. I hope that is the case because I hate to see any kid (not just him) with so much natural talent waste what was a gift from God. Either way, as I said, it has no effect on us so though we may have been in the running for him at some point and many feel that he "played us" and still feel some animosity because of this, we need to let this go. It isn't very often that one player makes or breaks a program and since he isn't here, it is pretty much irrelevant to Arkansas.
Go Hogs Go!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on July 06, 2014, 09:22:46 am
This is so dumb. His post did exactly what he was bitching about. All you true hog fans would rather bash other fans that are just having some hope. Loser mentality is strong here.

Preach it Brother! +1

hog911

Quote from: Uncommon on July 03, 2014, 04:50:43 pm
Meanwhile, in Norman, OK, they signed a girl pusher.  Neato!

OOOOOklahoma where their players push girls down the stairs.

Why are their so many self righteous people on hogville? Have you ever heard of forgiveness? Only one was perfect and guess what it wasn't you!!!! You up hold people like Jeff Long who made a national media event out of firing Bobby Petrino, all along claiming humility and integrity! Do you understand the meaning humility and integrity? I will assure you Jeff Long doesn't! It's only a matter of time until he pays for his sins too!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hog911 on July 06, 2014, 10:51:33 am
Why are their so many self righteous people on hogville? Have you ever heard of forgiveness? Only one was perfect and guess what it wasn't you!!!! You up hold people like Jeff Long who made a national media event out of firing Bobby Petrino, all along claiming humility and integrity! Do you understand the meaning humility and integrity? I will assure you Jeff Long doesn't! It's only a matter of time until he pays for his sins too!

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 06, 2014, 09:46:19 am
The thing is, none of us know for certain how he will turn out or what his intentions may be. Maybe he turns things around for himself at OU. I hope that is the case because I hate to see any kid (not just him) with so much natural talent waste what was a gift from God. Either way, as I said, it has no effect on us so though we may have been in the running for him at some point and many feel that he "played us" and still feel some animosity because of this, we need to let this go. It isn't very often that one player makes or breaks a program and since he isn't here, it is pretty much irrelevant to Arkansas.

Nuff said. And this has nothing to do with Jeff Long, so just get off that point.
Go Hogs Go!

opineonswine

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on July 04, 2014, 11:27:25 am
5-4
4-5
3-7
4-6
5-5-1
5-7
3-9

The first year records at Arkansas of current and future Hall of Fame coaches Bezdek, Schmidt, Wyatt, Broyles, Ford, Petrino, and Bielema.

When you have the facts, pound the facts.  When you have the law, pound the law.  When you have neither, pound the table.

That is excellent, excellent presentation of the facts.  Course the table pounders around here won't hear it.

opineonswine

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 04, 2014, 11:31:06 am
This is not about the coach. i like coach B and believe he will get the job done with time. this mess never should have happen in the first place. I miss coach Broyles so much.

SMH

hogblitz

Shoatysmalls..... So, I should be banned for stating an opinion with no harsh words towards an individual.  You just called me out and made it personal!   What's amazing is you are right. I will probably get banned for stating an opinion.  While you attack posters with no repercussion while calling them a Piss Ant!

Augustus

Quote from: TejasPete on July 05, 2014, 09:01:22 am
We'll see who is still happy with our players going to class if we go 3 - 9 or 4 - 8 again.

As opposed to having us in the news for assaulting some dude outside a bar (and having a Team Meeting to decide whether he can play)? Multiple pot arrests? Pushing some girl? And most recently, hitting a girl and breaking bones in her face?

Yeah... I'm not ready to sign on to "winning at any cost"...

Augustus

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on July 05, 2014, 11:47:17 am
this program has sunk to new lows when fans are satisfied with 3 or 4 wins...yes, the poster is "FINE WITH THAT" is how he described a 3 win season...I enjoy the idea of having intelligent, well-behaved young men on our team who do well in the class room...but we are not, nor will we ever be a Vanderbilt or an Ivy League higher institution of learning...why the Razorback Foundation would run drier than the Smackover Creek bottom in late August if we don't begin to improve on the number of wins per year given reasonable expectations...whatever happened to the Bielema who boldly stated he was going to give Arkansas and it's fans something they have never had before, an SEC football championship ?  Seems like our coach is lowering expectations on the sly....if this type of rhetoric continues from our head coach it simply means forget the SEC championships I promised you, just take a look at our grade point average and how much it's improved....it's going to be a long 5 years or so if GPA is our ultimate goal

I don't think it's that extreme. It was one tweet, at the end of the academic year, where a professor was bragging about 6 of our players.

I doesn't mean Bret is shifting his dialogue to "Well look at the GPA, and arrest records are way down... SO SMILE!"

It just means, "hey...our players are continuing to develop... everything I've said regarding performance will come true (If fans give it time)... oh, and by the way, they're impressing their professors, too!"

I much more welcome that dialogue, than the Coach at Tech last week... having to explain "We have a no tolerance policy about Men football players breaking bones in the faces of our Women basketball players, by punching them"

three hog night

Forgiveness is a 2 way street.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

mckinneyhog5

This made me lol.  I didn't know FCJ's cousin was posting here too.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

PorkRinds

[attachment deleted by admin]

ifghog

3kgthog

Quote from: WilsonHog on July 06, 2014, 08:10:28 am
I'll keep it pretty simple.

I would rather support a 7-5 Music City Bowl team with players who do it the right way than a 12-0 team with players who don't.

If that ever happens and we go 12-0 with players of iffy character, I expect a video of you not cheering your butt off and instead walking out of the stadium in disgust.

You know that wouldn't be the case. It wouldn't be the case for any of us here in that moment.

Inhogswetrust

July 07, 2014, 07:20:37 am #130 Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 07:45:02 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Qadi999 on July 06, 2014, 08:27:27 am
Of course you would  were 3-9 ...im not so sure that would be the case if we were winning 10+ games a year and competing for NC. It always easy to be a moral advocator when that's all you have to advocate.

But that isn't ALL we are advocating. You think we are only concerned about wins. We are also concerned about the TOTAL program and each aspect of it. Moral advocates should always stick to their morals even in bad times and good. Otherwise they are nothing more than a hypocrite. IF you don't win the right way then you actually lose something more important than the final score of a game.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Forgiveness does not have the same definition as forgetfulness.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

WilsonHog

Quote from: 3kgthog on July 07, 2014, 06:50:31 am
If that ever happens and we go 12-0 with players of iffy character, I expect a video of you not cheering your butt off and instead walking out of the stadium in disgust.

You know that wouldn't be the case. It wouldn't be the case for any of us here in that moment.

I'm sure I would be. Doesn't mean I would feel good about the leadership of our program.

(1) Recruit high-character, uncommon young men;

(2) Set high standards of accountability for behavior, class attendance, and classroom performance, and uphold those standards; and,

(3) Win football games.

I'm not willing to sacrifice one for the other, but I'll certainly take fewer of (3) to get more of (1) and (2).

In fact, give me a man like Kenny Hatfield running our program, and if we never do any better than 8-4 I'll be great with it.

jkstock04

Building the program "the right way" is something that is said about every coach that is here up until the moment he is gone. It was said a million times under Petrino...especially when ya'll would try and defend his recruiting.

Personally..I'm honestly looking forward to the day when this winning isn't important stuff goes away. I understand that's just where we are right now as people will grasp at anything positive in light of the actual production of the team as as far as wins/losses are concerned. But the way I see it this stuff will go away when we start winning again. For a team like Vanderbilt I'm sure it's thats the norm all year every year, but I think the Hogs are better than that. I Look forward to that day...can't continue to suck forever.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hogsanity

Quote from: jkstock04 on July 07, 2014, 08:38:55 am
Building the program "the right way" is something that is said about every coach that is here up until the moment he is gone. It was said a million times under Petrino...especially when ya'll would try and defend his recruiting.

Actually, very, very few here ever claimed Petrino was building things in any way right or wrong. Most could see, even if they would not admit, that is recruiting was going to leave gigantic holes in key spots. What most of his fanboys did claim was that his brilliant offensive mind would overcome all his other deficiencies.  That worked as long as the other team did not have good defenses.  When they did have good d's, the Hogs would get their skulls cracked.

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

LZH

secfan30

http://youtu.be/yWkVa-_sd24

PorkRinds

Quote from: WilsonHog on July 07, 2014, 07:57:29 am
I'm sure I would be. Doesn't mean I would feel good about the leadership of our program.

(1) Recruit high-character, uncommon young men;

(2) Set high standards of accountability for behavior, class attendance, and classroom performance, and uphold those standards; and,

(3) Win football games.

I'm not willing to sacrifice one for the other, but I'll certainly take fewer of (3) to get more of (1) and (2).

In fact, give me a man like Kenny Hatfield running our program, and if we never do any better than 8-4 I'll be great with it.

Personally I think 1 and 2 get you to 3.

PorkRinds

Quote from: jkstock04 on July 07, 2014, 08:38:55 am

Personally..I'm honestly looking forward to the day when this winning isn't important stuff goes away. I understand that's just where we are right now as people will grasp at anything positive in light of the actual production of the team as as far as wins/losses are concerned. But the way I see it this stuff will go away when we start winning again. For a team like Vanderbilt I'm sure it's thats the norm all year every year, but I think the Hogs are better than that. I Look forward to that day...can't continue to suck forever.

No one has said winning isn't important except the people pissing on coach for celebrating the players off the field success.

Rey Pygsterio

Quote from: WilsonHog on July 03, 2014, 04:46:41 pm
@BretBielema: "Just saw an email from a professor bragging on six of our new freshman in class. Doing things the right way with the right people! #WoooPig"

Outstanding.

Wow, six naive new athletes are actually going to class!

In the words of Chris Rock, "That's what you're supposed to do. What do you want, a cookie?"
"Rey Pygsterio will slash the tires on your Flex Fuel Tahoe and slap your Bentonville princess wife in the face." - Latarian

PorkRinds

Quote from: Rey Pygsterio on July 08, 2014, 10:32:39 am

In the words of Chris Rock, "That's what you're supposed to do. What do you want, a cookie?"

I took it as their participation and performance in class, not their attendance. I know in my experience on the hill, athletes weren't usually the ones heavily participating in class. They sat in the back and didn't participate at all in my few classes I had with them.

ricepig

Quote from: Rey Pygsterio on July 08, 2014, 10:32:39 am

Well, we ain't UNC, so yeah, it's good.

Hogfly

I already said this in another thread, but I'll say it again as it seems appropriate here.

One of my relatives is working for the Hogs now as a recruit analyst. He has done similar work elsewhere, and he said that he's amazed at the caliber of recruits the Hogs are targeting for the most part as far as academics and character. Said for the most part they have excellent GPAs and an impressive resume of service and leadership at their high schools. He said this definitely isn't the norm from what he's seen elsewhere. #uncommon

LZH

I can't emphasize enough how nice it is to read a Bielema tweet that I can't complain about.

And as for all you "win at all costs" proponents, don't be ridiculous.  When a kid gets caught with a bag of weed, or skips a couple of classes, or pops some moron in the nose in a bar fight - those are the kids you give a second chance to.

Not the habitual trouble-making wannabe thugs who simply refuse to act right in any manner.  Those are the kids you pass on and let someone else worry about.  They don't deserve it...and moreover, they're just not worth the headache.

poloprince

Quote from: Kevin on July 04, 2014, 03:50:10 pm
I just don't understand bashing a coach after one season, and taking up for a coach going into their fourth season with no real success.

JL has a whole different view than you have on success.  You seem to look at it just from one perspective, but that is ok because most do.  That's why some people are labeled to be "smarter" than others. In regards to that 4th year coach. 8)
$PoLoPrInCe$

RT1941

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on July 03, 2014, 05:33:26 pm
Nice to hear......& the way it should be.  These are the kind of players we need.  Coaches can actually spend their time teaching them football......not dealing with trouble issues. :razorback:
AMEN!

Let the damn coaches do what they're paid to do - they are paid to coach football, not act as guidance counselors and juvenile detention officers.
RazorTusk!!!!

bigbadhog

At least BB tweeted something that was not embarrassing...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

jkstock04

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 07, 2014, 09:27:22 pm
No one has said winning isn't important except the people pissing on coach for celebrating the players off the field success.
Depending on the context, yes they have. Most notably Jeff Long.

The nice way of putting it is that this is just where we are right now as a program...and when we start winning again this stuff will go away...essentially kids going to class won't be making headlines if we get back to winning 10 games.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

PorkRinds

Quote from: jkstock04 on July 08, 2014, 12:30:32 pm
Depending on the context, yes they have. Most notably Jeff Long.

The nice way of putting it is that this is just where we are right now as a program...and when we start winning again this stuff will go away...essentially kids going to class won't be making headlines if we get back to winning 10 games.
When did long say winning is not important? I'm of the opinion that kids doing well in class will always be important to our program, even when we are winning.

jkstock04

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 08, 2014, 12:32:39 pm
When did long say winning is not important? I'm of the opinion that kids doing well in class will always be important to our program, even when we are winning.
It was a while back during the middle of this depression...pretty sure Ugly Uncle is the one who posted the link to it, if I remember right it was a tweet.

Like I said I stress CONTEXT...that's not an exact quote. It was something to the effect of winning being secondary compared to other things...such as what is being talked about in this thread.

Yes that staying out of trouble and going to class are important, but it ain't front page news if you are in the top 10 every week. My overall point is that for us right now that kind of stuff is front page news because of where we are at the present. Winning not being that important or being secondary is probably only that way to programs that don't win.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys