Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tweet from Coach Bielema

Started by WilsonHog, July 03, 2014, 04:46:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

@BretBielema: "Just saw an email from a professor bragging on six of our new freshman in class. Doing things the right way with the right people! #WoooPig"

Outstanding.

Uncommon

July 03, 2014, 04:50:43 pm #1 Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 05:04:47 pm by Uncommon
Quote from: WilsonHog on July 03, 2014, 04:46:41 pm
@BretBielema: "Just saw an email from a professor bragging on six of our new freshman in class. Doing things the right way with the right people! #WoooPig"

Outstanding.
Meanwhile, in Norman, OK, they signed a girl pusher.  Neato!

OOOOOklahoma where their players push girls down the stairs.

jgphillips3

Outstanding.

+1 to the staff...

Augustus

Very glad to see this.

As was discussed on another thread a couple of weeks ago, I'd rather build the Program build success steadily, and keep a measure of integrity.  Without the weed arrests, bar fights, or hitting/pushing a girl.

If it takes a little while longer to build in that manner? I'm ok with that.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Augustus on July 03, 2014, 04:57:56 pm
Very glad to see this.

As was discussed on another thread a couple of weeks ago, I'd rather build the Program build success steadily, and keep a measure of integrity.  Without the weed arrests, bar fights, or hitting/pushing a girl.

On board with this
Go away, batin'

WilsonHog

Very glad to see this.

Agreed.

Much better than having to say, "Well, ol' 81 will slap the taste out of a woman's mouth and steal anything that ain't tied down, but he sure can catch a football!! Woo pig!!"

Rzbakfromwaybak

Outstanding.

Nice to hear......& the way it should be.  These are the kind of players we need.  Coaches can actually spend their time teaching them football......not dealing with trouble issues. :razorback:
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Inhogswetrust

Very glad to see this.

I couldn't agree more.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

chitwnhog

Quote from: Uncommon on July 03, 2014, 04:50:43 pm
Meanwhile, in Norman, OK, they signed a girl pusher.  Neato!

OOOOOklahoma where their players push girls down the stairs.

Ok...now that is funny right there.

Pickwick Hog

Men of character. Just what he said he wanted.
Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.

Augustus

Quote from: WilsonHog on July 03, 2014, 05:03:05 pm
Agreed.

Much better than having to say, "Well, ol' 81 will slap the taste out of a woman's mouth and steal anything that ain't tied down, but he sure can catch a football!! Woo pig!!"

Yep.

And, I as mentioned on the other thread, the Young Men that are raised on the Hill today... in 20-30 years some of those will be the ones running Insurance Agencies, Car Lots, Radio Shows, on our local News, managing the LR Touchdown Club & Broyles Award. Heck maybe even end up owning an NFL Team and contributing back in God knows how many ways...

(ok, that last example was extreme, but you get my drift)

If we get the right kids, not only do we benefit in the short term (hopefully!  ;) ), but in some cases it helps our State out long term.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Very glad to see this.

It takes a solid foundation to build for the long term.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hoghearted

Outstanding.

Love seeing tweets like this about our guys
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

John Futrall

Quote from: WilsonHog on July 03, 2014, 05:03:05 pm
Agreed.

Danny Ford?

WilsonHog

tophawg19

His comment may have been pointed at Cowan a bit too. who didn't do it the right way
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Kevin

I love the direction of our program. Slow, steady built to last.
I know some on here want quick and could care less about the future.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

870hogfan

hogblitz

People try to steer attention to anything other than winning football games.  We need to start another thread about Jeff Long being the head of the playoff committee!  The off the field things are SO much more important than success on the field. 

HOGLIGULA

July 03, 2014, 09:50:58 pm #20 Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 10:32:15 pm by HOGLIGULA

Outstanding.

Wait, what  an athlete or multiple athletes going to class get the * and - out of here Wilson.  I guess they just might be student-athletes, just maybe, or  just maybe they  got lost and stumbled into that class.  On the other hand,  the freshmen currently on campus are probably taking summer courses to make up for the lack of a fall course schedule.  Either way good to see they are getting the most of their scholarships. 
Look in the heat of conversation I may have said things I don't believe to be true. "So you lied." Are you slow, the alleged lie you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago that is a parasite that lives in my neck.

Jamie Jones

Quote from: hogblitz on July 03, 2014, 08:52:48 pm
People try to steer attention to anything other than winning football games.  We need to start another thread about Jeff Long being the head of the playoff committee!  The off the field things are SO much more important than success on the field.
You should probably just give up college football and watch NFL games. There are enough thug universities to root for if you just have to linger on with the college game. Might I suggest LSU, Miami, Auburn, Oregon, or Ohio State.
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

HOGLIGULA

Quote from: Jamie Jones on July 03, 2014, 10:09:45 pm
You should probably just give up college football and watch NFL games. There are enough thug universities to root for if you just have to linger on with the college game. Might I suggest LSU, Miami, Auburn, Oregon, or Ohio State.

Or any other team in the NCAA just check the U OF A previous sanctions, but you never will do that, right?  Every school cheats that is it, the end game.  Now some more than others, but they all cheat.
Look in the heat of conversation I may have said things I don't believe to be true. "So you lied." Are you slow, the alleged lie you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago that is a parasite that lives in my neck.

Augustus

Our College Football program winning games may be the most important thing to you, as a fan... but what if your son played... would you be more concerned with his Saturday performance? Or, his grades/character/contribution to the community?

Ya know... because most DON'T make into the NFL... instead, they get their degree and become insurance agents (Stoerner - who also hosts a radio show), open car lost (Moncrief), run radio shows (Bazzel, Jones), Manage the LR Touchdown Club & Broyles Award (again, Bazzel), host commentary on local News for sports (Lucas), Coach (Hatfield, Williamson)... Oh, and own an NFL team (Jones) who not only hires former Razorbacks, but contributes exceptionally to the program... Need I go on?

The long term contribution of any and every player who has given back to this state, FAR outweighs anything they ever did, on any given Saturday. And, that includes the '64 Championship team.  Would you really argue that the greatest thing Jerry Jones did for the UofA was Co-Captain the '64 team?

forrest city joe

Bingo. +1000. And all these smoke Screens and excuses won't change the fact that we are losing.

lefty08

Probably because other things are important, even more so in some cases
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

forrest city joe

Quote from: lefty08 on July 04, 2014, 11:03:41 am
Probably because other things are important, even more so in some cases
Then don't keep trying to fool people. tell the fans who want to win that we are now like Rice. no use getting folks hopes up.

secfan30

It's July, how can we have success on the field in July and talk about it? There are no games and this is going into CBB's second year. What else should we be talking about? Long legged blondes that blow?

lefty08

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 04, 2014, 11:06:54 am
Then don't keep trying to fool people. tell the fans who want to win that we are now like Rice. no use getting folks hopes up.

Joe, this is crazy even for you. Winning a football game isnt life, and its not as important as steering young men to be positive contributing members of society. I thought that was universally understood. I thought even you could get behind that. And for you getting your hopes up I hope you are joking. All you do is preach dread and gloom and doom on this board. How high could your hopes posibly be?
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

forrest city joe

Quote from: lefty08 on July 04, 2014, 11:19:45 am
Joe, this is crazy even for you. Winning a football game isnt life, and its not as important as steering young men to be positive contributing members of society. I thought that was universally understood. I thought even you could get behind that. And for you getting your hopes up I hope you are joking. All you do is preach dread and gloom and doom on this board. How high could your hopes posibly be?
Tell that to Saban and Stoops. see Pettway and DGB. those men and programs wiill take guys with all kinds of problems to help them keep winning and having a top program. Arkansas will not. and the results on the field speak for itself.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 04, 2014, 10:58:45 am
Bingo. +1000. And all these smoke Screens and excuses won't change the fact that we are losing.

5-4
4-5
3-7
4-6
5-5-1
5-7
3-9

The first year records at Arkansas of current and future Hall of Fame coaches Bezdek, Schmidt, Wyatt, Broyles, Ford, Petrino, and Bielema.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on July 04, 2014, 11:27:25 am
5-4
4-5
3-7
4-6
5-5-1
5-7
3-9

The first year records at Arkansas of current and future Hall of Fame coaches Bezdek, Schmidt, Wyatt, Broyles, Ford, Petrino, and Bielema.

This is not about the coach. i like coach B and believe he will get the job done with time. this mess never should have happen in the first place. I miss coach Broyles so much.

Inhogswetrust

Don't look now FCJ but EVERY program goes through losing spells. Don't blame Long for that. He hires coaches and those he has hired except for someone we all KNEW was an interim were thought of at the time as quality hires.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

lefty08

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 04, 2014, 11:25:30 am
Tell that to Saban and Stoops. see Pettway and DGB. those men and programs wiill take guys with all kinds of problems to help them keep winning and having a top program. Arkansas will not. and the results on the field speak for itself.

Correction:  coach B will not, and the program is better for it

ricepig

Maybe you are starting to understand, it might help with your stomach problem.

forrest city joe

Quote from: lefty08 on July 04, 2014, 11:36:47 am
Correction:  coach B will not, and the program is better for it
And i respect  coach B for it. i just disagree with him on this.if you want to be a top program and play with the big boys. then you do what it takes. play the game like they play it or you are going to lose.  pie in the sky will not get you wins. now i have had my say, so i will leave it at that. going to enjoy the 4th of July with Family.

SamBuckhart

Glad to hear about success in the classroom. Go HOGS!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

lefty08

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 04, 2014, 11:44:20 am
And i respect  coach B for it. i just disagree with him on this.if you want to be a top program and play with the big boys. then you do what it takes. play the game like they play it or you are going to lose.  pie in the sky will not get you wins. now i have had my say, so i will leave it at that. going to enjoy the 4th of July with Family.

So u respect him for it but u dont agree?  Im lost

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: lefty08 on July 04, 2014, 01:06:16 pm
So u respect him for it but u dont agree?  Im lost

I have to wonder IF FCJ would feel different and disagree if his favorite BB coach MA did "what it takes to win and play the game like they play it". You can't have it both ways FCJ..................................... 

secfan30

Is that Coach Anderson's philosophy?

gmarv

as hard as it is to stomach losing. winning the way some schools do it would be harder on me.

hogsfan31

I guess I don't get it either...just a couple of months ago FCJ was female dogging because Frazier chose Bama over Arkansas and back when Tenpenny committed to Bama over Arkansas. Saying he agreed with coach B that if you leave the state you can't come back, etc... Now that DGB got kicked out of Mizzou, and OU is trying to get him a waiver, he's female dogging again because Arkansas doesn't play the same game OU and Bama does? Do you want DGB at Arkansas after you dogged him for the way he acted when he committed to Mizzou over us? I don't get it. Which is it? I'm always reading stuff about him constantly bashing Bama for getting away with this and that and cheating, but now you're griping because we don't play the same game? I'm confused....I guess he's just finally resulted to win at whatever cost because of the year we had last year.

hogsfan31

I for one am happy to see tweets like this and to see professors at the University praise these young men for their hard work. It's not easy being a student athlete. I'm proud to have upstanding student athletes represent our university. Forget DGB and the likes of him.

Kevin

I just don't understand bashing a coach after one season, and taking up for a coach going into their fourth season with no real success.

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Deep Shoat

Why does fcj get to darn up a thread about something positive with the same stupid ass point he tries to make in every thread?

All Gas, No Brakes!

hawgbawb

We are building it right. It tales longer, but it will be worth it in the long run (granted it's all hypothetical at this point).  I'm willing to wait a couple of years and see if the trend is positive.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

PygmalionEffect

Having intelligent, disciplined, success driven football players will get you success on the football field.

I think there is a direct correlation between good grades and knowing the plays, reading defenses, reading offenses, not making errors in your blocking schemes, etc.
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

board

Quote from: Deep Shoat on July 04, 2014, 03:53:49 pm
Why does fcj get to darn up a thread about something positive with the same stupid ass point he tries to make in every thread?

That question has been asked many, many times before. You won't get an answer either, but the answer is obvious.

All these idiotic reality (yeah) tv shows draw viewers and make money. Retards draw attention, especially the ones who continuously run there mouth.

Too bad fcjoe is really real...

Torqued pork

Any good news is nice to hear. I'm sure Coach B knows he is expected to win more than lose regardless.

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 04, 2014, 11:44:20 am

Joe, hope you had a good time with the family. That is important.

My thoughts on the UofA situation: Joe, we all want to win, man. We want to get back on top. I believe we will. But understand that there are different recipes in doing so. Some universities will take straight up thugs and literally pay to keep them out of trouble or the media. This is a lot of work in certain areas of the program and can end up running into some $. Also, if you fill your roster with students whose academics are border line, you run a risk of not having eligible players and spending more time and effort trying to compensate for the loss of players.

Other places will target young men of character. When a coach or AD does not have to worry about a student(s) getting into fights off campus, drunk in public charges, drug possession charges, theft charges, etc. that alleviates unnecessary energy being spent in that area.

Let's not forget the most important thing here: These athletes are playing for a university. They are students first. They are required to do certain things in order to maintain their eligibility. Student athletes are there on a scholarship and in order for them to retain their free education, they have to avoid doing things like beating women, curb stomping other guys outside of a bar, stealing computers from other students' dorm rooms, etc.

Let's remember that the coaches have a lot of time and effort invested in these players and are dependent upon them to keep their job. When these players get removed from the team a spot is left unfilled for a period of time and the coaches now have to work harder to get that spot filled with the right element. Remember when the coaches cooled off on Rhaheed and then his troubles came to surface? These coaches don't want those distractions or "riff-raff" in the locker rooms. I am pretty sure that CBB had a little talk with JoJo before he came up also. Wrong place at the wrong time only works so many times.

Lastly, these students really do need concentrate on their education. Things don't always work out for guys with their sights on the NFL. All it takes is a twist of the knee or a bad hit and those dreams go away instantaneously. All it takes is getting intoxicated and doing something stupid and then no one wants to take a chance on you any longer. Then what? They better hope that they can use the education they got in college to survive in the real world.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.