Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DGB denied eligibility

Started by ThatGUY, July 03, 2014, 12:50:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatGUY

I did a quick look... what happened to the thread regarding DGB? News coming out of potential new school taking a shot with him.

ricepig

Quote from: ThatGUY on July 03, 2014, 12:50:59 pm
I did a quick look... what happened to the thread regarding DGB? News coming out of potential new school taking a shot with him.

SEC Forum

ricepig

OU bound, looks like Stools is now in the people helpin bidness.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

BigSexyHog

Good for OU... The ladies is Norman better be on the lookout.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

jbcarol

Durron Neal @RealDNeal  ·  31m

S/o to my Missouri bro @DorialGB5 for officially joining the fam!
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Soonerman12

Quote from: jaredkr on July 03, 2014, 01:18:16 pm
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11172799/dorial-green-beckham-visiting-oklahoma-sooners

Seriously?? ...Have some integrity gooners

You know you'd take him in a heart beat. If you say no, you're lying. He had to sign an agreement today that one missed class, one missed workout, etc and he's gone. Plus, he has to continue rehab, etc. His leash is very, very short.

ricepig

Quote from: Soonerman12 on July 03, 2014, 02:57:42 pm
You know you'd take him in a heart beat. If you say no, you're lying. He had to sign an agreement today that one missed class, one missed workout, etc and he's gone. Plus, he has to continue rehab, etc. His leash is very, very short.

Uh huh sure, don't cross that line....now I mean this line.......

jbcarol

ESPN SEC @ESPN_SEC  ·  1h
If for some reason DGB gets a waiver and is eligible this season, then welcome to college free agency for talented players who are booted.

Cody Stavenhagen @CodyStavenhagen  ·  2h
NCAA run-off waiver rule: Previous program must verify player wouldn't return "for reasons outside the control of the student-athlete."

Dave Matter @Dave_Matter  ·  49m
I'm told Missouri will not issue any kind of statement from Pinkel/Alden on Green-Beckham transferring to Oklahoma.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

mizzouman

Good luck. Wish him well. Hopefully he's got it figured out.

Hog N Bama

This guy is trOUble ! The sooners have really "stooped" LOW.

jbcarol

Clay Travis @ClayTravisBGID  ·  8m
Can y'all imagine if Urban Meyer had signed DGB? Twitter would have imploded.

jbcarol

John Infante @John_Infante  ·  2h
Assessing DGB's waiver chances at Oklahoma. Hard to say for sure but looks like a very long shot. http://www.athleticscholarships.net/2014/07/03/assessing-green-beckhams-waiver-chances-at-oklahoma.htm ... @Athnet

tophawg19

oklahoma has enough to pull to make it 50/50. they have been dirty before , looks like it continues . Hopefully the NCAA will not budge and give him a wavier
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman @BruceFeldmanCFB  ·  3h
Subplot to DGB/OU: If he sits out 2014 w/o incident & then bolts to Draft, wouldn't it add to his "baggage"in NFL's eyes for bailing on #OU?

Hawgey-Davidson

Guess Big Game Bob just got in the "people heppin" bizness.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: ricepig on July 03, 2014, 03:33:01 pm

Uh huh sure, don't cross that line....now I mean this line.......

Lol...yeah.....the line may get a little blurred at times.

"No buying, using or selling drugs".....except when needed   "No punching females".....unless it cannot be avoided....."No cutting of classes".....unless they are considered boring....."No run in's with the law".....that cannot be fixed shown as wrongfully charged...
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: Soonerman12 on July 03, 2014, 02:57:42 pm
Totally disagree. This hits too close to home. Maybe someone from somewhere that we didnt recruit so hard. Not DGB though. We would not take him.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on July 03, 2014, 05:24:17 pm
John Infante @John_Infante  ·  2h
Assessing DGB's waiver chances at Oklahoma. Hard to say for sure but looks like a very long shot. http://www.athleticscholarships.net/2014/07/03/assessing-green-beckhams-waiver-chances-at-oklahoma.htm ... @Athnet

Ben Frederickson @Ben_Fred  ·  12h
.@John_Infante tells @RJ_Young that OU addition DGB likely won't get waiver for 14. #Vols will see him in 15, though https://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1656179 ...

Maybe.

870hogfan

870hogfan

Quote from: ThatGUY on July 12, 2014, 11:42:19 am
Obviously you didn't catch that Sugar Bowl.... Bedenbaugh had 3 new guys on OL and still manhandled Bamas DLine....

Where was Pittman on Jan 2nd? returning Christmas gifts?

Still rather have Sam Pittman but carry on...

Arkansas Fan

Obviously you didn't catch that Sugar Bowl.... Bedenbaugh had 3 new guys on OL and still manhandled Bamas DLine....

You a Chokelahoma fan?

jbcarol

Each week, Matt Hayes answers reader questions in Mail Bonding:

Q: What are the odds of Oklahoma getting Dorial Green-Beckham eligible to play this season?
— Tyler, Enid, Oklahoma

QuoteHAYES: If there were a less than zero chance, I'd say that. The only possible way DGB can play this fall is if Oklahoma gets approval from the NCAA under what is called the "run-off" rule.

— DGB wasn't run off at Missouri. He was kicked off the team for off-field behavior incidents under his control.

— One of the three stipulations in the run-off waiver is the previous school writing a letter to the NCAA and explaining that DGB couldn't have returned to Missouri because of "reasons outside the control of the student-athlete."

DGB wasn't run off because he wasn't good enough; he was the best player on the field in last year's SEC Championship Game...

thesmalltownhog95

Does anyone know how close he is to a decision?

redeye

Quote from: thesmalltownhog95 on July 12, 2014, 09:33:22 pm
Does anyone know how close he is to a decision?

I think Richard said he wasn't close to a decision.  Also seems like he said he would take 5 visits, despite having a top 2.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Lol at Oklahoma fans...

That is all

JackJohnson

OU's top 7 OL this past year consisted of 5 heavily recruited former 4*s in true Srs Austin Woods and Bronson Irwin, redshirt Jrs Adam Shead, Tyrus Thompson and Daryl Williams.  The other two players were converted 3* TEs in RS Sr Gabe Ikard and RS So Nila Kasitati.  Both had a ton of offers

Arkansas started 2 5th year seniors in former walk on David Hurd and lightly recruited 3* Travis Swanson.  True Jr Brey Cook was a 5*, and True Frosh 4* Denver Kirkland and 3* Dan Skipper were all heavily recruited but inexperienced.

Must be nice...

The NewEra

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on July 11, 2014, 09:22:51 pm
Seems to be a trend

Skipper is going to OSU or UT, Koehlar to UT, Wallace to Bama, and Kirkland to Miami.

Yet they are all here

Don't you just hate it when that happens?  :)

Huckleberry Pig

Can the mods start getting rid of the OU trolls?  Soonerman is okay and at least provides some solid info.  THATguy needs to go

hawgmasta

The fact that OU fans need to come here to tell us he's not coming makes me feel better about our chances. The fact that Pittman has pulled the level of recruits he has PLUS them being from all over the country is amazing. Especially after the last few years we have had.

Ask any Tennessee fan, Pittman is the best O-line coach/recruiter combo in the country and I'm not just being a homer.

I saw where the accolades of the OU offensive line guys were brought up. Need I say more than CBB and CSP combined o-line nfl talent?

There was an article from Richard Davenport that said Barnett "loves" Pittman and knows that Pittman loves him too. I'm not worried, I think we are the ones to beat; Barnett is gonna be Oklahomas Josh Frazier.

Jek Tono Porkins

I'm just saying that based on the fact that Barnett grew up an OU fan and comes from an OU fan family, it logically follows that OU would be the favorite. If Pittman can swing that kid over here, he deserves a raise and I don't care if he gets paid more than the OC. Hell if he can pull a 5* OU fan from Oklahoma to here after we finished a 3-9 season and OU beat Bama in the Sugar Bowl, imagine what the man can do when we start winning. We know that Pittman and Bielema will go through every possible exertion to land Barnett.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

BigBen

I think Arkansas has a real shot at landing him because if he's as big of an OU fan as everyone says he is why hasn't he just gone ahead and commited to them? I feel like he really wants to come to Arkansas and just wants to see some improvement this season before he makes his decision final. I don't have any inside knowledge of the situation just giving my opinion. I feel like he would be a huge get for us and could lead to us getting more high profile recruits.

fortsmithokie

Quote from: BigBen on July 13, 2014, 12:35:31 pm
I think Arkansas has a real shot at landing him because if he's as big of an OU fan as everyone says he is why hasn't he just gone ahead and commited to them? I feel like he really wants to come to Arkansas and just wants to see some improvement this season before he makes his decision final. I don't have any inside knowledge of the situation just giving my opinion. I feel like he would be a huge get for us and could lead to us getting more high profile recruits.

Grandpa could end up being as big a factor as Pittman if Barnett ends up in Fayetteville.

Barnett was ready to commit to OU late spring/early summer, but grandpa basically told him his recruitment was a once in a lifetime opportunity, he should take his official visits and it wouldn't be right to commit to someone and expect to take visits.

Taking the kid at his word right now, I'd say it's 50/50 on where he ends up. However, if his grandparents don't accompany him on a return visit, I'm guessing the chances he ends up in Fayetteville are remote.

PeabodyHawg

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on July 13, 2014, 09:08:00 am
Can the mods start getting rid of the OU trolls?  Soonerman is okay and at least provides some solid info.  THATguy needs to go
Especially in the Recruiting Forum.

Let them show their ignorance in the others.  It is rather comical.

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: PeabodyHawg on July 14, 2014, 08:39:52 am
Especially in the Recruiting Forum.

Let them show their ignorance in the others.  It is rather comical.
OU fans are nervous.  J Wariboko commited and then decommited.  Barnett and Wariboko should be lockdown commits due to proximity, tradition, and family ties but the Hogs are in the mix for both.   

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: fortsmithokie on July 14, 2014, 08:01:53 am
Grandpa could end up being as big a factor as Pittman if Barnett ends up in Fayetteville.

Barnett was ready to commit to OU late spring/early summer, but grandpa basically told him his recruitment was a once in a lifetime opportunity, he should take his official visits and it wouldn't be right to commit to someone and expect to take visits.

Taking the kid at his word right now, I'd say it's 50/50 on where he ends up. However, if his grandparents don't accompany him on a return visit, I'm guessing the chances he ends up in Fayetteville are remote.

Makes a lot of sense and regardless of what he choses to do, one things for sure: He's got family that cares a lot about him and wants what is best for him. This may translate into sitting down and weighing all available options and if Arkansas can present the better case, both athletically and academically, he may just pick us. Hope so.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

NLRHog92

Any timeframe on a decision?

fortsmithokie

Quote from: NLRHog92 on July 14, 2014, 11:42:40 am
Any timeframe on a decision?

He's taking all official visits first.

coastalrazorback

Can't help but think that he will end up a Sooner. However, it is great to even be mentioned in the top two and if anyone could pull it off it would be Sam Pitman.  :razorback:

backout60

Wariboko decommited because of his little brother. He wants his little brother to play with him and schools are recruiting his little brother to help get josh. Josh wants to visit schools with his brother and didn't feel comfortable doing it while being committed. Partly because OU wasn't recruiting max hard. Max is ok as a prospect but OU isn't in the business of offering little bro to get big bro if little bro isn't OU good. They wanted max to visit Norman for the OU camp and he didn't. If we end up offering max I think we get both. Parents went to OU. I don't think we offer max so it'll be ucla , Louisville or another who offers max.

Jalins grandparents are crucial to his recruitment. 

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: backout60 on July 14, 2014, 01:38:03 pm
Wariboko decommited because of his little brother. He wants his little brother to play with him and schools are recruiting his little brother to help get josh. Josh wants to visit schools with his brother and didn't feel comfortable doing it while being committed. Partly because OU wasn't recruiting max hard. Max is ok as a prospect but OU isn't in the business of offering little bro to get big bro if little bro isn't OU good. They wanted max to visit Norman for the OU camp and he didn't. If we end up offering max I think we get both. Parents went to OU. I don't think we offer max so it'll be ucla , Louisville or another who offers max.

Jalins grandparents are crucial to his recruitment. 

Ou gets everyone they want. Even the women beaters.

backout60

Don't be mad we out recruited u twice for dgb.  ;D

Uncommon

Quote from: backout60 on July 14, 2014, 04:57:05 pm
That doesn't make sense considering we beat you the first time and we never recruited DGB the second time.

Vantage 8 dude

Yep, and WE ended up the ultimate winners TWICE!!!!!!

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: Uncommon on July 14, 2014, 04:59:23 pm
That doesn't make sense considering we beat you the first time and we never recruited DGB the second time.

Nailed it

HOGINTENNESSEE

NP, don't be mad when DGB never plays a down for OU.

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  14h

Oklahoma's Bob Stoops says Dorial Green-Beckham worth a second chance | http://AL.com  http://ow.ly/ztbHE

jbcarol

Gabe DeArmond @GabeDeArmond  ·  2h

My new favorite thing is tweeting about college players being dismissed & awaiting the flood of #Mizzou fans saying Stoops is calling