Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marcus Walker names his top 3 as....

Started by The_Boot_stops_here, July 02, 2014, 10:05:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SemperFi

Whitfield would definitely ease the pain. What's the story on Haughton?
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hogfan991 on July 18, 2014, 07:37:10 pm
Who wants to play at Kentucky?
Walker does. Stoops is doing a very good job of recruiting to KY. he brought in a top 25 class this past year.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 18, 2014, 07:17:28 pm
Re-committed to KY tonight. we gave it our best shot. so we can move on and try to get another good S. GO HOGS.

Well this stings. He's one I really thought we had a better than 50% chance at getting.

Music City Hog

We lost to Kentucky on a kid nowhere near Ark or Ky.  That isn't good.

Btw, serious question, who are we realistically on at LB?

lumphog

Quote from: ImHogginIt on July 18, 2014, 08:42:49 pm
Well this stings. He's one I really thought we had a better than 50% chance at getting.
Is this the guy that showed out at camp, the one RD raved about ???

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 18, 2014, 08:49:10 pm

Doubt we sign hardly any. We have four new scholarship ones on campus this Summer in Dwayne Eugene, Khalia Hackett, Randy Ramsey and Josh Williams

Music City Hog

Quote from: ImHogginIt on July 18, 2014, 08:56:48 pm
Doubt we sign hardly any. We have four new scholarship ones on campus this Summer in Dwayne Eugene, Khalia Hackett, Randy Ramsey and Josh Williams

Ugh

ldfergu

If we can get some SEC quality ones we'll sign as many as we can get

Music City Hog

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on July 18, 2014, 09:17:33 pm
If we can get some SEC quality ones we'll sign as many as we can get

Yeah, that's been the problem for a couple of decades.

OnTheHillHogFan

We will probably sign 2. 1 OLB and 1 MLB
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 18, 2014, 08:49:10 pm

Back 7 recruiting will be a patchwork job at best this season. Writing is on the wall there. Regardless of what anyone says.

onebadrubi

No way we only take 2 LB's.  we will try for 3 quality ones and maybe even one more of the big DB small LB caliber that can redshirt and maybe bulk up.  I personally feel these 4 taken last year could be good and can be coached up.  But we have to keep the ball rolling with them coming in and redshirting/bulking up.

Music City Hog

This Walker kid still coming to camp next week?

secneahog

Going to shock the recruits when we win game 1

I'm not worried about recruiting when we haven't started fall practice yet.
Some of you need to get it together.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

PygmalionEffect

That's worrisome even for a recruiting ranking apologist like myself when combined with the results so far with the 2015 class.  We're having to hope for a lot of missed evaluations with this group and also crossing our fingers that a Juco can make the transition to LB in year one, when it's happened only once in recent memory against several failures.  In other words, the odds aren't with us there either.

But on the other hand, we're probably due for something positive happening for us that is slightly against the odds.
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

forrest city joe

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on July 19, 2014, 11:54:12 am
That's worrisome even for a recruiting ranking apologist like myself when combined with the results so far with the 2015 class.  We're having to hope for a lot of missed evaluations with this group and also crossing our fingers that a Juco can make the transition to LB in year one, when it's happened only once in recent memory against several failures.  In other words, the odds aren't with us there either.

But on the other hand, we're probably due for something positive happening for us that is slightly against the odds.
Juco is the way to go for some of our LB and back 7 players. for the most part we will never be able to get the kind of LB and DB that schools like Bama, Lsu,UGA, FL and others get.(we never have)but we can do it if we go after the top Jucco recruits at those spots.hope coach B will take a look at that.

SemperFi

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 19, 2014, 01:42:19 pm
Juco is the way to go for some of our LB and back 7 players. for the most part we will never be able to get the kind of LB and DB that schools like Bama, Lsu,UGA, FL and others get.(we never have)but we can do it if we go after the top Jucco recruits at those spots.hope coach B will take a look at that.

Wasn't Carroll Washington one of the top Defensive Backs in the JUCO ranks? I think they are hitting the JUCO's hard for talent. You may not think that the Hogs can recruit with the best, but they are doing just that coming off a 3 win season. A successful 2014 season and everything changes.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan