Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marcus Walker names his top 3 as....

Started by The_Boot_stops_here, July 02, 2014, 10:05:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Boot_stops_here

redeye

Just noticed that too and he has an impressive offer list.

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

ifghog

July 02, 2014, 10:53:08 pm #3 Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 08:04:16 am by ifghog
Kentucky...I sure hope he comes here would be a great get but I def feel he is a strong Kentucky lean. That is why I love recruiting. You never know!

FrozenHam

Troubling.... Don't know whether this is a reputable source or not... I hope someone here will comment:

http://wildcatbluenation.com/2014/01/08/2015-safety-marcus-walker-commits-kentucky-wildcats/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

**edit**  oops, this story ran in January... sorry.  He is still uncommitted.

WBC Hog

redeye

Quote from: WBC Hog on July 03, 2014, 01:04:31 am
Has he set a date to announce?

I think he said on Twitter that he planned to announce in the next few weeks.

NLRHog92

From his performance at camp alone, I'd absolutely love to have this kid!

MP24

January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

SemperFi

We need both Walker and Whitfield at Safety. If we can sign both of these kids the secondary will be well on it's way to a full recovery. These are the type of football players that we need; hard hitting, instinctive and fast. WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: SemperFi on July 03, 2014, 08:16:51 am
We need both Walker and Whitfield at Safety. If we can sign both of these kids the secondary will be well on it's way to a full recovery. These are the type of football players that we need; hard hitting, instinctive and fast. WPS!

I would prefer Walker and Haughton (sp?) but i get your point...btw, i also (unfortunately) have a feeling Walker will announce for UK

SemperFi

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 03, 2014, 08:29:38 am
I would prefer Walker and Haughton (sp?) but i get your point...btw, i also (unfortunately) have a feeling Walker will announce for UK

Just curious, but makes you think that he'll announce for the UK? What indicators have you seen to make you feel that way? Are we that far behind the ball with Walker that Kentucky is a better option?
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

MP24

Quote from: SemperFi on July 03, 2014, 04:13:24 pm
Just curious, but makes you think that he'll announce for the UK? What indicators have you seen to make you feel that way? Are we that far behind the ball with Walker that Kentucky is a better option?

Might be that he decommitted from Kentucky in April and he is teammates with current UK offensive line commit Luke Hiers.

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Bolt/Former-UK-commit-has-Cats-back-in-top-3-29451194

HOGINTENNESSEE

Seems to be the First UK vs Arkansas battle for a recruit.

Should be interesting battle as Mark Stoops and CBB are really good friend from their Iowa days.

I expect more recruiting battles between these 2 as both has such strong recruiting ties to FL.

redeye

Quote from: SemperFi on July 03, 2014, 04:13:24 pm

247 experts are mostly picking Kentucky and some are recent picks.

MH04

I was thinking that Michigan state would be our main competition

MH04

If 247 is picking UK I like our chances lol

ChicoHog

Stoops has really done an outstanding job recruiting there in the last year and half.  I think that maybe a tougher place to recruit than Arkansas although their location may help with Ohio and georgia kids (we have Texas).  And they can tell those georgia and florida kids that UK will play UGA and UF every year so their parents can see them play when the Wildcats visit those teams.

I hope BB can get this kid.  Seems like a real player with a big upside. 

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: MH04 on July 03, 2014, 06:16:57 pm

most of them picked us to get Solomon Thomas. I don't trust that site any longer.

redeye

Quote from: MH04 on July 03, 2014, 06:16:57 pm

Yea, good point.  They've been wrong a lot, lately.

In defense of their Solomon Thomas to Arkansas picks, most were just taking a last-minute guess on a top recruit and Stanford still led by a great greater than 2-1 margin.  They were probably reading Arkansas forums and let us convince them.  Thomas kept it quiet, so I don't blame them.  At least it gave us a little late exposure.

ballinhog

Is he the one that they was saying had one of the best performances any DB has ever had at one of our camps? I can't remember

WBC Hog

Quote from: ballinhog on July 05, 2014, 03:40:55 pm
Is he the one that they was saying had one of the best performances any DB has ever had at one of our camps? I can't remember

Yes

HoustonwehaveaProblem

Ill admit when I saw the finalist I was hoping he was a basketball recruit!

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: ifghog on July 02, 2014, 10:53:08 pm
Kentucky...I sure hope he comes here would be a great get but I def feel he is a strong Kentucky lean. That is why I love recruiting. You never know!

That staff is getting it done too...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Rump Roast

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on July 06, 2014, 10:41:22 am
That staff is getting it done too...

Bielema's average class ranking at Arkansas is 26th, Stoops' average class at Kentucky is 28th...

dumbdude479

I really hope we get this guy!! :razorback: :razorback:

ChicoHog

Quote from: Rump Roast on July 06, 2014, 11:42:20 am
Bielema's average class ranking at Arkansas is 26th, Stoops' average class at Kentucky is 28th...
UK used to be in the 40s or 50s in ranking.  Huge improvement under Stoops.  Now can he get it done on the field?  That's what counts. 

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: ChicoHog on July 06, 2014, 06:58:28 pm
UK used to be in the 40s or 50s in ranking.  Huge improvement under Stoops.  Now can he get it done on the field?  That's what counts. 

If he can't he may end up being our DC in the future.

ZERO

Quote from: Rump Roast on July 06, 2014, 11:42:20 am

Kentucky also has two more commitments than we do. If we added two more, we'd probably be back up to #20 or so. Maybe even higher, depending on the quality.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Steef

I really like the kids we've been getting so far.

But Bret took it slow last year too.

And...we need to show some football this season, to win some hearts.

The_Boot_stops_here

Walker was offered by UCLA and Notre Dame today.  Don't know how, or if, this affects anything

MP24

Highly recruited safety plans second visit to Hill

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/jul/07/highly-recruited-safety-plans-second-visit-hill/

He said he doesn't think he'll make any other summer visits.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: MP24 on July 07, 2014, 11:00:55 am
Highly recruited safety plans second visit to Hill

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/jul/07/highly-recruited-safety-plans-second-visit-hill/

He said he doesn't think he'll make any other summer visits.

welp, that would seem to bode well for us (assuming he shows)

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 07, 2014, 09:57:43 am
Walker was offered by UCLA and Notre Dame today.  Don't know how, or if, this affects anything

Interesting to note that a ND insider for 247 just made a prediction for Arkansas. Only hours after the news of the ND offer.

Hope he knows something

ZERO

It's kind of stupid if you ask me. They predict him to Notre Dame immediately after they offer... just because they're ND? We were listed in his top three and he's planning a second visit here, yet they have double our predictions on 247. Can't wait for that stupid overrated school to go 8-5 again in a few months.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ZERO on July 07, 2014, 02:01:25 pm
It's kind of stupid if you ask me. They predict him to Notre Dame immediately after they offer… just because they're ND? We were listed in his top three and he's planning a second visit here, yet they have double our predictions on 247. Can't wait for that stupid overrated school to go 8-5 again in a few months.

there is only 1 prediction for ND (it came today from a Vandy writer) and a ND 'insider' picked for Arkansas today, FWIW

Huckleberry Pig

Would be a great pickup.  Hope he makes it for his next visit and ends up picking us!

ZERO

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 07, 2014, 02:11:56 pm
there is only 1 prediction for ND (it came today from a Vandy writer) and a ND 'insider' picked for Arkansas today, FWIW

When I checked just before writing that post, the Crystal Ball had 18% to ND and 9% to Arkansas.

MP24

The_Boot_stops_here

this isn't really all that relevant at this point, but I was looking through the 'twitter mentions' that 24/7 has for Walker and he is quoted as saying ' I would really like to hear from Ohio St b/c that's the school I really want to go to.'...I think that's from a good while back but I guess everyone better hope the Luckeyes don't jump on board

hawgsmellgud

"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

The_Boot_stops_here

ARtillahog

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on July 08, 2014, 11:20:25 am
Big time huge get.

Woo pig.

You stop that!  Only Pondwater is allowed to discuss the biggest of hugest gets!

hawgsmellgud

^^^^ Yes sir, its just I didn't see him here yet, so I was helping him out.

I am a registered paying member of PWJTreefiddy recruiting service, and I read where this guy was ranked as a BTHG and is one point from being a Program Changing Get or PCG.

So its kinda like when people link RD's tidbits, I was just passing along the info.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

ARtillahog

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on July 09, 2014, 09:07:13 am
^^^^ Yes sir, its just I didn't see him here yet, so I was helping him out.

I am a registered paying member of PWJTreefiddy recruiting service, and I read where this guy was ranked as a BTHG and is one point from being a Program Changing Get or PCG.

So its kinda like when people link RD's tidbits, I was just passing along the info.

Now how come you can get away with the PWJ and other's can't?!?  You related  or got blackmail?

hawgsmellgud

I never ever ever refer to mr. Water Jack as PW... I can't even type the last letter, but you know.

That's just the name of the service so it's ok.

forrest city joe

Re-committed to KY tonight. we gave it our best shot. so we can move on and try to get another good S. GO HOGS.

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech