Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All Roads Lead Through Lubbock

Started by razorjack12, July 02, 2014, 10:01:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jborohog09

Quote from: RaiderHunter on July 25, 2014, 03:03:52 pm
The game is going to be borderline-unwatchable with all the fake Razorback injuries. The most interesting part will be seeing how Patrick Mahomes does after Webb puts up 5 TDs.

Yes because the Hogs faked soooooo many injuries last season.

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: RaiderHunter on July 25, 2014, 03:03:52 pm
The game is going to be borderline-unwatchable with all the fake Razorback injuries. The most interesting part will be seeing how Patrick Mahomes does after Webb puts up 5 TDs.
You must be thinking of Auburn. And by the end of the 3rd quarter we will see who will be faking injuries. Tech was the second worst in the conference last season in rushing defense allowing 201.5 yards a game. Not to mention they were 6th in passing defense efficiency. You will have J Will and Collins pounding it up the middle at will & when the defense starts putting those hands on their hips K Marshall will get thrown in & gash them for HUGE chunks of yardage. Anyone thinking that this is going to be an easy game for either team need to lay off the alcohol. For us to beat them our secondary needs to be tremendously improved. I feel like they are making huge strides in that area.

razorjack12

Quote from: RaiderHunter on July 25, 2014, 02:43:16 pm
Texas Tech has two OL who are going to the NFL after this year, and their quarterback is top 10 in the nation. Their offense is why Texas Tech is going to win; Arkansas can't outscore the Red Raiders in Lubbock without a bevy of turnovers and a mysterious slew of offensive miscues on Davis Webb's part. That game is going to be sold out and loud, as well.

46-20, Tech.
Do you wanna put money on this?

I'll even knock off 5 points for you and take Arkansas at +21.      Deal?

jwpattyson

A little off subject but does the coaching staff use a variant of the 2 minute drill against Bama this year?  It sure as hell wouldn't hurt and the score couldn't much worse. 52 might as well be 70. Aubie and OU were able to neutralize the Bama aggressiveness. I think it would give The offensive different avenues to use the running game to their advantage.
Give me Razorback sports or give me death.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Westcoasthog on July 07, 2014, 02:50:56 am
   Lets face the facts - ALL ROAD GAMES LEAD THROUGH AT AUBURN. 

Brilliant!

PonderinHog

I'd hate to be on a road that dead ends in Lubbock.

Cinco de Hogo

Dinks and dunks against a bigger(slower) team is a masterful plan.  If our back seven haven't improved by leaps and bounds we better hope our very good DE's can make the QB life miserable.  If not it will indeed be a long day.  People act like top is everything, stopping the other team is everything.

razorjack12

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 27, 2014, 02:33:29 pm
  People act like top is everything, stopping the other team is everything.
Half our plan to stop Techs offense is to control TOP.

mckinneyhog5

Ill be there.  Just booked hotel room today!
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

GolfnHog

Quote from: PonderinHog on July 27, 2014, 02:06:51 pm

The upside is all roads lead out of Lubbock. Mac Davis even wrote a song about it!
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: razorjack12 on July 28, 2014, 12:33:08 am
  Half our plan to stop Techs offense is to control TOP.

You still get the same number of possessions so unless you get a stop or TO, which is DEFENSE it doesn't matter what the TOP is.  All TDs count the same no matter how quick you score.  If our offense scores every possession I do think we can win every game though.

intelligence

Quote from: PonderinHog on July 27, 2014, 02:06:51 pm
isn't that what happens to graduates of TT. The road just dead ends?

Hollywood_HOGan45

I don't care where the game is played or how loud it is, tech need to just forget about trying to stop our offense with their incredibly weak big 12 defense that gave up 293 rushing yards per game in their last 8. We don't even have to pass the ball to beat these guys.