Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who's our best Receiver??

Started by ChauvinistPig, July 02, 2014, 10:35:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ChauvinistPig

Here's the Roster of WR off of Scout. Are any of these freshman or Sophomores gonna break out this year? I'm assuming our QB can hit them in stride, so let's not start that debate... I happen to think Cody Hollister is gonna be a stud for us. He is a tall, fast, tough kid that should be able to hit that deep route or go up and get that fade route to the end zone. Is Hatcher our best? Anybody have any inside knowledge of these guys?

28   Bryson Cook   WR   6-1   199       FR*   Grapevine, TX (Grapevine HS)
1   Jared Cornelius   WR   6-1   192       FR   Shreveport, LA (Evangel Christian)
6   D'Arthur Cowan   WR   6-3   186       JR   Olive Branch, MS (Olive Branch HS)
20   Nathan Crouch   WR   6-3   175       FR*   Grapevine, TX (Grapevine HS)
4   Keon Hatcher   WR   6-2   210       JR   Owasso, OK (Owasso HS)
14   Eric Hawkins   WR   6-0   180       SO*   Longview, TX (Longview HS)
81   Cody Hollister   WR   6-4   205       SO*   Bend, OR
80   Drew Morgan   WR   6-0   193       SO   Greenwood, AR (Greenwood HS)
29   Chris Saunders   WR   6-0   188       SO   Dallas, TX (Life School Oak Cliff)
13   Scotty Thurman   WR   5-11   196       SO*   Fayetteville, AR (Fayetteville HS)
85   Demetrius Wilson   WR   6-3   186       SR*   Goodyear, AZ (Millennium HS)

Ugly Uncle

Keon Hatcher is going to be the man.  I'm expecting him to have a break out year this year.
Retired Radio Host

ldfergu

Hoping Demetrius Wilson has a good year

Three and Snout

I wouldn't count on it being D'Arthur Cowan.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Kevin

still upset john l smith burned hatcher's redshirt for just a few plays
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

DThog90

I believe hatcher will have the most receiving yards out of our wr corp. HH will lead the team w/ around 750 yards on 50-60 receptions. Hatcher will have 40-55 for around  450-500 yds. Wilson will be next with 40-50 receptions for 450-550 yds. Hatcher will be our underneath guy with Wilson running a lot of fly routes. Hollister or Cornelius will be next with 25-35 receptions and 200-250 yds. They will have a similar roles. They will have a little difficulty w/ the speed of the sec however so don't expect them to have a breakout year (however if either one did I would not be at all suprised. Just being a little conservative) Morgan will get some touches. We will see much improved wr play this year but we are still a year away from where we need to be. Growing pains hurt but we will make it.

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

onelength

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on July 02, 2014, 10:47:30 am
Hoping Demetrius Wilson has a good year

Having a Healthy Demetrious Wilson on the field is going to be a game changer.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Prestworthy

A good WR is a product of a formidable QB.  He can't make plays unless the ball is thrown to him or handed to him.  Here's to hoping we have a formidable QB this year, whether it be BA, AA, or RP.  If given the opportunity, I think Hatcher is the best.

ChauvinistPig

Quote from: Kevin on July 02, 2014, 11:15:43 am
still upset john l smith burned hatcher's redshirt for just a few plays

I forgot about that desperation move. Smile!

revolution

Did I miss some news on Jojo Robinson?  Not saying he will be the best receiver we have, but why is he not listed?

ChauvinistPig

Quote from: revolution on July 02, 2014, 12:16:27 pm
Did I miss some news on Jojo Robinson?  Not saying he will be the best receiver we have, but why is he not listed?

I'm not sure. He is not listed on Scout's 2014 Roster

Prestworthy

Quote from: revolution on July 02, 2014, 12:16:27 pm
Good call.  Freshman can make big leaps at WR and I think JoJo has the tools to help out a lot this season.

King TUSKankahamun

At this point we have to go with hatcher abased on his previous games and experience. That being said I think Cody hollister might be the best all around receiver we have but it will have to be proven before I would say that with confidence. It's pure conjecture at this point

Also excited about Cornelius and Robinson but they are a few years away from making the #1 spit
Self proclaimed dead King of Hogville

Mike Irwin

Hunter Henry. They may call him a tight end but he's a receiver as is AJ Derby and Jeremy Sprinkle. Those guys are going to catch the bulk of the passes this season.

cmiller01

Drew Morgan... just you wait!

Jamie Jones

Henry will be our top receiver. I have watched Jared  Cornelius for four years and I am telling you all that he is a game changer. He is the possession receiver that Brandon Allen needs to get comfortable in the offense. Jared may not be the breakaway threat that Wilson is, but he catches everything close. He moves the chains.
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

pigture perfect

I would love to see Drew Morgan have a breakout year. Hatcher will be the main guy this year, and I think Jojo will show us a glimmer of things to come.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

FSHog67

fanofthehog

Hold on, we have a receiver named Scotty Thurman?  How did I miss this?  Is this his son?

MFG

Demetrius Wilson, if healthy. If not Hunter Henry.

razorbacksnum1

Hunter Henry by a long shot. He has the best hands on the team and makes plays. Hatcher would be my #2 choice but he drops too many balls. Dropped the first pass thrown his way in the spring game.

ifghog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 02, 2014, 01:15:42 pm
Hunter Henry. They may call him a tight end but he's a receiver as is AJ Derby and Jeremy Sprinkle. Those guys are going to catch the bulk of the passes this season.
^^^This^^^^

Rzbakfromwaybak

This is a good question to ask this year.  Specially hard to answer with so many Fr. & Soph. receivers potentially in the mix....that we haven't seen much of.  Hope the answer at the end of the year....is about 6 of them turn out to be real studs.....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

tophawg19

i expect to see Hawkins put it together this year as well . Now that he has learned that you can't get by on speed alone and has focused on details of route running , he should be much better .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

HogFanatic

I think we are going to see AJ Derby catch a LOT of passes this year. They are going to reward him for being selfless enough to change positions going into his senior season, and apparently he is a good fit at the position.

DTHog is offering that we could be making 16+ catches from the WR position on average per game this coming season.  If he intentionally left out the TE position, then we could be catching over 20 passes per game from all positions combined on average per game.  Figuring we may complete 50 percent or a bit more, thats throwing it 35 to 45 times on average per game.  That isn't likely in my opinion. 

If we complete 15 passes per game on average this coming season, I will be highly surprised.

If we can throw 3 times as many TDs as interceptions, I will once again, be highly surprised.

poloprince

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on July 02, 2014, 10:36:19 am
Keon Hatcher is going to be the man.  I'm expecting him to have a break out year this year.

Someone has to be able to get him the ball.  That's his dilemma.
$PoLoPrInCe$

southeasthog

I'm so glad the douchebageries come out in every thread about offense to bash our QB.

Pig In The City

I totally agree.  Our production will come from TE.  We will be lucky if one of these young WRs catches on enough to make a few plays in the second half of the season.

Pig In The City

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on July 02, 2014, 05:52:58 pm
I think we are going to see AJ Derby catch a LOT of passes this year. They are going to reward him for being selfless enough to change positions going into his senior season, and apparently he is a good fit at the position.

TE is a natural mismatch for defenses that we should be trying to take advantage of.  Sprinkle and Derby could have big years since Henry is going to draw double coverage. 

SamBuckhart

My thoughts went immediately to wide receiver. You are correct Mr. Irwin.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Calling All Hogs

I'm going out slightly on a limb with Cody Hollister. Love his size and some of this moves in the spring game.

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: CallMeHog on July 02, 2014, 09:44:23 pm
I'm going out slightly on a limb with Cody Hollister. Love his size and some of this moves in the spring game.
I was thinking him & Drew Morgan could shock some ppl this season.

PonderinHog

The big, sure handed targets, whoever they are.

lumphog

Thanks Mike, always enjoy your input. What have you seen from Hawkins ? That guy has speeed to burn & could be the guy to stretch the field.

lumphog

Quote from: Jamie Jones on July 02, 2014, 01:39:39 pm
Henry will be our top receiver. I have watched Jared  Cornelius for four years and I am telling you all that he is a game changer. He is the possession receiver that Brandon Allen needs to get comfortable in the offense. Jared may not be the breakaway threat that Wilson is, but he catches everything close. He moves the chains.
Thanks Jamie, I got kinfolk in Shreveport that say the same thing. JC is the real deal.

PorkRinds

TheRazorbackGuy

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: ChauvinistPig on July 02, 2014, 10:35:20 am
Here's the Roster of WR off of Scout. Are any of these freshman or Sophomores gonna break out this year? I'm assuming our QB can hit them in stride, so let's not start that debate... I happen to think Cody Hollister is gonna be a stud for us. He is a tall, fast, tough kid that should be able to hit that deep route or go up and get that fade route to the end zone. Is Hatcher our best? Anybody have any inside knowledge of these guys?

28   Bryson Cook   WR   6-1   199       FR*   Grapevine, TX (Grapevine HS)
1   Jared Cornelius   WR   6-1   192       FR   Shreveport, LA (Evangel Christian)
6   D'Arthur Cowan   WR   6-3   186       JR   Olive Branch, MS (Olive Branch HS)
20   Nathan Crouch   WR   6-3   175       FR*   Grapevine, TX (Grapevine HS)
4   Keon Hatcher   WR   6-2   210       JR   Owasso, OK (Owasso HS)
14   Eric Hawkins   WR   6-0   180       SO*   Longview, TX (Longview HS)
81   Cody Hollister   WR   6-4   205       SO*   Bend, OR
80   Drew Morgan   WR   6-0   193       SO   Greenwood, AR (Greenwood HS)
29   Chris Saunders   WR   6-0   188       SO   Dallas, TX (Life School Oak Cliff)
13   Scotty Thurman   WR   5-11   196       SO*   Fayetteville, AR (Fayetteville HS)
85   Demetrius Wilson   WR   6-3   186       SR*   Goodyear, AZ (Millennium HS)

What does the * mean?

I agree with Mike I - Hunter Henry

and I agree with UU - Keon Hatcher

Toss up between these 2.  HH has that "Big game X" factor, and Keon just needs to show he can do it in a game and not just practice.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

PonderinHog

Quote from: Notshavin on July 02, 2014, 10:41:46 pm
What is the * mean?

I agree with Mike I - Hunter Henry

and I agree with UU - Keon Hatcher

Toss up between these 2.  HH has that "Big game X" factor, and Keon just needs to show he can do it in a game and not just practice.
Redshirt?

PorkRinds

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on July 02, 2014, 10:36:45 pm
PorkHinds, Why not JoJo Robinson?
I was just throwing a name out there. Could be anyone, therazorbackgay.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 02, 2014, 11:31:04 pm
I was just throwing a name out there. Could be anyone, therazorbackgay.

PorkHinds, probably not going to be a fun season but love your avatar

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

lefty08

Quote from: ChauvinistPig on July 02, 2014, 12:19:15 pm
I'm not sure. He is not listed on Scout's 2014 Roster

Hes not the only.player not listed.....
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

hawgcall10

Hatcher is our best receiver -- not because of his receiving ability (which I think is about on par with Cornelius, Wilson and Hollister) but because of his blocking ability.

LZH

Quote from: lumphog on July 02, 2014, 10:09:22 pm
What have you seen from Hawkins ? That guy has speeed to burn & could be the guy to stretch the field.

I expected him to be a Percy Harvin type guy....I really did.  I thought he'd have worked his way into an all SEC spot by now.

elksnort

Quote from: southeasthog on July 02, 2014, 07:50:47 pm
I'm so glad the douchebageries come out in every thread about offense to bash our QB.
BA is still unproven.