Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogg Ball is Back!

Started by Hoggie17, July 01, 2014, 09:09:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggie17

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – For the 21st straight season in Bud Walton Arena, the Arkansas men's basketball team finished in the top 30 in the country in home attendance, placing 21st amongst the 351  Division I programs.

Hogg ball is back and fans love it. Atendance best since 2000-2001 season.  I can't wait until the season starts!

WPS!!

motohog

Hog ball will be back when the stands are packed for every game of the season. That is how it used to be. I think we will get there.. It's just a matter of time.

Dr. Starcs

And when we consistently make the big dance which will then result in the big crowds.

Poker_hog

That's great support considering we had a top 30 team maybe 6 times during those 21 years.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

HogBreath

Quote from: motohog on July 01, 2014, 09:27:37 am
Hog ball will be back when the stands are packed for every game of the season. That is how it used to be. I think we will get there.. It's just a matter of time.
Yeah, maybe next year or the year after next.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Hoggie17 on July 01, 2014, 09:09:56 am
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – For the 21st straight season in Bud Walton Arena, the Arkansas men's basketball team finished in the top 30 in the country in home attendance, placing 21st amongst the 351  Division I programs.

Hogg ball is back and fans love it. Atendance best since 2000-2001 season.  I can't wait until the season starts!

WPS!!

They were a very exciting team to watch.  I can't wait to go to some games this year

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: Poker_hog on July 01, 2014, 12:55:05 pm
That's great support considering we had a top 30 team maybe 6 times during those 21 years.
ha true that....
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

The Boar War

Quote from: motohog on July 01, 2014, 09:27:37 am
Hog ball will be back when the stands are packed for every game of the season. That is how it used to be.

Honestly I think those days are over regardless of how good the team might be.

The_Iceman

Quote from: The Boar War on July 02, 2014, 07:30:37 am
Honestly I think those days are over regardless of how good the team might be.

With the SEC Network, 60" HD Flat screens, cost of tickets + concessions, etc.... it just hard to make it to games. I did when I could get student tickets. But now that I am out and on a budget, it's not likely I'll be going to make games unless my family has an extra ticket.

nextlevel

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 02, 2014, 09:30:02 am
With the SEC Network, 60" HD Flat screens, cost of tickets + concessions, etc.... it just hard to make it to games. I did when I could get student tickets. But now that I am out and on a budget, it's not likely I'll be going to make games unless my family has an extra ticket.

If you notice, when schools build new arenas today, they are not always building larger arenas, several have built smaller capacity arenas because of this.

The same thing will happen in football, there is a reason why NFL stadiums do not seat 100k+.

The schools do have the ability to increase the student sections in their venues to help reach capacity crowds, which really isn't a bad thing, other than the "lost" revenue.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

poloprince

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 02, 2014, 09:30:02 am

If you put back a dollar a day starting today you can make 4 games at least.  Get off your arse.
$PoLoPrInCe$

Hoggish1

Quote from: nextlevel on July 02, 2014, 10:54:27 am

The schools do have the ability to increase the student sections in their venues to help reach capacity crowds, which really isn't a bad thing, other than the "lost" revenue.

"lost"?  How 'bout lowering the cost of tickets to bring seating up (full) to equal the amount of $ lost.

What would full attendance do for the players AND the fans?

Johnboy

A lot of guys on here don't think the way I do, but Mike Anderson has rejuvenated a dying fan base.  My parents never took me to games.  Until MA came aboard I only watched on TV.  I have been to 2 games a year since he was hired and plan to make more each year. 

The majority of my friends and family are still football, football, and more football.  They don't keep up with basketball at all.  Was that the way it was in the 90s (keep in mind I was born in 80 and wasn't a big sports fan my HS years)?  I am actually much more excited about bball season than fball season. 

Am I in the minority here?  It is just so much more fun of a product to watch (MA style of bball). 

rzrbackramsfan

No I definitely agree with you.  Mike anderson has bright a very exciting brand of basketball.  They take lots of risks and go for knockout punches.  It works well at home.  I become super engaged when watching because I play some pretty competitie pick up games and no the mentality they're in.

1highhog

Quote from: Johnboy on July 23, 2014, 11:58:38 am
A lot of guys on here don't think the way I do, but Mike Anderson has rejuvenated a dying fan base.  My parents never took me to games.  Until MA came aboard I only watched on TV.  I have been to 2 games a year since he was hired and plan to make more each year. 

The majority of my friends and family are still football, football, and more football.  They don't keep up with basketball at all.  Was that the way it was in the 90s (keep in mind I was born in 80 and wasn't a big sports fan my HS years)?  I am actually much more excited about bball season than fball season. 

Am I in the minority here?  It is just so much more fun of a product to watch (MA style of bball). 

I can't answer about you being in the minority or not regarding our fan base, but I know that I've always been more passionate about Football than Basketball, even though I go to both games, even through the tough seasons.  I have followed the Football Hogs since 1969, and the Basketball Hogs since 1975.  I've also been a big follower of our Track & Field team since the late 80's, not because of us winning so many titles per say, but I really enjoy the sport and of course the winning did help matters, but it's also my favorite Summer Olympic Sport. 

Even though Coach MA was not my choice as Coach, I have supported him in being our Coach, this is his year though to break through and this team has to go dancing, if not, not only is his seat hot, but 4 years for a basketball Coach is pushing close to the limit, I hope he makes it.

mhuff

Quote from: 1highhog on July 23, 2014, 02:29:31 pm
I can't answer about you being in the minority or not regarding our fan base, but I know that I've always been more passionate about Football than Basketball, even though I go to both games, even through the tough seasons.  I have followed the Football Hogs since 1969, and the Basketball Hogs since 1975.  I've also been a big follower of our Track & Field team since the late 80's, not because of us winning so many titles per say, but I really enjoy the sport and of course the winning did help matters, but it's also my favorite Summer Olympic Sport. 

Even though Coach MA was not my choice as Coach, I have supported him in being our Coach, this is his year though to break through and this team has to go dancing, if not, not only is his seat hot, but 4 years for a basketball Coach is pushing close to the limit, I hope he makes it.

I have been a FB and BB fan since 1966.  I am more of a BB fan and have followed them more even though I have been to 80 or more FB games. I am an Eddie Sutton and Nolan Richardson disciple when it comes to defense. Nolan has always been my favorite coach. I hope MA is able to bring it this year. This has to be the year. We have too many elite recruits considering us in 2016 to go looking for another coach. But, MA only deserves this year, so I hope he produces. The future of the program is riding on it.

Why are we not hearing anything from the LR player SF Moore that is a 2016 graduate? We can not miss on all these instate players.

Hoggie17

We make to the elite 8, the fun is back!

Speedracer

Sell beer, that'll pack the house
Like smites bother me.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: Hoggish1 on July 22, 2014, 09:27:21 pm
"lost"?  How 'bout lowering the cost of tickets to bring seating up (full) to equal the amount of $ lost.

They could do so much more to market it.  There are so many die-hard Hog fans who have never been to a game, and would love it. 

They need to offer more incentives, special packages, deals, etc.

With a team as exciting as last year's, they should be packing that place full against SEC schools and other top 25 teams.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Breems

Quote from: Speedracer on July 31, 2014, 03:47:10 pm
Sell beer, that'll pack the house

That'd be the easiest way to do it. There is a universal dependency on alcohol to have a good time.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Speedracer

Quote from: Breems on July 31, 2014, 04:04:13 pm
That'd be the easiest way to do it. There is a universal dependency on alcohol to have a good time.

Or operate heavy construction equipment
Like smites bother me.

1highhog

Quote from: Johnboy on July 23, 2014, 11:58:38 am

Both of my parents have been Hog Fans all their lives, but had never been to a game, Football or Basketball until I started taking them in when my Dad turned 70 and my Mom 66.  We were just to poor growing up, but I would have been a fan regardless if they were or not.  My Mom played sports in High School, being a standout basketball player averaging near 20pts/12rbs a game.  To this day, they watch and listen to all of the games, my two brothers couldn't care less, but in the end it was my decision to love sports.  I went to a very small school, Wilmar, but we had a great basketball team most years.  That's what developed my love of sports was competing, I'm 50 now, and I still love to compete at everything I do. 

You were born in 1980, you were 14 when The Hogs won the Title, and you didn't like Sports and couldn't get into that?  What were you doing, playing video games?

1highhog

Quote from: Hoggie17 on July 01, 2014, 09:09:56 am

WPS!!

Hog Ball is not back yet my friend.  The fan base has come around slightly, but unless CMA takes this, his best team deep into the NCAA, things are not looking that rosy to me.  This is his 4th year, in Bball, that's plenty of time to get your team together and system installed, we have yet to make one entrance into the tournament.  This is a very talented team, hopefully they've learned to play on the road, they may not can win the SEC, but I would be disappointed if they cam in worse than 3rd place.  They need a good run in the NCAA, making the sweet 16 should be a goal that is attainable.

Hoggie17

Since Anderson returned we have improved every year. First year 18-14, Second Year 19-13 and last year 22-12 NIT second year.  This year will be even better. I am excited about the up comming season, haven't felt that way since the 90's. Hogg ball has returned for me.

DCHawg

Hoggie17

Quote from: DCHawg on August 01, 2014, 11:41:48 am
Isn't it "Hawgball"?
Fastest 40 Minutes in Basketball, Hawgball, Hogg Ball  or 40 minutes of Hell,
just enjoy.

mhuff

We are not playing Hawg Ball but Hog Ball. Hope we start playing the former.

Hoggie17

Quote from: mhuff on August 01, 2014, 05:14:09 pm
We are not playing Hawg Ball but Hog Ball. Hope we start playing the former.
I liked 40 minutes of Hell.

FaytownHog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on July 22, 2014, 09:27:21 pm

They should certainly bring down the upper deck tickets to $10 for every game. It's still worth going to a game up there, but it shouldn't be the same as the lower bowl. Plus opens it up to people on less of a budget. Just IMO.

Horsesrus

Being a relative newcomer to all things Arkansas athletics, the most surprising thing to me is ticket pricing being the same for the lower and upper decks in football and basketball.  I know football has the donation levels to achieve pricing differential but it still seems very odd to me.

jwpattyson

I agree we are back and will be in top 25 by the end of December.
Give me Razorback sports or give me death.

Johnboy

Quote from: 1highhog on August 01, 2014, 06:47:20 am
Both of my parents have been Hog Fans all their lives, but had never been to a game, Football or Basketball until I started taking them in when my Dad turned 70 and my Mom 66.  We were just to poor growing up, but I would have been a fan regardless if they were or not.  My Mom played sports in High School, being a standout basketball player averaging near 20pts/12rbs a game.  To this day, they watch and listen to all of the games, my two brothers couldn't care less, but in the end it was my decision to love sports.  I went to a very small school, Wilmar, but we had a great basketball team most years.  That's what developed my love of sports was competing, I'm 50 now, and I still love to compete at everything I do. 

You were born in 1980, you were 14 when The Hogs won the Title, and you didn't like Sports and couldn't get into that?  What were you doing, playing video games?

I never said I didn't like sports.  I said that I wasn't a huge sports fan in high school.  I was in HS from 1996 to 1998, there were no message boards like this so other than my extremely small sample size of my home town I have no idea.  My question was in the 90s were the majority of Hog fans geared more towards basketball or football.  We watched the 1994 and 1995 tournament in my classroom at school.  It was popular and I was into it.  But I didn't go to games and didn't talk to anyone outside of my small home town.

By the time 1996 came around I got my first vehicle and was too interested in girls to be a huge fan.  Surely that is understandable.