Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gragg Tweet

Started by deedster84, June 30, 2014, 08:50:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

deedster84

The way I read this, it sounds good for Arkansas.

Spook ‏@W_Gragg7

Mane Chris talkin bout they '08 recruiting class was better than our '15 recruiting class! I beg to differ.

COCHISE

Sounds positive to me.

ldfergu

Probably just referring to the in state crop

Music City Hog

ifghog

He definitely does love Arkansas...I just hope he will call the Hogs! I think it was more geared toward just competitiveness.....I still think he will be a Hog.

COCHISE

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on June 30, 2014, 09:19:49 pm
Probably just referring to the in state crop
Interesting debate for sure. This class will have a ways to go to match the productivity and success of the Gragg, J. Wright, Childs, Adams, and D.J. class.

onebadrubi

That's not good or bad.  Problem is, He is measuring his level of good by what happens in their own lives, not what happens for the razorbacks.  Someone should respond and say what made the 08 class great is they stuck together in state and thrived. 

The Boar War

I hope Chris (and his parents) are talking to Will about how Arkansas helped turn a two star recruit into an NFL tight end.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

jry04

Quote from: The Boar War on June 30, 2014, 10:28:23 pm
I hope Chris (and his parents) are talking to Will about how Arkansas helped turn a two star recruit into an NFL tight end.
That was a completely different coaching staff.

Although, I think it is clear Bielema can develop tight ends as well, if not better than the previous staff.

The Boar War

Quote from: jry04 on June 30, 2014, 10:31:02 pm
That was a completely different coaching staff.

Although, I think it is clear Bielema can develop tight ends as well, if not better than the previous staff.

And he committed to another coaching staff.  Point being the home state school offered when schools like Memphis and Grambling were his best options.  There's no question that his own talent and work ethic made him into an NFL caliber athlete but Arkansas gave him the coaching to develop that talent and the stage to show it on.

I'm not saying that Will should commit just because of that but I do wonder if it's ever brought up.

rzrbackramsfan

Geez good point poster with the cardinals avatar.

jry04

Quote from: The Boar War on June 30, 2014, 10:39:14 pm
And he committed to another coaching staff.  Point being the home state school offered when schools like Memphis and Grambling were his best options.  There's no question that his own talent and work ethic made him into an NFL caliber athlete but Arkansas gave him the coaching to develop that talent and the stage to show it on.

I'm not saying that Will should commit just because of that but I do wonder if it's ever brought up.
I understand what you are saying, but you are acting as if the school alone will develop him regardless of the coach. Gragg was developed under Petrino, so saying he should come because Arkansas turned his brother into a pro is somewhat irrelevant. Yes, it shows you can go pro while attending Arkansas, but the coaches who turned him pro are no longer on campus.

870hogfan

Quote from: jry04 on June 30, 2014, 10:46:15 pm
I understand what you are saying, but you are acting as if the school alone will develop him regardless of the coach. Gragg was developed under Petrino, so saying he should come because Arkansas turned his brother into a pro is somewhat irrelevant. Yes, it shows you can go pro while attending Arkansas, but the coaches who turned him pro are no longer on campus.

Gragg should look at Coach Bielema history of getting tight ends drafted in the NFL. Hunter Henry will be the next one.

redeye

Quote from: jry04 on June 30, 2014, 10:46:15 pm

I think it also says something for the school.  Stacy Lewis recently credited the school, NWA and the people up there for her success, but I don't think she ever mentioned her coach, specifically.

The way I see it, the only way to tell which class is better is if Gragg and Hill sign with Arkansas, because it doesn't matter what they do anywhere else.  Gragg may have been all-word at Boise, or rode the bench his entire career at Florida, but neither of those are Arkansas.  If this class ever ranks in the top-5 and competes for national titles, then we'll have a legitimate debate.

SemperFi

Quote from: redeye on July 01, 2014, 12:12:26 am
I think it also says something for the school.  Stacy Lewis recently credited the school, NWA and the people up there for her success, but I don't think she ever mentioned her coach, specifically.

The way I see it, the only way to tell which class is better is if Gragg and Hill sign with Arkansas, because it doesn't matter what they do anywhere else.  Gragg may have been all-word at Boise, or rode the bench his entire career at Florida, but neither of those are Arkansas.  If this class ever ranks in the top-5 and competes for national titles, then we'll have a legitimate debate.

Agreed! Should Gragg and Hill become Hogs and I believe that they will, what will truly matter to Razorback Nation is what these two young men do in a Razorback uniform, not what they do for one of our rivals. They will be forgotten and shunned by an entire state despite any success or failure at the next level. That's just the way life is when it comes to the world of sports. On game day Alabama becomes the enemy and our beloved Razorbacks God's own army....err, Marine Corps.

Both of these incredible athlete's have the potential to be impact Players for the Hogs. The Coaching staff has made their pitch and the fanbase their voices heard. Hopefully, we'll be celebrating these two young men as Razorbacks in the very near future. WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Steef

Not to derail the thread, but I have read on a couple different occasions, Stacy discussing that she has brought her former UA coach to different tournaments for professional (putting was mentioned) advice.

:)

secneahog

Quote from: COCHISE on June 30, 2014, 09:38:41 pm
Interesting debate for sure. This class will have a ways to go to match the productivity and success of the Gragg, J. Wright, Childs, Adams, and D.J. class.

D.j was a HDN recruit.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

MP24

Johnson was recruited from Arkansas (Texarkana, AR) class of 2008. He committed to Arkansas on 1/14/2008. He was recruited by Tim Horton .

http://247sports.com/Player/Dennis-Johnson-14096?Institution=24097

Bobby hired 12/07

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article/30676/bobby-petrino-timeline-at-arkansas?page=all

Not that it matters
January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

redeye

Quote from: steefhog on July 01, 2014, 07:04:41 am
Not to derail the thread, but I have read on a couple different occasions, Stacy discussing that she has brought her former UA coach to different tournaments for professional (putting was mentioned) advice.

:)

I don't doubt that.  My point was merely that she also credits the school.

PonderinHog

Quote from: secneahog on July 01, 2014, 10:40:37 am
D.j was a HDN recruit.
Dennis Johnson or D. J. Williams?

Wildhog

D.j was a HDN recruit.

Pretty sure he was a BP recruit.  I remember us offering late.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ldfergu

Quote from: Music City Hog on June 30, 2014, 09:23:20 pm
Clearly

It seemed like the first couple posts thought it was referring to the class Arkansas was putting together...

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: COCHISE on June 30, 2014, 09:38:41 pm
Don't forget about Tyler.

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: Wildhog on July 01, 2014, 11:00:47 am
Pretty sure he was a BP recruit.  I remember us offering late.

Yeah, didn't CBP pull the offer from the Thomas kid from San Antonio and then offer to DJ?

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on July 01, 2014, 11:00:02 am
Dennis Johnson or D. J. Williams?

I think he was talking about D.J.Williams.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on July 01, 2014, 12:06:35 pm
Yeah, didn't CBP pull the offer from the Thomas kid from San Antonio and then offer to DJ?

Correct.  I think the Thomas thing was mutual.  I remember him spouting off about how great OM was right after HDN was named coach.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Wildhog

Quote from: Fort Dweller on July 01, 2014, 12:15:19 pm
Correct.  I think the Thomas thing was mutual.  I remember him spouting off about how great OM was right after HDN was named coach.

This.  Plus, I think he got injured and never played.  Could be wrong on that, though.  It's been a while.
1909/1964/1965/1977

MP24

Quote from: ricepig on July 01, 2014, 12:14:13 pm
I think he was talking about D.J.Williams.

I think D.J.Williams was class of 2007.

ricepig

Quote from: MP24 on July 01, 2014, 02:00:32 pm
I think D.J.Williams was class of 2007.

Thus a Nutt commit.

redeye

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 01, 2014, 12:28:54 pm
Bigger 5-star in-state flop: Curtis or Winston?

I don't know how 247 ranks players before it existed, but it's funny how they show Curtis, Wilson and Wright as 5-star players.  That may be because they show them all as their #1 player, which obviously makes no sense.  I don't even recall any of them receiving 5-stars from any of the big services back then and I'm pretty sure none were considered the #1 player in the nation.  I'm also pretty sure that Arkansas has never signed three 5-star players before.

MP24

Quote from: ricepig on July 01, 2014, 02:01:15 pm
Thus a Nutt commit.

That is true, I thought Gragg was comparing 2008 to 2015.

Spook ‏@W_Gragg7
Mane Chris talkin bout they '08 recruiting class was better than our '15 recruiting class! I beg to differ.

CallThoseHawgs

Quote from: redeye on July 01, 2014, 02:08:50 pm
I don't know how 247 ranks players before it existed, but it's funny how they show Curtis, Wilson and Wright as 5-star players.  That may be because they show them all as their #1 player, which obviously makes no sense.  I don't even recall any of them receiving 5-stars from any of the big services back then and I'm pretty sure none were considered the #1 player in the nation.  I'm also pretty sure that Arkansas has never signed three 5-star players before.
Curtis was a 5 star recruit. Pretty sure he played in UnderArmour game. Big time bust, I don't believe the other two were 5 stars tho.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: CallThoseHawgs on July 01, 2014, 02:40:36 pm
Curtis was a 5 star recruit. Pretty sure he played in UnderArmour game. Big time bust, I don't believe the other two were 5 stars tho.

Curtis was a 4* on both Rivals and Scout.

https://rivals.yahoo.com/arkansas/football/recruiting/player-De'Anthony-Curtis-61170;_ylt=AvCdgujt7IHiUkKJ.saHCJ7zq5B4

http://arkansas.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=8&c=1&nid=2993238

I don't believe 247 was around then.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

ldfergu

Quote from: MP24 on July 01, 2014, 02:10:33 pmI thought Gragg was comparing 2008 to 2015.

Spook ‏@W_Gragg7

Yes, he's comparing the in state talent.  Not the class the Univ of Arkansas will have.  At least that's how I took it

ricepig

Quote from: MP24 on July 01, 2014, 02:10:33 pm
That is true, I thought Gragg was comparing 2008 to 2015.

Spook ‏@W_Gragg7

I thought the poster was referring to Williams, I guess he can tell us.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on June 30, 2014, 10:42:47 pm
Geez good point poster with the cardinals avatar.

Guess it's safe to assume that I'm the only Marlins fan here huh :(
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on July 01, 2014, 02:55:49 pm
I thought the poster was referring to Williams, I guess he can tell us.

I just assumed Johnson, because he said 2008 class. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

COCHISE

Quote from: Wildhog on July 01, 2014, 03:49:51 pm
I just assumed Johnson, because he said 2008 class. 
Correct

ChicoHog

Any worry with Cantrell and O'Grady committed that the TE class may be too crowded for Gragg?  I know we use a lot of TEs but he may think 3 in one class is too many.  I hope not. 

pondwater jack

No.  All three are Huge Gets.... That is not something i just throw out there either...Huge.
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Quote from: pondwater jack on July 01, 2014, 09:49:07 pm
No.  All three are Huge Gets.... That is not something i just throw out there either...Huge.
Does 3 huge gets = 1 enormous get? Hate to get too carried away here, you're the expert Jack. Look forward to your response.
ched come back pls

pondwater jack

Quote from: Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson on July 01, 2014, 09:50:38 pm
Does 3 huge gets = 1 enormous get? Hate to get too carried away here, you're the expert Jack. Look forward to your response.
as i sit here in central arkansas waitin for the storm 2 pass.....polishing off these scattered smothered covered chunked slapped and robbed (my own special recipe they make for me) i am considering your question.   id say that the first two are huge gets....and depending on how much we use a 3 tide end set all three could "huge gets" especially in terms of future recruits. Now if the order was reversed im inclined to say "huge huge big"  i hope that squares a few things for some of you
Pwj
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Quote from: pondwater jack on July 01, 2014, 09:57:49 pm
as i sit here in central arkansas waitin for the storm 2 pass.....polishing off these scattered smothered covered chunked slapped and robbed (my own special recipe they make for me) i am considering your question.   id say that the first two are huge gets....and depending on how much we use a 3 tide end set all three could "huge gets" especially in terms of future recruits. Now if the order was reversed im inclined to say "huge huge big"  i hope that squares a few things for some of you
Pwj

Thanks Jack. That reply meant a huge amount to me. And I don't say that lightly. Thank you for putting this into perspective for a novice like myself.

Edit: is the term "tide end" code for you hinting at where William ends up? I'm hoping this was a simple case of finger fudgery. Thanks in advance.
ched come back pls

pondwater jack

No. I dont think hell go there. No reason or gout. Just a gut feeling. Let me put it to you this way. If sec was a waffle house. ...like the one i am in now.... Just soppin up sirup with this waffle... Swabbing the deck and watching these professionals work... If this was the sec....a guy like gragg wants to cook...not dish and clean.  at arkansas hes slingin choff... At bama hes got his hair up in a net with three other TEs bustin tables and calling orders. "2 over medium... And toast....ham.....coffee black!" "1 omlet... Drag it thru the garden!"  somebody else gets the glory....pwj

go hogues

D.j was a HDN recruit.
Gragg, Childs and Wright were too.

Tyler, Joe and Dennis Johnson would not have been Hogs had HDN stayed on staff.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Quote from: pondwater jack on July 01, 2014, 10:19:42 pm
No. I dont think hell go there. No reason or gout. Just a gut feeling. Let me put it to you this way. If sec was a waffle house. ...like the one i am in now.... Just soppin up sirup with this waffle... Swabbing the deck and watching these professionals work... If this was the sec....a guy like gragg wants to cook...not dish and clean.  at arkansas hes slingin choff... At bama hes got his hair up in a net with three other TEs bustin tables and calling orders. "2 over medium... And toast....ham.....coffee black!" "1 omlet... Drag it thru the garden!"  somebody else gets the glory....pwj
I couldn't have said it better myself. I've seen many Waffle House cooks in my day regret that they weren't out delivering the all star breakfast to customers who cheer and worship the heralded server handing them the one thing that cures them of their previous night of throat swabbing moonshine and racing high powered mowers. Gragg ain't no cook, that's for sure.

Thanks for taking the time to breaking it down to simple mans terms for me, Jack. Great stuff.
ched come back pls

SemperFi

Quote from: pondwater jack on July 01, 2014, 10:19:42 pm

Your intellect is definitely dizzying. I get what you're saying, which I guess that means that I'm every bit as "jacked" up as you (pun intended).
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan