Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jordan Scarlett

Started by Kyle, June 30, 2014, 04:25:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyle

4 star running back commit out of Florida decommited from FAU. Did we have interest in him at all prior to him committing?

Kyle

Here's a link:

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/four-star-rb-jordan-scarlett-decommits-from-fau-because-he-d--need-to-carry-the-team-145125401.html

I have a hard time believing this staff would take a kid with that kind of attitude, but you never know with recruiting.

yraciv

Poor Partridge!  He could have been more humble about it, said something like he had better offers on the table, but teenagers aren't always the best at handling recruitment.  He basically said what everyone was thinking when he committed there.  Doesn't make it right or him necessarily egotistical, but people scratch their head when you see a nationally ranked recruit going to FAU.

Huds_HawgTide

I don't think we would give him a chance and do that to a great coach and guy like partridge
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Kyle on June 30, 2014, 04:30:09 pm
Here's a link:

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/four-star-rb-jordan-scarlett-decommits-from-fau-because-he-d--need-to-carry-the-team-145125401.html

I have a hard time believing this staff would take a kid with that kind of attitude, but you never know with recruiting.
I can GUARANTEE you with that apparent attitude the kid needn't concern himself with a call from the Hill.

redeye

Quote from: yraciv on June 30, 2014, 04:40:10 pm
Poor Partridge!  He could have been more humble about it, said something like he had better offers on the table, but teenagers aren't always the best at handling recruitment.  He basically said what everyone was thinking when he committed there.  Doesn't make it right or him necessarily egotistical, but people scratch their head when you see a nationally ranked recruit going to FAU.

Yea, I agree.  FAU has highly rated players commit, and then decommit, every year, so you come to expect this to happen.

Also agree that he could have handled it better, but I don't see his quote as egotistical.  He probably would have ended up carrying the team and he's saying he wants to go somewhere that he's not that important.  I don't know if that's the attitude you want in a player, but it's rare to see a player show such humility.

In the end, he likely just wants to play somewhere else and just made the best excuse he could come up with to get out of his commitment.  We knew it was coming and I hope that we are recruiting him, because he must be pretty good with all those great offers.

tophawg19

likely he realized he was the only high profile player . That others didn't jump on board with him and that he would be a marked man . probably realizing that other teams know if they take him out they win. i think one of his coaches was hired was a reason he commited . may have been a falling out between the two . or Auburn could have offered him tons of money , just in case he goes there
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

GolfnHog

He's good at the HS level and still has another to prove his skill set but that still doesn't translate into success at the college level or even at the level beyond college.
Time will tell but I'm pleased with the types of RB's this staff is recruiting and getting to the Hill.

Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

redeye

Not sure who this guy is, but I found this on his twitter feed:

Pat Lammer
‏@PLamRecruiting
Just confirmed with #FAU RB de-commit Jordan Scarlett (@Famousscarlett) that his top 4 right now are #Miami #FSU #SouthCarolina #OhioState

Hoggish1

Quote from: tophawg19 on June 30, 2014, 06:38:44 pm
or Auburn could have offered him tons of money , just in case he goes there

Hmmm.  Could be $omething there...

holeinthewall

I would look for Scarlett to commit to Miami and Cronkite to then de commit. Miami has said they are taking 2 RB this year they have 2 committed and Walton just reclassified from 16 to 15 so that makes 3. If Scarlett commits they are 2 over. Dexter Williams many expect to flip to UiF in the end he is from Orlando. 

Oklahawg

Let's not bump threads that are 18 months old.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra