Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hjalte Froholdt Blog

Started by The Recruiting Guy, June 30, 2014, 02:24:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PygmalionEffect

Sounds like the Academy Hjalte is attending will give him every advantage to improve his skills while finishing high school.
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

WBC Hog

Something to pay attention to in the future are some of the better players on Hjalte's new team.

OT Tyree St. Louis 6'6 300 w/ 24 offers. No hog offer
OT Miki Fifita 6'5 280 w/ 7 offers. No hog offer
OG Mirko Jurkovic 6'5 275 w/ 26 offers including a hog offer
MLB Nick Thomas 6'2 222- Wisconsin commit

I remember seeing on twitter once Hjalte found out he would be attending IMG Academy this year that he reached out to Jurkovic almost immediately recruiting for us. I already love Hjalte. WPS

Hoggish1

whosiskid

I liked Hjalte before he ever committed to Arkansas. I was absolutely shocked when he committed to us. I thought we had a shot but I expected him to hold off committing until his senior year in HS, and I figured he'd keep looking around and then lose interest in us.

But lord, was I surprised. He committed way earlier than I expected, but lord, when he did commit, you got the sense that nothing short of Arkansas dismantling their football program will keep him from becoming a Razorback.

I do expect that he is going to try and do some recruiting for us. I just hope he is successful. But I wonder if people know how good he is. Based on footage if Hjalte isn't a five star player, no one should be a five star player. The guy is just scary fluid in his movements, and he is extremely light on his feet. He is just freakishly athletic. And you see him listed as either a DE or DT because he really can at his size play DE. I can't wait to see him in a Hog uniform.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

SemperFi

Just a huge fan of this young man. Really excited about his potential as a Razorback. It does sound from reading his blog that he's homesick, so Hog fans need to make sure that we become his new family.

Is there any interest for his brother Lars? I watched some of the European football highlight video's and he could be a beast of a run stuffing DT. Put both brothers on the field and we'll have an awesome duo.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

whosiskid

Quote from: SemperFi on July 01, 2014, 07:02:15 am
Just a huge fan of this young man. Really excited about his potential as a Razorback. It does sound from reading his blog that he's homesick, so Hog fans need to make sure that we become his new family.

Is there any interest for his brother Lars? I watched some of the European football highlight video's and he could be a beast of a run stuffing DT. Put both brothers on the field and we'll have an awesome duo.

Hjalte wants to play in the NFL and has a total understanding that playing in the SEC is the best way to assure that. On the homesickness front, this is where Arkansas has a huge advantage that I was unaware of when first beginning to follow his recruitment: Danes on campus. We have several Danish kids in the athletic program in sprots that I will admit that I don't follow at all, like swimming or tennis or golf or something like that. Apparently Hjalte was talking with these kids before he even visited our campus. So for us the idea of his coming to Arkansas seems sorta remote, but for him it was logical: Arkansas was the place where some Danish kids were going to participate in their particular sport.

So he has some fellow Danes to speak Danish with. That is really important. Though if you've listened to the brothers' video blog, he is fluent in English (as most educated Danes are). So while he could well experience homesickness, he knows that Arkansas is the place he'd be less homesick than anywhere else, thanks to the native Danish speakers on campus.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

acey33

I do expect that he is going to try and do some recruiting for us. I just hope he is successful. But I wonder if people know how good he is. Based on footage if Hjalte isn't a five star player, no one should be a five star player. The guy is just scary fluid in his movements, and he is extremely light on his feet. He is just freakishly athletic. And you see him listed as either a DE or DT because he really can at his size play DE. I can't wait to see him in a Hog uniform.
[/quote]

Well said and I was thinking the same thing awhile back while watching some video of him playing and he was a BEAST...WPS

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

WorfHog

Is the blog going to be on wholehog each week or is Hjalte running it himself. If it's his site I want to go and post WPS! in the comments each week.