Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Could coach B be the savior?

Started by bruisemeister, June 30, 2014, 04:03:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: hawgsalot on July 02, 2014, 08:51:10 am
Back to the topic, CBB very well could be the perfect fit or coaching savior, we just don't know yet.

What we do know is he plays fundamental football that builds teams from the lines back.  That is perfect for Arkansas, we have to have a solid base to insure we quit riding this dang roller coaster.  If your good in the trenches you can establish year in and year out success as playmakers come and go.

What we do know is that he's young and not afraid to win championships, no one we've ever had comes close to meeting both of those requirements since joining the SEC.

What we do know is that he's tough minded and molded from walking on and working his way up by hard work and an unrentless desire to be on top and to drag us with him.

What we do know is that he's not going to let Arkansas back down from a fight anywhere, media or on the field.  To this day baffles me that so many fans want CBB to cower down and be quiet when discussing difficult subjects that clearly have to sides and opinions.  We need that kind of coach we were built on not being the biggest and baddest on the block but being tough and nasty that would come right after you.  We are razorbacks and we need a coach the embraces that spirit not a politician.

What we do know is that he can hire great assistants and isn't afraid to cut to the chase and give walking papers to slackers.  This also goes right along with running a clean program recruiting the right types of character and holding them accountable.

He has so many qualities that endure to Arkansas, it's not even funny, now he has to figure out how to get the fancy pancy offense guys back on board and can only do that with wins.  If he does, yes, he could be the football savior that truly takes us to long term success.

I'm sorry for the de-rail - I'm just shocked at the amount of Nutt apologists and even fans now who don't understand what a breath of fresh air BP was. What BP came into and pulled us out of, was much deeper and worse than what he got us into.  I'm not downplaying it, but it was truly a different animal.

The topic is whether BB could pull us out of this last mess, and it's worthy of debate.

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

ChitownHawg

Quote from: hawgsalot on July 02, 2014, 08:51:10 am
Back to the topic, CBB very well could be the perfect fit or coaching savior, we just don't know yet.

What we do know is he plays fundamental football that builds teams from the lines back.  That is perfect for Arkansas, we have to have a solid base to insure we quit riding this dang roller coaster.  If your good in the trenches you can establish year in and year out success as playmakers come and go.

What we do know is that he's young and not afraid to win championships, no one we've ever had comes close to meeting both of those requirements since joining the SEC.

What we do know is that he's tough minded and molded from walking on and working his way up by hard work and an unrentless desire to be on top and to drag us with him.

What we do know is that he's not going to let Arkansas back down from a fight anywhere, media or on the field.  To this day baffles me that so many fans want CBB to cower down and be quiet when discussing difficult subjects that clearly have to sides and opinions.  We need that kind of coach we were built on not being the biggest and baddest on the block but being tough and nasty that would come right after you.  We are razorbacks and we need a coach the embraces that spirit not a politician.

What we do know is that he can hire great assistants and isn't afraid to cut to the chase and give walking papers to slackers.  This also goes right along with running a clean program recruiting the right types of character and holding them accountable.

He has so many qualities that endure to Arkansas, it's not even funny, now he has to figure out how to get the fancy pancy offense guys back on board and can only do that with wins.  If he does, yes, he could be the football savior that truly takes us to long term success.

I don't think people are concerned about the mouthiness as Bobby was pretty mouthy as well when he was angry. I think it he has not won a game yet. Once he starts winning, and he will, the complaints of his comments will mostly go away.

I hope.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Peter Porker

Quote from: ChitownHawg on July 03, 2014, 09:20:18 am
I don't think you will get anyone to talk numbers with you. The bad taste that Nutt left simply is a red flag to a bull.

For me it was like reading a history lesson on the autrocities of Cambodia. I can loath what happened, but because I was not part of it makes it hard for me to replicate the emotion of the people who lived that history. I understand the emotion and appreciate the people who stood up.

I maybe wrong but I do get a sense from the postings over the years that people are afraid Nutt will worm hisway back into the State. Not as a coach of the Hogs, but something along the lines of the Hall of Fame. I don't see that happening as too many people would stand up. PRJ wouldn't be alone at that press conference this time around.

Best just to let this sleeping dog lie.

I'm not defending Nutt. My original idea was showing that Petrino had a very similar record as "the worst coach in Arkansas history". THAT IS MY POINT.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: ChitownHawg on July 03, 2014, 09:20:18 am
I don't think you will get anyone to talk numbers with you. The bad taste that Nutt left simply is a red flag to a bull.

For me it was like reading a history lesson on the autrocities of Cambodia. I can loath what happened, but because I was not part of it makes it hard for me to replicate the emotion of the people who lived that history. I understand the emotion and appreciate the people who stood up.

I maybe wrong but I do get a sense from the postings over the years that people are afraid Nutt will worm his way back into the State. Not as a coach of the Hogs, but something along the lines of the Hall of Fame. I don't see that happening as too many people would stand up. PRJ wouldn't be alone at that press conference this time around.

Best just to let this sleeping dog lie.

Thank you for this post, there is a lot of wisdom and insight there.  A lot of people on this board were a part of it, and knew family members of players, coaches and many, many people Nutt ended up trying to destroy.  Many of them were friends of Nutt that Nutt turned on, some were fans he tried to sue.

To simply throw some numbers...which believe me this is not the first time it's been done...Dale's stats can be worked and re-worked to argue any point you would like because his results were mediocre.

Porker guys like you that are new and have already made up your mind - that's your business - but if you truly want to be an informed fan and not stir up things with fans who lost a lot they had invested when Nutt was here(and who had been here a lot longer than you), then take a step back with your numbers and stats, and realize they might not mean as much as you think they do in the big picture of things.

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Peter Porker

Quote from: Notshavin on July 03, 2014, 09:36:34 am
Thank you for this post, there is a lot of wisdom and insight there.  A lot of people on this board were a part of it, and knew family members of players, coaches and many, many people Nutt ended up trying to destroy.  Many of them were friends of Nutt that Nutt turned on, some were fans he tried to sue.

To simply throw   numbers...which believe me this is not the first time it's been done...Dale's stats can be worked and re-worked to argue any point you would like because his results were mediocre.

Porker guys like you that are new and have already made up your mind - that's your business - but if you truly want to be an informed fan and not stir up things with fans who lost a lot they had invested when Nutt was here(and who had been here a lot longer than you), then take a step back with your numbers and stats, and realize they might not mean as much as you think they do in the big picture of things.

And yet were similar to Petrino's. What's that say about Petrino?

I don't care about Nutt and that other crap. I believe what you guys are saying. Again, my point is Petrino had a similar record after 4 years as Nutt. The consensus thought if Petrino had not been fired is he would have won about 6-8 games each of the last 2 seasons which still would have given him a similar record as Nutt. And that's with no SEC West titles and no victories vs Alabama. What's that say about Petrino?

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

PonderinHog

What's it say about the SEC-W, then and now?

Peter Porker

Quote from: PonderinHog on July 03, 2014, 09:49:16 am
What's it say about the SEC-W, then and now?

Here are all 17 of Petrino's SEC wins. You tell me.

Quote from: Peter Porker on June 06, 2014, 12:40:11 pm
But these 17 SEC wins were all awesome...

17 games

Auburn 5-7 2-6
LSU 8-5 3-5

Auburn 8-5 3-5
SCAR 7-6 3-5
Miss St 5-7 3-5

Georgia 6-7 3-5
Ole Miss 4-8 1-7
Vandy 2-10 1-7
SCAR 9-5 5-3 (1st SEC win vs opp having winning SEC record)
Miss St 9-4 4-4
LSU 11-2 6-2

Auburn 8-5 4-4
Ole Miss 2-10 0-8
Vandy 6-7 2-6
SCAR 11-2 6-2
Tennessee 5-7 1-7
Miss St 7-6 2-6

49-87 combined SEC record.

Average of 3-5 SEC record.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Peter Porker on July 03, 2014, 09:46:18 am

I don't care about Nutt and that other crap. I believe what you guys are saying. Again, my point is Petrino had a similar record after 4 years as Nutt. The consensus thought if Petrino had not been fired is he would have won about 6-8 games each of the last 2 seasons which still would have given him a similar record as Nutt. And that's with no SEC West titles and no victories vs Alabama. What's that say about Petrino?

While the records may have been the same my feeling is Petrino worked at building a team. From I read Nutt not so much.

To go beyond Nutt's W-L record CBP would have to developed a defense. The 2006 season had a great offense, but that defense was pretty disruptive as well. Would CBP have finally built the defense? We will never know.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

MFG

The SECW from 2007-2013 is A LOT stronger now than is was back in 2007-1998.

From 2013-2007 the SECW averaged 3.33 Top 25 teams in the Final Poll.
From 2007-1998 the SECW averaged 2.2 Top 25 Teams in the Final Poll.

Peter Porker

Quote from: MFG on July 03, 2014, 10:18:52 am
The SECW from 2007-2013 is A LOT stronger now than is was back in 2007-1998.

From 2013-2007 the SECW averaged 3.33 Top 25 teams in the Final Poll.
From 2007-1998 the SECW averaged 2.2 Top 25 Teams in the Final Poll.

For 2 of those seasons there's an extra West team. And Petrino didn't take over until 2008.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Peter Porker on July 03, 2014, 09:46:18 am
Not interested in your incessant posting of numbers.

The bottom line is this: Petrino screwed up big time and three years later he's the head coach of a respected football program in a major conference.

These days Nutt can't even get a job interview. He's sent out feelers to some of the bottom of the barrel mid majors and they not only didn't hire him, they didn't even talk to him.

Why is that?

Because even though it took a while the word in finally out that he's the very thing he accused Peyton Hillis of being: Poison in the locker room.

As for your assertion that Petrino didn't accomplish all that much at Arkansas, why does he keep getting hired? Because he's the best offensive mind in the college game. I will also say this. There's going to come a time when Nick Saban steps down. Alabama will hire Petrino.

Hide and watch.

MFG

Quote from: Peter Porker on July 03, 2014, 10:20:39 am
For 2 of those seasons there's an extra West team.

That should hurt their chances more then help.

MFG

Peter Porker

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 03, 2014, 10:21:27 am

The bottom line is this: Petrino screwed up big time and three years later he's the head coach of a respected football program in a major conference.

These days Nutt can't even get a job interview. He's sent out feelers to some of the bottom of the barrel mid majors and they not only didn't hire him, they didn't even talk to him.

Why is that?

Because even though it took a while the word in finally out that he's the very thing he accused Peyton Hillis of being: Poison in the locker room.

As for your assertion that Petrino didn't accomplish all that much at Arkansas, why does he keep getting hired? Because he's the best offensive mind in the college game. I will also say this. There's going to come a time when Nick Saban steps down. Alabama will hire Petrino.

Hide and watch.

All that matters is what he did at Arkansas. He beat 3 (SCAR twice) in 4 seasons.

In 2011 he lost twice and in those 2 losses the "best offensive mind" managed  3 TDs on 24 drives. All other drives were punts, turnovers, and a field goal.

Peter Porker

Quote from: MFG on July 03, 2014, 10:22:16 am
That should hurt their chances more then help.

Not when it was Johnny Football and Texas A&M.

MFG

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Peter Porker on July 03, 2014, 10:25:56 am
All that matters is what he did at Arkansas. He beat 3 (SCAR twice) in 4 seasons.

In 2011 he lost twice and in those 2 losses the "best offensive mind" managed  3 TDs on 24 drives. All other drives were punts, turnovers, and a field goal.

You're comparing him to Nutt. Nutt can't get work. Petrino will work his way to the top of college football (if he can stay away from hot chicks). There's is no comparison between them as play callers or head football coaches. Petrino resides in a different universe from Nutt.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 03, 2014, 10:30:57 am
You're comparing him to Nutt. Nutt can't get work. Petrino will work his way to the top of college football (if he can stay away from hot chicks). There's is no comparison between them as play callers or head football coaches. Petrino resides in a different universe from Nutt.

Why didn't he get hired by Texas, Tennessee, Auburn, etc? Truth is Louisville was desperate and Petrino had no options except going back to WKU of the Sun Belt. You know, the same school he said has better facilities than Arkansas.

PonderinHog

Spikes

Quote from: Peter Porker on July 03, 2014, 10:36:59 am
Why didn't he get hired by Texas, Tennessee, Auburn, etc? Truth is Louisville was desperate and Petrino had no options except going back to WKU of the Sun Belt. You know, the same school he said has better facilities than Arkansas.

Better facilities when he arrived at Arkansas... Not now, when he arrived... Your hate for CBP is strong.. You and Zeke must get together and troll nostop.. He coaching again and HDN is not.. Will be a very disturbing this year if Lville is moving up the rankings,  and we are 0'fer or 1 win in conference.
You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

GuvHog

Quote from: Peter Porker on July 03, 2014, 10:36:59 am

Lousiville desperate??? Not hardly. The previous coach left them with a loaded roster and Booby Petrino wasn't the only coach they considered. Bobby is back at Louisville because he led them to a 10-1 season capped off by an Orange Bowl win. The man is a WINNER PERIOD. Mediocre Head coaches don't get 11,000,000 buyouts in there contracts, especially from schools like Louisville.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Big Poppa Z

Quote from: Notshavin on July 03, 2014, 09:36:34 am...then take a step back with your numbers and stats, and realize they might not mean as much as you think they do in the big picture of things.

Using the same argument, folks should cease trying to rehabilitate Petrino with them, especially using extrapolated ones presuming he would continue to have ridiculous good fortune in (squeeked out against lessor opponents) victories whilst recruiting worse than Vanderbilt.

GuvHog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 03, 2014, 10:21:27 am

Why is that?

Hide and watch.

If the line in bold happens, things could get very ugly around here and Jeff Long's popularity could very possibly take a major nose dive IMHO.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Spikes on July 03, 2014, 11:00:32 am
Better facilities when he arrived at Arkansas... Not now, when he arrived... Your hate for CBP is strong.. You and Zeke must get together and troll nostop.. He coaching again and HDN is not.. Will be a very disturbing this year if Lville is moving up the rankings,  and we are 0'fer or 1 win in conference.

Funny how someone can praise CBP and then say that. Strong left him a "strong" team, so of course he will do well as he knows how to game prep / call plays. The question mark on CBP is can he sustain a program? No one knows because he has not stayed in one place long enough.

My guess is he won't stay at Louisville for very long. His competitive nature will draw him back to the SEC.

And we are going to win more than 0 or 1 game this year.

Big Poppa Z

Quote from: GuvHog on July 03, 2014, 11:04:49 am
Bobby is back at Louisville because he led them to a 10-1 season capped off by an Orange Bowl win.

1.  Against nobody and the unknowns defeating the worst BCS team on record.
2.  He's back because he's OWNED and was, relatively, inexpensive.

GuvHog

Quote from: Zeke__in__KC on July 03, 2014, 11:09:20 am

An 11,000,000 buyout ISN'T inexpensive. NO University will give that large of a buyout to a head coach they hired because he was "relatively inexpensive".

Peter Porker

ChitownHawg

Quote from: GuvHog on July 03, 2014, 11:15:09 am
An 11,000,000 buyout ISN'T inexpensive. NO University will give that large of a buyout to a head coach they hired because he was "relatively inexpensive".

That maybe true, but it is also to ensure Bobby doesn't quickly bolt on them as nothing hurts a program more than a revolving door to the head coach's office.

There is only one conference big enough to fit CBP's ego and competitive nature. Unfortunately Louisville doesn't play in that conference.

Inhogswetrust

Lousiville desperate??? Not hardly. The previous coach left them with a loaded roster and Booby Petrino wasn't the only coach they considered. Bobby is back at Louisville because he led them to a 10-1 season capped off by an Orange Bowl win. The man is a WINNER PERIOD. Mediocre Head coaches don't get 11,000,000 buyouts in there contracts, especially from schools like Louisville.

No but a coach can have a multi million dollar buyout AND then be stupid enough to do something to get fired that will make that buyout null and void and not get paid the buyout!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

PonderinHog

Quote from: Peter Porker on July 03, 2014, 11:16:07 am

Your posts and Zeke's kinda remind me of breast without nipples.

They're pointless.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on July 03, 2014, 11:15:09 am

Sure they would IF they don't have to pay a buyout.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 03, 2014, 11:23:32 am
Sure they would IF they don't have to pay a buyout.

Kind of like when the market crashed in the late 80s. This young reporter asked Sam Walton how he was handling losing millions of dollars. He responded with until there is a transaction I have not lost anything.

It is a simple inexpensive clause that costs the school nothing. Unless you think Bobby will fall on his face and I don't think he will.

Peter Porker

This is who he beat at Louisville.

Quote from: Peter Porker on May 17, 2014, 01:25:30 pm
You didn't mind it when Booby made his record on beating Kentucky, Syracuse,  UTEP, Temple, Army, Tulane, ECU, Houston, Cincinnati,  Kentucky,  Army, UNC, ECU, USF, Memphis, TCU, Houston,  Cincinnati,  Tulane, Boise State (ranked), Kentucky,  Oregon State,  FAU, UNC, Cincinnati,  Pitt, Rutgers,  UCONN, Kentucky,  Temple,  Miami (fl) (ranked), Kansas State,  MTSU, Cincinnati,  Syracuse,  WVU (ranked), USF, Pitt, UCONN,  Wake Forest (ranked) 4 ranked teams in 4 years.

His losses USF (unranked), TCU, Memphis (unranked), Miami (oh), USF (unranked), WVU (unranked), VaTech, Rutgers

Peter Porker

Quote from: PonderinHog on July 03, 2014, 11:22:44 am
Your posts and Zeke's kinda remind me of breast without nipples.

They're pointless.

When one can't disputes facts they post stuff like this.

Spikes

Quote from: ChitownHawg on July 03, 2014, 11:09:04 am
Funny how someone can praise CBP and then say that. Strong left him a "strong" team, so of course he will do well as he knows how to game prep / call plays. The question mark on CBP is can he sustain a program? No one knows because he has not stayed in one place long enough.

My guess is he won't stay at Louisville for very long. His competitive nature will draw him back to the SEC.

And we are going to win more than 0 or 1 game this year.

Hope you're right, Vegas has are win total at 4.5, so getting 1 SEC win in their eyes will be very tough.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Peter Porker on July 03, 2014, 11:52:36 am
When one can't disputes facts they post stuff like this.
When one becomes obsessed, he tends to repeat the same drivel to the point that no  one pays attention to him anymore.

GuvHog

Quote from: ChitownHawg on July 03, 2014, 11:19:46 am
That maybe true, but it is also to ensure Bobby doesn't quickly bolt on them as nothing hurts a program more than a revolving door to the head coach's office.

There is only one conference big enough to fit CBP's ego and competitive nature. Unfortunately Louisville doesn't play in that conference.

If Bobby truly is "Relatively inexpensive" and "Mediocre", they wouldn't have given him an 11,000,000 buyout. They've never given any other previous HC anywhere close to that kind of buyout.

Peter Porker

Quote from: GuvHog on July 03, 2014, 12:07:18 pm
If Bobby truly is "Relatively inexpensive" and "Mediocre", they wouldn't have given him an 11,000,000 buyout. They've never given any other previous HC anywhere close to that kind of buyout.

They haven't had trust issues with other coaches.

Spikes

Quote from: Zeke__in__KC on July 03, 2014, 11:09:20 am

Zeke..  You're so funny, wait no you're not " Relatively inexpensive"i If CBP was in the SEC his salary would be tied for 5th with CSS.. So from a "financial" view point, I would say that he is not "relatively inexpensive.. Especially considering he making more money then CBB and 8 other SEC coaches

Pork Twain

Quote from: GuvHog on July 02, 2014, 08:54:36 pm
Yes, Seriously. One can hazard a guess (make an assumption) by looking at the rosters but no one will ever know for sure.
Impossible to not take a step back from the level we were the last two years with all of the holes we were going to have due to the 2009 and 2010 recruiting classes.  You can cover up a lot with a flashy offense, but one of the things you can't cover is an open receiver.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

ChitownHawg

Guv, now you know I didn't say he as mediocre. He will do very well with Strong's players and add a few more of his own. By year three some SEC will buyout his contract.

Big Poppa Z

If Bobby truly is "Relatively inexpensive" and "Mediocre", they wouldn't have given him an 11,000,000 buyout.

Which they will never have to pay.

Do you understand the concept of insurance?

TCTWF is now Louisville's lap dog.

Silver Hog

Big Poppa Z

Quote from: Notshavin on July 03, 2014, 12:51:03 am
Until you acknowledge that Nutt is an enemy of the program, and not just an incompetent coach that "overstayed" his welcome, you are a Nuttzi and you are no Hog fan.

Whilst I applaud the wordsmithing that came up with a new moniker for folks that deal in factual outcomes -- as inherently shortsighted, naive, agenda bound and irrational as it is -- your overall argument is not linear and fails.

Miserably.

GuvHog

Quote from: Zeke__in__KC on July 03, 2014, 03:03:37 pm
Which they will never have to pay.

Do you understand the concept of insurance?

TCTWF is now Louisville's lap dog.

Of course they won't pay it, they can't AFFORD to buy him out for the next 4 years or so. But if another school wants him bad enough, THEY will have to pay it. In essence if he keeps his nose clean, they are stuck with him for at least 4 or 5 years no matter what his record there is because very, very few schools are willing to pay an 11 million dollar buyout to get a Head coach no matter HOW good he is.

Big Poppa Z

Quote from: GuvHog on July 03, 2014, 03:45:45 pm
Of course they won't pay it, they can't AFFORD to buy him out for the next 4 years or so.

Sum?

Adding the buyout to his overall cost is disingenuous.

He's relatively inexpensive.

GuvHog

Quote from: Zeke__in__KC on July 03, 2014, 03:47:50 pm
Sum?

Adding the buyout to his overall cost is disingenuous.

He's relatively inexpensive.

I didn't add the buyout to his overall cost. As long as Bobby keeps his nose clean, the only way they can get rid of him is to pay him that 11 million dollars. THAT is a fact. They thought highly enough of Bobby to virtually handcuff themselves to him for at least 4 or 5 years. They are solidly committed to Bobby for at least 4 or 5 years with the only way out being he messes up like he did here. They didn't even do that for the highly touted Charley Strong who just left. That is a MASSIVE commitment to a coach.

Pork Twain

Quote from: GuvHog on July 03, 2014, 03:57:36 pm
I didn't add the buyout to his overall cost. As long as Bobby keeps his nose clean, the only way they can get rid of him is to pay him that 11 million dollars. THAT is a fact. They thought highly enough of Bobby to virtually handcuff themselves to him for at least 4 or 5 years. They are solidly committed to Bobby for at least 4 or 5 years with the only way out being he messes up like he did here. They didn't even do that for the highly touted Charley Strong who just left. That is a MASSIVE commitment to a coach.
I bet there is a lengthy "conduct" clause in there that allows them to dump him.  Just send some cheerleaders or volleyball players to practice and he is done.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

GuvHog

Quote from: Pork Twain on July 04, 2014, 06:17:10 am
I bet there is a lengthy "conduct" clause in there that allows them to dump him.  Just send some cheerleaders or volleyball players to practice and he is done.

I'm sure his contract does have a Conduct clause in it, all coaches contracts do. That's why I said they are stuck with him as long as he keeps his nose clean regardless of his teams record. That's a MASSIVE commitment on their part.

Pork Twain

Quote from: GuvHog on July 04, 2014, 10:27:02 am
I'm sure his contract does have a Conduct clause in it, all coaches contracts do. That's why I said they are stuck with him as long as he keeps his nose clean regardless of his teams record. That's a MASSIVE commitment on their part.
Not really